MORTAL KOMBAT!!!! - "Komplete Edition" coming Feb 28th - see post 970

That picture of Kano looked awful.

KanoWood-vi.jpg

[quote name='seanr1221']That picture of Kano looked awful.

KanoWood-vi.jpg
[/QUOTE]

That's how he's always looked, just not blocky. I guess the cancelled HD collection's visuals are divisive. Since the characters were always supposed to look like real people, I enjoy seeing the extra details. We've seen them all pixelated dozens of times, so the new look would have been cool IMO.

[quote name='seanr1221']That picture of Kano looked awful.

KanoWood-vi.jpg
[/QUOTE]
The real question from all this is...Where the hell are Kano's legs?

Besides that, I always wondered what a Mortal Kombat game with live actors again would look like. Looks like may not ever know now.

The HD Kollection looks like it would have been pretty awesome. On the bright side, we're still getting (hopefully) arcade perfect ports of all three games at an extremely reasonable price and within the next few months.

Keep in mind that it took Capcom forever to put out ST HD Remix. I know it was partially Udon's fault with the art and working within a smaller XBLA/PSN file size but the same might have happened with this title, hence the cancellation. As long as the MK Kollection has button config, decent netcode, and lobby support - I really don't mind the lack of HD.

the moves look weird. reminds me of ermac in mk3 lol because i found the execution of his moves awkward in that game. forgot how rain was though.

he looks pretty mighty. wasn't a big fan of Skarlet, Kenshi is fun...Rain looks like he'll be a lot of fun to play. looking fwd to rain.

ps. reptile wants his EX acid glob back.

I've always been more of a Street Fighter guy but the more I play the new MK the more I like it. I'm very happy with Skarlet and Rain looks pretty sweet, I'm glad I shelled out for the season pass.

season pass was a good deal, a shame Capcom doesn't have something like that. I can't wait to go "bloooooop!" on my buddies w/rain.

I know I said that I would get a new controller. But I never purchased one until today. I grew frustrated of inputting the wrong moves by accident. The 360 pad sucks so much. Also the slight lag doesn't help either with combos. I almost always end up comboing into thin air when juggling opponents, leaving me vulnerable for counter attack -_-

Sometimes i jump up, and it takes forever to land back down on the ground due to lag. So annoying when trying to do a cross over.

does anyone have any thoughts on who the final DLC character will be? While playing through the Challenge Tower the other day I noticed Tanya chained up where Kitana is normally. I really hope it is a brand new character instead of one from past games, but I won't complain if it is.

One from the past is more likely, fans are asking for their favorites from previous MK's. I'd prefer to see Frost or Tanya over Goro or Kintaro. Tanya is almost too obvious because her cameo isn't as subtle as Skarlet's was or Frost...my vote is for Frost.

Add my vote to the "I want a new character" crowd.

This game has been a fun blast from the past revisiting all the classics, but I'm ready for new characters.

So disappointed that they scrapped the HD collection. Was really interested to see what they could do with digitized actors in the modern era (even if a significant part of it was just upping the resolution on characters rather than actually replacing them). Still excited to finally have MK 1 and 2 on the 360, though.

[quote name='ObiBen']does anyone have any thoughts on who the final DLC character will be? While playing through the Challenge Tower the other day I noticed Tanya chained up where Kitana is normally. I really hope it is a brand new character instead of one from past games, but I won't complain if it is.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I was sort of thinking Tanya at first since I've seen her in the background as well. I don't see why they'd make her a secret though, so I sort of doubt it.

At this point I'm convinced it has to be Nimbus Terrafaux.

Look him up.

Yeah, I was sort of thinking Tanya at first since I've seen her in the background as well. I don't see why they'd make her a secret though, so I sort of doubt it.

At this point I'm convinced it has to be Nimbus Terrafaux.

That would actually be pretty cool. He would certainly fit in to the MK universe. Anybody think that the Klassic Skins pack will ever be discounted or drop in price? I want the extra stuff, but I have a feeling it will drop eventually.

[quote name='ObiBen']That would actually be pretty cool. He would certainly fit in to the MK universe. Anybody think that the Klassic Skins pack will ever be discounted or drop in price? I want the extra stuff, but I have a feeling it will drop eventually.[/QUOTE]

I agree he'd actually fit, I almost see him as Bizarro Johnny Cage...a well-mannered film star from the 80's that is well-respected or something. Anyway...yeah, not likely, but it would be a pretty funny way to wrap up the DLC characters.

I'm sure they'll put the Klassic Skins pack on sale at some point, but it'll probably be quite a while since it just came out and it admittedly is already priced fairly low. I'd guess not until either a) A "Fighting Game of the Year Edition" / "Komplete Edition" (or whatever they'd call it) comes out with all the DLC included on disc, or b) Holiday season. If they do their usual 33 or 50 percent off markdown I'll buy it. It's just hard for me to justify right now since I already have 3 out of the 7 skins.

