MODS PLEASE LOCK - The Wii VC Games - Volume 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
LTTP is nice. But eh, I was done with that game more than a decade ago.

I want a remake of that game in 3D. That would make me cry.

[quote name='yukine']I have the SNES cart, but it's a pain to hook up the SNES.

Besides, I don't think it would even be able to hold saves anymore?[/quote]

My original gold copy of Zelda 1 for NES still saves fine, let alone my SNES game, so I don't think this is that big of a problem. The only game I've ever had with a dead battery was a copy of Shining Force 2 for Genesis, and even then I still managed to change the battery and get it working again.

[quote name='spmahn']My original gold copy of Zelda 1 for NES still saves fine, let alone my SNES game, so I don't think this is that big of a problem. The only game I've ever had with a dead battery was a copy of Shining Force 2 for Genesis, and even then I still managed to change the battery and get it working again.[/quote]

Interesting, my copy of Super Mario World won't hold saves anymore. I'll have to test it next time I have the SNES hooked up.

[quote name='yukine']Interesting, my copy of Super Mario World won't hold saves anymore. I'll have to test it next time I have the SNES hooked up.[/quote]

more of a reason to love the VC, NEVER LOSE YOUR SAVESSSSSS.

[quote name='tiredfornow']I remember paying 69.99 at TRU for super mario rpg when it came out, fuck ED up :[[/QUOTE]

I canceled my preorder of Panzer Dragoon Saga for Saturn right before it came out :cry:

So we're getting ATTP and 3 sega games already on Sega Genesis Collection? Fine by me, I only have $10 and was saving it for Mon, now I'll just Dload Gunstar Heroes or CVIV.

[quote name='tiredfornow']more of a reason to love the VC, NEVER LOSE YOUR SAVESSSSSS.[/QUOTE]

Not true, everything dies, so it's just a matter of time until the flash mem gives out on the Wii and / or flash cards. The question is, how long till then?

[quote name='-Never4ever-']So we're getting ATTP and 3 sega games already on Sega Genesis Collection? Fine by me, I only have $10 and was saving it for Mon, now I'll just Dload Gunstar Heroes or CVIV.[/QUOTE]
Streets is not on the SG Collection -- hence, I'll probably be downloading it.

[quote name='chodax']I think we are going to get Super Mario 3, Mario Kart 64, and Pilotwings 64 tomorrow :)[/QUOTE]

I will kill you if you are lying.

Pilotwings 64 is will make me cave without question.

[quote name='chodax']I think we are going to get Super Mario 3, Mario Kart 64, and Pilotwings 64 tomorrow :)[/QUOTE]

Yeah, right. Nintendo has only really given us Zelda and Super Mario...thats it. Everything else has been pretty boring. I would KILL for Mario 3 or Mario World.

Bah... don't expect LttP until the 29th, if that.

I have a hard time believing Nintendo will release LttP which makes those three Sega games for 22nd even WORSE of a deal. It's bad enough that those three games are more expensive than the compliation disc, but to release LttP with them just shows how bad those three games are in comparision (I kinda like Comix Zone, too).

No one will buy the Sega junk, everyone will buy LttP, and Sega will start thinking twice about releasing VC games. It won't happen.

Tomorrow will be shitty Sega VC day, maybe on the 29th will be awesome LttP day. Anyone who spends any sort of VC points on these if they own a PS2 / Xbox should be kicked square in the nuts.

[quote name='ViolentLee']Streets is not on the SG Collection -- hence, I'll probably be downloading it.[/QUOTE]

Streets of Rage 1? If it is, then i'm still passing, SOR 2 & 3 were infinitly better.

For those that have played both versions, what's the difference between the original Link to the Past for the SNES and the GBA version? I have the GBA version (haven't played it yet) but I'd be willing to ditch it just so I can play it on my 50" HDTV if there aren't any major differences.

[quote name='-Never4ever-']Streets of Rage 1? If it is, then i'm still passing, SOR 2 & 3 were infinitly better.[/quote]True, but if they release 2 or 3 they will miss getting cash for the first game.

[quote name='angrywolf'] For those that have played both versions, what's the difference between the original Link to the Past for the SNES and the GBA version? I have the GBA version (haven't played it yet) but I'd be willing to ditch it just so I can play it on my 50" HDTV if there aren't any major differences.[/quote] You get 4 player multiplayer on the GBA one, the main game has no differences so if you want 4 player, then maybe you should keep it (think about it long and hard because that 50 inch screen...). Otherwise download it in 480P and enjoy it on that nice 50 inch screen.

