Monster Hunter Tri

I don't think I'll be putting aside the time to go online until this weekend, should have a good amount of free time. I'll need to find some people to take on Barroth and then I can get cracking with 2* online stuff.

[quote name='botticus']I don't think I'll be putting aside the time to go online until this weekend, should have a good amount of free time. I'll need to find some people to take on Barroth and then I can get cracking with 2* online stuff.[/QUOTE]

I'd be willing to help out. Just bring a trap or two!

just got some network error thing.

i'm gonna run to safeway and grab a pizza or something for dinner, should be back in 30 mins or so if ya'll are still around.

good hunts so far peeps.

[quote name='Frankski']omg - you can't send a message (ie, friend request) if someone is in a quest -- how stupid.[/QUOTE]

And you can't join someone in a quest, or send messages to people offline...

How is this better than some Wii online games?

[quote name='SuperPhillip']And you can't join someone in a quest, or send messages to people offline...

How is this better than some Wii online games?[/QUOTE]

Well it's real gameplay online, which is too often a rarity in itself. You can also send messages... heck marior kart is just a bunch of set phrases. The lack of drop n and dro off and inability to message friends, yes annoying.

Thank you Frank, Daisy and Twanky. Wish I would have done that sooner so I could have been getting more experience :lol:

Stopped that Lagi from charging Frank when his health was low with that flash bomb.

Too bad we went overkill on the second Barroth, I was going to type out stop but was too slow with the onscreen keyboard. Was setting the trap at the same time we failed it.

gah that is so frustrating, i'm thinking of equipping the perception skill i think that's what it is that lets you know when the monster is ready to capture.

On a side note is was nice to play with a full party of CAGs, nobody died on a single quest, fun stuff!

That was pretty awesome how we dismantled that Barroth within the first couple of minutes. I never saw the second one start limping though. Sorry for killing it.

But I'm glad we could get your urgent done Mad D. I haven't even started on the three star quests yet. They look like real doozies and I'm not too eager to fight Rathalos again :lol:

twanky, what hammer was that you had? I want one.

That's because we beat it so bad we didn't give it time to limp :rofl:

When I logged off I accidentally canceled when it asked to save, luckily it was saving for the town part only since the games saves at the end of quest. I would have been pretty upset.

I kept wanting to go back to the Gobul lance after seeing CK and Frank use it and paralyzing the enemies but I like the Shark lance since it has a blue sharpness level. Plus I like how punching giant monsters in the face and groin with a giant shark corpse on my fist looks like.

I also keep restraining myself from doing what I do in single player after pitfall trapping. Whem I drop 2 large bomb+ and then a small bomb+ to set them all off and run away doing the running dive through the air to do a cinematic explosion on the monster. I want to see what that would do to a monster if all 4 players dropped a couple Large Bomb+'s at the same time :lol: Who wants to try that next time?

Last edited by a moderator:
Qurupeco and Gobul parts
Attack:
Attrib: 170 Paralyze
Affinity: 5%

I think Twanky's hammer had Thunder.
--
D, that shark was making me laugh the entire night. That's so awesome.

Its a rustshard hammer, with dragon attrib. 832 ATK w00t!

After everyone got off i played a couple more with another friend i met, and we tackled some 3* quests.

Diablos is terrifying.

Indeed Diablos is terrifying :( lance is the way to go on him, poke poke his head haha, and bring lots of sonic bombs!

I finally upgraded my armor :D Evasion +2, Crit Draw, Focus in one set. Now I need to tackle Devil Joe so I can swap out Evasion +2 for Sharpness +1. And I am seriously too into volcano mining x__x, 1.5mil z and 2 ancient weapons, ancient lance and ancient sword :D

[quote name='twanky']i'm guessing for ancient weapons you need to be a high rank to mine?

Looks like you're gonna have a mixed armor set eh.[/QUOTE]

Yep, once you hit 5* you can just solo the Uroktor quest. What you do is just kill the Rhenoplos and end via sub quest to do it quick. Also, in High Rank quests you spawn randomly on the map, you can even spawn in the secret zone where there will be a special mining node(contains better drops) and also a bug node/bone node (depends on where) for you to yield materials. If you eat food and get Felyne Explorer, you have 100% chance to spawn up there, every map has a secret spot. If you are planning to mine farm, just note that only area 5 will have respawns, so pick up every node you see and end up going back to area 5. Agnaktor will sometimes come out and look around there as well, if you crouch by the 2 entrances and not move he won't even see you, he'll kinda inch forward to you and there is a suspense sound playing and look away after a bit :lol: It's worth crafting the leather set just for gathering nodes as well, sometimes I come out after 20 minutes and I don't even have a broken pickaxe.

Yea end game you'll mix armor set, you don't have to but it'll help yield 3+ skills. I think lance set is pretty much just one end game set though? The Agnaktor+ set and switch out one piece for Guard Boost, if you like old MH style of lancing you can just wear full Agnaktor+ set for Evasion+2.

It should be alright, biggest problem is trying to farm for the charm that you need, it has a huge impact on how you gem your gear and what weapon (cause of # of slot) you use. I saw this set with the same skills as I have that someone made, but he had a better charm (just by 1 point too) so my set ended up being like two pieces different.

Haven't had too much luck with online parties outside of my IRL friend circle. If anybody wants some low level support for a quest or two, look for me: Ced, HR 10 Gunner.

So low HR, lol. I'll need to schedule a play session this weekend probably, and spend some time with my Wii. I need to hit lvl 20 on Tauren Shaman on WoW though...

