MORTAL KOMBAT!!!! - "Komplete Edition" coming Feb 28th - see post 970

Isn't it altered history? Kinda spoiler but a leaked photo showed a classic ninja with a cyborg upgrade and it wasn't smoke.

Just played the PS3 demo. Very stoked for this game now. It plays a lot like 2 and 3 smashed together IMO. But no run button. I sure hope the retailer exclusive are unlockable in game. I'm getting it at Gamestop for sure since Scorpion has always been my fave, but I want classic SubZero as well.

[quote name='sendme']Really don't remember that. When did that happen? I guess I need to get burshed up on my MK again.[/QUOTE]

When (original Sub-Zero) died in the first Mortal Kombat tournament at the hands of Scorpion, his soul, corrupted by years of violence, descended to the Netherrealm's Fifth Plane. The evil within his soul was unleashed, stripping him of pride, compassion, and everything else "human." He wishes not only to remain in the Netherrealm, but to conquer and rule it. Though he has been seen in the service of conquerors such as Shinnok and Shao Kahn, his ultimate allegiance is to himself.
http://mortalkombat.wikia.com/wiki/Mortal_Kombat_Wiki

A lot of fun stuff over there.

Thanks for the link KaneRobot. I was reading online some of the endings and I think the ending for noob that said he was the first sub-zero is in armageden. I don't think I ever played that one. That is chances are why I don't remember it. Also I was never good at them as a kid so a lot of the older ones I never did beat.

Amazon doesn't even have the Tournament Edition up anymore, I guess they've fulfilled their supply. Dammit, I knew I shouldn't have waited (especially since I have a 50 dollar gift card).

Not sure whether I'll buy the Collector's one now and just wait for someone to get rid of their stick on Ebay/CL or get the TE from Best Buy or something.

I was watching fatalities on Youtube and noticed that the Sub-Zero head-rip/spine-pull kill was included on the regular character.

I thought that kill was supposed to be a pre-order bonus that was included with the pre-order original costume...

I saw the same with Reptile and his acid spit fatality. Thought it was with a preorder from amazon.com.

[quote name='Bloodbooger']I was watching fatalities on Youtube and noticed that the Sub-Zero head-rip/spine-pull kill was included on the regular character.

I thought that kill was supposed to be a pre-order bonus that was included with the pre-order original costume...[/QUOTE]
Ed Boon mentioned that all of the pre-order costumes are unlockable in the game. You just unlock them right away with the pre-order. I'd imagine its the same deal with fatalities.

[quote name='KaneRobot']Amazon doesn't even have the Tournament Edition up anymore, I guess they've fulfilled their supply. Dammit, I knew I shouldn't have waited (especially since I have a 50 dollar gift card).

Not sure whether I'll buy the Collector's one now and just wait for someone to get rid of their stick on Ebay/CL or get the TE from Best Buy or something.[/QUOTE]
Yeah, that sorta happened to me. I originally wanted the PS3 version. I hesitated because of the price, and then the next morning when i decided to order it, it was sold out. So now, I'm getting the 360 version unless the PS3 version pops back up on Amazon.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='eddie291']Ed Boon mentioned that all of the pre-order costumes are unlockable in the game. You just unlock them right away with the pre-order. I'd imagine its the same deal with fatalities.[/QUOTE]

I don't think he said "pre-order costumes". I believe he just said there are alternate costumes in the Krypt, which leads me to believe Klassic costumes are, for right now at least, only available via pre-ordering. I'd imagine it's probably some kind of timed exclusive thing.

[quote name='SEH']I don't think he said "pre-order costumes". I believe he just said there are alternate costumes in the Krypt, which leads me to believe Klassic costumes are, for right now at least, only available via pre-ordering. I'd imagine it's probably some kind of timed exclusive thing.[/QUOTE]
Damn it...I guess you might be right about that. I didn't pay attention to the wording.

http://twitter.com/noobde/status/50631030100594688

Although, wouldn't a classic costume fall under the alternate costume category? Not to sound like a smart ass, but it obviously isn't their primary costume anymore. So I see no reason why it wouldn't be labeled as an alternate.

