Movie Gallery / Hollywood Video / Game Zone 3.99 PS2,GC,XBOX Preplayed Sale

Status
Not open for further replies.

LordVila

CAGiversary!
Feedback
63 (100%)
From now until further notice all preplayed PS2,XBOX and GC titles are 3.99. From the Movie Gallery store I work at I picked up 2 copies of Mercenaries 2 and Guitar Hero 3.

Also if your Movie Gallery has a Game Zone all preplayed Wii, 360 and PS3 games are 25% off. Most of the next gen games that are preplayed in the Game Zone sections come as trade-ins so you can generally find good copies its just that the selection wont be as good as a Gamestop.

Edit by Io - For those with Hollywood Videos around note that this sale applies only to stores that DO NOT have Gamecrazy's attached. Also, it is still highly YMMV at any given store. Some don't participate (manager's discretion) and some are just clueless and think you are talking about the concurrent $3.99 movie deal (which requires 2 rentals and only applies to movies $12.99 and under). I've gone to about 6 stores and have gotten about 4 different versions of the deal. There is a code they can scan that makes all these games come out to $3.99 no matter whether you rent or not and no matter what the original prices are - it is just YMMV whether they can A) Find that code and B) Choose to apply it to the games you want to buy ;).

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='SoulEdgeVII']Is this at Hollywood Video as well since Movie Gallery owns them?[/quote]

I would like to know as well. Is it like Gamestop/EB games/Software etc/etc where all of them are the same?

Not sure on whether it is at Hollywood Video as well. MG/HV don't always run the same promotions. I will swing by a Hollywood Video tomorrow and see if the promotion is running there.

Dang it, I just did the 3 for $30 at Movie Gallery. I picked up Haunting Ground, Xenosaga 3 and Assassin's Creed so I reckon that's ok.

This might sound like a stupid question but do they ring up at that price or do they have to be marked?

Also, does this include games that they currently rent out or only the ones on the endcaps.

My local Movie Gallery says it doesn't start until next week.

I also was wondering if it rings up automatically because it has copies of Lego Batman and Mercenaries 2 on PS2 --- currently marked at $24.99. I think they'll balk at reducing that to $3.99 manually, but if it rings up that way....I'm all over it.

Hmmm, I called Hollywood and they confirmed the sale. The guy at Movie Gallery didn't know what I was talking about.

Sounds like a dynamite sale, but I don't know about buying the games without their original cases. Kind of sucks, but I have noticed my local Hollywood Video has been using original cases for current gen stuff slowly but surely.

The sale price doesn't come up automatically, the associate has to type in the code to get the sale price to activate.

[quote name='LordVila']The sale price doesn't come up automatically, the associate has to type in the code to get the sale price to activate.[/quote]

So what do we tell the Associate if they don't know? seems like there should be some type of advertisement right? flyers? website?

Thanks for the notice! Definately check out the closest one to me soon.

[quote name='munch']So Hollywood Video is in on this? There's one right by me that I might check out.[/quote]
Only Hollywood video near me has a Gamecrazy attached so no deal for me.

Stores were sent flyers last week to put up on Sunday so all the Movie Gallery stores are supposed to have their signs up for it.

Got Samurai warriors, Kessen II, and Arc the lad: end of darkness at 3.99 each. Not sure if this applies at all stores but you have to also rent out 2 movies to get the deal (I just rented 2x1 dollar children movies and returned them as I walked out). Games were ment and complete.

My store verified 25% off but the kid who answered the phone there had no idea about a $4 on last generation games sale.

I just came back from my local Hollywood video and they didn't know about the $4 on last gen stuff... which sucks because they have a bunch of things I'm interested in buying. Anyone know what they have to do to make the sale activate?

I also don't see it here: http://www.hollywoodvideo.com/specials/

Lost cause for me?

Just got back from several Hollywood Videos in the Metro Detroit Area and all seem to be participating. GameCrazy said that they are not participating so YMMV on those.

Picked up the following for $3.99 Each

Game Cube
Spartan Total Warrior
Prince of Persia Warrior Within
Zelda Twilight Princess

PS2
Kingdom Hearts 1
Kingdom Hearts 2
Mercenaries 2
Star Wars Force Unleashed
Street Fighter Alpha Anthology
Lego Indiana Jones
Heroes of the Pacific
MLB Power Pros
Gauntlet Dark Legacy
God of War 2 disc-
Need for Speed Pro Street
WWE 2008
Soul Caliber 3
Fatal Fury Vol 1
Snoopy v Read Baron
Ratchet Dead Locked
Ratchet and Clank Going Commando

Now it is time to fire up the PS2

I'm calling now. If this turns out to be true, then this'll be an unbelievable deal.

EDIT: They said that they haven't gotten any memos about it, so it might not be taking effect at their store yet. They do have a sale of 3.99 on DVDs originally prices 12.99 or under... :(

I just got back from a Movie Gallery that's in a really random area. Nothing good in used games (they only had a few), but I scored my first 9 penny guides ever!

