MORTAL KOMBAT!!!! - "Komplete Edition" coming Feb 28th - see post 970

hey, so a new patch came out. i usually play 1vs1, but it took too long to find one so i played my first KOTH.

is it supposed to be laggy? it feels like a 1vs1 match. people are saying that the game is better or even lag-free. but i dont know if theyre referring to 1vs1 and tag, because KOTH is laggy as fudge

KOTH is a little better, and I've read reports that Ranked is much better as well. There are some desynchronization bugs, though, and it's allegedly tied to the pre-order DLC packs. If you have a pre-order download, try deleting it and going back online.

man...I don't know any 2 y/o's that play that well. I do know some 2 y/o's however that know the difference between Your and You're. lol...I bet the voice hate mail are gems as well.

[quote name='Kurayami']I think the problem with KOTH last night was due to Joe's connection. Every other match I played had little to no lag.[/QUOTE]

I think it might have been a combination. MK's twitter talked about desync issues with the klassic skins. I realize that every time I tried to play him, I tried selecting Klassic Skin Sub Zero. That could have done it.

ok so i bought the season pass.

now how the hell do I download Skarlet. Its charging me on the download screen within the game even though it says I have purchased the season pass.

[quote name='guyver2077']ok so i bought the season pass.

now how the hell do I download Skarlet. Its charging me on the download screen within the game even though it says I have purchased the season pass.[/QUOTE]

Just bought it too. Running into the same problem. I read online that a bunch of people are. I'm getting sick of how the online is implemented in this game. It's fucking awful. :cry:

[quote name='GuardianE']Just bought it too. Running into the same problem. I read online that a bunch of people are. I'm getting sick of how the online is implemented in this game. It's fucking awful. :cry:[/QUOTE]

Once you buy the season pass, I think you might have to boot up the game and download her from inside the game.

[quote name='jonathanp']Once you buy the season pass, I think you might have to boot up the game and download her from inside the game.[/QUOTE]

Tried that. Tried restarting the game a few times too. Nothing works.

yea it seems your screwed if you bought the pass from the dashboard...instead of through in game..

what a piece of shit...

Temp. workaround is if you download the compat. pack, you can play with skarlet

Yeah the in-game store actually says something like "don't buy this from the dashboard, to avoid having to buy it twice".

My guess is if you bought it from the dashboard you will have to find a way to get skarlet from the dashboard as well.

Did I totally misunderstand something or was the costume stuff suppose to be "free" with the purchase of the pass or packs? Why does it show up as an extra 400 point purchase?

did anyone figure out the best way/place to download the Season Pass and actually get Skarlet without having to finesse or buy it twice?

[quote name='100xp']did anyone figure out the best way/place to download the Season Pass and actually get Skarlet without having to finesse or buy it twice?[/QUOTE]
Personally I booted up the game and downloaded it from the main menu and then got Skarlet from there as well with no problems.

I'm. It digging on Rain's appearance. I thnk they made Ermac, Noob and even Smoke different enough looking from Scorpion and SubZero. Make Rain look more unique looking as well.

[quote name='Ziv']I'm. It digging on Rain's appearance. I thnk they made Ermac, Noob and even Smoke different enough looking from Scorpion and SubZero. Make Rain look more unique looking as well.[/QUOTE]

I'm not so sure. Noob was alright, but everyone was clamoring for the classic costumes for everyone else. They need to at least make the alternate the classic.

[quote name='GUNNM']Yeah the klassic costumes looked really cool. Wish they kept reptile's human face though[/QUOTE]

??? He does have a human face. Just sort of reptile eyes.

I liked human reptile more, the new reptile looks too birdlike which is probably more accurate but...it's still a fighting game with fantasy elements. I like my reptiles more human (at least in MK).

...and the sektor/cyrax download crashed my game.

Same here. Buy it in game if you haven't bought it already. AFter I got the pass from in-game, when I went to the screen that lets you buy Skarlet it said "0 Points" instead of 400 and you can get it from there.

[quote name='GUNNM']Not when he does his klassic fatality
I know its a small thing but I dunno I just liked human reptile more[/QUOTE]

But Reptile never had a human face during his fatality in MKII. I mean, they would probably get more negative flack for leaving a human face during the fatality than not. They're trying to remain faithful, after all.

hrm I guess you're right about the face changing when he took off his mask been a while since I played but all of that will change soon amiright

Is it safe to wait until all four characters are revealed before buying anything? Or will the $15 Season Pass deal expire at some point?

i got a question for all you single ladies (lol.. dont ask im bored)

do you guys have any recommendations on which controller to use with this game? preferably with separate dpad and not jumbled up like the regular xbox controller.

i play reptile and i always slip when pulling off moves with back-forward commands.

