Movie Gallery / Hollywood Video / Game Zone 3.99 PS2,GC,XBOX Preplayed Sale

Status
Not open for further replies.

LordVila

CAGiversary!
Feedback
63 (100%)
From now until further notice all preplayed PS2,XBOX and GC titles are 3.99. From the Movie Gallery store I work at I picked up 2 copies of Mercenaries 2 and Guitar Hero 3.

Also if your Movie Gallery has a Game Zone all preplayed Wii, 360 and PS3 games are 25% off. Most of the next gen games that are preplayed in the Game Zone sections come as trade-ins so you can generally find good copies its just that the selection wont be as good as a Gamestop.

Edit by Io - For those with Hollywood Videos around note that this sale applies only to stores that DO NOT have Gamecrazy's attached. Also, it is still highly YMMV at any given store. Some don't participate (manager's discretion) and some are just clueless and think you are talking about the concurrent $3.99 movie deal (which requires 2 rentals and only applies to movies $12.99 and under). I've gone to about 6 stores and have gotten about 4 different versions of the deal. There is a code they can scan that makes all these games come out to $3.99 no matter whether you rent or not and no matter what the original prices are - it is just YMMV whether they can A) Find that code and B) Choose to apply it to the games you want to buy ;).

Last edited by a moderator:
Holy freaking bejesus.... hit the Gamezone and another Movie Gallery. Got:

Disgaea 2
Wall-E
Cubivore
Futurama (Xbox)
2 Twilight Princess (disc only)
2 Madden 09
Okami
Shadow Hearts
Tales of Legendia
Radiata Stories
We Love Katamari
Sid Meyers Pirates
Pokemon Gayness of Darkness
Pikmin 2
3 HD-DVD's (3 for $10)
some other games but can't remember.... all for about $80.

Went to Lamestop, walked out with $170 credit (kept a good bit of stuff though). Paid of Gears of War 2, picked up Little Big Planet, and picked up a used copy of the AC/DC Rock Band track pack.

[quote name='Skylander7']...and picked up a used copy of the AC/DC Rock Band track pack.[/QUOTE]

You know that the export code has most likely been used and if that is the case, you can't import them into Rock Band 2, right? You can only play it as a plain old stand-alone game, kinda like the original GH progressions (beat a song, move on) if the code has been used already (which I can imagine it was).

I just went to HV and got some sort of Harvest Moon, Final Fantasy X2 and Mario Power Tennis. That was basically all they had that I recognized besides Paper Mario. Maybe I'll try the other one in my area. Still pretty good, though

Hmph-- the chick on the phone at the Vinings, GA MovieGallery just told me that you have to rent two movies to get games at the 3.99 price. This may have been mentioned in the thread, but I don't have time to read it all right now.

Anyway, I'm not gonna hike over there to check with that condition in play.

[quote name='little_krampy']Better hurry up and get to your stores CAGers, someone just posted this deal on SD!!! Errrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!!![/quote]

:whistle2:s

I think I've exhausted my stores so if anyone finds anything now, more power to ya.

[quote name='Scorch']GameCrazy shouldn't be doing the $3.99 deal. The only "last gen" deal running right now is 20% off all PS2, XB and GC games. nothing about 3.99 preplayed games.[/QUOTE]

I hit up my local Hollywood and much to my surprise they were running this deal, though without any signage. I asked and they said they were - the best kind of deal (ie, only I know about it and Joe Bob in there to rent movies doesn't ;)). I got Madden 09 and Merc 2. I was gonna get Star Wars Force Unleashed but the disc was missing (another stolen game according to them). I passed up a bunch of other stuff but I may go back to get it. This was the first time I ever used a Gamecrazy gift card there too and it worked like a charm - so I didn't even need to pay cash (used my trade credit from Gamecrazy).

I need to get out and hit up other stores, but I was wondering about the Gamecrazy issue. They were going to call other stores to see if they could find SWFU for me but most of the other stores nearby are also Gamecrazy stores, so I assume I'll have little to no luck getting the games there. Or do the Hollywood's attached to them have their own inventory that is sold seperately?

