MODS PLEASE LOCK - The Wii VC Games - Volume 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
[quote name='Legolas813']^^ But it's only one save state per game right?[/QUOTE]

Yea, it is, but one is all I need. I don't think Kid Icarus has any sort of password system... but... it's been a LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOONG time since I played it.

fuck, free TRUE 2000 points, come in today, PLEASE! With the free 2000 points plus the leftover 400 in my account, I have enough for Super Mario World and all three NES games :(

[quote name='Legolas813']^^ But it's only one save state per game right?[/quote]

Yeah, that's the other problem. With SMW, I always power off the Wii when I am finished playing so that it comes back to the main title screen when I start it again. If not, it loads my save state and then my wife can't play her game without killing all my Marios and going back to the title screen.

just played kid icarus on the pc really quick to see how it played and it does have a password system. The game is bloody hard and if you die ONCE you go back to the BEGINNING! Not the type of game for me.

[quote name='tayaf69']just played kid icarus on the pc really quick to see how it played and it does have a password system. The game is bloody hard and if you die ONCE you go back to the BEGINNING! Not the type of game for me.[/quote]

Yeah, I just checked on NESCafe as well. There are codes called "sacred words."

[quote name='Roufuss']Yea, it is, but one is all I need. I don't think Kid Icarus has any sort of password system... but... it's been a LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOONG time since I played it.

fuck, free TRUE 2000 points, come in today, PLEASE! With the free 2000 points plus the leftover 400 in my account, I have enough for Super Mario World and all three NES games :([/quote]

me and you are in the SAME HOLE. fucking true points! :[

[quote name='tayaf69']just played kid icarus on the pc really quick to see how it played and it does have a password system. The game is bloody hard and if you die ONCE you go back to the BEGINNING! Not the type of game for me.[/QUOTE]

You just go back to the beginning of the level, not of the game. Kid icarus isnt that difficult of a game. Getting used to the jumps can be frustrating at first, and man do they eggplant wizards put a cramp in your style. Besides that it's pretty easy.

[quote name='Scrubking']What are free true 2000 points??[/quote]

that dating site or whatever it was that was sending out 2000 points for signing up and doing other crap, but they are sending out VISA 20$ cards now or something.

[quote name='converge']You just go back to the beginning of the level, not of the game. Kid icarus isnt that difficult of a game. Getting used to the jumps can be frustrating at first, and man do they eggplant wizards put a cramp in your style. Besides that it's pretty easy.[/QUOTE]
good to know. I kept dying at that blue wizard (can you even kill him?) and it kept sending me back. I guess I can try it since there are levels. For some reason I thought it was like metroid.

Kirby's Adventure? fuck yes!

Kid Icarus? Now I can finally find out what all the hubub is about since I never played it in my younger days.

C'mon Nintendo, make with the Super Mario RPG.

Speculation is now rampant regarding possible Smash Bros news this week, considering the connection of all three games to that series.

[quote name='CouRageouS']Makes sense, in the past three weeks we got Zelda, Mario, then these 3. That means DK and Star Fox next week![/QUOTE]

No it doesn't. It means next week we get Clu Clu Land.

CouRageouS is WRONG, people.

[quote name='Strell']No it doesn't. It means next week we get Clu Clu Land.

CouRageouS is WRONG, people.[/QUOTE]
If I deciphered this correctly, are you telling me the thing from Clu Clu Land is going to be a newcomer in SSBB?!?! :shock:

[quote name='CouRageouS']If I deciphered this correctly, are you telling me the thing from Clu Clu Land is going to be a newcomer in SSBB?!?! :shock:[/QUOTE]

GOLD INGOT SMASH

fuck you Nintendo, I want to buy fucking sonic for Wii but now I have to buy more points instead because I just bought kid icarus and kirby and I have originally planned to get DKC and Streets. Although awesome week Nintendo :)

Kirby and Kid Icarus is mine. For someone (like me) who loves the NES...Ive never played Kid Icarus. Never had a friend that had one, and have NEVER seen a used copy. Time to spend another $10!

[quote name='CouRageouS']Anyone else get Kirby yet? How come theres a weird borderline on the left side?[/quote]

The rom i played on the dreamcast does the same thing but I don't remember if the original game does. Oh well, glad kirby is finally out, definitely getting that one tonight.

[quote name='botticus']Speculation is now rampant regarding possible Smash Bros news this week, considering the connection of all three games to that series.[/QUOTE]

interesting hypothesis. maybe metal gear will come out next week.

KI is an old school kind of difficulty. I can't remember if I actually bought the game, but I do remember playing it and dying a lot. Still 500 pts isn't so bad. Not sure which of this week's 3 games I'm going to end up getting, but I'll try to restrain myself and keep it to just one...

Is there any speculation to whether or not we'll see Game Boy/Game Boy Color games on VC? I never did get a chance to play Metroid II or Kid Icarus.

