Mountain Dew & Doritos [XboxONE promotion]

Oh, how quickly people throw in the towel (or cut their losses early on). :lol: I'm still at around 4700 points with about 10K more points to enter. I'm still trying to find those Target codes before I add any points to my account. I'll also try to snag a few 2-liter Dews for the 2/$1 sale CVS is having until tomorrow. I'm still banking on 25K systems by Black Friday. :whee:
It's a Limit of 4 2L at CVS and you need their shopper's card which is FREE but . . .

Not sure if the limit is per card (household) or if you could hit up several locations or multiple visits to same locations.

Oh, how quickly people throw in the towel (or cut their losses early on). :lol: I'm still at around 4700 points with about 10K more points to enter. I'm still trying to find those Target codes before I add any points to my account. I'll also try to snag a few 2-liter Dews for the 2/$1 sale CVS is having until tomorrow. I'm still banking on 25K systems by Black Friday. :whee:

And since everyone's going "trade crazy," I would like to make an offer:

*10K points trade for an Amazon Xbox One controller pre-order. I only need one person to make a trade with. I figure, that would be a nice way for someone who is sitting on those points to "cash out" on a missed prize from the marketplace and still receive it in less than "12-14 weeks." :lol: PM me if you're interested. I would also be willing to make it an order for one of the three games also at 10K points (Forza 5, Ryse and Dead Rising 3). I figure a few people may have Xbones already on preorder and just want an extra free game from the contest (without having to wait until January or February to get them).
I got to 7200 and was done doing it, I went to the store and just stocked up on enough dew/doritos to get just enough for the free forza game. At the rate ive added points it took 4 weeks to get 7,200 it would of taken another 4 weeks to hit prob 20k and i really dont see it going below 25k. Every 10k points is prob around $120, didnt feel like spending another $240 ish to get up to 30k. Sure a Xbox and alot of doritos/dew for $360 investment is a very good deal. But because theres still a chance you could get that many points and still be outbid is one big reason I got out early. While im sure if I got and bid 40k on one id get it but what if someone else decides that auction i picked is the one there gonna pick and they go all in with a 41k bid and i ended up losing, it would be pretty annoying. Im sure that would be rare but its still a possibilty.

Good luck on getting it tho, if iw as to hit 25k id prob just go ahead and get enough to win one. I looked pretty dumb getting all the bag of doritos and dew today to get a measly 2800 points, be funny seeing people buying enough to get 20k worth lmao

Also the fact that me or anyone in my household doesnt care for m/dew and we dont eat alot of doritos really helped on my decision on stopping there. Got my $65 game out of it. atleast =/

Last edited by a moderator:
on auction 876 tonight, hopefully get under the 30k mark :)
876 is a bit early for under 30k, stay up till 2 and i would think you'd get one.

anyone with 30k ish points should only be bidding on games that they want at this point, i cant stress that enough.

On day 3 i won with 35k and only bid on games i want. Costs drop dramatically after midnight, so if you're on the cusp of winning one around midnight, drink some of the dew you bought, you'll get what you want!

yup, nobody here listens to me when i talk about how they drop by at least 2k a night. although looking over the available auctions now, 30k might be a sort of stop point for them. Well see some tonight go for less than 30k, but this and tomorrow might be the only nights we see that.

Edit: they have to level out somewhere, and i feel like 26-30k might be the base level for it. you will see fluctuations of course over that but i cant imagine them dropping to 20k as linearly as the drop of cost has been thus far.

I may just end up selling my points I have a little over 2k+ I may be getting more soon though.
I'm Still looking for any all MD/Doritos points.

Have: MSP/PSN will give $1 to 100 points ratio on it. Also have Itunes,nflshop and Dicks sporting goods GC for large giftings of points, will give very good rates on those, just PM me with what ya got.

