Monster Hunter Tri

[quote name='bkforyou']what does popfish do?[/QUOTE]

Hmm 2 combination for it ->

Cleanser
Popfish + Catalyst l Success Rate: 90% l Result: 1

Normal S Lv3
Huskberry + Popfish l Success Rate: 95% l Result: 2~4

I bought around 40k z of popfish and turned it all into resources to the guy offline, no need to farm for resources anymore.

I haven't really had to worry about resources much yet. I send the fishing boats out every day, which costs 30p each, but usually earns a minimum of 100p per boat.

I'm hoping I'll be able to take out Lagi offline in one attempt tonight. Planning to bring plenty of traps, max out healing and healing ingredients just in case.

Let me know how that goes.

My first attempt. I brought 1 of each trap and supplies to make two more shock traps. Also enough stuff to make a total of 3 Barrel Bomb L+. I met Lagi on the shoreline while he was in the water. I hopped in and tussled with him for a bit. I then hopped out and set a pitfall trap thinking he would follow me. The jerk left. Shoulda known it wasn't gonna be a good quest from there. I wasted my Bombs later when he shot them with lighting from afar.
I said screw it and ended via sub quest after wounding his chest.

I really like getting a monster in a trap ASAP and setting off bombs, just not comfortable doing that in the water yet. I'm gonna try using a hunting horn to call him out my next time. Not so sure that'll work though.

Good luck.

[quote name='SuperPhillip']Anybody want to quest sometime today? :bouncy:[/QUOTE]

i'm down to play some tonight. 6PM PST ?

In about 20 minutes from this post I plan on doing some rounds of Uragaan event quest (rank 18 required) if I don't see anyone on I'll probably log off and try again some other day.

edit: Well Dro I haven't played since last week so I'm not too burned out (I guess I was though since I haven't played since then). Also it still feels fresh since I'm not level 30 yet.

Last edited by a moderator:
Anyone burnt out of this game yet? I'm surprised you guys are still going pretty strong after nearly almost a month and a week. I haven't played in awhile, but I'll probably pick it up again during the summer. I got finals coming up and have other games I need to play.

Plus, I need to help work on a TF2 Mod. Ed Edd n Eddy TF2 mod.

[quote name='Droenixjpn']Anyone burnt out of this game yet? I'm surprised you guys are still going pretty strong after nearly almost a month and a week. I haven't played in awhile, but I'll probably pick it up again during the summer. I got finals coming up and have other games I need to play.

Plus, I need to help work on a TF2 Mod. Ed Edd n Eddy TF2 mod.[/QUOTE]

Not bored yet, but usually when I play a game I'll play the hell out of it before going onto the next. I also finished my GS set :D Sharpness+1, Focus, Critical Draw! I should try and tackle Alatreon solo with it haha. I actually have a backlog due to this, AC2, UC2, GoW3, Mario Galaxy 1+2 are some of the good ones I really want to play.

It's a well-designed game in that it's hard to be burned out until you've gotten through the single-player (or played dozens of hours of multiplayer) to see most of the monsters at least once. I'm up to 70 hours and seem to have a ways to go, not even considering any grinding for materials.

I had a good time last night getting my ass kicked in 3* online quests. Before that I beat Lagi offline with 3 minutes to spare when he escaped into Area 12, god bless him. Online I died horribly in my first view of mini-Uragaan, then successfully beat big Uragaan with another hunter. First view of Rathalos and Diablos followed. Died a lot, but thankfully didn't lose any quests.

^ Agreed, I'm close to the point where I'll be moving on to the next game though, but can always come back for more. Online makes it fun when you play with decent players, and this game makes you want to explore the other weapons, which you gotta put some time into to grind for materials to make the armors for the weapons.