I downloaded Kirby and saw a new progress animation! It had little Mario and Luigi (both at the same time!) swimming across the screen, snagging coins that went beneath them. They even made the swimming sound from Mario 1 as they moved. I don't know if the A button does anything like it does for Fire Mario. I was so shocked to see something new that I forgot to try it.

[quote name='mykevermin']Is there any speculation to whether or not we'll see Game Boy/Game Boy Color games on VC? I never did get a chance to play Metroid II or Kid Icarus.[/quote]

I see speculation on the interwebs, but I haven't seen anything concrete from Nintendo or third party developers about it. It'd be great if they revamped the GBC Zeldas for it.

I really, really doubt we'll see portable cross-over into the VC (with a hardon exception for Mother 3, since you could pass that off as an SNES sequel 10 years too late).

I keep thinking Nintendo is gonna throw that into the DS2.

[quote name='Strell']I keep thinking Nintendo is gonna throw that into the DS2.[/QUOTE]

Somewhere, earlier today, you made mention of the foolishness of the term "hardcore gamer" as little more than a very vocal minority. I think you're right about that, and I think that tends to be the same bunch of people who would buy a Mother game.

I don't see Nintendo doing anything with Mother games; maybe Earthbound will hit VC, but other than that? Just a pipe dream, puddin' pop.

That said, I can confirm one thing: two decades later and I still suck at Kid Icarus.

[quote name='Travelsized']I downloaded Kirby and saw a new progress animation! It had little Mario and Luigi (both at the same time!) swimming across the screen, snagging coins that went beneath them. They even made the swimming sound from Mario 1 as they moved. I don't know if the A button does anything like it does for Fire Mario. I was so shocked to see something new that I forgot to try it.[/quote]
I only got the standard Mario collecting coins and hitting brick blocks progress animation.

[quote name='mykevermin']Somewhere, earlier today, you made mention of the foolishness of the term "hardcore gamer" as little more than a very vocal minority. I think you're right about that, and I think that tends to be the same bunch of people who would buy a Mother game.

I don't see Nintendo doing anything with Mother games; maybe Earthbound will hit VC, but other than that? Just a pipe dream, puddin' pop.
[/QUOTE]

Hence the term "hardon exception," which implies two things.

1) It might become an exception given how it looks exactly like Mother 2.

But

2) "Hardon" implying that it is a personal hope, and that we have seen numerous times that Nintendo doesn't give a shit about the fanbase.

I don't see it happening either, but I'll hope until my eyes bleed.

I agree, Nintendo doesn't care about the fans' opinions. They are in it to make money just like any other company.

Where the hell is the Donkey Kong game? What about Pilotwings or Wave Race? Mario Kart?

Sony can release an excellent Ratchet and Clank game EVERY year, but Nintendo can only release Mario games once every 8 years? News Flash, I enjoyed Ratchet and Clank 2 and 3 much more than mario sunshine! Nintendo is my favorite gaming company besides square enix, but I guess I wish they cared more about us.

Eartbound was an amazing game. I am still confused why Nintendo can't get online and reach a message board to learn that thousands (if not millions) are interested in the story of ness. Translations for Mother 3 have been going on for a while and there is even a MMORPG of earthbound being made by some random fans. Get a clue Nintendo!

Not really fair to compare R&C to Mario, 'cuz Naughty Dog isn't making hardware like Nintendo does.

Not really a strong argument, but still, worth mentioning.

Pilotwings 64 2 had lots of problems in the production scene. I don't know what happened to the project after that.

Mario Kart will appear definitely. I wouldn't be surprised if Wave Race did also.

Just need some patience, people. Wii is only a few months old. I get what you are saying but unless you want watered down sequels of the same game every year, you gotsta meet 'em halfway.

Doesn't help with Earthbound of course.

Note to self: Google "Earthbound MMORPG"

[quote name='Strell']Not really fair to compare R&C to Mario, 'cuz Insomniac isn't making hardware like Nintendo does.

Not really a strong argument, but still, worth mentioning.

Pilotwings 64 2 had lots of problems in the production scene. I don't know what happened to the project after that.

Mario Kart will appear definitely. I wouldn't be surprised if Wave Race did also.

Just need some patience, people. Wii is only a few months old. I get what you are saying but unless you want watered down sequels of the same game every year, you gotsta meet 'em halfway.

Doesn't help with Earthbound of course.

Note to self: Google "Earthbound MMORPG"[/quote]
Fixed for ya. ;)

Is anyone else's sound emulation for Kirby screwed up? I can barely hear the music when I play, plus there is a glitch bar on the right hand side of the screen.

Also, the person who created Kid Icarus must have been seriously hardcore to make a game where from the very beginning you have to face wave after wave of enemies with a crappy bow that has a horrible fire rate.