[quote name='giantqtipz']i got a question for all you single ladies (lol.. dont ask im bored)

do you guys have any recommendations on which controller to use with this game? preferably with separate dpad and not jumbled up like the regular xbox controller.

i play reptile and i always slip when pulling off moves with back-forward commands.[/QUOTE]

Two options, really: a) get a fightstick or b) get a Madcatz fightpad.

[quote name='GuardianE']Two options, really: a) get a fightstick or b) get a Madcatz fightpad.[/QUOTE]

those SF fightpads?

im considering the Hori EX 2 Turbo and also Razer Onza, but im trying to get a second opinion on them... a lot of people have recommended me the SF fightpads though. is that really the best controller to use for this game?

what do you use?

[quote name='giantqtipz']those SF fightpads?

im considering the Hori EX 2 Turbo and also Razer Onza, but im trying to get a second opinion on them... a lot of people have recommended me the SF fightpads though. is that really the best controller to use for this game?

what do you use?[/QUOTE]

Yeah, SF pads. That's what I use. I actually have a Madcatz TE stick as well, but I don't use it.

Most people will tell you to use a stick for this game. That's really your best option. The SF pads are nice, though, and can obviously work with other fighting games as well. I don't really have too many problems with them in this game as long as you set your buttons correctly. They personally work really well for me, but some people don't like them as much.

[quote name='giantqtipz']those SF fightpads?

what do you use?[/QUOTE]

People say the Razor's d-pad is crummy. Hori EX 2 all the way, man. It's far superior to the SF Fight Pads.

haha ok will buy it now on amazon!

also dont the tourney players use controllers?

that last tournament where the final was between Subzero and Kung lao, the players used PS3 controllers didnt they?

well anyway, i already have the MK TE fightstick, but i only bought it just for keeps.. i love MK lol.. so ill just use a controller.

thanks for the suggestion guys, helped alot

[quote name='giantqtipz']haha ok will buy it now on amazon!

also dont the tourney players use controllers?

that last tournament where the final was between Subzero and Kung lao, the players used PS3 controllers didnt they?

well anyway, i already have the MK TE fightstick, but i only bought it just for keeps.. i love MK lol.. so ill just use a controller.

thanks for the suggestion guys, helped alot[/QUOTE]

Some do use pads. And none I've heard of use the Hori EX2. Can't vouch for it, so it's your call. Some prefer the PS3 controller, like Perfect Legend. Some use Madcatz pads. Some Marvel players actually use the 360 pad.

The Hori pad is just less well known since you have to buy it at Amazon and such. But it's easily the best fighting pad for 360. Not that a stick wouldn't be great too, but Qtipz was interested in pads, so...

[quote name='Trakan']Surprised nobody posted about this, but more classic costumes coming with compatibility pack 2.

[/QUOTE]

Awesome, was hoping we'd get to round out the ninjas with Noob & Smoke. Still ain't buying that first skins back until it's on sale though...I suppose Scorpion will be the lone male to not have his retro outfit.

[quote name='KaneRobot']Awesome, was hoping we'd get to round out the ninjas with Noob & Smoke. Still ain't buying that first skins back until it's on sale though...I suppose Scorpion will be the lone male to not have his retro outfit.[/QUOTE]

Retro as in the MK1 outfit? Its in the classic pack or pre order dlc

Probably wasn't clear - I already had Sub-Zero, Reptile, and Ermac (since I bought the TE and KE from different stores). I don't have Scorpion since I didn't buy from Gamestop and I'm not inclined to buy the pack just for the girls + Scorpion outfit at that price.

[quote name='KaneRobot']Kenshi is up in-game.[/QUOTE]

Who wants to play tonight!?!? Kane did you mean to send me a party invite the other night on XBL? I tried to hop in there but you got offline before I could join.

[quote name='FrankySox']Who wants to play tonight!?!? Kane did you mean to send me a party invite the other night on XBL? I tried to hop in there but you got offline before I could join.[/QUOTE]

I will play.

[quote name='GUNNM']he is based off of a prince cd[/QUOTE]

I know...but Rain is Rain, Prince can be as flamboyant as he wants to.

bread's done
Back