MODS PLEASE LOCK - The Wii VC Games - Volume 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
I got mario 64, and i bought my 2000 points at CC for 15 dollars. It makes everything seem cheaper, so mario 64 was only 7.50.

I got mario 64, I got worried when it said I needed a classic controller, then I realized my wavebird was on a different channel :p

Man I love this game, anyone know when LTTP/DKC are coming out?

WrestleCrap'sRD;2388725 said:
=Also hope beyond hope that at some point they start doing Nintendo ARCADE games, not NES ports. Arcade versions of DK, DKJr., and Mario Bros. are far superior to the NES versions.
I too prefer the arcade versions, but too bad it's virtual console, not virtual arcade. Doubt they'll bother

[quote name='darkcrawlspace']Yeah, I plan on getting an SD card to back them up, but Im trying to decide on either a 1GB or 2 GB card. So I was wondering how many megs some of the games were. Especially the N64 games.[/QUOTE]

Don't think in terms of megs for NES games. Think from a KB perpective because those things were tiny. Think of it like this: you could probably fit multiple NES games on a 1.44MB floppy disk.

[quote name='lilboo']Oooh, that works?! Nice![/QUOTE]

Keep in mind, BB is charging $22.99 for the $20 points card.

They ARE pricematching to the Circuit City $14.99 price ($19.99 - $5). I was dumb, I only got one card, probably should've gotten another. I don't need it right now but it's a good price.

Yeah, I got my Wii Points card at EB where I have credit that runs at about 33% of actual cost. So that Mario 64 I got only really cost me between $3 and $4 - definitely worth it for the convenience. I did buy the classic controller only 'cause I don't want to sully the appearance of the Wii by attaching Wavebird receivers into it (and no way I plug a wired controller into there for my kids to use ;)).

[quote name='gizmogc']No new VC games today...Was hoping we would get Super Mario World since it IS Monday.[/QUOTE]

They haven't even announced SMW have they?

[quote name='willardhaven']How does Mario 64 play?[/quote]
Really, Really good. It looks like it is running off a pc emulator, really crisp edges. It plays just like it did in 99(?)

are there any plans for leaderboards, or adding multiplayer to any of these games?
maybe that's wishful thinking, but the idea of it is so pure.

One thing that I liked about F-Zero was the little "manual" that you can access when you hit the home button while in a VC game. I was a bit worried about how much info they would give you, but it's a pretty decent amount.

I was debating scanning in my Sim City manual as a PDF, but if the in game stuff is decent, I don't think there is a need for me to do something like this.

[quote name='Scrubsy']Really, Really good. It looks like it is running off a pc emulator, really crisp edges. It plays just like it did in 99(?)[/QUOTE]
Does it put these games in full screen? If so does it look stretched and crappy?
I have a Samsung 32" LCD HDTV.

F-Zero did look stretched, but not so bad that it was annoying. The toughest thing for me with that game was using the Gamecube d-pad which just didn't feel right for the game. I ordered a classic controller that I'm picking up at Circuit City today to play it from now on.

Got this off Joystiq:

Nintendo-centric site The Wiire sifted through the Q & A in the Wii Shop Channel and discovered an interesting portion that explained the Update button, where you can download "enhancements" for a game.

It is unknown what enhancements there might be. The Q&A mentions that the updates would be provided free of charge, but that doesn't rule out other charged microtransactions. Likely the update feature exists to fix glitches; however, graphical improvements and online capabilities would be a nice touch. Who wouldn't want to play Mario Kart online?

We've contacted our Nintendo rep and will let you know what we learn.

I think we (I'll manage it) should keep a sticky of the current list of VC games, prices, when new games are added etc. Mods, can I do this? I'll make the updates when/if games are released every Monday. If so, should this be a sticky? (If yes, I'll delete this little introduction so we just have a list of games/prices, etc) Also, tell me if you guys want this or not. Just wanna add a little to this board.. that's all :)

Any suggestions on anything to make this easy for everyone to read/follow/stay updated with.. I'm very open to suggestions. Really want your input on this :) I'm also keeping the release date on each game for fun/lame trivia purposes..and that's it. I'll do more to this once we get stuff (HOPEFULLY!!) tomorrow. Again = all feedback welcome. This is just a small little thing I'll keep updated (and I'll delete these 2 paragraphs once it's been approved)