So I just finally won one of these auctions for just under 33,000 points.  I can say I'm extremely happy, both in that I won and that I don't need to buy another bag of Dorito's.  LOL

Speaking of which I actually have some leftover codes I never entered (6 Doritos Codes for 1500 points and 6 Mountain Dew codes for 600 points, so 2400 points if you bank them together).  If someone wants to trade for them let me know as I don't see myself bothering with any of the Marketplace items.  What I can use most is an Amazon gift card.

Gone.

Still looking to plug along on this.  Not sure how much more I want to buy, but I'm interested in anyone offering. I'm at about 20k.  Anyone looking to drop some I'm interested

I just went with my friend who I am helping win one of these Xbox One's. We went around to every CVS possible for the deal. Unless you get some really rude or grumpy people, most employees will acknowledge that the ad says 4 per a transaction and allow you to "walk out, and walk back in after you put the soda you just bought in the car". We ended our store raid with around 133 2 litters for about $70 over all which is a great deal. Our city no longer carries the Doritos snack pack so its going to be hard to find chips for cheap to add to the soda for bonus. Were waiting to add the caps until we can find a good chip deal for the bonus.

To the people buying soda and saying it will go to waste, there is a trick to do to get the codes from the caps without opening them. (please do not do this trick if you plan on ripping codes off caps people are paying for!) Not sure if its something allowed to put on the site to do so I won't but there are ways to preserve your purchase. Thought I'd share that with anyone worried about wasting money.

I just went with my friend who I am helping win one of these Xbox One's. We went around to every CVS possible for the deal. Unless you get some really rude or grumpy people, most employees will acknowledge that the ad says 4 per a transaction and allow you to "walk out, and walk back in after you put the soda you just bought in the car". We ended our store raid with around 133 2 litters for about $70 over all which is a great deal. Our city no longer carries the Doritos snack pack so its going to be hard to find chips for cheap to add to the soda for bonus. Were waiting to add the caps until we can find a good chip deal for the bonus.

To the people buying soda and saying it will go to waste, there is a trick to do to get the codes from the caps without opening them. (please do not do this trick if you plan on ripping codes off caps people are paying for!) Not sure if its something allowed to put on the site to do so I won't but there are ways to preserve your purchase. Thought I'd share that with anyone worried about wasting money.
What is this "snack pack" you refer to, and why is it so lucrative?

I was so pissed the other day, a friend told me he had "A Pillow Case ful" of caps he looted the recycling bins around town, and then he said he through it out since he forogt what it was for.

it's gotta be a troll story right?  Why would anyone have a pillowcase full of caps and not rmemebr what theyr'e for.

Still last time i did a recycling bin run was thr at my school, so i'm going to do one 2morrow when i go back.  Hopefully itheyve been full over the weekends.  Maybe I shoudl ask teh janitors when they empty them so i can score even more.

Sitting at 31,575 and waiting patiently for these to drop a little more. I'm feeling lucky tonight will be the end of my doritos/mountain dew raid.

Sitting at 31,575 and waiting patiently for these to drop a little more. I'm feeling lucky tonight will be the end of my doritos/mountain dew raid.
Best of luck. I'm not even remotely close at this point. I have a feeling the last week or two will be people pooling points and the average will go back up :/

I was thinking about this just last night. Not on 2L but a 20 oz. I had.

Edit: ........ ;)

Best of luck. I'm not even remotely close at this point. I have a feeling the last week or two will be people pooling points and the average will go back up :/

I did it, got a copy with Forza 5! I feel like I hit the gaming nerd jack pot these last two weeks. First I won a PS4 from Taco Bell then the Wal-Mart mishap where I scored now only a bunch of games but a 55 inch Samsung LED and now an Xbox ONE at a total cost of under $200.00.

I really do hope this doesn't mean I'm going to die in a fire or something horrific anytime soon.

I did it, got a copy with Forza 5! I feel like I hit the gaming nerd jack pot these last two weeks. First I won a PS4 from Taco Bell then the Wal-Mart mishap where I scored now only a bunch of games but a 55 inch Samsung LED and now an Xbox ONE at a total cost of under $200.00.

