Mortal Kombat Vs. DC Universe - Gen. Discussion & Info.

This friday we will find out about two never before seen villains from the game:

From SpikeTv:
SpikeTV and GameTrailers have announced that GameTrailers TV will debut all-new gameplay video for Mortal Kombat vs. DC Universe. GameTrailers will also reveal two never before seen villains that will be playable characters in the game. The show is set to air Friday at 1AM ET/PT.

You can now download the first MKcast from www.worldscollide.com.

Haven't had a chance to listen to it, but some claim that the MK Team confirm both Shang Tsung and Catwoman, so those two are possibly the ones that will be shown tomorrow on GameTrailers TV.

EDIT: The following comes from MortalKombatOnline

• New characters are set to be announced every couple of weeks via different distribution channels.
  • Close-combat will be almost like a "boxing match", where blows will be handled in a "rock/paper/scissors" manner.
  • There are clues about the game not discovered yet, not only on the official website, but also on Ed Boon's website.
  • The MK characters are "true to MK", but the game itself is not part of current canon including Mortal Kombat: Deception and Mortal Kombat: Armageddon. If anything, it could be considered an "alternate universe".
  • The two characters set to make their first official appearances in the GameTrailers show are Catwoman and Shang Tsung.

Last edited by a moderator:
Gametrailers TV said they would reveal 2 more characters at E3 and 4 more at Comic Con. Im really getting excited about this game, even though i was furious when i heard it wasnt a NEW MK game, but a vs game. But its really looking sweet.

[quote name='The 7th Number']Gametrailers TV said they would reveal 2 more characters at E3 and 4 more at Comic Con. Im really getting excited about this game, even though i was furious when i heard it wasnt a NEW MK game, but a vs game. But its really looking sweet.[/quote]

Very nice. Im feeling the same way, when I first heard the news I was fustrated as it wasn't an original MK title, but now Im really excited about the idea. I just want to know more about how the game actually plays and how fluid it is. Im just hoping for something more fast paced and not having to remember any huge, long button commands in order to perform combos.

[quote name='buterbals']Very nice. Im feeling the same way, when I first heard the news I was fustrated as it wasn't an original MK title, but now Im really excited about the idea. I just want to know more about how the game actually plays and how fluid it is. Im just hoping for something more fast paced and not having to remember any huge, long button commands in order to perform combos.[/quote]

Yeah, i hope moves are easy to pull off. I havent been able to get into any fighting games for 360 since their dpad is junk and i suck at using analog sticks for these type of games.

I'm going to E3 and have a meeting with Midway on Tuesday of that week (I think. Might be Wednesday). I'll come back with as much info as I can for you.

[quote name='Psykoboy2']I'm going to E3 and have a meeting with Midway on Tuesday of that week (I think. Might be Wednesday). I'll come back with as much info as I can for you.[/quote]

Thanks, we'll be looking forward to that info.

also... MortalKombatOnline user Minion will be uploading the gameplay video shown on GameTrailers TV, for those who haven't seen it.

Here is the video. The quality isn't great but Ill update once the official one hits the web.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uzXhAtKNnUM

Wow. Now I'm pretty psyched up for this.
I know it's a given, but I really do hope The Joker is in this. :lol:

The combat looks really fluid and pretty brutal. I can't wait until they showcase some "fatalities".

I would like to see what the Joker looks like in this as well. That is if he is even in it. However I would find it odd that they whould not put him in it. If they give something worth it for preordering him and what ever the free thing is would cause me to get this on day one.

If they use The Batman's dreadlock Joker, I will riot. One of Joker's fatalities should be Harley running onto screen and smashing the opponent with a giant mallet while Mista J stands laughing in the background.

[quote name='ITDEFX']I wouldn't mind seeing Two Face in this game.

I really want to know what the DLC could be for this game?[/quote]

Well in the interview with ed boon at gametrailers tv, he said for new stages and characters. But if it sells well, i dont know how many they would put out, because there are hints at a 2nd game if it does well.

As an unlockable or DLC I would love to see other incarnations/variations of each character like Catwoman in her "Batman Returns" outfit and so on.

I want to see The Question in this game, It needs a badass character like him

250px-Question03.jpg

[quote name='joe2187']I want to see The Question in this game, It needs a badass character like him

250px-Question03.jpg
[/quote]

YES! However he doesn't have any special abilities...at least not what I saw on JLU.