[quote name='tayaf69']
Sony can release an excellent Ratchet and Clank game EVERY year, but Nintendo can only release Mario games once every 8 years? News Flash, I enjoyed Ratchet and Clank 2 and 3 much more than mario sunshine! Nintendo is my favorite gaming company besides square enix, but I guess I wish they cared more about us.

[/QUOTE]

Yeah, Sony can release great games every year, like the Jaks and the Ratchets. But will anyone care in a few years? Will their games stand the test of time? Does anyone give a fuck about all the Crash or Spyro games on the ps1? Those were highly rated Sony games that came out every year. Why is it that Ocarina of Time and Mario 64 are still revered when nobody cares about Sony's ps1 games?

I'd much rather get a classic game every few years than something thats easily forgotten.

[quote name='Scrubking']Is anyone else's sound emulation for Kirby screwed up? I can barely hear the music when I play, plus there is a glitch bar on the right hand side of the screen.[/QUOTE]The sound is fine for me. I do get some weird artifacts on the left side on some side-scrolling parts, and there was a moment where the game froze for a second or two.

Didn't think the first VC game I'd get would be Kirby's Adventure, but when I saw it in the Shop Channel... I couldn't resist :bouncy:

I'd get kirby, but I beat the GBA version and I need donkey kong country. I'm planning on getting another points card, but I don't want to waste money on games I've already played and beaten a gajillion times

[quote name='Scrubking']Is anyone else's sound emulation for Kirby screwed up? I can barely hear the music when I play, plus there is a glitch bar on the right hand side of the screen.

Also, the person who created Kid Icarus must have been seriously hardcore to make a game where from the very beginning you have to face wave after wave of enemies with a crappy bow that has a horrible fire rate.[/QUOTE]
I need to ask the same question. My Mario Kart 64 has really messed up sound. It almost sounds completely scratchy. Is this emulation or something else? Kirby does it for me too. I have played it on 3 tvs (I take my Wii to school with me) so it can't be them.

Also, is it normal for the games to tremendously slow down? I don't remember Mario Kart 64 slowing down to a halt in 2 player mode. :cry:

[quote name='pinoy530']Yeah, Sony can release great games every year, like the Jaks and the Ratchets. But will anyone care in a few years? Will their games stand the test of time? Does anyone give a fuck about all the Crash or Spyro games on the ps1? Those were highly rated Sony games that came out every year. Why is it that Ocarina of Time and Mario 64 are still revered when nobody cares about Sony's ps1 games?

I'd much rather get a classic game every few years than something thats easily forgotten.[/QUOTE]
I would say that I will care. I still play R&C 2 quite often and it's several years old. I agree that OoT and Mario 64 are two of the greatest games ever. We will never forget those games. And we won't forget Mario Sunshine (it's kind of hard to forget the only mario game for a system). Still, I will always remember the first Jak and Daxter as one of the best classic platformer's ever and will always love the R&C series. Oh, and I still have the original Spyro game for the PS1 and it's a fun game.

[quote name='Strell']
Note to self: Google "Earthbound MMORPG"[/QUOTE]
http://www.saturnvalleyonline.tk/ is the website. It's just now been started and may never be finished, but it is good to know that people out there really do have a love for the earthbound series.

Ok, so I was able to get my score up to 200,000 in world one, which levels you up to 5....here is how.

Towards the end of 1-1, where the McGoos pop out (red things that come out of the ground and shoot at you) look for where the right side of the screen has thick purple bricks, and the left side has small red bricks. However, first you must trigger the McGoos, so jump up enough so they start coming out. Then, put half your body in between both sides of the screen. If done correctly, the McGoos will just shoot at your body on the right side standing on the big purple bricks, while you're free to shoot them from the left. Each one gives you 300 experience points. Sorry that may sound confusing, I just woke up and typed that.

Some Wii sites are reporting that the passwords in Kid Icarus don't work because the manual (crappy manual), says that secret codes have been removed.

I tried a password yesterday and it worked, but can anyone else confirm this?

[quote name='Scrubking']Some Wii sites are reporting that the passwords in Kid Icarus don't work because the manual (crappy manual), says that secret codes have been removed.

I tried a password yesterday and it worked, but can anyone else confirm this?[/QUOTE]
I think passwords to restart your game work, but secret passwords that give you bonuses don't. That's just what I heard though but I haven't tried either.

That kinda sucks. As much as I appreciate an old school game challenge, I also like seeing everything a game has to offer. Well since they took out the codes, just wait and buy the VC Game Genie! I read on gamefaqs its coming out next week ;)

[quote name='seanr1221']Just use my level up tip to help. When you have 5 bars of health, KI becomes much easier.[/quote]

thanks for making this game actually playable without throwing my wiimote at my fish bowl or something. :D

Do you guys think that nintendo will release an update to allow use of the SD card for storage of games? I don't see how hard it could be and I don't want to run out of space have to delete games.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back