MORTAL KOMBAT!!!! - "Komplete Edition" coming Feb 28th - see post 970

[quote name='kburns10'][/SPOILER]

FREAKING BEAST! Also, everyone here is saying that there are no more 360 exclusives? Does that mean King of the Hill mode is on both consoles now?[/QUOTE]

thats what im confused with. how is king of the hill possible with ps3? they dont have avatar support.. or do they? i dont have a ps3 so i wouldnt konw haha

Fatality 1, Fatality 2, Animality, and Babality then?

[quote name='giantqtipz']thats what im confused with. how is king of the hill possible with ps3? they dont have avatar support.. or do they? i dont have a ps3 so i wouldnt konw haha[/QUOTE]

PS Home Avatars should, in theory, work.

[quote name='giantqtipz']thats what im confused with. how is king of the hill possible with ps3? they dont have avatar support.. or do they? i dont have a ps3 so i wouldnt konw haha[/QUOTE]

In one video it showed that users could select what looked like mini versions of the MK characters and that's what the PS3 users will most likely be using instead of avatars.

[quote name='Pure Apathy']In one video it showed that users could select what looked like mini versions of the MK characters and that's what the PS3 users will most likely be using instead of avatars.[/QUOTE]

I remember in the video he said you could select your Live avatar as well, so I'm guessing 360 can use both their avatars and the pre-made ones and PS3 owners can use the pre-made ones.

[quote name='Bloodbooger']^Not too weird, your mom was clearly cool with the purchase.

I was once refused a Costco taster as a kid because my mom wasn't there; I still think that's weird.[/QUOTE]

When I was 17 a friend and I were going to go to an R-rated movie, and so my mom bought the tickets at the window. We got inside and the usher threw us out and said a parent had to be with us in the movie, despite the fact that she clearly just bought the tickets.

In a roundabout way, it's really all Mortal Kombat's fault to begin with. I don't have a huge problem with the carding and whatnot but I'm fucking 24, Gamestop, knock it off.

Edit: Smoke's fatality is fucking gnarly. I don't care for the fatality music, but I've never liked one better than MKII, either, 4 being a close second.

I can't believe how many of these models and fatalities are DIRECTLY out of MK vs DC just with different skins. There's nothing revolutionary here... I'm pretty disappointed. Maybe they thought not enough people played MK vs DC to notice?

I have to say I just got a laugh out of your sig 7th number and I'm not to sure about the babalities. I'm sure if I'm online and kicking some kids ass and they are bitching a lot I will end up doing that to them. I wonder if Friendships will ever be part of DLC. Also I'm some what glad they put that old Joker fatality in the game uncensored to I guess make up to the US fans.

Just played the demo on PS3. You can play as Scorpion, Sub-Zero, Millena, or Johnny Cage. Not bad, controls a lot like MK vs. DCU. Fatalities and X-ray moves were cool. I think they went a little overboard with the blood though.

[quote name='screwkick']Just played the demo on PS3. You can play as Scorpion, Sub-Zero, Millena, or Johnny Cage. Not bad, controls a lot like MK vs. DCU. Fatalities and X-ray moves were cool. I think they went a little overboard with the blood though.[/QUOTE]

It's Mortal Kombat. I don't know if they can go overboard with the blood.

So excited for this!
I didn't pre-order quite yet.
I want Mileena, but I don't want to order from Wal-Mart's website. Says it'll be here like 4/25 :roll: .. is the Mileena pre order also available in store..?

I wish I would have not used vacation. That way I could go in tomorrow then take the rest of the week off.

Anyway found some stuff on youtube.com

If you don't want to know who the video is of don't click.
I told you not to click. The video is of Cyber Sub Zero's xray and fatality

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3NdexIrpBfY

also have kratos stage fatality only the video isn't that great.

I really need to get off of youtube.

Sonya fatality 2

Also have Reptile

Stryker

Kano

[quote name='Survivalism']Hah.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WyOJwUCTSp0

His line should be ".....this is where you fall down."[/QUOTE]
Johnny Cage is my favorite actor.

By the way, Mileena:

mil1.png

[quote name='Survivalism']By the way, Mileena:

mil1.png
[/QUOTE]
Uh, wow. They really went all out on the chicks in this game huh?

I haven't kept up with the thread or news about the game in general, so anyone know what's up with the 'klassic' costumes and whether they're all unlockable in the game or not? I figure there has to be some kind of definitive answer because of all these videos of the fatalities, secret characters and whatnot popping up all over the web lately.

EDIT: Looks like it's not gonna happen. According to some people on other forums, some folks who got it early have already unlocked everything in the "Krypt" and no one got any of the 'klassic' costumes.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='eddie291']Uh, wow. They really went all out on the chicks in this game huh?

I haven't kept up with the thread or news about the game in general, so anyone know what's up with the 'klassic' costumes and whether they're all unlockable in the game or not? I figure there has to be some kind of definitive answer because of all these videos of the fatalities, secret characters and whatnot popping up all over the web lately.

EDIT: Looks like it's not gonna happen. According to some people on other forums, some folks who got it early have already unlocked everything in the "Krypt" and no one got any of the 'klassic' costumes.[/QUOTE]
Yeah, it really sucks. I wanted Ermac, Scorp, Sub-Zero, and Reptile.

Looks like unless I get a PSN GameShare group going for them all I'm going to have to just deal with one of them until the DLC comes out.

I keep going back and forth on any drastic trades I may choose to make. Everything about it looks so good but I hate to spend $64 on a fighting game, especially since it's already getting swarmed with DLC. But you know it's good because it's already banned in Australia.

