MORTAL KOMBAT!!!! - "Komplete Edition" coming Feb 28th - see post 970

Anyone have a problem unlocking Mileena's 2nd alt costume? Going through the arcade tower at the moment starting from the top to unlock every ending/alt costume. When I completed it with Mileena I didn't get a prompt to go to the Nekropolis to unlock her second costume. I do have access to her ending and already have her third costume from the challenge tower.

Also not sure what to make of the retro dlc. I really like the game (having a blast just with single player stuff, not gonna dip in the online pool till the patch is in) but don't know if I want to pay for any of the stuff already on the disc. On the other hand, pretty sure I'll pony up for Kenshi/Skarlett.

People who spent $120 on Reptile's Klassic are going to be piiiiiiiiissed.

Is Kenshi going to be free DLC? He's my favorite MK character, but I don't really feel like paying for him.

Not buying the classic pack. I'll wait and see if they bust it out into individual costumes - it would not surprise me at all to see 'em do it after all the people bought the more expensive full pack. Sorta a reverse SF4 thing.

If not, maybe I'll buy it down the line when it's discounted. No reason for me to wind up rebuying 3 costumes, especially at whatever full price is. Including Ermac is especially insulting since almost everyone who has the game probably has that one.

Boon's Twitter also says more info on Skarlet is coming on Monday.

Boon did mention some free stuff was coming. Part of me thinks that the classic pack will be free and the characters will cost money. Part of me thinks they'd be stupid not to charge for it though.

If the costume pack somehow winds up being free, it'll be twice as funny for those who DIDN'T pony up 100 fucking dollars for a costume :lol:

Looks like they'll finally be updating the very meager avatar clothing selection soon - this is from the MK Facebook page:

2eb8rh5.jpg

Still annoyed there's no full Shao Kahn outfit, and adding a bunch of headpieces with no complete costume seems pretty stupid to me...but that Kano mask will probably be bought by me anyway.

selling headpieces lets you mix and match with other outfits, some helmets look sick on other game's armor. *shrugs* that said...wtf man...no kung lao yet?

[quote name='Sway']Hmmm, do my eyes deceive me or did Sub Zero turn into Smoke at the very end? Hopefully one of many secrets in the DLC?[/QUOTE]

its a bug when a classic vs classic costume fight each other.

[quote name='LordCrono27']its a bug when a classic vs classic costume fight each other.[/QUOTE]

Bah! I wonder why they didn't include classic Smoke.

Since this classic DLC isn't free, I wonder what Boon meant from this tweet:
RT @drakepiaget Make a free DLC please @noobde Noobde: Ask & u shall receive! :D
http://twitter.com/#!/noobde/status/68027834362380290

*edit: I'll still believe in Smoke. They wouldn't put in a bug like that and show it at the very end, leaving you wondering....would they?

400 pts for all the skins is decent.

They'll probably have classic smoke and the others, look at the avatar outfits...they have classic smoke already. It'll probably just be part of another outfit bundle.

Kind of sucks for the people who bought the KE/TE that the Ermac skin is included. I'd probably buy it for 400 points if they included MK3 Cyrax and Sektor, but now I'll just wait for the pack to go on sale.

I'm only missing Jade, Mileena, and Reptile...I'll probably pass unless it goes on sale.
(ermace/subzero from TE edition, 2 kitana's from TRU traded and sold (games as well) netting me a scoprion and a kitana + profit)

Not a bad price, but I'm still not buying it. I already have Ermac, Sub-Zero, and Reptile. It'll be discounted someday, I may buy it then. They could have at least fucking broke it out into male & female packs or something. Ugh.

[quote name='100xp']selling headpieces lets you mix and match with other outfits, some helmets look sick on other game's armor. *shrugs* that said...wtf man...no kung lao yet?[/QUOTE]
Yeah, but many games give you at least the option to buy the headpiece and the associated outfit separately. Selling a something like a Shao Kahn mask with no outfit doesn't make any sense to me.

[quote name='KaneRobot']Yeah, but many games give you at least the option to buy the headpiece and the associated outfit separately. Selling a something like a Shao Kahn mask with no outfit doesn't make any sense to me.[/QUOTE]

my guess is the Shao Kahn outfit is too revealing for XBL, same reason why there's currently no weapons for your avatar outside of lightsabers and finally a bo staff. it used to be just the q-tip and the toilet paper roll sword (but fireworks w/a lighter is perfectly okay)...maybe someday when someone does a good Heman game right for XBL they'll have similar outfits so you could almost look like Shao Kahn.

$5 for all of them + 3 fatalities? Not bad at all.
lol @ people who spent like $50+ on these.

I really would like classic, er, Klassic Kostumes available for everyone. MK 3 Sonya plz

If they include a costume for Klassic Smoke in this pack or another pack, i'm buying it. Love me some Klassic Smoke.

