Monster Hunter Tri - $44.99 at GameStop & Amazon

earvcunanan

CAGiversary!
Feedback
300 (100%)
http://www.gamestop.com/Catalog/ProductDetails.aspx?product_id=76127

Note: GameStop is no longer taking pre-orders for the CCP bundle.
Bonus: 500 Wii Points for pre-ordering at GameStop.
Amazon has the bundle for $59.99 and are offering a $10 video games credit.

If you're planning on getting MH3, it is HIGHLY recommended that you play it using the CCP and NOT the Wiimote/Nunchuk combo. I think Nintendo will sell the CCP separately for $19.99. This is a great deal.

Also, the game is confirmed to be FREE to play online! :applause:

Last edited by a moderator:
5-10 days for free shipping? Could always buy a new one on release date and return the one I get online at the store with receipt.

[quote name='lilman']In for 1. Came out to $50.01 with free value shipping. I got free shipping without having to use the "SAVER" coupon... in fact, it didn't let me use any other coupon in conjunction with "LUVNU".

Thanks op.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I don't see the need to put in saver these days since free value shipping is pretty much always an option

[quote name='aj slick']5-10 days for free shipping? Could always buy a new one on release date and return the one I get online at the store with receipt.[/QUOTE]

You're bad :whistle2:X

I went ahead and snagged one because of the coupons and controller. I will keep my pre-order as long as the free to play online is confirmed for the States since it seems Googling it only comes up with Europe as the free to play participants.

Just curious, but if they're charging for this online, do you get rid of the darned Friend Codes? I would see myself paying for this, especially with the crapload of cheap points I've gotten, if you get a user name and friends list you could maintain.

There won't be any crappy Friend Codes for online. I've played the Japanese version (over 300 hours logged in) and it's a unified system that Capcom themselves handle. In my opinion, online will be free to play overseas since the series isn't as popular as it is in Japan. It would be a dumb move on Capcom's part if they decide to charge for online play. That's no way to garner attention, especially for a Wii game.

[quote name='earvcunanan']There won't be any crappy Friend Codes for online. I've played the Japanese version (over 300 hours logged in) and it's a unified system that Capcom themselves handle. In my opinion, online will be free to play overseas since the series isn't as popular as it is in Japan. It would be a dumb move on Capcom's part if they decide to charge for online play. That's no way to garner attention, especially for a Wii game.[/QUOTE]

^^^
From what I have been reading Capcom is handling it with their own version of a code you register which is shorter then the friend's code. The whole experience I have read is much easier to handle and caters to the gamer rather then Nintendo's system which caters to God knows who.

[quote name='Seventh']^^^
From what I have been reading Capcom is handling it with their own version of a code you register which is shorter then the friend's code. The whole experience I have read is much easier to handle and caters to the gamer rather then Nintendo's system which caters to God knows who.[/QUOTE]

It's basically like PSN or XBL - it's very streamlined and easy to use. No need to enter in any weird crap every time you go online.

I don't know anything about the series (outside of it being very popular in Japan). I'll need to look into it, as I want that CCP.

[quote name='Spacepest']I'm going to wait in see if Amazon lists this bundle as well (I would rather give Amazon my business).[/QUOTE]

I'm in the same boat but I figured I would pre-order now and cancel later if Amazon comes out with a lower price later. With tax, it will cost me $50.xx at GS so Amazon would need to beat that price since I have Prime for free shipping.

hmm...i should probably place an order just in case amazon doesnt list the mh3 bundle.

im assuming gamestop.com doesnt charge you until it ships, right?

[quote name='blackwaltz34']hmm...i should probably place an order just in case amazon doesnt list the mh3 bundle.

im assuming gamestop.com doesnt charge you until it ships, right?[/QUOTE]

Nope. They charge you when it ships and you can easily cancel anytime before then.

[quote name='blackwaltz34']hmm...i should probably place an order just in case amazon doesnt list the mh3 bundle.[/QUOTE]

Amazon does list it. They want $59.99 for it, though, so this is a considerably better deal.

[quote name='blackwaltz34']im assuming gamestop.com doesnt charge you until it ships, right?[/QUOTE]

Nope.

[quote name='ecwfan']Does anyone know if Nintendo will release a white Classic Controller Pro?[/QUOTE]
Uhm they already have

Did the coupon code stop working, or am I just an idiot? Not sure I really want this game anyway, but I do want that controller.

Doesn't matter for me anyway, the tax killed this deal for me. Sure it's cheap if I want to wait an aeon after it comes out to get it, but I want this day 1. So with shipping, I may as well go with Amazon's full price.

[quote name='botticus']Appears to be dead for preorders.[/QUOTE]Man that stinks, I was going to bite on this today. Oh well, ordering from Amazon it is.

