Monster Hunter Tri

Droenix, sorry I couldn't play very long. My parents decided that they wanted to watch the TV the Wii was hooked up to, so I got kicked off.

Also, I thought we were going to lose as soon as the Royal Ludroth came while we were fighting the Qurupeco.

Lol, yeah. That's why I was like "RUN!". Qurupeco fights can be annoying, especially since he has a nice amount of moves that are fast and not easily dodged.

Like after he does his little Fire Clap, he could just charge at you with his beak. Or something. It makes the game a bit more interesting, but a lot harder. I think you should try and make a Jaggi set instead of a Chainmail set.

I'm online now. Just got home and found out they boot you if you're inactive so that is why no one could find me lol.

Edit: seems like no one is on at all :cry:

Last edited by a moderator:
Anyone know what the max number of letters you can have in your name is? Getting this game tomorrow, so I'm trying to figure out a good name for my d00d, haha. Hope I get to join up with some of you guys soon.

Lorddraco07 - Yeah, sorry. I planned on coming on to play at 10PM, but as you can see from my previous post, that didn't really pan out. We can try again another time though.

Bavgate - I don't know what the exact limit is. Mine is 7 letters, so you can probably go up to around 10. Feel free to play with us oine whenever you want, everyone here is very beginner-friendly.

[quote name='Bavgate']Anyone know what the max number of letters you can have in your name is? Getting this game tomorrow, so I'm trying to figure out a good name for my d00d, haha. Hope I get to join up with some of you guys soon.[/QUOTE]

I think it's 8, not 100% sure though

Thanks for the info, guys! Much appreciated.

I doubt I'll be able to play this game until next week, since my friend is borrowing my Wii, but I'll be sure to add my name to the spreadsheet and add you all when I have the time.

Messed around online tonight with some random hunts and god was that fun. Did a bunch of the 1 star quests and got HR 6. Sadly I have to go to bed or I would have continued lol. I'll be on tomorrow night (after 5pm) if anyone wants to play.

random question - i ordered form gs for the free 500 pts. but i cant find it anywhere - email or package. any one order from gs and get his/her?

does what you do in single player carry over into online? eg: got armor. can you use in online?

My time is pretty screwed due to school, but somehow I've still managed to squeeze in 16+ hours already LOL! What can I say? I loves me some Monster Hunter! Hope to see some of you online (my code is in my sig)! ^_^

Progress: So far I have complete the offline level 1 and 2 quests, and told myself I wouldn't purchase ANY armor until I finally got KO'd, which happened during my first Great Jaggi fight haha! So yeah, I was running around in my standard issue MH underoos for a while! Plan to do some online tonight hopefully!

[quote name='SuperPhillip']I think you were supposed to get it from your Gamestop clerk over the counter.[/QUOTE]

Yeah this here. It is not in the box or anything, they were supposed to hand it to you, scanning it first of course.

[quote name='Droenixjpn']So you're in Knoxximus? What times can you play? Anyone else up for playing tonight?[/QUOTE]

I'm up for a session tonight, though I won't be able to get on until 11 pm EST. A forewarning though, this is my first MH game and I've only completed 3 1-star quests so far. Hopefully I can join up with some CAG's tonight as Capcom will make me switch gears for at least a week with Super Street Fighter IV starting tomorrow.

^^^^^^ agreed, sorry wjhard. Due to school for the week, my schedule is really up in the air. If anyone wants to play online, post here before you go online. I'll regularly check this thread and if it fits my schedule, I'll post and then hop online to find you.

Whenever you want then, btw HR9 now, but I really should be HR10, since I hunted a lot of barroths online, giving me around 800ish HR points. :p

[quote name='Droenixjpn']Yep, here it is King: http://monsterhunter.wikia.com/wiki/MH3:_HR_Guide[/QUOTE]

I'm 20 points from Rank 4. Lame.

I just started my Rank 3 quests offline. Nothing too bad so far, but I know what I've got coming up at the end of them. It took me about 45 minutes to take one down with 2 people, I'd hate to see what i'll take by myself.

Hmm, what'd you take down? A Royal Ludroth? They are a pain.... or were at least.

Gobul is quite annoying. I don't know if I want to upgrade my Bone Axe+ to a Lagiacrus one or Barroth one. :/

I plan to go on around 8PM - 8:30PM. Still HR 4, but I've started my Jaggi armor. So far only have the coat because I have to go get some Machalite Ore from second star quests.

Just finished my review for the game. You can read it either on the site I write for, or on CAG.

[quote name='Droenixjpn']So you're in Knoxximus? What times can you play? Anyone else up for playing tonight?[/QUOTE]

I will be on tonight NLT 9PM PST. I can really get down Tuesday and Wednesday night cause I'm off on Wednesday and Thursday.:cool:

Ahh Qurupeco. :D He can be annoying when he calls other monsters in. :/

Can't wait to play online! Ahh Knoxximus is your time NLT or PST? (Dunno if NLT is a time zone or not).

@Droenixjpn - NLT is not a time zone (I saw that before PST and was like WFT???). He won't be on until midnight our time.

All right, I'll connect and will be waiting

EDIT

Ah sorry Dro, wouldn't let me warp to you since you weren't in a game. My 30 minutes is up, I'll try to get on later though.

[quote name='enufs8d']
does what you do in single player carry over into online? eg: got armor. can you use in online?[/QUOTE]

Yes, and vice versa

Rolling blackout kicked my online ass XD

Tried to play with Mad D, but his town was full. Kind of a blessing in disguise because I have a lot of crap to do.

Accidently deleted Richard's request, it didn't register on friend list. Next time.

At least I got an annoying capture quest done with Dro, we beat the ish out of that monster. Good thing that other guy had a hammer to knock it out when we ran out of tranquilizers.

[quote name='Droenixjpn']Ahh Qurupeco. :D He can be annoying when he calls other monsters in. :/

Can't wait to play online! Ahh Knoxximus is your time NLT or PST? (Dunno if NLT is a time zone or not).[/QUOTE]

It's not really that. It's just that he takes a ton of swipes to kill.

Two people looking for another pair to tackle the event quest - anyone interested? Recruiting > Wisdom 1 > Gate 40 > City 1

Q7TGUV

Homework taking longer than expected...hope to be on by 10:00 PST!:bouncy:

Aftermath: Well, got on at around 10:20. Managed 2 quests to get to HR 3. Time for bed but I'll be on much earlier tomorrow.

Finals Week for me is in mid-June :/

Think I hit HR 10 last night as well. I hunted a Great Baggi last night, it's not bad, just pretty much like the Jaggi except with a Ice Ball attack.

Managed to finish the event quest with 4 people with a minute to spare last night. And I really need to get a wireless USB keyboard, I think. Wii Speak is semi-functional, but particularly for a mission like that, if even one person doesn't have it, you have to type anyway. I do hope they fix whatever (hopefully) server-side issue they have with the voice chat. No reason it should be that difficult to hear in-game.

At least hunting missions will generally require less communication.

I'll be on later tonight if anyone wants to hang out, probably starting at like 8-9 EST. I'm HR 8 right now and at the Online 1 Star Urgent.

Character Name: Celes
Code: 8Y48RA

Alright I'll play icebeast, I'll start heading on around 5:30-6:00 pm EST.

Going to play some Star Wars The Force Unleashed and eat dinner.

I can meet up at 6pm EST. My info is in the listing in the OP. I need to finish two 1-star quests so I can unlock the 2-star quests.

I'm only at HR5 right now, but that should be good enough for a few quests.

bread's done
Back