Monoprice.com - Need HDMI, Optical Audio, Component, or Other Cables, Get Them Here

Nephilim

CAGiversary!
Feedback
91 (100%)
I know most of you probably know about this place, but I just thought I would post this since I did not find a topic.

monoprice.com has long been known as the cheapest place to buy USB, Network, HDMI, and many other cables, period.

Their service is excellent as well.

Our business just ordered another round of Network and USB cables and saved close to $1000 compared to retail stores like Best Buy, etc.

We have had Network cables from monoprice throughout our building for a few years and have had NO ISSUES at all. Most of the cables in my home (S-Video, HDMI, USB, CAT5e, etc. are also from monoprice and they have been perfect.

The Quality of the cables I have bought has been as good or in many cases, much better than more expensive cables elsewhere.

I know there are other online retailers like Firefold that sell for similar prices, but I have not found their service to be near as good as monoprice.

Take your pick of the HDMI cables they have to offer:

http://www.monoprice.com/products/subdepartment.asp?c_id=102&cp_id=10240

Any of the 28 AWG cables would work for your needs. Category 2 is tested for higher speeds, though either one would work. Info about the differences:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/HDMI#Version_1.3

I have numerous of these cables, and they all work like a champ:
http://www.monoprice.com/products/p...=10240&cs_id=1024008&p_id=3993&seq=1&format=2 (10 ft)
http://www.monoprice.com/products/p...=10240&cs_id=1024008&p_id=3992&seq=1&format=2 (6 ft)

Monster Cable is so over-hyped, it's ridiculous. HDMI cables either work or they don't.

Just about every AV cable I have at this point is a Monoprice cable, and I've bought hundreds of dollars of cables from them.

From another post of mine, in the Monoprice thread in the DVD forum:
[quote name='shrike4242']I've ordered all of the following types of cables from them:

HDMI cables
RCA component cable
RCA composite cables
S-Video cables
TOSLink optical cables
Speaker wire
Banana plugs for speaker wire
USB cables
Ethernet cables
USB extension cables
AC power cables
AC power extension cables

All of them have been solid cables with no issues at all. Shipping has always been reasonably priced and quick. I've been buying from them for years and will keep doing so for years more.[/QUOTE]

Want the best quality though.
My TV right now was made before I was born - never really showed the difference in quality in cables
But HDTVs show it and its driving me nuts. I want full HD when I get my TV!

:roll:

Why don't you pick up some cables from Monoprice and see how they work for you? If they don't work out, their cables have a return window on them, as well as a lifetime warranty.

If I purchased the same cables as Monster Cable cables from other vendors for what I paid from Monoprice, I'd have paid thousands for what I've paid hundreds for.

I planned on ordering one 50ft ethernet cable (cat5e straight) but the S&H (to my zip) is actually more than the cable itself. It'd be better if I actually needed like 10+ cables but not sure if it's worth it for just one especially if I can get elsewhere. so any other sites with decent quality cables for decent prices (preferably closer to the East Coast)?

[quote name='Gamer SDP']I planned on ordering one 50ft ethernet cable (cat5e straight) but the S&H (to my zip) is actually more than the cable itself. It'd be better if I actually needed like 10+ cables but not sure if it's worth it for just one especially if I can get elsewhere. so any other sites with decent quality cables for decent prices (preferably closer to the East Coast)?[/QUOTE]

If you shop around, you'll probably find that the Monoprice cable is still cheaper than other places.

I think the *only* time I've seen cheaper prices is possibly on Amazon...or from Amazon sellers. Even then, Monoprice is reliable and ships really quick.

eh I'll probably end up ordering anyway but should probably get some other cables while I'm at it.

I'm trying to find some universal game system component cables since my monitor lacks the normal RBW plus. the main systems I want in component are GCN and PS2 but monoprice doesn't have that

edit:
ended up ordering 50ft cat5e and the cheapest hdmi cable I saw. really wanted to find a component for PS2/GCN.

Last edited by a moderator:
May I ask a noob question: Whats the deal with the Xbox 360 system specific crossover cable for system link? Ive never even heard of that. Couldn't you just use regular old Cat5 for system link? Whats the benefit of this "crossover cable"?
Indulge me, I really haven't the slightest clue.

GCN component cables are extremely hard to find because I don't think a third party ever made them, and because nintendo dropped the digital out port on the GC they didn't make too many and thus they are very rare.

For the crossover cable, if you're connecting two system sdirect to each other (not through a hub or switch) you need to use a crossover cable. Basically the cable flips the listening and sending pin wires between the ends, so the send pin on one end becomes the listen pin on the other end. Otherwise you will send info to the other systems send pin and it won't be able to recurve it. The part I'm not sure about is that many networking chips have the ability to auto-detect if a crossover or plain (called a patch cable) is being used and can just reverse what pin it sends/listens on to accomodate. At least my laptop 5 years ago did. So I imagine that most network chipsets can do this nowadays?

My question is does or did monoprice sell right angle converters? I swear I was looking one day not too long ago and found they had right angle adapters for things like hdmi, toslink, and RCA. But when I went a couple days ago to order I looked all over and could only find the hdmi ones. Am I seeing things or did they take away those items like a week ago?

I don't have expereince with 40ft
But I use 20ft just fine. I highly doubt their would be much if any noticable signal loss.
(It may be detected with software but probably not the human eye)

Just wanted to post. I have ordered a lot more cables from mono price over the past few weeks.
And each time they have been the cheapest and also the fastest shipping around.
Amazon sometimes can beat or equal their prices during certain promotional sales (if you have prime of if they happen to have free shipping on the cables)
But pretty much everytime I needed a cable I would hit different sites and monoprice was always best at the time that i needed to have cables shipped.