I really do hope this doesn't mean I'm going to die in a fire or something horrific anytime soon.
Hell yeah bro. Congratulations. Cross your fingers for me. I'm at 29990 and I'm kicking myself for not buying a few more 2 liters today. Maybe I'll get lucky too.

Hell yeah bro. Congratulations. Cross your fingers for me. I'm at 29990 and I'm kicking myself for not buying a few more 2 liters today. Maybe I'll get lucky too.
Man you're so close. Hope you win tonight. It would be see cool for one to break 30k too. If I had any extra caps I would send them over but I'm clean out.

wow you have about 100 more points than me....good thing i have 2 200 codes ready to enter :twoguns:
Haha. It's gonna be down to the wire. I wish I had enough time to run to speedway and buy a few bottles. My biggest fear is that tomorrow the auctions are gonna flare up lol.

When do they stop giving away so many xbox ones with this promotion? the rules are a little confusing.

Am I too late to get in on this?

If not - I am looking to buy/trade for points. Send me a PM

I bought some points that apparently included 10 target codes, but you can only enter 5 a day. Anyone want to trade me regular codes for 5 target codes? PM me

Just got the last points i needed and used them to buy Forza 5, the whole saving for the xbox one auction is just a pipe dream unless you have around 30k already, im pretty positive it will never fall below 20k prob not even below 25k. The average auction is still ending at over 40,000.

2 products of dew and 2 doriotos will net you 1,000 points in average with the 50 bonus points considering a 12 pack dew for 200 points is like $3.50 and doritos for 200 points are like $2.50 so thats $12 or $13 for every 1,000 points. 13x40= $520 if the auctions do go to 20k it will be 13x20= $260

Anyway i felt done doing the points at 7k and decided to get up to 10k and just got the free forza 5 game before its sold out. (i wanted the controller but it sold out fast) Another 10k of points would cost me around $130 so meh i felt i mis well gurrantee me a free game then take the chance it the auction dropping. Right now there are still copies of dead rising/forza/ryse. I would of gotten dead rising but i already have that pre ordered along with a xbox.

BTW my math may be off im not sure but i think it was correct lol
Damn...I would have totally just bought the game for you on Amazon for your points and then you would have it on release day lol! Some of the people that have won the auctions and called the customer service have been told their systems won't ship for 8-12 weeks! Pretty lame if true. And no idea if single games would ship faster maybe. And everything MAY ship fast and they just quote that 8-12 weeks to cover their buts. But Amazon is always fast lol ;).

If there is anyone else that is tired of grinding away and just wants to "cash out" and has a decent amount of points, let me know I'm looking for 5k-15k or so.

I have amazon gc (or straight out purchase something for you if you want), a $100 Nike.com gift code...probably other stuff but just let me know what you want.

i wonder how much the premium auctions are gunna go for. does anyone have any ideas ?
I'm thinking really close to the 150,000 max. I don't know how many people were able to work it perfectly to get 150k though. If everyone bids the max then whoever gets it first wins. I worry that those super baller people who don't win may then turn around and dominate the regular auctions for a while lol. I mean if there is enough of them and they all decide not to wait for the next premium they may just go and grab up 4 or 5 regular systems by gifting to friends and such. Also curious if the auction will be in the middle of the others or maybe at the end. Hopefully at the end after all the regular lol.

I made the mistake of not stalking the auction i was bidding on, and got outbid at the last minute. I'm so mad! Ill have to wait to build up more points so I don't have to settle on anything but dead rising.

Anyone know how much the gaming chair and sound bar retail for?

Good day at work so far. 30 minutes in and already have 4 dew caps.  I hope to be in the upper 20's by the end of the week having spent not much.

Once my trade goes through with mkh, I should have some more codes I need to put in. I'll get a total then but if anyone is wanting to get rid of some 360 games for some points hit me up.

I'm still hitting up all my cap centers and hopefully will still get quite a few I'll post here if I wind up collecting some I don't need.

bread's done
Back