MODS PLEASE LOCK - The Wii VC Games - Volume 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
New games are up, I've updated the first post/master list. The new ones were all of the remaining announced 2006 titles except Donkey Kong Jr. for NES.

For the NES: Baseball, Ice Hockey and Urban Champ
For the Genesis: Columns, Dr. Robotnik's Mean Bean Machine, Ecco the Dolphin, Golden Axe, Gunstar Heroes, Ristar, Space Harrier II, Toejam and Earl
For the Turbo: Dungeon Explorer, Superstar Soldier, and Victory Run

That leaves the interesting question... will there be more games this year, and if so which?

[quote name='Sir_Fragalot']

Is the SNES Sim City any good? Might pick that up sometime when I got extra cash after buying some genesis stuff.[/quote]

If you've only ever played this version or the original on the PC/Mac, yes it's decent.

If you've ever played any other version, namely SC3000, you wouldn't touch it with a dead cat's poo-stick. It did not age well.

[quote name='lilboo']What's going on? I don't get it. Duped? What happened?[/QUOTE]

There was a post on digg that stated that the remaining 2006 games were posted today on the VC via a Nintendo site that listed all of them, unfortunately that was inaccurate from people who have been on the VC today.

[quote name='lordwow']There was a post on digg that stated that the remaining 2006 games were posted today on the VC via a Nintendo site that listed all of them, unfortunately that was inaccurate from people who have been on the VC today.[/QUOTE]

Oh ok :)
Because I was just on the Wii Shop like 10 minutes before I checked this thread and there weren't anything new.. that's why I was confused!

Hopefully we get SOMEthing today!

Don't you wish you lived in Japan sometimes?

Famicom (aka, the NES)
12/2: Donkey Kong (Nintendo, 500pts)
12/2: Donkey Kong Jr. (Nintendo, 500pts)
12/2: Gomoku Narabe (Nintendo, 500pts)
12/2: Baseball (Nintendo, 500pts)
12/2: Tennis (Nintendo, 500pts)
12/2: Urban Champion (Nintendo, 500pts)
12/2: Pinball (Nintendo, 500pts)
12/2: Soccer (Nintendo, 500pts)
12/2: Super Mario Bros. (Nintendo, 500pts)
12/2: Ice Hockey (Nintendo, 500pts)
12/2: Zelda no Densetsu (aka The Legend of Zelda, Nintendo, 500pts)
12/2: Xevious (Bandai Namco Games, 500pts)
12/2: Solomon no Kagi (aka Solomon's Key, Tecmo, 500pts)
12/2: Gradius (Konami, 500pts)
12/12: Mario Brothers (Nintendo, 500pts)
12/12: Wario no Mori (aka Wario's Woods, Nintendo, 500pts)
12/19: Ninja Jaja Marukun (Jaleco, 500pts)
12/26: Kage no Densetsu (aka The Legend of Kage, Taito, 500pts)

Super Famicom (aka, Super Nintendo)
12/2: Super Mario World (Nintendo, 800pts)
12/2: F-Zero (Nintendo, 800pts)
12/2: Zelda: A Link to the Past (Nintendo, 900pts)
12/2: Akumajo Dracula (Super Castlevania, 800pts)
12/2: Street Fighter II (Capcom, 800pts)
12/12: Super Donkey Kong (aka Donkey Kong Country, Nintendo, 800pts)
12/19: Mario no Super Picross (Nintendo, 800pts)
12/19: Contra Spirits (Konami, 800pts)
12/26: R-Type III (Nintendo, 800pts)
12/26: Sim City (Nintendo, 900pts)
12/26: Fire Emblem: Monshou no Nazo (Nintendo, 900pts)

Nintendo 64
12/2: Super Mario 64 (Nintendo, 1000pts)

Mega Drive (aka Genesis)
12/2: Ecco the Dolphin (Sega, 600pts)
12/2: Gunstar Heroes (Sega, 600pts)
12/2: Golden Axe (Sega, 600pts)
12/2: Columns (Sega, 600pts)
12/2: Shadow Dancer (Sega, 600pts)
12/2: Altered Beast (Sega, 600pts)
12/2: Space Harrier II (Sega, 600pts)
12/2: Sonic the Hedgehog (Sega, 600pts)
12/2: Toejam & Earl (Sega, 600pts)
12/2: Puyo Puyo (Sega, 600pts)
12/2: Ristar the Shooting Star (Sega, 600pts)

PC Engine (aka Turbo Grafx)
12/2: PC Genjin (aka Bonk's Adventure, Hudson, 600pts)
12/2: Super Star Soldier (Hudson, 600pts)
12/2: Dungeon Explorer (Hudson, 600pts)
12/2: Victory Run (Hudson, 600pts)
12/2: Bomberman '94 (Hudson, 600pts)
12/2: New Adventure Island (Hudson, 600pts)
12/2: Necromanser (Hudson, 600pts)
12/2: Battle Load Runner (Hudson, 600pts)
12/13: R-Type I
12/20: Nectaris

I honestly cant see December 2nd being this huge day in Japan where 38 titles will be released in 1 day?
If they do, then they are lucky bastards.