[quote name='ced']Haven't had too much luck with online parties outside of my IRL friend circle. If anybody wants some low level support for a quest or two, look for me: Ced, HR 10 Gunner.[/QUOTE]

Hey, I'll be down to do some quests with ya. I'm also pretty low level. HR4. Let's do some event quests for the sharq attack lance?

holymotherofgoddamnedbullshit.

did the "get my ass some bloodstones" quest in tundra, farming issidium as i go. life is good.

suddenly, that shit is gone from the quest list. i'm thinking wtf, but no big theres that hunt a baggi quest in tundra too so i can use that to continue farming. go mining, get an excellent haul something like 10 isisdium bunch of jewels, iron, a nice haul, nothing amazing but nice. so i abandon quest and lololool all my shit is gone. apparently the game magically fucks all the items you have in your inventory right out of your ass if you abandon a quest.

Yea, you lose everything and reverts to what you had before you entered the quest, I think it even warns you when you go to abandon the quest. The quest disappearing also happens to me a lot when I high rank volcano farm, what you do is just go back to main menu and re-enter the server, it'll reset your quest list and you'll most likely get it again.

5* Urgent,
Alatreon
, last boss!! :( Gonna need to upgrade everything fully before I can even attempt this.

Some guy is trying to help me, failed first round cuz of bad positioning, but its not too hard.

about to hop on for a bit if anyone cares to do a couple of quests, 3* preferably

*nvm, gonna take a break today.

[quote name='twanky']Its a rustshard hammer, with dragon attrib. 832 ATK w00t! [/QUOTE]
After reading this and the guides I decided to try out some of this rustshard funny business for myself. Then the very next shard I get is the Hammer :whee:
But I still had to get 2 snow sacs to upgrade it, so I quickly manhandled Barioth
OK, honestly that fight took everything I had! Bombs, traps, potions, flash bombs, and all the things I made on the spot. I couldn't even pick up the map at the start because I brought so much stuff! Then even with broken tusks, drooling, and both side quests already completed, he still wasn't ready to be captured! I ended up having to chase him down and kill him with only 46 seconds to spare :cool: Now it looks like Diablos is next...
This dragon element should be interesting.

^ ooo grats on your new weapon :) and
Barioth is annoying, jumping around like a madman
I have beaten the last online boss! But sadly it was not my urgent haha...

[quote name='Droenixjpn']Grats Myv. :D How was Alatreon btw?[/QUOTE]

Nvm he's dead :) I have beaten him and finished my urgent, he is a lot of fun, its not actually that hard tbqh, I got a gem on my first kill too :D

On that note though, I ended up using 10 mega pot, 10 pot, 3 lifepowder, mats for 10 megapots (1 failed to be combined in battle -> garbage lol), be prepared for this fight it might be long if you just run around chopping at his legs. There are strats to get his head stuck to break his horns as well, or barrel bombing (this has been done in 45s flat by Japanese players)

It's time for you to catch up!! gogogo less WoW, hahaha, I used to play WoW a lot too :x Beaten all bosses since the game started and LK pre-buff in the citadel and season 1-5 gladiator lol after quitting, that game was such a time sink due to raiding and scheduled arena (+raging on tournament realm)

Ug, finally beat Lagi offline. It is a pain in the ass not having anyone who can effectively draw his attention while beating him down. So much easier online, when you all can coordinate. I died twice because I couldn't dodge out of his way fast enough (Lance >

[quote name='Frankski']Ug, finally beat Lagi offline. It is a pain in the ass not having anyone who can effectively draw his attention while beating him down. So much easier online, when you all can coordinate. I died twice because I couldn't dodge out of his way fast enough (Lance >

i also did lagi yesterday, though it was just the repel quest. it ended very quickly (also using lance) so i'm feeling pretty good about that. took it online to fight him in the arena and barely scraped by (i truly was alone in there, no cha-cha). Need to unlock the volcano area now.

Thinking of heading back on this soon, since don't think I'm getting WoW today, so I'll play a few sessions online later on.

Frank, do you use the shield bash move to go through Lagi's attacks? When you do that it's like a free hit because it only depletes the stamina from the forward movement instead of the hit from the monster that would take like a quarter of your stamina away. You could tank Barroth and Lagiacrus's attacks that way and go right back into attacking.

Played against the Uragaan last night. He was much quicker to kill than Barroth, I thought I was only half way through then suddenly he just fell over and died. Then I played
Ceadus but ran out of time because I wasted the in level trap, and immediately started to swim towards the top to see if I could reach the surface. It was a waste of time

If anyone wants to do some 3* online later I'll probably join them.

[quote name='Mad D']Frank, do you use the shield bash move to go through Lagi's attacks? When you do that it's like a free hit because it only depletes the stamina from the forward movement instead of the hit from the monster that would take like a quarter of your stamina away. You could tank Barroth and Lagiacrus's attacks that way and go right back into attacking.

Played against the Uragaan last night. He was much quicker to kill than Barroth, I thought I was only half way through then suddenly he just fell over and died. Then I played
Ceadus but ran out of time because I wasted the in level trap, and immediately started to swim towards the top to see if I could reach the surface. It was a waste of time

If anyone wants to do some 3* online later I'll probably join them.[/QUOTE]

Yeah I found Uragaan to be very easy compared to Barroth.

I also need to do 3* quests as well. I'll be online at 10PM tonight. (About 4 hours and 15 mintues from this post.) I'll check back here by then to see if anyone wants to do something.

[quote name='Mad D']Wait, think I'm going to eat dinner first. Be on in 30 minutes.[/QUOTE]

No problem. Just say when, and I'll make a room.

Is your room full, currently? If not, is it ok if I join in?

EDIT: Ah your room is full. I'll just do some quests then head to bed.

And sorry I wasn't on earlier, when out to eat.

That was fun, you guys and girl.
I had to go. I was playing for three hours straight and needed to call it quits.
Maybe we can capture Gobul and Rathian next time?

bread's done
Back