I would be very disappointed if Deathstroke is not featured in this game. I assume he will be one of the "lesser known" unlockable characters Boon mentioned in his GT TV interview.

[quote name='joe2187']I want to see The Question in this game, It needs a badass character like him

250px-Question03.jpg
[/quote]
Too bad "he's" dead.

Sick!

Oh and as far as the roster I saw in a magazine...turns out it wasn't GameInformer...or OXM, not sure where I saw it but I can't find it. It had a list of 7 MK and 7 DC characters. Sorry...we'll find out soon enough though.

[quote name='chasemurata']I would be very disappointed if Deathstroke is not featured in this game. I assume he will be one of the "lesser known" unlockable characters Boon mentioned in his GT TV interview.[/quote]

That would be awesome

[quote name='bardockkun']Too bad "he's" dead.[/quote]

That's what he wants you think...

[quote name='LinkinPrime']
Oh and as far as the roster I saw in a magazine...turns out it wasn't GameInformer...or OXM, not sure where I saw it but I can't find it. It had a list of 7 MK and 7 DC characters. Sorry...we'll find out soon enough though.[/quote]

Its cool, I just hope that one of those upcoming characters to be revealed is Kitana.

[quote name='sendme']Was wondering if anyone else saw the tanlines.[/quote]

Haha, I did notice that. I just find it unnecessary, that also goes for the nips. They seem like they are trying to portray a very strong woman, yet when these things are present, it makes her seem like a joke.

Also is that some perspiration between her breasts? Dirty Shirt?

Edit: Picture coming in a bit.

sonyagi8.jpg

Thats just the shirt stretching... haven't you ever seen boobs? :lol:

I found a better render of her, this one looks a lot more realistic.
dolph.jpg

[quote name='buterbals']Haha, I did notice that. I just find it unnecessary, that also goes for the nips. They seem like they are trying to portray a very strong woman, yet when these things are present, it makes her seem like a joke.

Also is that some perspiration between her breasts? Dirty Shirt?

Edit: Picture coming in a bit.

sonyagi8.jpg
[/quote]

[quote name='Kayden']Thats just the shirt stretching... haven't you ever seen boobs? :lol:
[/quote]

That's just cold...:cry:

[quote name='Gamehead']That Sonya render is up there with DOA girls. >_>[/quote]

Wouldn't we all love a "Mortal Kombat Beach Volleyball" game!?

Garlador from MortalKombatOnline posted the following photoshopped image of Sonya, I found it amusing:

cdsbman.jpg

[quote name='Gamehead']That Sonya render is up there with DOA girls. >_>[/quote]

Even with all the processing power today's video game and computer systems can handle, all the cg chicks still have very short, pony tails, hair up hairstyles. You would think the problem would be solved by now.

[quote name='dabebop']You think they would solve it, but than that's to much time focusing on cosmetic things, when you got many other things to focus on. Also this is midway to so it's not like they piles of dough like EA.

Was checking out the forums on midway about this and one of the guys photoshopped Sonya and got rid of that freaking man chin GAH ::

http://i132.photobucket.com/albums/q14/GameAlbum_by_Cat/Mortal Kombat/SonyaMakeover03.jpg[/quote]

It is possible to overcome that problem. Since this is a fighter game, there is no huge level with textures or 30 enemies on screen at once for the CPU to handle. It's a bit tricky because long hair can do some crazy shit when you knock it around. The psychics engine (Havok?) has to calculate all those strains of hair as individuals or as a bunch and still make it look believable and natural flowing. If more R&D is put into it, it can happen.

I'm sure (hope) Sonya will look less like a man when the game comes out.

EDIT: Also is it me or does it look like the bat symbole is on the upper part of catwomans chest.

[quote name='Littlefields']You guys are looking at too much breasts.[/QUOTE]

That's an impossibility. :)

The game looks great. The Flash ramming an opponent through a multitude of walls? Awesome!

[quote name='Littlefields']You guys are looking at too much breasts.[/quote]

I wouldn't be surprised if the makers of this game throw a few "guest" fighters into the game that have nothing to do with either series (like in sc4)

idead-or-alive-xtreme-2i-20060913080234704.jpg

bread's done
Back