(...is 12/2 the launch of Wii? If it is, then I take it back..)

Agrees. If I'm not mistaken I remember reading that we would get new games every Monday.. starting THIS Monday. The 2 TB16 games didn't count last week since they were supposed to be ready for launch, they just weren't.

[quote name='lilboo']I honestly cant see December 2nd being this huge day in Japan where 38 titles will be released in 1 day?
If they do, then they are lucky bastards.

(...is 12/2 the launch of Wii? If it is, then I take it back..)[/quote]
12/2 is the japanese launch date.

So... am I missing something or do games like Donkey Kong have no way to save high scores? Obviously you could just keep it in suspend forever, but you need to reset the game to get to 2 player if I'm not mistaken.

I understand that these games are untouched, but, gosh, a simple way to save scores on oyur own system would be nice.

[quote name='daroga']So... am I missing something or do games like Donkey Kong have no way to save high scores? Obviously you could just keep it in suspend forever, but you need to reset the game to get to 2 player if I'm not mistaken.

I understand that these games are untouched, but, gosh, a simple way to save scores on oyur own system would be nice.[/quote]

Wow. No high score saves? That is incredibly lame. So far I haven't been tempted to buy any VC games - I played them all to death way back when and I don't feel the need to pay for them again. Maybe we will see some original content soon or they will start releasing some obscure games or something. I'd even be interested in remixed versions of older games - like a new Zelda using Link to the Past's sprites...

So, uh, Monday was supposed to be the first official day where we get 10 new games right? And so far we've only gotten Super Star Soldier?

Anybody know what's going on?

[quote name='physlics66']Ecco the Dolphin and Golden Axe are up.[/quote]

Shoot. I'm excited cause I love Golden Axe, but I already got it on genesis. Perhaps my bro will buy it? ;)

Also, can't wait for Super Mario RPG as well, and Kirby Superstar. If you haven't played either one of these games, PLEASE do so when they come on VC! I really hope we get Super Castlevania over here soon, that was one title I was hoping for! I'll get that with zero regrets.

Oh yeah, almost forgot. Can someone tell me if Solomon's Key is any good? Never got around to playing it, and it looks decent.

Ya Mario RPG I'm so excited for. I played it on roms a bit, but both times it screwed up when I got to Geno, so I never really played through it far. Golden Axe is pretty good, I remember playing it on a collection of sega roms like 4 years ago or something, and it was one of my more favorite ones for sure.

Anybody notice any changes with the downloading screen? I started off with little mario, which I think broke the blocks when he hit them. Now, after I have bought some games, I now have big mario, and when he hits the blocks they stay there, but a coin comes out when he hits them.

Edit: I was typing that post as Wario's Woods was downloading, but when it finished, big mario stayed there and hit the brick until all of the coins came out! Nice! :)

[quote name='evanft']I think I'm going to kill a kitten every day Sin and Punishment isn't up on the VC.[/QUOTE]

For the love of god... cook them. Don't waste those good eats.

I would have to guess that the odds of that one making it's way over to any region outside of Japan are pretty slim though.

[quote name='psunami']For the love of god... cook them. Don't waste those good eats.

I would have to guess that the odds of that one making it's way over to any region outside of Japan are pretty slim though.[/quote]

And it's potential shit like this that has me thinking I need to import a Wii from Japan, not for Wii games, but for unreleased VC content. Anyone else here think they won't ever port Mother to the NES VC in the States? I don't!

There's already 2-3 titles on the Japanese VC list that are questionable releases over here. AND there's 3 Wii launch titles over there that aren't coming out over here anytime soon.

I'm gonna get me a J-Wii and some J-points and go download me some games...

I downloaded Mario 64 last night, it looks pretty crappy compared to what I remember, but I never owned it, and didn't want to get it for DS because of the control issues. Works like a charm on my Wavebird though.

I'm waiting for my Buy.com Wii Points card to come in to buy anymore, just wanted to test it out.

"I downloaded Mario 64 last night, it looks pretty crappy compared to what I remember"

Mario64 looks worlds better than it did on the N64.

[quote name='hhhdx4']"I downloaded Mario 64 last night, it looks pretty crappy compared to what I remember"

Mario64 looks worlds better than it did on the N64.[/QUOTE]

Ya, it could be, I never owned it, but I've seen the screenshots comparing the two. It definately does, but it still looks more dated than I remember.

[quote name='ajservo1']And it's potential shit like this that has me thinking I need to import a Wii from Japan, not for Wii games, but for unreleased VC content. Anyone else here think they won't ever port Mother to the NES VC in the States? I don't!

There's already 2-3 titles on the Japanese VC list that are questionable releases over here. AND there's 3 Wii launch titles over there that aren't coming out over here anytime soon.

I'm gonna get me a J-Wii and some J-points and go download me some games...[/quote]

It still won't work. You will be connecting from the american servers, so all you will see is american games. Sucks ass, I know.