[size=+2]NES[/size] 500 points each
  • Donkey Kong (11/19/06)
  • The Legend of Zelda (11/19/06)
  • Mario Bros. (11/19/06)
  • Pinball (11/19/06)
  • Soccer (11/19/06)
  • Solomon's Key (11/19/06)
  • Wario's Woods (11/19/06)

[size=+2]Turbografx-16[/size] 600 points each
  • Bomberman '93 (11/21/06)
  • Bonk's Adventure (11/21/06)

[size=+2]Sega Genesis[/size] 800 points each
  • Altered Beast (11/19/06)
  • Sonic the Hedgehog (11/19/06)

[size=+2]SNES[/size] 800 points each
  • F-Zero (11/19/06)
  • Sim City (11/19/06)

[size=+2]Nintendo 64[/size] 1000 points each
  • Super Mario 64 (11/19/06)

[size=+1]Totals[/size]
NES 7
Turbografx-16 2
Genesis 2
SNES 2
N64 1

[size=+1]Total VC Games as of 11/27/07: 14[/size]
[size=+1]Total Wii Points for entire VC: 8900[/size]

thank you :)
Can't wait for that one week in the future where it says something along the lines of *updated x/x/07 MARIO RPG, KIRBY SUPERSTAR, AND MARIO KART 64 ADDED!*

ahhh, so nice :)

Well we'll have to see really what happens. It's only been a week. 12 games were ready when we got our Wiis last Sunday, and the 2 TB-16 games didn't show up until TUESDAY.

So if it indeed will be every Monday (starting sometime today!), then I'll make sure I update it making it clear what's new in both the post and title.

Total VC Games as of November 27th: 14.

Total number of Wii Points required for purchasing all games: 8900

Total chance of finding a Classic Controller online or in-store: 0.*

*--Yeah, yeah, I know..."But I saw a whole bunch today in my Toys R Us!" Just play along for the joke's sake, will ya?

Ok so I'll add the total games as of (date) and the total amount of points for the entire collection. The first part is a good idea, the 2nd is just for fun I suppose. (That might be a bit intimidating! LOL)

Oh. Well, run with either if you'd like. I was just setting up the Classic Controller joke. Sort of a 'spin' on the Mastercard commercials. But whatever works. Cheers!

I'm going to keep the total Wii Points.. I think in a way it'll be interesting in say.. another year of how much $$$ the VC costs

[quote name='cochesecochese']I hope something new drops while I'm at work today.[/quote]Oh, that's right, it is Monday, isn't it? This weekly updates thing could really help when we've got a drought of "real" games. :)

I wonder how long before we start seeing new things on the VC, not just classic games. I'm anxious to see if the VC will get a killer app akin like XBLA had its Geometry Wars.

I'm anxious for the Commodore 64 tab to show up one of these mondays.

I love how they are doing a different day than Live. Makes for two great days of the week to look forward to.

I'm gonna be bummed if Nintendo doesn't strike a deal with Sierra and Lucas Arts to get those old point-n-click adventures on the VC... anything new up on there yet this morning?

Mmmh man I love SNES games, I'll be getting Kirby Super Star, Mario RPG, Starfox 64, LOZ:OOT, Gunstar Heroes... Even though they're pricey, I love playin snes games on console. I'd get Sonic but I might as well get the PS2 collection then. Oh and I'll get Bomberman 93 as well since I've heard good stuff about it and I like Bomberman.

How was Ristar btw? I never played that.

Oh ya! Now I remember what I was gunna say:

FIRE EMBLEM FOR SNES??? wth since when! Do you think they'll be sending that over here anytime soon? I'd pay a lot for that one.

[quote name='evilmax17']I really wish there was an option to email your Wii whenever new VC games are added to the store. It seems like a no-brainer.[/QUOTE]

Pretty much, but let's hope that can get changed.

I just wish accessing the Wii Shop was easier. It takes awhile for it to connect and sometimes doesn't connect ... :wall:

[quote name='Spades22']Oh ya! Now I remember what I was gunna say:

FIRE EMBLEM FOR SNES??? wth since when! Do you think they'll be sending that over here anytime soon? I'd pay a lot for that one.[/QUOTE]

itd be great if they did. but unlikely because they would have to localize any of the older fire emblems. and that would take time and money.

i really wish there were new games up today, i am jonesin for some toe jam and earl.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back