Anyway, most of the time I'm happy there are so many Gamecrazy stores around - this is one of those times I'm not, as I'm not sure where the next closest non-Gamecrazy Hollywood is located. Will have to search their store locator...

Of course, there isn't an original case to be had amongst their entire collection since they were all converted rentals. They are also in crappy shape but they did clean one for me and it looks much better. Anyway, this is the reason I passed on the "lesser" stuff (Wild Arms 5, Wall-E, Family Guy, etc) as I'm not even sure it is worth the $3.99 in that case.

[quote name='Skylander7']Holy freaking bejesus.... hit the Gamezone and another Movie Gallery. Got:

Disgaea 2
Wall-E
Cubivore
Futurama (Xbox)
2 Twilight Princess (disc only)
2 Madden 09
Okami
Shadow Hearts
Tales of Legendia
Radiata Stories
We Love Katamari
Sid Meyers Pirates
Pokemon Gayness of Darkness
Pikmin 2
3 HD-DVD's (3 for $10)
some other games but can't remember.... all for about $80.

Went to Lamestop, walked out with $170 credit (kept a good bit of stuff though). Paid of Gears of War 2, picked up Little Big Planet, and picked up a used copy of the AC/DC Rock Band track pack.[/QUOTE]

I forgot to look at movies. What HD DVD's did you get and was there a big selection or few.

My local movie gallery had the sign for it but their preplayed section was utter crap. Anyway I was gonna buy harvest moon but I had a late fee on my acct that they wouldn't waive so I said screw it.

Thanks to the Blockbuster thread i found this deal.
Just nabbed on my way to work:
PS2
SW Force Unleashed, Mercs 2, Lego Indy, REZ, Wall-E.
Gamecube
mario party 7.

Have to go to store locator and take the kids on a road trip tomorrow.
REZ was in the converted rental box, they had a second one there.
Lego was a converted rental also.

THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK
ALL c.a.g.'s who make this SO MUCH FUN!!!

[quote name='georox']278.90 in GameStop credit from $48 in cash is my grand total.[/quote]
Please share what games you trade and with what bonuses?

Ran across some issues where I went.

1) The HV with a GC attached was not honoring the deal

2) The MG I went to had a bad selection

3) The HV that I went to without a GC had a code, knew about the deal, and honored it. However, the $3.99 only worked on games priced under $15. Everything priced above that, the coupon did not work on. So, I got out of there with pretty some good stuff, but I had to leave a few good ones behind because they rang up at $15+.

SI

I used to work at HV, so I know the people at my HV very well. I was able to get SW:TFU, Mercs 2, Madden 09, and Guitar Hero 3 (all of which were priced more than $15) and the coupon worked just fine. So to those of you who are having problems with the coupon not working, the employee is lying to you.

[quote name='Kingfalcon']I used to work at HV, so I know the people at my HV very well. I was able to get SW:TFU, Mercs 2, Madden 09, and Guitar Hero 3 (all of which were priced more than $15) and the coupon worked just fine. So to those of you who are having problems with the coupon not working, the employee is lying to you.[/quote]

I dunno. Guy seemed pretty genuine about it and didn't care when I put back the ones over that. He asked me about it before ringing me up and you can see on the receipt that it says "3.99 - 12.99 or Less PV" for each line item. I also got a game that was 14.99 and that notation doesn't show up for it :)ps2: Dark Cloud 2). But I could be wrong.

