MODS PLEASE LOCK - The Wii VC Games - Volume 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
[quote name='psunami']MarioKart 64 next week.

From Starpulse.com via Evilavatar.com

Just to let people know, this info is on press.nintendo.com as well right now.

Well, with Zelda this week, there goes 1800 points for me.[/quote]

hey, fuck you for making me spend 10 more bucks.. just kidding. :D

Finally got sick of Best Buy's shit availablility. Click below to enter your zip code to look for points cards:

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage.jsp?id=pcat17006&type=page&sourceId=1161734750257&sourceType=product&skuId=8054428&productId=1161734750257&itemId=984454

Mine actually has some, I am there tonight.

Sweet, they have Classic controllers too, there go two GGCs and gift cards!

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage.jsp?id=pcat17006&type=page&sourceId=1161734750257&sourceType=product&skuId=8054507&productId=1161734750257&itemId=984454

[quote name='psunami']MarioKart 64 next week.

From Starpulse.com via Evilavatar.com

Just to let people know, this info is on press.nintendo.com as well right now.

Well, with Zelda this week, there goes 1800 points for me.[/quote]

:drool:

This is the VC title I've been looking forward to the most. Time for some all night battle mode sessions again!

I'm very happy about MK64 and all, but I just hope Nintendo doesn't release too many first-party games all at once. I'd prefer they trickle them out over time and give the third-party games time to shine.

Once Kirby's Adventure and Super Mario RPG are released, I'll be set for a good while as far as first-party games go.

[quote name='foltzie']For SMW, $8 is a bit much since it was packed in with almost every SNES sold. Of course, the benefit is 480p, ease of use, one system for your TV, ect...

I doubt I'll buy it but so far there are some VC steals in the Wii Shop channel.[/QUOTE]
I'll pay the $8 even though I think it's high because I'm starved for VC titles that I will actually replay. I will play the dick out of this game.

However, it sounds like maybe SMW isn't going to happen with MK64 being announced. So much for the secret method of predicting releases through strange weblinks that only open in IE...

[quote name='Purple Flames']I'm very happy about MK64 and all, but I just hope Nintendo doesn't release too many first-party games all at once. I'd prefer they trickle them out over time and give the third-party games time to shine.

Once Kirby's Adventure and Super Mario RPG are released, I'll be set for a good while as far as first-party games go.[/quote]This is where the subjectivity of the VC quality comes in. You can now fight it out with the other people who want them to release an AAA title (most of which are first-party) every other day.

MK64 would be a no brainer if the VC had online play added in.

As is I can't see shelling out the $10 when the superior (IMO) DS version is already in my collection and online enabled.

fuck you Nintendo when you release crap, you release crap every week. When you release something good, you release something I played to death or already own and not something I never played before (and that is every other SNES game except SMW and ALTTP, every Kirby Game, Kid Icarus, so there is alot of titles they could release), but no lets release Mario Kart 64 (I probably will end up buying it because that game ruled but still I want to play something new), and then the next month we can release shumps and other garbage.

[quote name='Sir_Fragalot']fuck you Nintendo when you release crap, you release crap every week. When you release something good, you release something I played to death or already own and not something I never played before (and that is every other SNES game except SMW and ALTTP, every Kirby Game, Kid Icarus, so there is alot of titles they could release), but no lets release Mario Kart 64 (I probably will end up buying it because that game ruled but still I want to play something new), and then the next month we can release shumps and other garbage.[/QUOTE]
So you're mad that Nintendo isn't releasing exactly what YOU want?

[quote name='anomynous']So you're mad that Nintendo isn't releasing exactly what YOU want?[/quote] Keep in mind that was 5 second after reading that, and yeah I am not mad that I am not getting what I want I am well kinda pissed that Nintendo will hold this against us and not release anything good for a month probably so the wait for another good game continues (Not that I don't think Nintneo should release everything at once but if they go back to the crap they have been doing, I will be dissapointed). I think it just is I am looking for a new game to play on my Wii but the pickings are slim. If this was in march when there were new games coming up I would care less but right now I have Wii sports and Zelda and a few VC games and well I want something new...

[quote name='yukine']Hopefully EA works with Nintendo to get some of their older games on the Wii Virtual Console.