Also I just go ahead and order 2 or 3 of the same cables to offset the shipping. I have a big box of cables for all kinds of things. Its really handy.

[quote name='EdRyder']May I ask a noob question: Whats the deal with the Xbox 360 system specific crossover cable for system link? Ive never even heard of that. Couldn't you just use regular old Cat5 for system link? Whats the benefit of this "crossover cable"?
Indulge me, I really haven't the slightest clue.[/QUOTE]

Most of your question was already answered above.
But also, If your bored and have some cat 5cables laying around you can go ahead and easily make your own crossovercable by simple re aligning one end of the cat 5 cable thus creating a crossover cable for the 360 direct connect usage.

I bought my hdmi cables off ebay for less than $4 (free S+H) so I get my gear there.

I agree monoprice will usually have better customer service than ebay sellers.

So this happened in March, and I just got something in the mail from Monoprice about it this week. I had some fraudulent charges show up on my check card a few weeks ago, and now I'm almost positive this is why.

It's a shame, too. Those were some ridiculously cheap cables.

[quote name='koji126']Just a word of caution for those of you who bought from monoprice. Someone hacked into their system and cc info may have been taken. Keep a close eye on your cc account.

http://hardocp.com/news/2010/03/10/monoprice_hacked_cc_info_compromised63[/QUOTE]

Has this been resolved as of yet? I hear nice things from monoprice other than this hack. Im thinking this only applied to customers before the hack and not after. I hope this is the case because I have never ordered from monoprice but im looking to buy a cable from them. Any more info on this is much appreciated.

Monoprice has never failed me before. Would recommend for all your cable and tv mounting equipment needs

edit: Just saw the post about their site being hacked and CC info stolen. I'm sure glad that I have always used Paypal when ordering online goods.

I'm usually the most skeptical person when it comes to buying "cheap" electronics when they usually come for $50+. I bought an HDMI cable from Monoprice for like.. $5 total after shipping. Strongly recommended, and for the skeptical, trust me, I'm the same way. But this place saved me a ton.

Does anyone know when monoprice is going to restock the iPod 30 pin dock connector cable, I want to buy one or 2 but I can't find it on their site. I know they had it before, are they going to restock this item or did they stop carrying it totally?

Got my first order placed with Monoprice, hoping for the best, picked up an HDMI cable for my yet to be purchased 360 that I am going to get myself for Christmas/Birthday. Read a lot of reviews and got a good hdmi cable from there, only cost me $7 with shipping, pleasantly surprised.

[quote name='Jabrim']Got my first order placed with Monoprice, hoping for the best, picked up an HDMI cable for my yet to be purchased 360 that I am going to get myself for Christmas/Birthday. Read a lot of reviews and got a good hdmi cable from there, only cost me $7 with shipping, pleasantly surprised.[/QUOTE]

Did the same (bought a cable for yet-to-be purchased 360) as a well as a spare for my new HD monitor, assuming I can get the right cable box. I guess we'll see how it goes!

I just ordered a hdmi from them. Then I learned about this security breach. Is it safe now to shop at monoprice? Can I cancel my account info. I log in to my account and there is no option to access your cc info.

[quote name='anbu-black-ops']I just ordered a hdmi from them. Then I learned about this security breach. Is it safe now to shop at monoprice? Can I cancel my account info. I log in to my account and there is no option to access your cc info.[/QUOTE]The issue with their website getting compromised was back in March and has long since been dealt with. I've continued to shop with them and use a virtual CC #, so anyone that might end up with the number won't get anything out of it.

just ordered a ps3 component cable for about $7.50 shipped =)

edit: component cable received, great quality, loving monoprice

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey everybody, I looked through the thread, but didn't find any info on their speakers/headsets. Does anybody have any experience with either of those products, and can give me some feedback as far as audio quality for both/either (and in the case of the headsets, mic transmission quality)?

So far the only thing I bought off of Monoprice was a Componet cable for my PS3. It was TERRIBLE. It made every character in all my games look like simpsons! Everything had a very strong yellow tint to it. Did I just get really unlucky or what?

I noticed that there's a lot of sellers on Amazon who are selling HDMI cables for really cheap, like under $4 shipped. This is much cheaper than Monoprice, which costs $7-8 shipped.

Anybody order these cables from Amazon sellers?

If I'm looking to hook up my laptop to my HDTV (so that the laptop screen displays on the HDTV), what cable should I buy?

Also, I should note that my laptop does not have an HDMI slot.

Someone needs to go to jail for the way these retailers are overcharging for cables..... thank goodness for this thread.

They have apple iPod and iPhone charging/syncing cables again guys! I ordered one of the black ones and they work perfectly, just like the original, and they fit unlike other 3rd party cables I have ordered.

Just ordered 2 6ft high speed HDMI cables and a toslink cable for less than $15 shipped. The shipping prices are a bit rough, but still, great prices on the items themselves.

Unfortunately, I've had some bad luck with Monoprice. I bought some microUSB cables for my cell phone, and they didn't work at all. Customer service was good and they refunded my money.

I also wasn't really thrilled with the connectors on the component cables I bought from them in the past.

Definitely the number one site for cables. I need some extra sata cables, and was wondering if monoprice is good for those cables too.

Also, recently bought a monoprice mouse pad. I bought the smaller of the two sizes they offer and it's huge. So far no complaints here, although I can't really give a thorough comparison between monoprice mouse pad and premium mouse pad.

Hi, quick question: Is monoprice safe to order from again? I thought some discussion thread had mentioned them being hacked?

bread's done
Back