I'm sure either Remote+Nunchuck or my standard CC will be enough.

[quote name='Seraph830']Man that stinks, I was going to bite on this today. Oh well, ordering from Amazon it is.

I'm sure either Remote+Nunchuck or my standard CC will be enough.[/QUOTE]

I would check out reviews before I make that assumption if I were you. From what I understand, MHT really demands the sort of layout you get with the CCP. After all, there's a reason they're bundling it.

[quote name='arcane93']GameStop lists the release date on this as 4/6, while Amazon lists it as 4/20. Anyone know which is correct?[/QUOTE]

THis game doesn't have an official release date other than april correct?

Were they always offering the 500 Nintendo points card with this, or is that new? I didn't see it before. That sweetens the deal a little bit. Not much, but it's something.

[quote name='BIG5']Were they always offering the 500 Nintendo points card with this, or is that new? I didn't see it before. That sweetens the deal a little bit. Not much, but it's something.[/QUOTE]
Oh it's something but sounds more like a free trial for a pay2play service rather than a sweet deal.
[quote name='Seraph830']
I'm sure either Remote+Nunchuck or my standard CC will be enough.[/QUOTE]
The game is playable with the wiimote+nunchuck but you won't be able to beat the harder bosses without a classic controller.
The normal cc makes using the 'finger hook' camera method easy but it is kind of hard to actually grip the controller and pushing the trigger is uncomfortable.
The ccp makes using the 'finger hook' method uncomfortable but does allow you to easily grip the controller and press the trigger easily.

Personally I would rather have a ps2 controller over the ccp.

Last edited by a moderator:
Note: you can still play offline since there's a campaign mode (which should last you around 25-30 hours). But online play is where it's at, though.

[quote name='WuGgaRoO']luvnu isnt working for me :([/QUOTE]

Yea I believe the OP has updated his post to state that the code no longer works.

I wish they would officially announce whether it's going to be pay-to-play or not. I have it pre-ordered, but if it's going to cost me to play it online, I'm canceling. While I can certainly understand why they would want to charge to run dedicated servers for it, the way that I play most games I couldn't be sure that I would play it enough in any given month to be worth the cost.

If it is pay-to-play, I'll just wait until it drops to $20 or less to pick it up for the single-player.

Edit: I don't know whether they'll bother to respond or not, but I just emailed Capcom to ask them. If I hear back from them, I'll post their response here.

I'm in the same boat. And I can't get my Wii online at school and I'm not paying for a month just to play for 1-2 weekends when I'm home. That limits me to a little under 3 months in the summer.

Yea I'm with most of you here. If it's pay-to-play, I'm out. I'm not into the franchise (not yet anyways) and I have plenty of other online games I can play for (relatively) free. If they want the U.S. to finally jump on the MH franchise, they need to have free online play. Just my two cents.

Last I heard it wasn't going to be pay-to-play. I don't know if there has been an official announcement yet though.

MH1 for PS2 was free in America. MH3 for Wii is p2p in Japan, announced free in Europe(france i think?) and still nothing has been said about America.

The precedent is that it will be free but at the same time it is strange they have not said anything yet.

A decent deal, but I'm gonna pass. Not a fan of paying over $30 for any videogame and I already have a Classic Controller and can't imagine needing a second one.

[quote name='SovietSlayer']
The normal cc makes using the 'finger hook' camera method easy but it is kind of hard to actually grip the controller and pushing the trigger is uncomfortable.
The ccp makes using the 'finger hook' method uncomfortable but does allow you to easily grip the controller and press the trigger easily.

Personally I would rather have a ps2 controller over the ccp.[/QUOTE]

I ordered the bundle, but I also have a Nyko Classic Controller Grip for the CC. Perhaps that would be the best way to play?

I think the pts are for DLC. MH isn't exactly popular in the US and add to the fact that it is moving to a new platform, I can't imagine someone up there think it would be a good idea putting more roadblocks in getting more people online and co-oping and hooked on the franchise. If it is pay to play, I can imagine that of those purchased, even fewer get online and then the online experience deteriorates, leading to ghost town and pretty much an unsuccessful franchise debut on wii.

[quote name='earvcunanan']Uh oh, looks like the game may be pay-to-play online?! We'll see...[/QUOTE]

Its been confirmed that it will be free to play online, at least in the United States.

I'm going to pick this game up. Although I like the PSP version, doing the monster hunter claw sucks. This game begs for dual analog sticks.

Also a 500+ hour game belongs on a console. Especially with a series as beautiful as this one.

[quote name='Crygor64']Its been confirmed that it will be free to play online, at least in the United States.

[/QUOTE]

This has been asked already once before and not answered. Where is the link to the confirmation that this game offers online play for free? All I see is rumors and no real confirmation. Until I know its F2P, I am simply not going to buy it.

bread's done
Back