"Klassic" costumes are costumes from the old games. Alternates would just simply be different, new costumes.

I don't see why they wont be able to be unlocked. Each one has 2 or more alt costumes. If they are not then I'm sure some time you will be able to buy them. If they are unlocked then that tells me you will have to unlock the older fatalities also.

As I mentioned, I see timed exclusivity being the most likely scenario. I'm fine regardless of what happens. I think all the characters look fantastic in their new gear, so even if Klassic costumes remain exclusive to pre-orders it wouldn't bother me much.

[quote name='SEH']"Klassic" costumes are costumes from the old games. Alternates would just simply be different, new costumes.[/QUOTE]
What I meant is that I don't see why you feel the need separate the two. To me, an alternate costume is any costume that isn't the primary one, regardless if its an all new design or something that pays homage to previous designs, like the 'klassic' costumes.

Oh, I agree and think it's tedious that there is a difference, but I'm pretty sure that's the way it is.

Whenever I see the descriptions of the pre-order costumes, it always say that by reserving a copy that you get "instant access" to the classic costume, which leads me to believe with almost 100% certainty that they are unlockable, and you are just basically going to get a code (think Ultimate Alliance, if you remember that)

[quote name='SEH']As I mentioned, I see timed exclusivity being the most likely scenario. I'm fine regardless of what happens. I think all the characters look fantastic in their new gear, so even if Klassic costumes remain exclusive to pre-orders it wouldn't bother me much.[/QUOTE]

The only one that bothers me is Reptile. I really hop his older one is in the game to unlock as I did not get the chance to pre order from Amazon.com. I have always hated the newer looks for him however I can deal with this one.

[quote name='eddie291']What I meant is that I don't see why you feel the need separate the two. To me, an alternate costume is any costume that isn't the primary one, regardless if its an all new design or something that pays homage to previous designs, like the 'klassic' costumes.[/QUOTE]

I'm the same way. If it isn't the default one it is an alt. I see the codes just being unlock codes and that is it.

Has anything been said about the extra content that comes with the KE and TE? Last I knew some stuff still was not known.

[quote name='KaneRobot']Should have the soundtrack in the mail today. Wish they would have included a costume or some bonus item with that.[/QUOTE]

They made a soundtrack for this game? I guess I'm going to have to check that out.

Game Informer says this is the rumored 360 exclusives for MK9

• Exclusive Mode: Puzzle Kombat – Features online play, leaderboards, and avatar support
  • Exclusive Arena: The Pit 360 – A remake of The Pit III from MK 3
  • King of the Hill mode will include avatar support
  • DLC Character "Lady in Red" will be available to Xbox Live users as a free download for a limited time after her release
  • Exclusive avatar gear will be available for purchase

Thanks for that, jbug. Will add it to the OP. That first one almost seems too good to be true considering how tight MK & Sony seem to be, but hopefully it's legit. I'm sure the avatar gear one is true, if nothing else :lol:

Heads-up on the soundtrack...it really is just the "songs inspired by the warriors" - I didn't hear any new versions of older MK songs like I've been hearing in some of the character vignettes. It's still kind of cool even if it isn't my favorite kind of music. I'm sure most/all of the songs are up on Youtube at this point if you want to check them out. I've only listened to about half of it so far.

[quote name='jbug617']Game Informer says this is the rumored 360 exclusives for MK9

• Exclusive Mode: Puzzle Kombat – Features online play, leaderboards, and avatar support
  • DLC Character "Lady in Red" will be available to Xbox Live users as a free download for a limited time after her release
[/QUOTE]

Seems too good to be true. I would be happy with just the character and stage.

I still wish that we were getting some exclusive character love, but that whole Lady In Red business is good enough.

What exactly is King Of The Hill mode?

[quote name='jbug617']Game Informer says this is the rumored 360 exclusives for MK9

[/QUOTE]

Last I knew like you said that is all rumored and I don't see the 360 getting that much when all the PS3 gets is one extra character. I have been reading online that Boon has said in the past more info on the game will be coming out and some of it is going to be the day before the game comes out. I'm guessing that will be when something is announced that the 360 gets and the PS3 will not.

