MODS PLEASE LOCK - The Wii VC Games - Volume 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
[quote name='botticus']Gaia, released in the same year, was a reasonable $40. I guess Square was a little greedy back then.[/quote]

yeah, the 40 dollar one is the one I liked least. son of a bitch square! :[

[quote name='tiredfornow']yeah, the 40 dollar one is the one I liked least. son of a bitch square! :[[/quote]

I guess paying 60 bucks for a X360 game IS reasonable compared to what a freakin' SNES game was. I paid 50 for shining force 2 also, but that was at best buy.

I saw an old ad in a comic book for Sonic 3, and it was either $70 or $80 at TRU... I remember being pretty shocked at that price.

So, back on topic and all, the only guarenteed games that we have for this coming monday were the 3 Sega ones correct?

So who else thinks that nintendo will be lazy and just allow those three to be it? Don't get me wrong, I hope that we're getting an awesome AAA game, but we've gotten too much crap lately.

I paid 69.99 for Star Wars: Shadows of the Empire at Media Play when I was younger. I remember the days of N64 pricing...:cry:

I would never pay that now

[quote name='sonderiaom']So, back on topic and all, the only guarenteed games that we have for this coming monday were the 3 Sega ones correct?

So who else thinks that nintendo will be lazy and just allow those three to be it? Don't get me wrong, I hope that we're getting an awesome AAA game, but we've gotten too much crap lately.[/QUOTE]
Ya, I wouldn't count on any other games. 3 seems to be their lucky number lately. I'm not even going to attempt to have any faith for an AA or AAA title to come out.

[quote name='tayaf69']
Ya, I wouldn't count on any other games. 3 seems to be their lucky number lately. I'm not even going to attempt to have any faith for an AA or AAA title to come out.[/QUOTE]

The 29th, Streets of Rage should be out...hopefully.

I'm hoping Feb. Nintendo is going to hit us with the big VC titles simply because the only game we're getting is seemingly Wii Play. I hope they start Feb. off right with SMW and LttP.

[quote name='Roufuss']The 29th, Streets of Rage should be out...hopefully.

I'm hoping Feb. Nintendo is going to hit us with the big VC titles simply because the only game we're getting is seemingly Wii Play. I hope they start Feb. off right with SMW and LttP.[/quote]I agree, lets get all the SNES games I own on GBA out already so when a AAA title comes out after march I will download it :lol:, instead of getting pissed off and dowloading other games (I bought Soldier Blade and Sim City so far on impulse, we need games I acutally plan to download).

So far I've got:

Super Mario Bros
Legend of Zelda
Super Castlevania IV

Tonight I'm downloading:

R-Type
And either R-Type 3 or Gunstar Heroes

[quote name='Sir_Fragalot']Looks like Europe is getting Contra 3 tomorrow and we are getting 3 games on a $20 collection fuck you Nintendo of America.[/QUOTE]

If anything, this time we should be laying the blame at Sega's doorstep for giving us three shitty games that are available elsewhere to begin with.

I downloaded gunstar heroes because everyone said it was amazing, but I really didn't like it. I wasn't impressed with the graphics compared to contra 3 and I stopped playing after the 2nd level. I guess I'm in the minority.

[quote name='tayaf69']I downloaded gunstar heroes because everyone said it was amazing, but I really didn't like it. I wasn't impressed with the graphics compared to contra 3 and I stopped playing after the 2nd level. I guess I'm in the minority.[/quote]

I've played it for a few minutes after downloading it but so far it doesn't impress me either. Too many things going on at once and those "mini-games" (or whatever they were) just confused me, so I got out of the game and did something else...but then again, I'll play it a little longer before judging it...

[quote name='angrywolf']I've played it for a few minutes after downloading it but so far it doesn't impress me either. Too many things going on at once and those "mini-games" (or whatever they were) just confused me, so I got out of the game and did something else...but then again, I'll play it a little longer before judging it...[/quote]

Gunstar Heroes is ten times as fun when played with two people. The best part is that you can throw one another around, doing massive damage by hurling your buddy at the enemies.

[quote name='angrywolf']I've played it for a few minutes after downloading it but so far it doesn't impress me either. Too many things going on at once and those "mini-games" (or whatever they were) just confused me, so I got out of the game and did something else...but then again, I'll play it a little longer before judging it...[/QUOTE]

"Too many things going on" is one of the game's strengths; there's so much action going on at times, it's a wonder the Genesis could do that.

[quote name='Blind the Thief']"Too many things going on" is one of the game's strengths; there's so much action going on at times, it's a wonder the Genesis could do that.[/quote]Yeah but I can see people's point for hateing it because it is mostly shooting, but the action is really intense which some people might not like. You either love the game or you hate it, it is simple as that because it is well done, there isn't no average here.

I enjoy intense action (I love the contra series and metal slug), but maybe it's the graphics which seemed a bit cartoony and not as detailed as the others. I'll try it again when I get home from college this weekend and try to get through the majority of the game without making any more assumptions.

I only have Bomberman '93 and Super Castlevania IV, I think I'm going to go ahead and buy Gunstar Heroes... it's not like we're getting anything good this Monday anyway.

So is there any way to continue in Super Mario Bros.? I lost all my lives in the fifth world, and it kicked me back to the title screen (which takes me back to 1-1).