I hate underwater controls, after so many hours into this I still don't like it very much. Sometimes it makes me feel I have depth perception problem, I'd be in range of the monster to swing but I just keep trying to swim closer, not sure about any of you but happens to me at times. Mini-Uragaan event is awesome haha, takes about 10minutes to solo getting hit only a few times. But as a GS user its pretty easy, just unsheath vertical attack then roll and sheath, I think with any upswing/vertical attacks you can take it out without getting hit. Diablos still annoys the hell out of me, I would say its almost as hard to get a stout horn as a skypiercer from Alatreon. Not many people want to do Diablos, and when you make a lobby it takes forever to fill up at high rank, then you gotta break both horns to get the horns. I'm over 30+ kills and caps (counting low HR) and still not one, just a bunch of majestic horns.

I have the same problems with underwater combat. Half the time I'll think I'm close enough and be swinging at water, and other times I'll think I'm too far away and then realize I'm trying to swim through the monster - and of course by the time I stop and start attacking, he's attacking me or moving :p

Rathian is no match for my Rathian armor. Encountered him during my wyvern egg quest, just decided he needed to go to sleep. So he did 20 minutes later. Of course a second decided to show up as I was approaching base camp, but he knew to leave me alone. Just gotta do that in the real quest, and then Gigginox is my last 4* offline. I'm putting that off as long as possible.

Hopefully future Rath Plates are as easy to come by as my first one was or I'll probably regret having used it on low-rank armor.

SP, I'll probably be going online after this Rathian capture if you'll be around.

[quote name='botticus']Rathian is no match for my Rathian armor. Encountered him during my wyvern egg quest, just decided he needed to go to sleep. So he did 20 minutes later. Of course a second decided to show up as I was approaching base camp, but he knew to leave me alone. Just gotta do that in the real quest, and then Gigginox is my last 4* offline. I'm putting that off as long as possible.

Hopefully future Rath Plates are as easy to come by as my first one was or I'll probably regret having used it on low-rank armor.

SP, I'll probably be going online after this Rathian capture if you'll be around.[/QUOTE]

I thought Rathian was a female and the other one was male. It's the only pair in the game right?

[quote name='Nesrie']I thought Rathian was a female and the other one was male. It's the only pair in the game right?[/QUOTE]
Yeah, but for better or worse I use the masculine when referring to monsters. She sure doesn't look, sound, or act very feminine.

Alright, Rathian down. I think I will deal with Gigginox first since I only have 40 minutes to play right now. I'll be back in an hour or so to go online if anyone's interested.

And down goes Gigginox. fucking poison.

Everyone's talking about this game, and I have leftover birthday money, is this worth my time (also should I try hard to find a copy with the controller?)

[quote name='Gden']Everyone's talking about this game, and I have leftover birthday money, is this worth my time (also should I try hard to find a copy with the controller?)[/QUOTE]
This weekend it will become my most-played Wii game (80+ hours), and I didn't even know if I'd really like it. And the remote/nunchuk is perfectly fine, but I'm sure many prefer the CCPro.

[quote name='SuperPhillip']The PMS Dragon is what the Wikia refers to her as under nicknames.[/QUOTE]
See, I think Rathalos fits that description better. :lol:

Got my Diablos Marrow to upgrade my para sword last night, and ran the gamut of Rathalos, Barioth and Uragaan after. Barioth was remarkably easy, he just doesn't stand still.

Rathalos is way pissier than Rathian, that's my logic.

Debating taking him on offline next. All of this tier scares me solo though. If anyone wants to go online, let me know!

I had to take a breather after three not-even-close defeats at the hand of the stupid bird. Probably back in a half hour for hunting with people better than me.

Sitting in an empty room: Recruiting, Wisdom 1, Gate 40

So many ppl that i need to add --- simply because i cannot send them a message while they are in a mission (stupid system).

Anyway, in a pick up group tonight, I cleared Urgent 3*. Now I just need 800 or so more HR points for HR 31 (and the second half of the game, as I understand).