Ah how arrogant of me.

My sincere thanks to everyone here who helped me decide on a new controller and making this game much more playable and enjoyable for me.

Appreciate it

I really think that the secret character may be Reiko, because Boon commented that he and Rain were both neck and neck for actually making their way into the main game.

Reiko would be a decent choice. Would be fun to see his ending since they'd probably reference the old Reiko-is-Shao Kahn rumor from a long time ago.

Part of me really hates that they stuffed Quan Chi in this game, since he's a post UMK3 character...not sure I'd want to see another MK4 & beyond character inserted into the MK 1 through 3 story. I don't mind it for endings though, like we got with
Havik
appearing in someone's ending.

Edit - just remembered Quan Chi isn't really post MK3 since he was in the Sub-Zero game, which takes place before MK1. So maybe Fujin could be the 4th DLC character without messing with continuity too much.

[quote name='KaneRobot']
Part of me really hates that they stuffed Quan Chi in this game, since he's a post UMK3 character...not sure I'd want to see another MK4 & beyond character inserted into the MK 1 through 3 story. I don't mind it for endings though, like we got with
Havik
appearing in someone's ending.
[/QUOTE]

Does it really matter through? It's not like these DLC characters are incorporated into the new storyline and the arcade endings aren't cannon so...

I view them as "Hey, here's more characters and I'll tell you what, we're going to give these guys arcade endings because people would complain if we didn't."

[quote name='100xp']I noticed DLC characters aren't even in the Krypt...so I wonder if they'll even have alternate outfits.[/QUOTE]

I'm hoping that they will release some update that puts them in there. I like going in and checking my stats on all the characters, reading bios, and viewing the endings.

I think the fact they aren't in the Krypt is so you're not required to invest 24 hours of playtime etc with the new cast of characters, that would just be cruel and unusual punishment...character bios and endings are welcome though.

Sorry if asked before, but how comprehensive are the DLC characters? Do they get a spot in the Nekropolis? Do they have endings in the arcade mode? Do they have alternate costumes?

[quote name='Blank Earth']Sorry if asked before, but how comprehensive are the DLC characters? Do they get a spot in the Nekropolis? Do they have endings in the arcade mode? Do they have alternate costumes?[/QUOTE]

I think the last four post answer all of these questions.

No, yes, and no.

2 of my buddies bought the DLC SSFIV AE for the extra characters just so they could beat the crap out of each other. That's 2 ppl, 1200 ms points each...and they couldn't be happier. if you have buds that play MK and you want more of a variety to beat on each other with...dlc is the answer. you don't have to play w/randoms online if you don't want to.

if enough fans call for it, it's possible they make changes. they can definitely add alternate outfits. I'm sure a klassic Rain outfit will be a yellow pancho...I mean, a purple version of all the other ninjas.

[quote name='thrustbucket']Worked for me.[/QUOTE]

So... Has the season pass thing been fixed yet? Unfortunately, I bought it off of the Marketplace on the net before I heard about the problem since I'm in Afghanistan and can't get my Xbox online. I was expecting to download it when I got back from here, but after reading all this, it looks like I wasted 1200 points. Hopefully they have fixed it...

[quote name='Scorpius']So... Has the season pass thing been fixed yet? Unfortunately, I bought it off of the Marketplace on the net before I heard about the problem since I'm in Afghanistan and can't get my Xbox online. I was expecting to download it when I got back from here, but after reading all this, it looks like I wasted 1200 points. Hopefully they have fixed it...[/QUOTE]

I don't think there's ever going to be a fix. It just tells you to download it in-game to avoid paying twice, so I think putting that notice up is their way of "fixing it."

[quote name='lolwut?']I don't think there's ever going to be a fix. It just tells you to download it in-game to avoid paying twice, so I think putting that notice up is their way of "fixing it."[/QUOTE]

So, in that case, would mailing MS to get my points back work? Has anyone tried this?

[quote name='100xp']yay, more free skins![/QUOTE]

Are these the skins included in the Klassic Skins pack? I broke down and bought it last week.

Ed Boon just posted on his Twitter feed that the announcement will be at 2 PM PST

Last edited by a moderator:
I've decided that I don't care anymore. Game is so great that I'll probably pick up the season pass eventually, regardless of who they announce.

[quote name='Indignate']I've decided that I don't care anymore. Game is so great that I'll probably pick up the season pass eventually, regardless of who they announce.[/QUOTE]

It really is, I can't stop playing it. I'm about half way through the Challenge Tower and loving every minute of it. I just really hope that they can put the DLC characters into the Nekropolis somehow.

bread's done
Back