I finally beat Gunstar Heroes with my cousin and have to say that it was much more enjoyable than I originally stated.

That said, I was an idiot and downloaded R-Type 3 for the SNES. I feel that I wasted $8.00. I was wanting a fun 2 player mode you have to take turns! Also, the graphics were too dark from what I remembered. Oh well, I need to save my money for an AAA game.

I've actually noticed a lot of titles (Super Mario Bros. in particular) being far less colorful than I remember on the NES. Anyone else as well?

[quote name='daroga']I've actually noticed a lot of titles (Super Mario Bros. in particular) being far less colorful than I remember on the NES. Anyone else as well?[/quote]

Personally, I'd have to disagree. I think games like SMB look sharper and more colorful than I ever remember. Everything is super sharp, colorful, and bright on my 52" HDTV w/ the component cables.

[quote name='maccabee72']Personally, I'd have to disagree. I think games like SMB look sharper and more colorful than I ever remember. Everything is super sharp, colorful, and bright on my 52" HDTV w/ the component cables.[/quote]What kind of HDTV do you have? I think I noticed a difference between my Dad's Projection HDTV vs. my LCD TV.

[quote name='daroga']What kind of HDTV do you have? I think I noticed a difference between my Dad's Projection HDTV vs. my LCD TV.[/quote]

It's actually not that great of an HDTV..one of RCA's lower end models. I may be a bit biased though as all of my NES gaming days were on an old 13" RCA:D . I stilll have a SNES though and (hate to admit it) do my share of Emulation gaming on my PC. I'm just really drawn in though by the retro gaming on the VC as it just seems to look so good on that bigass TV....

[quote name='Sir_Fragalot']You get 4 player multiplayer on the GBA one, the main game has no differences so if you want 4 player, then maybe you should keep it (think about it long and hard because that 50 inch screen...). Otherwise download it in 480P and enjoy it on that nice 50 inch screen.[/quote] Nice, I've never cared for multiplayer or online gameplay, so I'm on my way to eBay so I can get rid of my GBA copy...even if we don't get the VC version soon I'll still wait as I have other games I need to play anyway...

[quote name='maccabee72']Personally, I'd have to disagree. I think games like SMB look sharper and more colorful than I ever remember. Everything is super sharp, colorful, and bright on my 52" HDTV w/ the component cables.[/quote] This is exactly what I see on my 50" HDTV using component cables.

But then again I played the original SMB on someone else's black and white TV...family was too poor to afford even a TV in those days, much less a game console...don't ask...:lol:

[quote name='daroga']I've actually noticed a lot of titles (Super Mario Bros. in particular) being far less colorful than I remember on the NES. Anyone else as well?[/quote]

that's crazy talk, I have a samsung 30in. hdtv, and the games look 1,000,000 times more brighter and colorful... and sharper w/ the component cables.

[quote name='tiredfornow']that's crazy talk, I have a samsung 30in. hdtv, and the games look 1,000,000 times more brighter and colorful... and sharper w/ the component cables.[/quote]hmmm... alright. Maybe some of my TV's color settings are goofy. Gonna have to look into this further.

Dang it, I never actually beat LttP on the GBA, and having the real SNES version would be nice (I like the NES/SNES rereleases on the GBA mostly, but gosh I hate most of the added sound effects. Mario: SHUT. UP.)

And I take back what I said about things being dingy. A few quick tweaks to the TV and everything brightened up. Kinda wish I had done that before I played TP. ;)

[quote name='daroga']Dang it, I never actually beat LttP on the GBA, and having the real SNES version would be nice (I like the NES/SNES rereleases on the GBA mostly, but gosh I hate most of the added sound effects. Mario: SHUT. UP.)

And I take back what I said about things being dingy. A few quick tweaks to the TV and everything brightened up. Kinda wish I had done that before I played TP. ;)[/quote]I've never beat it on anything... just bought the SNES cart a year ago, haven't gotten around to it yet. And now it's on eBay.

[quote name='maccabee72']Personally, I'd have to disagree. I think games like SMB look sharper and more colorful than I ever remember. Everything is super sharp, colorful, and bright on my 52" HDTV w/ the component cables.[/QUOTE]

Same... I noticed a HUGE difference in the colors and sharpness on my LCD HDTV (Samsung 21") with the component cables.