I never really understood the appeal in buying Avatar gear for Mortal Kombat, let alone anything. No one ever really sees your Avatar. I guess the whole King Of The Hill business is more of an incentive.

[quote name='bsmiff']Sold my Kitana code for $10 and now I can get all the classic costumes for $5. Uh, nice.[/QUOTE]

Ditto for me, except I managed to sell mine for $25. I never buy DLC but Mortal Kombat runs thru my veins. Boon knows the way to my heart.

What ever happened to the other co creator, Tobias?

Title says pre-order costumes will be out 6/7, any word on release of the classic fatalities that were included in certain pre-order?

[quote name='nas6034']Title says pre-order costumes will be out 6/7, any word on release of the classic fatalities that were included in certain pre-order?[/QUOTE]
It's all included together. Wasn't room in the title to add "and fatalities" or whatever.

So I've played this game so little I haven't used my arcade sticks with this game yet. What are CAG's fave button configs for the 8 button layout? I don't think I'm ever gona get a Combat Panel.

[quote name='BackInBlack']So I've played this game so little I haven't used my arcade sticks with this game yet. What are CAG's fave button configs for the 8 button layout? I don't think I'm ever gona get a Combat Panel.[/QUOTE]

I use pad, but I know a lot of people like a variation of:

LP BL HP
LK Stance HK

This allows easy access to EX moves and X-Ray (which is Block + Stance Switch). You may switch out the Stance Switch for Tag. I think you can do X-ray with another combination of buttons... like BL + HP + HK?

[quote name='GuardianE']I use pad, but I know a lot of people like a variation of:

LP BL HP
LK Stance HK

This allows easy access to EX moves and X-Ray (which is Block + Stance Switch). You may switch out the Stance Switch for Tag. I think you can do X-ray with another combination of buttons... like BL + HP + HK?[/QUOTE]

Thanks, do you mean mean FP/BP, FK/BK tho?

[quote name='BackInBlack']Thanks, do you mean mean FP/BP, FK/BK tho?[/QUOTE]

Was there ever an explanation as to why the switch from low/high punch and kick to forward/back punch and kick? Just curious. I also miss some of the more eclectic ways to perform moves from old mk games that set it apart a bit (ie lp+bl = nut punch), but I'm having a lot of fun.

Yep, I use Capcom designated attacks of Light and Heavy because they're easier for me to remember. But basically, I assign my rightmost attacks to the punch and kick that perform the uppercut/sweep.

[quote name='handsomepete']Was there ever an explanation as to why the switch from low/high punch and kick to forward/back punch and kick? Just curious. I also miss some of the more eclectic ways to perform moves from old mk games that set it apart a bit (ie lp+bl = nut punch), but I'm having a lot of fun.[/QUOTE]

I don't think they ever provided an explanation. It may have been part of their effort to standardize commands across characters or make them more SF-esque.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah, the layout I've been using which originated with Jimbo Slice is.

FP BL BP
FK Stance BK

First column throws, second gives you X-ray (stance is FK+BK), third tags. Works really well.

Personally I think Tekken notation works the best for this game. Especially when talking about combos/strings.

FP = 1 / BP = 2 / FK = 3 / BK = 4

[quote name='giantqtipz']I guess its not patched yet[/QUOTE]
Click back to page 32.

[quote name='Jimbo Slice']is the online still basically unplayable?[/QUOTE]

It's not great, but 1v1 player matches aren't too bad if you both have solid connections. Working around the lobby system bugs and large party lag can be a pain, though.

[quote name='GuardianE']It's not great, but 1v1 player matches aren't too bad if you both have solid connections. Working around the lobby system bugs and large party lag can be a pain, though.[/QUOTE]

Going into rank or player match is a gamble.

I have no lag issues when jumping into a room and challenging players with solid connections.

[quote name='UndyingForce']Going into rank or player match is a gamble.

I have no lag issues when jumping into a room and challenging players with solid connections.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I noticed when playing Ranked again today. It was rare to NOT have awful amounts of lag during the match in Ranked.

Strangely enough, the lag wasn't a consistent slowdown either. It would sporadically drop in and out... sometimes the entire first half of a match would be stop motion, and the second half fine. Netherrealm really needs to get on this patch pronto.

[quote name='LordCrono27']its a bug when a classic vs classic costume fight each other.[/QUOTE]
But why would they let something like that slip in an official video??

And I'm doing it mostly for the ninjas, particularly Reptile (he looks awesome in his classic green).

I think the gals look way better in their new outfits, particularly Mileena.

[quote name='Jimbo Slice']I really gotta play this some more.... haven't touched it since like a week after it released[/QUOTE]

Same here...I've been off it for about 3 weeks now, but I'm in no way sick of it. Just waiting for the online patch and praying that KotH is improved - I don't expect something flawless since I know a lot is going on there, but just improving it would go a long way with me.

bread's done
Back