[quote name='Survivalism']I keep going back and forth on any drastic trades I may choose to make. Everything about it looks so good but I hate to spend $64 on a fighting game, especially since it's already getting swarmed with DLC. But you know it's good because it's already banned in Australia.[/QUOTE]

Dude, everything is banned in Australia.

Whats the best deal for this?

i was thinking about the TRU one but i want portal for the pc, not xbox. i also would go to kmart before i ever go downtown for TRU. :)

might just go amazon but they only got 10$ and a reptile skin. then again i got to get a knock off battery pack for my dig came from there there so id save 50cents on shipping hehe

[quote name='Survivalism']By the way, Mileena:

mil1.png
[/QUOTE]

Even better here is a video. I cant believe they went that far.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ig6KTZarpn0

I am agonizing over whether to get this or not. I was a total MK nerd in the arcades with the first three games so this is very nostalgic for me.

On the other hand, I tend to really hate fighting games with control pads and I'm not going to invest in an expensive stick.

Are there any reviews out yet? Does it get repetitive? Is there a lot to unlock/do? Is there a story to follow? Did they make concessions for control pads?

I'm trying hard to convince myself to get this tomorrow at Kmart with their 1600 points for $10 deal, but someone convince me this is not a "wait till it's $20" game.

The demo for the 360 supposedly comes out tomorrow, so you'll know what's the deal with the standard 360 controller and this game.

Nostalgia is pretty much the reason why I'm buying the game, so I completely understand your point on that(also, the demo proved to be pretty damn fun). I pretty much forgotten about the series after MK4.

There's a dedicated story mode, and a separate arcade ladder mode. Tons of things to unlock in the crypt, although, I'm sure most of them consists of concept art or something to that effect. I don't want to tell you how to spend your money, so wait for the reviews to come out tonight and tomorrow, and give it a rent if you're still on the fence. If you're not a huge fighting fan, then just wait till the inevitable discount comes out for it. I'm sure Amazon or whatever will do something by June or July.

I really wish the 360 demo had come out already. I'm definitely picking Portal 2 up tomorrow, and I want Mortal Kombat, so the TRU deal is pretty nice.

Problem is, I don't know which system to get MK on. I have two sticks for the 360, but I've always been more of a control pad guy when it comes to MK, and the DualShock is pretty nice. Without trying it out on a regular 360 pad, or even the SF4 pad, I'm torn. I've also played the ever-loving shit out of the PS3 demo, which keep pushing me that way.

So, yeah, just one day early would've been nice. Oh well.

[quote name='Jimbo Slice']Anyone want to play UMK3 on XBLA to satisfy there MK fix? I'm on right now.[/QUOTE]Dude I'll hit you up if you're still on later. Between 7-9 Eastern most likely.

I'm definitely in for MK9 matches, lobbies, king of the hill, etc. tomorrow... only time I won't take a request if if I'm already in match, ha! This is my first day-1 game since Rock Band 3 (which I only really play locally) so I'm stoked for my first solid stretch of online gaming in a while.

[quote name='BustaUppa']Dude I'll hit you up if you're still on later. Between 7-9 Eastern most likely.

I'm definitely in for MK9 matches, lobbies, king of the hill, etc. tomorrow... only time I won't take a request if if I'm already in match, ha! This is my first day-1 game since Rock Band 3 (which I only really play locally) so I'm stoked for my first solid stretch of online gaming in a while.[/QUOTE]

Sounds good. I should be on tonight for some Ultimate and I'll have the game tomorrow, although most likely I'll be playing locally most of the night.

I'd get in on some UMK3 but I haven't played it in so long at this point I'd probably be no fun to play against since I'd be so terrible.

:rofl: at the spoliered Milenna costume.

So, at this point...any suggestions for nabbing a TE? I'll probably call the only Gamestop nearby that's doing a midnight opening just to humor myself and see if they have any non-preorder TEs, but I know the chance of that is pretty much nonexistent. Wondering just hitting Best Buy or Wal-Mart in the morning when they open would be my best chance.

I do already have the KE coming from Amazon (for those who bought it from there, check your email...just got my Reptile code). I was just going to buy the TE and get rid of the extra copy of the game.

Was considering taking tomorrow off, but if I don't find one in the morning there's no point. I may take Wednesday off.

I'm probably going to wait when a Kollectors Edition gets clearanced out at Target for 40 bucks like the Black ops prestige. hopefully in the next 3-4 months.

I'm going to play this game like crazy once it comes out. I'm going for that 10 kill online streak achievement. Then I'll take my time after that. Once the hardcore get established, an achievement like that becomes impossible.

See MkVSDcU's 25 win streak.

Lucky you. I still have to wait for Amazon to ship out my TE.

EDIT: Amazon just updated mine to shipping soon, although, the delivery estimate is still the 22nd. But if it ships Tuesday, then I don't see why I'd get it on Friday since I opted for the free 2 day delivery.

Today is the day!! Sucks we didn't get a "Mortal Monday," but I'll take what I can get.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ewVx9eki3CU

[quote name='silentevil']At gamestop right now waiting for midnight[/QUOTE]

Did they have any "event" type stuff going on (giveaways / tournament, etc) or was it just a line? I called ahead at the one near me doing midnight open but they didn't have any extra TEs available so I didn't bother.

Ok the kid in that video was that Ed Boon? Could be that it is 3 am but he looked a little like him. That brings back memories. I remember seeing that for weeks as a kid not knowing what it was because I would never see any of the game footage. The comic shop and other places around here had the poster for the game with just the logo and then about a week before it came out I saw the game. Would have been nice to see a remake of the commercials for the first game only with clips of the new game.

bread's done
Back