Monster Hunter Tri

[quote name='Mad D']Amari you did play with a CAG. I even sent you a friend request with CAG in it.

I'm really glad I kept my lance on when those other two were bitching to me about changing to a weapon strong against barroth and they end up costing everyone the quest :lol: Also they died because they kept getting hit. At one point 3 longswords, I had no stamina left to block.[/QUOTE]

Oooh, I'm sorry. I didn't notice it was you because I thought you were someone else I was adding from CAG. We did have some good games. You had that awesome shark lance, right?

Yeah, they shouldn't have gotten on you about what weapons you were using when they kept eating bad food and dying. >_< But we did alright, so that's all that matters.

I'll try to get back on tonight. I'll edit this if I can (or can't >_>.)

[quote name='KingBroly']Festival of Fear (low rank) isn't that hard.
If your group doesn't die 3 times, you win.
[/QUOTE]
Sounds doable!

[quote name='twanky']I'll help, if i'm on.

Who wants to do the Cold Call quests to get LS Tenebra??[/QUOTE]
I don't plan on using the weapon, but I think I only need one more ticket to have enough for it + upgrade, so sure! We can make a night of it, if my wife doesn't divorce me.

I would like to help but I need to 2 levels to join that quest Botticus. I'll see if I can get on soon, someone broke into my car last night so I'm taking care of some things right now. I want to try the cold call as well.

[quote name='Mad D']I would like to help but I need to 2 levels to join that quest Botticus. I'll see if I can get on soon, someone broke into my car last night so I'm taking care of some things right now. I want to try the cold call as well.[/QUOTE]
Req for joining is 27, just to be clear.

[quote name='twanky']sigh just got d/c[/QUOTE]
Figures as much. Thanks for the few minutes of help anyway! Got through it without dying, that's about as much as I did to contribute.

I wanted to kill that Ruion kid. He kept knocking me over when I kept trying to heal and carve. He even used the charge move and knocked me over on purpose when we were moving from zones. I wanted to play one more game just so I could knock him around :lol:

That last game I think I got 4 of those tickets. Nice playing with you Twanky.

Yeah not to mention after the other guy dropped we were left with a LS, Gunner, and SnS. Not much damage was being dealt haha.

What's a good armor to upgrade to for someone with V4* and T2*? I currently have the rhenoplos armor set equipped with all attack jewels.

Village 4* and Town 2* maybe?

I've found the Rathian to be a pretty solid low-rank set. I upgraded it a few times so my defense is around 100. Health +20, Ear Plugs, fire resistance. Barroth isn't bad either.

If anyone wants to join me for whatever (HR31) I'm probably going to try to get some Lagi or Uragaan mats. Recruiting, Wisdom 1, Gate 40, City... 4?

[quote name='twanky']Lets do some cold call, i wanna get 6 more dark metals for the upgrade.[/QUOTE]
I'm in a room with some lower level people so if you get on, shoot me a message and I'll duck out when I have a chance. I think I only need 1 more medal - 11 is the upgrade, right?

[quote name='botticus']Village 4* and Town 2* maybe?[/QUOTE]

yep. that's what I meant. sorry i wasn't clearer.

thanks for the suggestion!

Started to play Super Mario Galaxy 1 now, less of this but I still come on to do Alatreon at times, 22 kills and only 1 skypiercer =( pretty sure 99% of those kills the horns were broken too. My goal will be to beat him solo and break both horns like this guy @_@... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y8QT32QW0_8 I managed to solo and break one and died so I just abandoned >_>...

Once you guys reach your 5* Urgent make sure to look up videos of this boss, and be prepared like brining books + mats to make largebombbarrel+ if you are sleep bombing, mats to make potions, nutrients & ancient potion if you die, etc. A lot of people don't like to play with first timers for this boss because he's pretty aggressive, and not afraid to kill you. Fight will take 15min (for a decent random group) and 30-50min (for new groups).