[quote name='botticus']Well, Nintendo Power says LttP and DKC are coming out in January. So that leaves this week or next week. Could be a pretty sweet January 29 if Streets of Rage, Lttp, and DKC are out.

http://gonintendo.com/?p=11983[/QUOTE]

According to that article, and those scans, the staff also looks at Super Mario World and Streets of Rage... that is definite proof they are coming and soon. If not the 29th, DEFINITELY in Feb.

http://img214.imageshack.us/img214/5130/page405os.gif

FINALLY!!!

BTW, the article has NO dates, I don't know where you saw NP said they were coming in Jan? The scan for Page 39 won't load but people are saying none of these games have dates, but just the fact NP has them in the magazine means they will be coming in Jan / Feb.

The rumor is now that NP should be releasing SMW, DKC, LttP, and Streets of Rage before the issue hits newstands... why hype up what isn't available?

SMW, DKC, LttP, SoR...

$32.00 (+tax) gone from my pockets. THat is 3 games on my AAA list that will be marked off! can't wait.

[quote name='Roufuss']According to that article, and those scans, the staff also looks at Super Mario World and Streets of Rage... that is definite proof they are coming and soon. If not the 29th, DEFINITELY in Feb.

http://img214.imageshack.us/img214/5130/page405os.gif

FINALLY!!!

BTW, the article has NO dates, I don't know where you saw NP said they were coming in Jan? The scan for Page 39 won't load but people are saying none of these games have dates, but just the fact NP has them in the magazine means they will be coming in Jan / Feb.

The rumor is now that NP should be releasing SMW, DKC, LttP, and Streets of Rage before the issue hits newstands... why hype up what isn't available?[/quote] fuck fuckfuck:pray::pray::pray: Streets of Rage and DKC in the same Week fuckfuckfuck. Sorry but wow two games I am download guranteed, man I need some more points now, sim city took up my DKC points (I had 1800 and I wasted 800 on sim city because well I thought there would be crap).

[quote name='Sir_Fragalot']fuck fuckfuck:pray::pray::pray: Streets of Rage and DKC in the same Week fuckfuckfuck. Sorry but wow two games I am download guranteed, man I need some more points now, sim city took up my DKC points (I had 1800 and I wasted 800 on sim city because well I thought there would be crap).[/QUOTE]

Well... it's not confirmed it'll be on the same week. People are just speculating Nintendo is going to release the games in the NP issue soon, because when the issue hits newstands people will buy it and go "wtf? Donkey Kong Country isn't on the VC... this is stupid". Espicially since that article makes it sound like I can turn on my Wii RIGHT NOW and play those games.

If Nintendo was smart, they'd scrap Sega's shitty games for tomorrow and dump them in Feb. or something, and go ahead and throw us some awesome games tomorrow. Nobody wants to fucking play Bonanza Bros anyways... and not for $8.

But here's my prediction again for tomorrow, just like last week:

Those same three shitty Sega games.
And a 5% chance we're getting LttP.

Just don't get your hopes up.

[quote name='Roufuss']Well... it's not confirmed it'll be on the same week. People are just speculating Nintendo is going to release the games in the NP issue soon, because when the issue hits newstands people will buy it and go "wtf? Donkey Kong Country isn't on the VC... this is stupid". Espicially since that article makes it sound like I can turn on my Wii RIGHT NOW and play those games.

If Nintendo was smart, they'd scrap Sega's shitty games for tomorrow and dump them in Feb. or something, and go ahead and throw us some awesome games tomorrow. Nobody wants to fucking play Bonanza Bros anyways... and not for $8.

But here's my prediction again for tomorrow, just like last week:

Those same three shitty Sega games.
And a 5% chance we're getting LttP.

Just don't get your hopes up.[/quote]
I don't think Nintendo can scrap Sega's shit, they have to release them (because it is on sega's site). Although now that I look at it why wouldn't they release ALTTP this week, I mean hell they have 4 weeks to Sonic comes out (not counting the Wii play release or the monday before Sonic), they have to do something so people will atleast keep up buying crap and Reggie DID say Super Mario World would be there at launch so it has to come out soon...