I hope this game is still going to be played quite actively by you guys during the summer, but if not then I'll hop on the next popular multiplayer game that comes out. :D

Haha, just got dc'd Botticus, gonna head to bed now. That was fun :) hope to play with you again soon, usually not on much on the weekend cuz out with gf until midnight ish EST time. I'll post you some SnS armor combination for you later. Night~

That was some great hunting last night, thanks!

We ended up bailing on that Diablos with the sidequest, though Wedge told me to wait after I had already done so, supposedly he was almost dead - but we were down to our last death so it wasn't looking good.

[quote name='botticus']That was some great hunting last night, thanks!

We ended up bailing on that Diablos with the sidequest, though Wedge told me to wait after I had already done so, supposedly he was almost dead - but we were down to our last death so it wasn't looking good.[/QUOTE]

Ahh i see, I'll help you kill him if you still need it :) he's one crazy monster! I still have yet to obtain a stout horn from him :( not many high rank lobbies out there want to do diablos.

That night was my first time with hammer, and I love it, sorry for knocking you sometimes though haha trying to superpound face gotta practice timing for that! Just need two more Alatreon talons to upgrade so been using Deviljho's mostly that night.

I can actually get this off gamestop's website right now for $27. REALLY tempted. Well, it WOULD be that if my edge card would go through. Gotta wait til tomorrow I guess, after I can clear up my edge card number.

Anyone up for some questing this evening?

Around 6 pm CST or so? I'd love to do more two star quests like slaying and/or capturing the Great Baggi.

I might be around then. I'm going to be checking with the wife if there's anything that needs to be done today, otherwise I'll be hopping on now. Need to do a key Gigginox quest and then I'll probably look at spamming Uragaan until I get his parts and pieces.

I'll be happy to help with 2* stuff if we're both on, since I'm otherwise just HR grinding.

I figure once I get to high-rank, I can chill out a bit, since at that point there will be few quests I couldn't join in on at any time.

[quote name='Gden']Ordered it today, hope I have it soon.[/QUOTE]

Cool. You got it for a good price. If you need help online don't hesitate to ask.

and sorry I haven't been on all week. Just got a new PS3 game. >_> Anyway, I'll try to get some playtime in today. Anyone up for any 1* or 2*or event quests?

[quote name='amari']Cool. You got it for a good price. If you need help online don't hesitate to ask.

and sorry I haven't been on all week. Just got a new PS3 game. >_> Anyway, I'll try to get some playtime in today. Anyone up for any 1* or 2*or event quests?[/QUOTE]

Oooh! Me, me! :bouncy:

[quote name='SuperPhillip']Oooh! Me, me! :bouncy:[/QUOTE]

I can't play right now though, I'm going out to eat. How about in 3 or 4 hours from this post?

Oops, was alittle late. >_< I'll be going on right now and I'll try to be on for about two hours. If anyone wants to join me, please let me know.

EDIT: Ok I played enough..>_< Too bad I didn't play with any CAGs. Maybe next time. Last fight was trying to catch barioth but my team kept dying because they ate bad food constantly. x_x Oh well.

Amari you did play with a CAG. I even sent you a friend request with CAG in it.

I'm really glad I kept my lance on when those other two were bitching to me about changing to a weapon strong against barroth and they end up costing everyone the quest :lol: Also they died because they kept getting hit. At one point 3 longswords, I had no stamina left to block.

I forgot to ask, do you have to do the friend codes crap to play this game, or is it just find people online, and play with them?

Do you mean find people as in doing the 'searching for players' thing? No you just go on into a city and start playing. I don't think any of the newer games do that searching thing like Smash Brothers did, anymore.

Do you mean friend codes to search players? No you can just search player name and it will show you where the player is at so you could warp to them. There is an additional Capcom code number that accompanies a name to ensure you are playing with the right person, it helps differentiate between players who chose the same names for their characters.

The only bad thing is that you can't send messages while a player is off line but that is Capcom's decision since it is their servers.

bread's done
Back