** Important ** don't vendor or resource your scatterfish, they are used to make large bomb barrel+ and a lot of the material search Alatreon rooms requires you to bring LBB+, scatterfish+LBB+LB+gunpowder to make more during battle for sleep bombing. If you want to farm a lot you gotta do them offline via Moga Shallows, or trade Magalite Ore 2:2. And same goes for gunners with sleepyfish, keep them to make Sleep Lv2 shots, higher rank players will flock to gunners in Alatreon runs because they know its gonna be a sleep bombing run the two horns for skypiercer.

Last edited by a moderator:
Going online now... because I think single player has passed me by. Lagi is ridiculous in the Flooded Forest, and every other monster available still gives me trouble online in a group of 4, so I don't have any interest in trying them solo yet.

I hate the Flooded Forest. Fighting enemies in the water is so hard, and the extremely limited visibility makes it so much worse.

Limited visibility, and the fact that the main water areas are basically wide enough for the monster and that's about it. So good luck dodging even if that were really feasible in the water anyway.

Had a couple good hunts with Mad D last night - how far did we get you towards HR31?

[quote name='botticus']
Had a couple good hunts with Mad D last night - how far did we get you towards HR31?[/QUOTE]

28 and some change. Thanks, hope I can play with you and your friends again sometime.

I seem to be having some connection issues, guess that means I should head off to bed. It was nice playing with you and your friend, Botticus.

I have solo'd Alatreon with hammer! Broke both horns :D took me near 40min to do!

I also started playing a bit of MH:Frontier Online on the Korean servers, it's about 10x of a bigger game than MH3 because it's still growing apparently, Korean servers are at season 5.0? and Japanese server just released 8.0 but the Japanese and Taiwan servers requires to pay to play :( too bad because I can read Japanese and Chinese but not Korean.

[quote name='Myv']I have solo'd Alatreon with hammer! Broke both horns :D took me near 40min to do!
[/QUOTE]
I can solo Great Jaggi+! And probably R. Ludroth. :lol:

I'm glad that in high-rank, they added to the frustration of low drop rates by requiring dozens of regular materials to make armor. At 1 or 2 scale+ per Qurupeco, I might have that armor set by the end of the month!

[quote name='botticus']I can solo Great Jaggi+! And probably R. Ludroth. :lol:

I'm glad that in high-rank, they added to the frustration of low drop rates by requiring dozens of regular materials to make armor. At 1 or 2 scale+ per Qurupeco, I might have that armor set by the end of the month![/QUOTE]

Nice! :applause: I hate R. Ludroth, just keep using that body roll :bomb:

You'll definitely start kicking yourself if you ever need any of these materials : Skypiercer (Alatreon), Stout Horn (Diablos), Wyvern Stones.

Only rare thing I'm looking for right now is a Rathian Ruby for the helmet. Got two wyvern stones so far, probably gonna throw those on a weapon, but I'm not sure which yet.

Looking back on the offline quests, I think I might try to finish those required bits up with my doubled defense. Hopefully that should make Lagi and Barioth a bit less of a struggle. Uragaan will just take forever, and then it looks like it's impossible not to beat Ceadeus eventually since he doesn't regenerate health between quests.

Ohhhh, nice! Very lucky to get those stones, the Bird Wyvern Gems are hard to get as well I believe.

High rank armor definitely helps a bunch for offline if you are having a bit of trouble. Hardly take any damage with 300+ def :D.

I suggest trying Hammer on Uragaan, it really does make it very simple, you can super-pound him in the head after he uses 360 spin, super-pound(charge super pound far away, run in after he pounds), after 4 pound combo, sleep/fire charge release(his head and tail are safe zones, land it right on his head even when he's releasing sleep/fire).