I realize it makes "business sense," but I really freakin' hate how Nintendo is spacing everything out. Many of these first-party in January rumors might be coming from IGN, whose release schedule for the Wii has many VC titles listed as either "January 2007" or "January 2006" by default. It looks as though it'll be the 3 Segas tomorrow and LttP--at best--on the 29th.

If I don't get to tool around with SMW on the Classic controller soon--and I mean SOON--I will go to Reggie's house and eat his children. Assuming he has any. Otherwise I will raid his fridge, eat all his good leftovers, and leave a ton of unrinsed dishes in his sink. That's how I roll, Reg.

If I wake up and LttP and DKC are on the VC, fuck it, no class for me tomorrow.

I'm thinkin' three sega games tomorrow then LttP and DKC next week as well.

[quote name='Scorch']If I wake up and LttP and DKC are on the VC, fuck it, no class for me tomorrow.

I'm thinkin' three sega games tomorrow then LttP and DKC next week as well.[/quote]For me I have a class at 12 so the good thing is I come back from class and well... I do have one at 2 so I would miss only one class.

[quote name='Sir_Fragalot']I don't think Nintendo can scrap Sega's shit, they have to release them (because it is on sega's site). Although now that I look at it why wouldn't they release ALTTP this week, I mean hell they have 4 weeks to Sonic comes out (not counting the Wii play release or the monday before Sonic), they have to do something so people will atleast keep up buying crap and Reggie DID say Super Mario World would be there at launch so it has to come out soon...[/QUOTE]

Well, don't scrap the Sega games, just... I don't know, either a) don't release that shit all at once so that's ALL we get, is three mediocre games available much cheaper elsewhere or b) throw us a bunch of awesome AAA games first so that if you do want to releast a Monday full of garbage, nobody cares because they are already happy.

Imagine a Monday where its SMW, LttP, DKC, and Streets of Rage... how fucking badass would that be? It'll never happen, but it would still be awesome.

They have a lot to give, but the VC market is limited since nobody is making new games for it. a year from now, they'll be able to proclaim "Over 100 games available for download!" or something, which will get more people to buy the systems. a new adoptee will be impressed with the huge selection and not care so much about the updates.

I guess my point is, we are going to have a lot of long stretches of crap trickled out to us at a torturous rate.

[quote name='Apossum']They have a lot to give, but the VC market is limited since nobody is making new games for it. a year from now, they'll be able to proclaim "Over 100 games available for download!" or something, which will get more people to buy the systems. a new adoptee will be impressed with the huge selection and not care so much about the updates.

I guess my point is, we are going to have a lot of long stretches of crap trickled out to us at a torturous rate.[/QUOTE]

People are making new games for it... two games that are original games just got submitted to the ESRB to be rated. I forget what they are called.

You know, I'm even thinking that releasing these Sega games on the 22nd was even more of a ridiculous fuck up... every major retail store got in Wii's today, so there are ALOT of new Wii owners, and alot of people who, if you drop something new and awesome and AAA on the VC, will eat that shit up JUST BECAUSE!

Imagine getting your Wii and your very first VC Monday is garbage. This is why I'm still holding out a little hope for LttP.

id be set for a while with super mario world and streets of rage, although I think id prefer streets of rage 2 just because of skate :rofl:

[quote name='Roufuss']
Imagine getting your Wii and your very first VC Monday is garbage. This is why I'm still holding out a little hope for LttP.[/QUOTE]

Imagine? I've had my Wii since launch and the past 7 or 8 Mondays have been garbage.

[quote name='Roufuss']Imagine a Monday where its SMW, LttP, DKC, and Streets of Rage... how fucking badass would that be? It'll never happen, but it would still be awesome.[/QUOTE]

Why set your sights so high when the past few weeks have been marginally exciting at best?

[quote name='lilboo']Imagine? I've had my Wii since launch and the past 7 or 8 Mondays have been garbage.[/QUOTE]

The whole VC thing is very subjective. I've purchased three games since launch (F-Zero, Bomberman, and Gunstar Heroes.)

If you compare that to the 360, I haven't bought anything on that since Doom came out. I'm sure there are some good games out there, but none of them interest me.

That doesn't mean that either lineup is bad... just that it isn't the lineup for me yet.

We'll see plenty of good games on both in due time.

saw this on Wiki dont know how correct it is though

Bonanza Bros. U.S. Gold/Synergy January 22, 2007 E
Comix Zone Sega Technical Institute January 22, 2007 E
Gain Ground Sega January 22, 2007 E

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back