Grandia III
Saints Row x2
Gears of War x3
Spiderman 3 x3

Great. Only reason to go to a Movie Gallery in years and it comes while I'm on the road.
Place probably be raided by time I get back to check it out.

The first place I went knew about the sale and scanned a barcode for the items. The 2nd place I went didn't hear about the sale so they called the other store and got the code to input. I think the code is on the receipt and I may post it later but I doubt someone can just roll into a store with a code and get an employee to use it.

Auburn, WA Movie Gallery had the sale going on, with a couple of signs over the used game section (which was tiny and weak). Picked up Mega Man X Collection for Gamecube with original box and no instructions. Would have bought Black for XBox but it had a generic case. 90% of what remained was old sports games.

One of the ladies working there tried to say I had to rent 2 movies to get it for that price, but I pointed out that the fine print on the sign said no such thing and that was only applicable to the cheap DVDs. So don't let them rope you into renting anything.

[quote name='kosmos13x']Got Samurai warriors, Kessen II, and Arc the lad: end of darkness at 3.99 each. Not sure if this applies at all stores but you have to also rent out 2 movies to get the deal (I just rented 2x1 dollar children movies and returned them as I walked out). Games were ment and complete.[/quote]

I did not have to rent anything to get the deal. I picked up Pikman and Soul Caliber 3. They also had 25% off any Xbox 360, PS3 and Wii games.

[quote name='Agent_BBJ']I did not have to rent anything to get the deal. I picked up Pikman and Soul Caliber 3. They also had 25% off any Xbox 360, PS3 and Wii games.[/quote]

Yeah I'm not realizing that. But I'll let it slide since the employee was actually a rare nice guy and not a prick who actually helped me with other things without giving me the blow off feeling. Two bucks extra I'm not gonna complain about.

Awesome score!!

PS2:

Baldur's Gate II: Dark Alliance :D
Lego Indy Jones
Mercenarie 2
Wild Arms 5
Yakuza

GC:

Harvest Moon: Magical Melody

Hit up one MG last night and didn't really pick anything up. I am going to the larger store where I live today and hope to score some good stuff.

I went to mine and they didn't have signs up. I asked the guy working there and he thought it was for all games $12.99 and under with a rental for every five games. He checked on the computer and a few minutes later he got a printout that confirmed it was all PS2, XBox, & Gamecube games with no rental requirement. The coupon code (as shown on my receipt) is COPPG399. Also all Wii, Xbox360, and PS3 games are 25% off.

The guy at my Hollywood Video didn't know of the sale. They had MvC 2 for the xbox as well. What should I say to the guy working there?

[quote name='thefranchise2']I went to mine and they didn't have signs up. I asked the guy working there and he thought it was for all games $12.99 and under with a rental for every five games. He checked on the computer and a few minutes later he got a printout that confirmed it was all PS2, XBox, & Gamecube games with no rental requirement. The coupon code (as shown on my receipt) is COPPG399. Also all Wii, Xbox360, and PS3 games are 25% off.[/quote]

It would've been helpful if you mentioned which store (Hollywood or Movie Gallery) that you went to. I remember a different code for Hollywood Video.

Okay, I just called my local Hollywood Video and they said that the promotion was running only after the clerk checked something. I called yesterday and was told no after the clerk checked something.

I believe that it takes a day for the memo to go around to all the stores. Try calling again later if you get turned down today.

All of the stores should be doing this (although I can't confirm that the stores attached to a Gamecrazy are). One store I tried is refusing because the manager thinks the deal is an error. He's offering me $3.99 on any game $19.99 and less, which sucks because they have Mario Party 7, Mercenaries 2 (PS2), and Madden 09 (PS2). Can't complain though, so far I've gotten:

Mario Party 6
Zelda Twilight Princess
Dawn of Mana PS2
Grimgrimoire PS2
Mercenaries 2 PS2
Warriors Orochi PS2
Hot Shots Golf Fore PS2

Just got back from my Hollywood video, worked out great. Got a copy of every Zelda game on the Gamecube (The sale of the extra Collectors edition will also pay for the whole thing), and Shenmue 2. Was also going to get Radiata Stories, but they couldn't find the disk.

One thing I did notice though was that there were games in the big rack they were pulling them out of that were not on the shelf (Like I spoted Okami in there). Forgot to ask them to check for the PS2 version of Metal Slug Anthology though >_<

Maybe I should call them up and see if they have a few other games in stock and stop by there again tomorrow...

DAMN! nice haul for me near my movie gallery:

LEGO Batman (PS2)
DDR Max 2 (PS2)
Killer 7 (GC)
Wall-E (PS2)

gonna go check out another one a couple miles away. very nice sale tho!

[quote name='shoe478']It would've been helpful if you mentioned which store (Hollywood or Movie Gallery) that you went to. I remember a different code for Hollywood Video.[/quote]

I went to Movie Gallery.

[quote name='animemaniac14']DAMN! nice haul for me near my movie gallery:

LEGO Batman (PS2)
DDR Max 2 (PS2)
Killer 7 (GC)
Wall-E (PS2)

gonna go check out another one a couple miles away. very nice sale tho![/quote]

So, you didn't actually have to go inside?

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back