Ceadeus is easily doable in 2 rounds, 1st round 30min, 2nd round 10-15min (I don't think you can kill him in 1st round, because he has about 15k HP?, around 9k he will be repelled). I suggest brining a dragon weapon (I like to use Guang Dao long sword).
Cut his beard by the end of Area 1, if not Area 2. Make sure you fully utilize the Ballistas in Area 3 to the right and left. If he starts to ignore you and swims downward to this arch stone area, immediately stop what you are doing and swim to the dragonator where the glowing orange lights are at. He'll swim in front of it and make sure to push it as he is coming in to land it on him (key to landing large damage on him). If you cut his beard off in Area 1, 2, his weak spots will be his tail and top of head, you'll notice scars if you have broken them. Oh also, if you want to break one of his horns you just aim for the head, hitting the horn doesn't do any damage to him or so I've read.

[quote name='carnavis']At gamestop they were giving out copies of the demo. I have to admit. The game could have been better.[/QUOTE]

You can't judge the game based on the demo.

[quote name='carnavis']At gamestop they were giving out copies of the demo. I have to admit. The game could have been better.[/QUOTE]

That demo was garbage. It almost made me not want the game, but I knew better knowing that it was and felt like a very limited view of the full game. Only thing you can take from the demo is getting used to the weapon mechanics and that's about it.

The only way I could explain how limited that demo was is if they made a similar Zelda demo where the only items available were the hook shot and torch and all you could do light other unlit torches and grapple up on to ledges :lol:

Played a little today, but no one was on. Done for today though. Still 2 levels away from 30.

Last edited by a moderator:

That demo was garbage. It almost made me not want the game, but I knew better knowing that it was and felt like a very limited view of the full game. Only thing you can take from the demo is getting used to the weapon mechanics and that's about it.

The only way I could explain how limited that demo was is if they made a similar Zelda demo with the hook shot and torch as the only items available and all you could do light other unlit torches and grapple up on to ledges :lol:

Played a little today, but no one was on. Done for today though. Still 2 levels away from 30.

[quote name='Droenixjpn']Actually, I think I am where you are Mad D. :p[/QUOTE]

Well time to start playing together again :lol:

[quote name='Myv']Ohhhh, nice! Very lucky to get those stones, the Bird Wyvern Gems are hard to get as well I believe.

High rank armor definitely helps a bunch for offline if you are having a bit of trouble. Hardly take any damage with 300+ def :D.

I suggest trying Hammer on Uragaan, it really does make it very simple, you can super-pound him in the head after he uses 360 spin, super-pound(charge super pound far away, run in after he pounds), after 4 pound combo, sleep/fire charge release(his head and tail are safe zones, land it right on his head even when he's releasing sleep/fire).

Ceadeus is easily doable in 2 rounds, 1st round 30min, 2nd round 10-15min (I don't think you can kill him in 1st round, because he has about 15k HP?, around 9k he will be repelled). I suggest brining a dragon weapon (I like to use Guang Dao long sword).
Cut his beard by the end of Area 1, if not Area 2. Make sure you fully utilize the Ballistas in Area 3 to the right and left. If he starts to ignore you and swims downward to this arch stone area, immediately stop what you are doing and swim to the dragonator where the glowing orange lights are at. He'll swim in front of it and make sure to push it as he is coming in to land it on him (key to landing large damage on him). If you cut his beard off in Area 1, 2, his weak spots will be his tail and top of head, you'll notice scars if you have broken them. Oh also, if you want to break one of his horns you just aim for the head, hitting the horn doesn't do any damage to him or so I've read.
[/QUOTE]
Thanks for the info!

I beat Barioth pretty handily offline once I broke his wings - makes him much less of a pain to deal with. Didn't have time to cut off his tail though. Realized Lagi was already done, so all I have left is Uragaan and Ceadeus.

I'm not going to lie when I say the demo was insanely bad. You miss out on a lot of the small nuances about the game, the variety of missions that you could do, the upgrading of weapons, etc. The demo doesn't even tell you how to play. Sure, it gives you a booklet on how to play, but that's not the best way for people to learn how to play. Heck, the game doesn't even give you an idea of what the online is like.