I want Mutant League, damnit.[/quote]

DUDE! I was thinking about those games too, I'd always play MLF with my neighbor and shattering your opponent when you tackled them was the shit, hahah.

ill pick up mario kart, and it doesnt seem likely about super mario world with that announcement. also, i would love to see mutant league football released on the wii, man i loved that game.

[quote name='yukine']Hopefully EA works with Nintendo to get some of their older games on the Wii Virtual Console.

I want Mutant League, damnit.[/QUOTE]

I've seen Beetle Adventure Racing listed on several VC release lists (ESRB rated stuff), and if that's true, then EA has an agreement on the VC. No reason MLF wouldn't be released if that's the case.

RD

[quote name='dmaul1114']MK64 would be a no brainer if the VC had online play added in.

As is I can't see shelling out the $10 when the superior (IMO) DS version is already in my collection and online enabled.[/QUOTE]

I have Mario Kart DS and as far as I'm concerned it does not support online play, due to not supporting WPA. Sucks.

WrestleCrap'sRD;2600756 said:
I've seen Beetle Adventure Racing listed on several VC release lists (ESRB rated stuff), and if that's true, then EA has an agreement on the VC. No reason MLF wouldn't be released if that's the case.

RD
I am sure EA will join, hell I am sure they love the idea of relreasing some classic madden games for more $$$. Maybe even MLF (if they decide to put another football game on the VC besides madden), I would hope so.

[quote name='The Crotch']That was one of my top 3 Genesis games (along with General Chaose and Phantasy Star IV). I loved the coaches - especially the Mr. T lookalike and the Trolls (who constantly refer to the "Billy Goat incident"). Any game that includes landmines, rocket-assisted running backs, and the possibility of getting sucked into deep space is fine by me.[/quote]

fuck yeah, and falling into firey pits.. they put this game on EA Replay, if they're releasing beetle racing adventure, ain't no doubt they're gonna throw it up on VC on boring monday.

[quote name='botticus']Finally got sick of Best Buy's shit availablility. Click below to enter your zip code to look for points cards:

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage.jsp?id=pcat17006&type=page&sourceId=1161734750257&sourceType=product&skuId=8054428&productId=1161734750257&itemId=984454

Mine actually has some, I am there tonight.

Sweet, they have Classic controllers too, there go two GGCs and gift cards!
[/QUOTE]

Gamecrazy had just become my favorite store for the time being. Last night I was out late and hit up an EB right before they closed. Not only did they not have the GBA player the site said they had (they sold it that morning), they didn't have any Wii Points cards (and said they haven't for over 3 weeks). They DID have a Classic Controller, but I already gots one of those.

After eating a quick dinner I had about 5 minutes left before close to hit up Gamecrazy. I figured they wouldn't have anything as I didn't see any cards there the day before but figured I'd give it a shot. When I walked in I saw nothing - but I asked the guy and he winked and said he had one. Bought it, went home and downloaded LttP. And I have enough left over for MK 64 now, sweet...

This is truly a wierd store, though - not only did they hide the Wii Points card(s), but last time I was there I was looking to buy used DS games and they had 2/3 of them hidden in a basket under the counter. WTF? Oh well, at least I'm apparently a good enough customer to get shown the secret stashes. :rofl:

(And before someone tells me I can just buy points online, note that I had credit to burn at both places, so the card ended up being free, or only about $8 if you consider the cost of the trade-in fodder I used to get the credit. $3 for LttP and $4 for Mario Kart 64 is a much better price ;)).

As I said in the other thread...I love Mario Kart 64 to death, but for me it was all about the multiplayer, and everyone I know would rather whip out their Des and play that one. Ah, well, I'll pass, but it's still an awsome game.

My kids love getting these games to download. And it's pretty damn cute to hear my 4 year-old ask me what we "downloaded" today. So they will be pretty stoked about MK 64. Personally I don't like the DS version too much because of the lack of analog control. I've only played it a few times, actually. MK 64 and Super Mario 64 (along with Beetle Adventure Racing for some reason) were the games we played in emulation before deciding to buy the GC 3 years ago (to see if the kids would like these sorts of things), so it has a bit of nostalgia factor for us, but in a wierd sort of way. Plus I can finally legally own it ;).