Of those ones listed, the stuff with avatar clothes and KotH mode having avatar support seem likely, maybe even obvious.

The exclusive Pit stage is the most realistic exclusive that actually means something.

Scarlet being free I really doubt, almost as much as I doubt the Puzzle Kombat thing being 360 only (or existing at all). Hope I'm wrong.

If it was something cool for 360, youd figure it would be announced early on to encourage preorders. They dropped the ball not trying to get an exclusive guest character to counter Kratos(since thats all the craze nowadays)

I would of been happy with a mk2 port since that never came out on xbla (only psn)

[quote name='guyver2077']

i would of been happy with a mk2 port since that never came out on xbla (only psn)[/quote]

this!!!

[quote name='guyver2077']If it was something cool for 360, youd figure it would be announced early on to encourage preorders.[/quote]
They obviously have some kind of deal with Sony, part of the deal may have included that they not announce anything for a competing platform for a certain amount of time. If any of those rumors are legit, anyway.

I would of been happy with a mk2 port since that never came out on xbla (only psn)
Still hoping the MK HD Arcade Collection is real and we just get that.

New Shang Tsung vignette:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fedubeBo0TQ

Last edited by a moderator:
Well just might be legit...

http://saveandquitgaming.com/list-of-xbox-360-mortal-kombat-9-exclusives-rumor/

mk-kk-ext.png

It seems odd to me 360 getting soo much more. It almost makes me wonder if they'll have some sort of Home integration for PS3.

What I really find interesting is all the Sony bought exclusivity talk. As I recall they got effed early on because they refused to compete with MS doing such and lost titles Like FFXIII.

EDIT: Amazon has KotH listed for 360, it also mentions avatar gear for PS3. Both mentioned in the Kollector's edition.

i hope they online code is good.. capcom has about lost me with how crappy sf and the marvel code has been. best online experience with a fighter has been tekken 6. :)

[quote name='Kevfactor']i hope they online code is good.. capcom has about lost me with how crappy sf and the marvel code has been. best online experience with a fighter has been tekken 6. :)[/QUOTE]

You are insane. SF4 shits all over Tekken 6.

Best console netcode though is probably Blazblue.

I read some place online that boon had apparently said to expect news about the game even on the 18th. I think the forum I read that on said it was posted on his twitter. Last I looked on his twitter was on April 1st and all he did was post bull shit. The one was funny having to do with meeting with Capcom executives about a Mortal Kombat vs. Street Fighter but the rest were just him being a dick.

I really don't see any news about the game till the 19th and that will all be posted by people playing it.

I'm surprised the game hasn't been leaked. Or maybe it has, I dunno. But someone will spill the beans before we get an official word.

I''m still torn over that Kollectors edition. That statue or w.e looks nice but can't justify the $100 cost as ill know it will prob drop quick

Of course the game has been leaked. I mean, how else would that random Brazilian/Portuguese guy get his hand on a copy?

[quote name='guyver2077']I''m still torn over that Kollectors edition. That statue or w.e looks nice but can't justify the $100 cost as ill know it will prob drop quick[/QUOTE]

Only reason I went ahead and bought it was because I had store credit with Amazon. I agree though, $100 is a hard pill to swallow on a game. Even with exclusives.

[quote name='guyver2077']I''m still torn over that Kollectors edition. That statue or w.e looks nice but can't justify the $100 cost as ill know it will prob drop quick[/QUOTE]

That is the way I am. In the past I would spend on the LE/SE/CE or what ever E They have. Now unless it is pre order only or not more than 15 over the price of the normal game I don't get it. Duke Nukem Forever and Mortal Kombat have been the 2 exceptions to this rule. I ended up going with the TE for Mortal Kombat so I could get the stick as it has been said to be only 20,000. However they said the same for God of War 3 and I ended up getting it for around the price of the normal game from walmart. Also from what I have seen online the stick looks well made for 160 bucks.

bread's done
Back