I say give it a rental and see if you like it.

[quote name='botticus']Thanks for the info!

I beat Barioth pretty handily offline once I broke his wings - makes him much less of a pain to deal with. Didn't have time to cut off his tail though. Realized Lagi was already done, so all I have left is Uragaan and Ceadeus.[/QUOTE]

Nice! You are almost there :D After you beat Uragaan you'll unlock Agnaktor, although he's not a key quest to open Ceadeus.

[quote name='botticus']So... sandstorm today?

I don't know what Claw Day is, nor what this half day nonsense is.[/QUOTE]

Claw Day is when the kid sells Wyvern Claws, it's commonly used for making lifepowders and clust s lv2.

Okay this is insane but I just killed Ceadeus on my first run... in 20 mins!

I didn't think you could, but I guess with end game items you definitely can. Lancing underwater is very very very easy, I didn't use ballista, just dragonator twice and kept poking him non stop.

Full Agnaktor+ set with Alatreon's Gleam :: Evasion+2, Guard+2, Razor Sharp, Flaming Aura

Hey you know you can update regular armor to its + versions, with very little item drops instead of making complete brand new armor.

All you need to do is Max it out using Advance Armor Spheres then you'll need something like ex. Ratholos+ Armor=Ratholos webbing + Carapace + Maxed out Ratholos armor and volia! Ratholos+ armor made with mostly regular items!

But if I remember correctly, maxing out low-rank armor just equates it to the level of barebones high-rank armor, correct? Whereas you can then upgrade high-rank armor well beyond it.

What happens is, when you upgrade from low-rank to high-rank armor is you get to keep the stats and slots, the def itself will also be upgraded to high-rank armor's equivalent def and you can use armor spheres to upgrade the def all the way up just as the high-rank armor's equivalent can.

Some things to consider when you reach the point where you can get high-rank armors:

1. Some high-rank armor sets have abilities that low-rank armor sets does not have
2. When mixing armors to get specific abilities, you require mixing both high-rank and low-rank armor to get them.

For Example Hammer Set I use;
Abilities : HG Earplugs, Sharpness +1, Focus

Weapon: Devil's Crush (P) +1 Handicraft (1 Slot)
Helm: Helios Helm+ : +1 Handicraft, +2 Hearing (3 Slots : +4 FastCharge)
Chest: Helios Mail+ : +5 Handicraft, +3 Hearing (No Slots)
Gloves: Yamato Kote+ : +2 FastCharge (3 Slots : +4 FastCharge)
Pants: Helios Coil : +3 Handicraft, +5 Hearing
Boots: Helios Greaves : +5 Handicraft, +3 Hearing
Charm: Dragon Talisman +2 Hearing (2 Slots)

Skill Tree:
+15 Hearing
+15 Handicraft
+10 FastCharge

You can see that both my pants and boots are using the low rank version, the reason is if I use the high rank version, pants and boots will be

Pants: Helios Coil+ : +2 Handicraft, +1 Hearing
Boots: Helios Greaves+ : +4 Handicraft, +4 Hearing
+6 Handicraft, +5 Hearing
vs
Pants: Helios Coil : +3 Handicraft, +5 Hearing
Boots: Helios Greaves : +5 Handicraft, +3 Hearing
+8 Handicraft, +8 Hearing

so I'll be short of +2 Handicraft, +3 Hearing if I use high-rank equivalent gear

Hmm... I heard a lot of somewhat conflicting info on that. I guess in the meantime I'll try it out by maxing out my low-rank Rathian helm since I probably won't get a Ruby anytime soon and see how that goes. Rathian+ helm adds more slots but crappy skill points. Already have everything gemmed to keep Earplugs and avoid Demonic Blessing, which would be harder with the -3 Protection the Rathian+ helm offers.

Also going to get to work today on organizing all my talismans. Probably lots of duplicates or redundant stuff that's making it way too intimidating to even start to look at mixing and matching armors.

bread's done
Back