I wont be getting Mario 64...cause well...I have it for N64 and have gotten every single star, met yoshi, etc and played that game a lot. (Didnt even use a guide and I was in grade 3 0_o) but if you havent played or beaten it I'd definitely say GET IT...it was a really good game. Although they had some Eel and dinosaur character that scared the crap out of me when I played the game back in G.3 xD

Okay, so the Japanese 2006 releases were dated and priced, and three games have been repriced: Link to the Past, Sim City, and Fire Emblem for SNES were upped from 800 points to 900 points. The bad news is, there goes the expectation that all games for one system will be the minimum price for that system. The good news is, it doesn't look like they will be attempting to hit eBay prices or something like that with some of the more high-profile releases, if LttP is any indication. Keeping all SNES games cheaper than N64 games is good.

http://www.1up.com/do/newsStory?cId=3155548

How is single player in this version of Bomberman? Are there computer opponents in battle mode too?

EDIT: Just picked it up. Fun game! Too bad we'll never see 94 over here.

i grabbed sm64 last night. i played it when it came out and beat it. but its nice for a nostalgic feeling. i dont expec tit to play like a new game. although tthe camera irratates me as much now as it did then lol. sitll a very good game though.

[quote name='Supercake']

Oh yeah, almost forgot. Can someone tell me if Solomon's Key is any good? Never got around to playing it, and it looks decent.[/QUOTE]

I got it. It's really difficult, though. Rooms 1-3 are simple, but room 4? Man...

80 levels for solomons key I'm guessing? Or did you (hopefully) mean Bomberman? I'd like to know how worthwhile the Bomberman Single player is...if its worth the cash.

[quote name='Layd Dly']i grabbed sm64 last night. i played it when it came out and beat it. but its nice for a nostalgic feeling. i dont expec tit to play like a new game. although tthe camera irratates me as much now as it did then lol. sitll a very good game though.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, me and the kids are playing this more than any other Wii game right now. The camera is a controller-chucking level of frustrating though. I played through most of the DS version a while back - didn't they fix this in there? It seems I had a much easier time getting stars despite the wonky DS control. It would have been nice to have added a free moving camera to this version, but I know they aren't into changing things at all. Oh well...

The controls are also all floaty and wierd - not nearly as tight as Super Mario Sunshine (eg, you simply turn one direction and Mario moves a few steps by himself nearly falling off of stuff all the time). When I played this on my PC using some Logitech dual-action controller it seemed to control better, actually. I figured the official Nintendo version would have the best control though - guess I was wrong. I can't believe so many people think this is the best game ever, and put down Sunshine in comparison :lol:. I'd take SMS any day of the year. Having said that, it is still a fun game! And so far, the only thing I've downloaded.

[quote name='io']Yeah, me and the kids are playing this more than any other Wii game right now. The camera is a controller-chucking level of frustrating though. I played through most of the DS version a while back - didn't they fix this in there? It seems I had a much easier time getting stars despite the wonky DS control. It would have been nice to have added a free moving camera to this version, but I know they aren't into changing things at all. Oh well...

The controls are also all floaty and wierd - not nearly as tight as Super Mario Sunshine (eg, you simply turn one direction and Mario moves a few steps by himself nearly falling off of stuff all the time). When I played this on my PC using some Logitech dual-action controller it seemed to control better, actually. I figured the official Nintendo version would have the best control though - guess I was wrong. I can't believe so many people think this is the best game ever, and put down Sunshine in comparison :lol:. I'd take SMS any day of the year. Having said that, it is still a fun game! And so far, the only thing I've downloaded.[/quote]

yeah i couldnt agree more. i think i might actually go out and pick up mario sunshine agian just to replay it. when i played through the first time it was a freinds copy. but i enjoyed it. and now its back to being $20.

How dare ye put Super Mario 64 and Super Mario Sunshine in the same post, much less on the same forum! on the same internet?!

Ye shall pay for such heresy

[quote name='io']Yeah, me and the kids are playing this more than any other Wii game right now. The camera is a controller-chucking level of frustrating though. I played through most of the DS version a while back - didn't they fix this in there? It seems I had a much easier time getting stars despite the wonky DS control. It would have been nice to have added a free moving camera to this version, but I know they aren't into changing things at all. Oh well...

The controls are also all floaty and wierd - not nearly as tight as Super Mario Sunshine (eg, you simply turn one direction and Mario moves a few steps by himself nearly falling off of stuff all the time). When I played this on my PC using some Logitech dual-action controller it seemed to control better, actually. I figured the official Nintendo version would have the best control though - guess I was wrong. I can't believe so many people think this is the best game ever, and put down Sunshine in comparison :lol:. I'd take SMS any day of the year. Having said that, it is still a fun game! And so far, the only thing I've downloaded.[/QUOTE]

I agree on all counts io. This is splitting time with Zelda: TP for me. It's definately a lot easier to pick up for a 10-20 minute block of free time rather than the marathon Zelda sessions I have. Probably the best game I've ever bought for $10.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back