There are several other N64 games we've never played and they will be even more excited for those (Starfox, Paper Mario, the old Mario Party's, etc). I do hope they spread these out (as I'm sure they will) with the AAA titles every few weeks - it really adds some variety to the Wii experience.

We played a couple hours of LttP tonight and I'm stuck :cry:.

Oh Good Lord.

My Wii Points Card from Buy.com's $20 off $50... which I ordered on November 25th. Just shipped out today.

SNES Zelda + N64 Mario Kart = Spent

I bought my first batch of Wii points (1000), and just bought my first VC game, which is.............Bonk's Adventure. I know, not exciting, but I just started the 4th level and playing this game brings back good memories of when I played my TG-16. When Bonk's Revenge is released, I'm buying it the day it comes out.

[quote name='The Crotch']That was one of my top 3 Genesis games (along with General Chaose and Phantasy Star IV). I loved the coaches - especially the Mr. T lookalike and the Trolls (who constantly refer to the "Billy Goat incident"). Any game that includes landmines, rocket-assisted running backs, and the possibility of getting sucked into deep space is fine by me.[/quote]

Yeah, General Chaos was a favorite of mine as well. I traded both mint Mutant Leagues and General Chaos into Gamestop a long time ago. I was young and stupid.

[quote name='yukine']Yeah, General Chaos was a favorite of mine as well. I traded both mint Mutant Leagues and General Chaos into Gamestop a long time ago. I was young and stupid.[/QUOTE]

To be honest, I just played Mutant League Football a few months ago and, imo, it *really* didn't age well. Same with General Chaos.

It was one of those things where my memories of it made the game alot better than it seemed.

What's the best Shmup on the VC right now? I'm scared to try the TG-16 games.

[quote name='Roufuss']To be honest, I just played Mutant League Football a few months ago and, imo, it *really* didn't age well. Same with General Chaos.

It was one of those things where my memories of it made the game alot better than it seemed.[/quote]
That's sad to hear, I wouldn't know as I haven't played either games for a long time. And when I was playing it, I was 7 years old.

[quote name='Apossum']What's the best Shmup on the VC right now? I'm scared to try the TG-16 games.[/quote]

I'd say Soldier Blade. you get these massive weapons that cover the whole damn screen and it's incredibly hard. all-in-all, pretty good.

[quote name='yukine']That's sad to hear, I wouldn't know as I haven't played either games for a long time. And when I was playing it, I was 7 years old.[/QUOTE]

Yea, I was psyched as hell too... I can't pinpoint what was exactly wrong with it, but I just know it wasn't nearly as good as my memory was making it (Mutant League Football). I guess alot of games are better left as happy memories.

General Chaos...ugh... it just feels archaic these days.

[quote name='tiredfornow']I'd say Soldier Blade. you get these massive weapons that cover the whole damn screen and it's incredibly hard. all-in-all, pretty good.[/quote]Yep I second that I am enjoying that and it is only 600 points. R-type is also good but it is 800 so yeah, get soldier blade.

[quote name='Mattte']So is the first screen of the Wii shop of the most downloaded stuff?

Also, does anyone else's connection time out alot in the shop?[/quote]

I think the first screen is more of a hey look what we got because if Sonic was one of the most downloaded games I am getting a bat and beating any dumbass who bought it (because the Sonic collection for the gamecube is $5 more than the VC version of Sonic at EB).

Oh and to your second question try switching your wifi to channel 1 or 11.

[quote name='Sir_Fragalot']I think the first screen is more of a hey look what we got because if Sonic was one of the most downloaded games I am getting a bat and beating any dumbass who bought it (because the Sonic collection for the gamecube is $5 more than the VC version of Sonic at EB).

Oh and to your second question try switching your wifi to channel 1 or 11.[/quote]

I was about to say '' maybe whoever downloaded it didn't have a gamecube ''... but.. umm... nevermind :whistle2:#

[quote name='Sir_Fragalot']I think the first screen is more of a hey look what we got because if Sonic was one of the most downloaded games I am getting a bat and beating any dumbass who bought it (because the Sonic collection for the gamecube is $5 more than the VC version of Sonic at EB).

Oh and to your second question try switching your wifi to channel 1 or 11.[/quote]

I bought Rystar knowing I could get it on the Sonic collection becasue I would rather play it with the Wiimote sideways or the classic controller rather than with the gamecube controller. Plus you can get Wii points for less than a penny a point so it isn't always 800 points = $8.00.

