Mountain Dew & Doritos [XboxONE promotion]

Still looking for any all MD/Doritos points.

Have:  MSP/PSN  will give $1 to 100 points ratio on it. Also have Itunes,nflshop and Dicks sporting goods GC for large giftings of points, will give very good rates on those, just PM me with what ya got.

With the deals going on for the products, I highly doubt they'll drop to the 25k range.  Even if the trend looks that way, you have people gifting extra points.  Not to mention that you can still save ~200 buying some of the products for codes at MSRP with a 35k price tag.  I've questioned how sustainable the points will be going into late November / Black Friday... but hoping for another 10k point drop is too optimistic, just like the pre-thread speculating at 15k point consoles out of the gate.

Just made a stop at a few CVS and a Walmart to pick up some points.  First time buying items purely for points, but I'll use it eventually.  Also hit up two targets, no displays at all. Stupid!

I had like 7,000 point on the mountain dew/doriots thing and justI went out and bought a bunch of mountain dew and doritos for the codes to reach 10,000 points so i could spend them to buy forza 5,  only to be shy 300 measly points =/  I dont live near a store which is a drag. 

Well went out today and looks like all the Mt. Dew 2 liters and 20 oz. bottles are switching over to the "green cap".  Still have tons of doritos contest bags though. 

Just wondering, if for some reason I do not win an auction, what would be the best prize to get? I saw the sound bar but I dont know much about them at all to know if its a good brand or worth the points. I'm at 37k right now. 

Just wondering, if for some reason I do not win an auction, what would be the best prize to get? I saw the sound bar but I dont know much about them at all to know if its a good brand or worth the points. I'm at 37k right now.
You will win a standard auction with 37k.

It was posted earlier, that once sold out, items will not restock... For some reason, I think there is still a chance though.

Last edited by a moderator:
It was posted earlier, that once sold out, items will not restock... For some reason, I think there is still a chance though.
Yeah I posted that from what I read in the FAQ. I'd be surprised if certain items didn't come back at the very least for black Friday.

Just got the last points i needed and used them to buy Forza 5,   the whole saving for the xbox one auction is just a pipe dream unless you have around 30k already,  im pretty positive it will never fall below 20k prob not even below 25k.  The average auction is still ending at over 40,000.

2 products of dew and 2 doriotos will net you 1,000 points in average with the 50 bonus points considering a 12 pack dew for 200 points is like $3.50 and doritos for 200 points are like $2.50 so thats $12 or $13 for every 1,000 points.  13x40= $520  if the auctions do go to 20k it will be 13x20= $260 

Anyway i felt done doing the points at 7k and decided to get up to 10k and just got the free forza 5 game before its sold out. (i wanted the controller but it sold out fast)  Another 10k of points would cost me around $130 so meh i felt i mis well gurrantee me a free game then take the chance it the auction dropping.  Right now there are still copies of dead rising/forza/ryse.  I would of gotten dead rising but i already have that pre ordered along with a xbox.

BTW my math may be off im not sure but i think it was correct lol

I'm telling ya, if you're willing to stay up till 2, 28k isn't out of the realm of possibility. I know the building price will level off at some point but right now the only reason why the average bet is still 40 K is because of how high they went for on the first day the average fit his drops 2k at least every day after the auctions close

I'm telling ya, if you're willing to stay up till 2, 28k isn't out of the realm of possibility. I know the building price will level off at some point but right now the only reason why the average bet is still 40 K is because of how high they went for on the first day the average fit his drops 2k at least every day after the auctions close
Im sure it will hit 28k but for someone like me who was tired of doing it and at only 7,200 i decided to get to 10,000 grab one of the the games instead of waiting it out then having there be nothing but useless keychains or dlc item to use them on after waiting. I have the $$$ set to buy the system but figured it would be better if i could get it easy with dew. Even if it was to goto 25k id still need alot of codes from 10k and even then its never a gurrantee youd even win.

My advise is if your near 20k id keep saving, but if you at like 5-7k id save up to 10k and hurry up and snag a item off the marketplace. The x1 controller is what i wanted but it sold out fast, the games seem to be going slower but once people realize how much more they need to win a system it will be already to late to grab a game with the points.

Good luck on getting a system. Just be sure you can get x amount of points to maybe win one before its to late. Im sure dead rising will got first, i would of gotten it if i hadnt had it pre ordered already. Getting the game or whatever off this marketplace will prob take 2 months anyway, i can wait that long for forza but not dead rising xD.

I'm waiting to get some coupons from Frito-Lay for free Doritos and then I will be selling my points. I will have over 2,000 for sale.

If your at 37k id save up to atleast 45k before bidding it all. Just to be sure you win one.

I have 5200 points up for trade. Make an offer. Would prefer amazon gift cards but open to other stuff too.

Offer done. No more points for me.

You know I'm just throwing this out there, but near teh end of the contest if everyone has bits and pieces of 2k and 5 k,  perhaps a CAG contest could be set up -  Certain amount of users donate to 1, and then each person has % of chance equal to donated points to win.  I don't know how that would be setup, but if u have 25K and it's Dec 8th what else u gonna do right

You guys need to check ebay every now and then.  I saw a MT. Dew 20,000 point auction that had bids for $239!!!!!  I went back to use my snip tool to show it, and it was gone!  That is the second one that I have seen that has been pulled.  I guess ebay is keeping close tabs on this!!!!

If your at 37k id save up to atleast 45k before bidding it all. Just to be sure you win one.
you can get one for 37k now. Hell I won mine on day three for 35800

And don't settle for a game you don't want 37k is more than enough for your choice of game at the moment.

After midnight is the best betting times.

We could see our first sub 30k auction tonight around 130 or at 2. I'm still so surprised they are going this low. Should be heartening though to those who are sitting at a middling range of points.

We could see our first sub 30k auction tonight around 130 or at 2. I'm still so surprised they are going this low. Should be heartening though to those who are sitting at a middling range of points.
I hope so, sitting at 30,525 but I have about 2k I can redeem if needed.

If anyone is right on the edge and just wants insurance I can loan points and you just give me back whatever you have after you win (including any extra). If you lose points it'll cost .75 per 100 points. No newbs please unless you have some Amazon GC I can hold until it's done. If you want to do this message me now I'm off til morning in about 45 minutes.

Oh, how quickly people throw in the towel (or cut their losses early on).  :lol: I'm still at around 4700 points with about 10K more points to enter. I'm still trying to find those Target codes before I add any points to my account. I'll also try to snag a few 2-liter Dews for the 2/$1 sale CVS is having until tomorrow. I'm still banking on 25K systems by Black Friday.  :whee:

And since everyone's going "trade crazy," I would like to make an offer:

*10K points trade for an Amazon Xbox One controller pre-order. I only need one person to make a trade with. I figure, that would be a nice way for someone who is sitting on those points to "cash out" on a missed prize from the marketplace and still receive it in less than "12-14 weeks." :lol: PM me if you're interested. I would also be willing to make it an order for one of the three games also at 10K points (Forza 5, Ryse and Dead Rising 3). I figure a few people may have Xbones already on preorder and just want an extra free game from the contest (without having to wait until January or February to get them).

If anyone is seriously considering buying something on the marketplace, please just PM me instead.

I'll trade you enough amazon, or buy for you, the game or controller or whatever at a better value.

bread's done
Back