I have, of course, played the original NES version, but have I been spoiled by all the subsequent releases? Will this actually be a challenge to get through now?

[quote name='AHEADAMUS']So is there any way to continue in Super Mario Bros.? I lost all my lives in the fifth world, and it kicked me back to the title screen (which takes me back to 1-1).

I have, of course, played the original NES version, but have I been spoiled by all the subsequent releases? Will this actually be a challenge to get through now?[/QUOTE]
Yep every game on the VC is a perfect emulation of the original, so no saving here, except for the suspended game thing but thats not a really a save.

[quote name='yukine']Bleh, Europe/Australia got Contra III today. Why them!? They call it Probotector for christ sake![/quote]Have pity. They also got Xevious before us.

[quote name='AHEADAMUS']So is there any way to continue in Super Mario Bros.? I lost all my lives in the fifth world, and it kicked me back to the title screen (which takes me back to 1-1).

I have, of course, played the original NES version, but have I been spoiled by all the subsequent releases? Will this actually be a challenge to get through now?[/QUOTE]

Hold A (1) and press start on the title screen and you start at the beginning of the world you died in.

Just like the original ;)

[quote name='Roufuss']Hold A (1) and press start on the title screen and you start at the beginning of the world you died in.

Just like the original ;)[/quote]

Holy shit! I never knew that trick existed. I could do the minus worlds, mini fire mario, all that crazy stuff and I never knew about this? That is too funny.

[quote name='Roufuss']Hold A (1) and press start on the title screen and you start at the beginning of the world you died in.

Just like the original ;)[/QUOTE]

That's awesome. I never knew you could do that. I vividly remember my brother being on Level 8 with 1 life left. We were like 6 and 8 at the time, so this was the biggest thing that ever happened to us. Both of us were on the edge of our seats praying that he woudn't die. If we would have known this it wouldn't have been such a big deal.

[quote name='lebowsky']Holy shit! I never knew that trick existed. I could do the minus worlds, mini fire mario, all that crazy stuff and I never knew about this? That is too funny.[/QUOTE]
I can't get the minus world to work in the wii. :cry:

Just like the original ;)[/QUOTE]

Thanks!!! (Sir_Fragalot too)

I think I'm going to fight the urge to use it the first time, so I can say I beat it without continuing. It'll be nice to be able to continue later, though, just for casual fun.

Word is that Zelda LttP is slated for Monday, along with those three Genesis titles we've already heard about. *Finally,* something worth spending my points on.

[quote name='Kirin Lemon']Word is that Zelda LttP is slated for Monday, along with those three Genesis titles we've already heard about. *Finally,* something worth spending my points on.[/quote]Where's that word from?

[quote name='botticus']Where's that word from?[/QUOTE]

Ditto.

I'd be REALLY surprised if Nintendo upstages Sega like this... that dosen't seem like something they'd do.

Nobody will pay attention to the Genesis titles at all if LttP drops with them.

I still got a feeling, even if it's true, this will be next Monday and not this coming up Monday, because wow, Zelda will make those Sega games look even shittier than they already are ;)

i would love for lttp to come out monday (although i highly doubt it will) as its my favorite of the zelda series, and one of my favorite games of all time.

[quote name='Roufuss']I still got a feeling, even if it's true, this will be next Monday and not this coming up Monday, because wow, Zelda will make those Sega games look even shittier than they already are ;)[/QUOTE]
Atleast next week Streets of Rage can do something because of it's name, these games this week would be dominated by Zelda.

Nintendo has to do something, though. It's kind of pathetic if your ex-competitor (Sega) is providing your fans with a better overall selection of VC games.

[quote name='gunm']I already have the GBA version of Lttp--is there any reason to get the VC version?[/QUOTE]
You can play it on your tv, thats it. So no you don't need it.

[quote name='gunm']I already have the GBA version of Lttp--is there any reason to get the VC version?[/quote]

not really, unless youre absolutely thrilled about playing snes games in 480p or whatever.
personally, Im going to buy this, I like the classic controller a lot, and having a whole bunch of different games on the Wii is just cool.

[quote name='tiredfornow']not really, unless youre absolutely thrilled about playing snes games in 480p or whatever.
[/QUOTE]

I aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaam!!!

I will do some serious air humping if LttP comes out on Monday.

[quote name='mykevermin']I'll believe it when I see it.[/quote]Same here, I don't think they will release 4 games at once, one of them being ALTTP. I mean it's not like I don't want there to be good games but this is Nintendo of America we are talking about here, and if it does come out on monday I will restart ALTTP on my DS (sorry but I am not downloading it when I already own a portable version).

[quote name='Sir_Fragalot']Same here, I don't think they will release 4 games at once, one of them being ALTTP. I mean it's not like I don't want there to be good games but this is Nintendo of America we are talking about here, and if it does come out on monday I will restart ALTTP on my DS (sorry but I am not downloading it when I already own a portable version).[/quote]

Im an idiot, I have the SNES one, GBA one, and I WILL buy the Wii one. :/

[quote name='tiredfornow']Im an idiot, I have the SNES one, GBA one, and I WILL buy the Wii one. :/[/quote]No you are not an idiot, to play ALTTP you would either have to bring out the SNES or play on a small screen. I see perfect reason for downloading this one although I wont be.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back