[quote name='daroga']http://gonintendo.com/?p=12205

1.5 Million VC games downloaded worldwide.
[/QUOTE]
There's no way to verify that number. Nintendo could be using this supposed figure to drum up interest in the VC, just as they've strung out the release of decent titles to do the same. It's one of the reasons why the VC, for all the joy it brings nostalgics, will be perpetually frustrating.

You can use deceptive statistics, but you can't flat out lie about them. I'd say you can take it at close to face value.

Do you honestly not believe that there's been a VC title sold for every two or three Wii owners? Almost sounds low thinking of it that way.

[quote name='AHEADAMUS']You can use deceptive statistics, but you can't flat out lie about them. I'd say you can take it at close to face value.[/QUOTE]
I'm not as confident. There's gotta be a way for them to stretch things. Estimate Wii Points cards sold and divide those total points by the lowest costing title (500 pts.). Sony's been goosing their sales figures for the longest time, but we've had the advantage of being able to compare that to retailer figures.

[quote name='AHEADAMUS']
Do you honestly not believe that there's been a VC title sold for every two or three Wii owners? Almost sounds low thinking of it that way.[/QUOTE]
Yes, I believe that the demand for VC titles isn't as high as online gaming forums would lead you to believe. I guess my point is that it's hard to verify anything given the nature of the system.

[quote name='dothog']I'm not as confident. There's gotta be a way for them to stretch things. Estimate Wii Points cards sold and divide those total points by the lowest costing title (500 pts.). Sony's been goosing their sales figures for the longest time, but we've had the advantage of being able to compare that to retailer figures.[/QUOTE]

Still don't see where your skepticism really comes in. There's no reason they would estimate because they can directly measure the figures. They know how many transactions were approved.

Listen, if you're right, then you're right, and it's a terrible thing. But you're pulling this on a hunch that the numbers just don't look right to you. That's a little ridiculous.

[quote name='dothog']Yes, I believe that the demand for VC titles isn't as high as online gaming forums would lead you to believe. I guess my point is that it's hard to verify anything given the nature of the system.[/QUOTE]

Give figures that would make sense to you. How many have downloaded and how many games per system? If sales are at one game per every two to three Wii owners, you do realize that one owner who gets three games (as I have done), makes up for seven or so other owners who buy nothing.

[quote name='aaandrewww']I bought Rystar knowing I could get it on the Sonic collection becasue I would rather play it with the Wiimote sideways or the classic controller rather than with the gamecube controller. Plus you can get Wii points for less than a penny a point so it isn't always 800 points = $8.00.[/QUOTE]
I meant sonic games, because you will be buying them all and well (Hori does make a nice classic like controller)... I have no problem with Ristar since that is only one game.

Nintendo can't just lie about that information, it would be a crime. They can fudge the numbers and calculate it in different ways that are a bit deceptive, but even then, I wouldn't put the actual VC games downloaded at less than a million.

[quote name='Strell']If that 1.5 million number is true, wow.[/QUOTE]

If it's true, I'm not really impressed. If so, what it means if we presume every title sold went to one Wii console and one alone, that 1.5 million Wii users have tried out the VC. That's about 33% of all Wii users. I'm not sure whether I'm impressed by that number or if I'm not.

OTOH, (and this is pure estimation), I'm willing to say that many Wii users own more than one VC title. I have three, personally. If you double the number of VC titles per console from 1 to 2, then you halve the number of consoles that have downloaded titles thus far, and are hitting 16.5% of Wii consoles that are using the VC at this point

Considering that the Wii is a gaming system, I can't imagine that anyone on this planet owns a Wii console but no Wii games. With no data available, and 4 million+ Wiis sold, I would estimate the "store bought software" usage rate to approach damn near 100%.

Now, I don't know how to examine if the 33% or 16.5% is accurate, or if it's lower than that (that people who do use the VC are downloading 4-5-6+ titles). That said, none of us know Nintendo's expectations for the VC performance.

It's pretty underwhelming to me, the 1.5 million sales number. Then again, since they waited until a few days after releasing LttP to produce this number, it makes me even more skeptical - what did the numbers look like at 11:59AM this past Monday morning?

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back