SI

SWEET. I called my hollywood videos and they got all these 1st party GC games in stacks. The guy even encouraged me to come get them all xD

I went to two regular Hollywood videos. They had the signage up and had to scan a coupon from their book for each item to get the deal. I think i made out pretty good:

GC
LoZ: Wind Waker
Mario Party 6
Mario Party 7
Mario Power Tennis
Tales of Symphonia

XBX
Baldurs Gate Dark Alliance 2
Dreamfall x2
Dragon's Lair 3d
Family Guy
Ninja Gaiden Black
Predator
SW: Kotor
Street Fighter Anniversary

PS2
Alone in the Dark
Atelier Iris 3
Disgaea 2
Kung Fu Panda
Lego Indiana Jones
Mercenaries 2
Metal Slug 4 & 5
Rogue Galaxy
Samurai Legend Musashi
SW: The Force Unleashed x2
Street Fighter Anniversary
Suikoden 4
Suikoden 5 x2
Wall-e
Wild Arms 5
Yakuza
Yakuza 2

I was psyched to find Yakuza 2 as i've been wanting to find it cheap. The others all are icing on the cake. To clear something up, per the signage, you only have to rent 2 movies if you are buying the $3.99 movies, not the games. The only fine print on the 3.99 deal is that you are limited to the retail quantity (i'm guessing that means u cant buy the rentals)

I finally got a chance to do this deal, but unfortunately some fucker cleaned out any copies of Mercs 2 and SW: FU for PS2 from each store.

I did, however, pick up the following:

PS2: Nascar 09, Guitar Hero III, Gladius
Xbox: Stubbs The Zombie, Leisure Suit Larry
GC: Paper Mario

After buying those games, I turned around and flipped them with some of my own cheap games at both Blockbuster AND Gamestop.

Gamestop- Price before bonus(price after bonus)

GH 3: $10.50($13.65)
Paper Mario: $6.75($8.77)

Blockbuster-

Nascar 09: $16

I ended up keeping Stubbs, Gladius and a copy of Leisure Suit Larry for Xbox(complete no less).

All in all, a good day, since I got $39.25 @ Blockbuster for a combination of my own games and the HWV deal ones and I got $25.67 from Gamestop for FIVE games. Hehehe I like this sale, but I wish they had some better games left at the two local HWV stores.

I got the following today:

:ps2: Marvel vs. Capcom 2
:ps2: Rez
:ps2: Naruto Uzumaki Chronicles 2
:ps2: GTA: Liberty City Stories
:ps2: Mercenaries 2: World in Flames (x2)
:ps2: Lego Indiana Jones: The Original Adventures
:ps2: Magna Carta
:ps2: Futurama
:ps2: Raiden III
:ps2: Dynasty Warriors 5
:ps2: Gitaroo Man
:xbox: Marvel vs. Capcom 2
:xbox: Baldur's Gate: Dark Alliance II
:gc: Animal Crossing
:gc: Mario Party 7

:D

Hit up the Hollywood Video on the East Lansing/ Lansing, MI border and picked up

XBOX
Lego Star Wars 2
Star Wars Battlefront 2 x2

PS2
GTA SA x3

GC
Mario SS Baseball x3
Zelda Windtalker
Zelda Twilight Princess
Mario Party 4
Super Mario Sunshine
SSB Melee
Pokemon XD Battle of Darkness x2

Not sure if you can trade multiple copies of each game if not may have to hit up multiple GS/EB still some more games there in the 6-8 $ trade in range, but no high value games yet and I didnt want to drop more then 75. The staff said they were putting out some more games witch should be out tomorrow gonna keep my eyes peeled.

Unfortunately I'm away from home on business until Friday. There is a HV here that I can see from my hotel but it has a Gamecrazy attached. Looked up Movie Gallery on the web and made a 10 mile trip to the nearest one after confirming they were doing the $3.99 sale. It was in some small podunk town and they didn't have anything good (most of the stuff was REALLY old, they had MVP Baseball 2005 out...). Hopefully my local stores won't be ransacked before I get home, but I won't hold my breath.

I was able to pick up the following at one store -

PS2 -

Mercenaries 2
Kung Fu Panda
Lego Indy Jones
Wall-E

GC -

Mario Power Tennis
Mario Kart Double Dash
Mario Golf Toadstool Tour
Legend of Zelda Twilight Princess
Pokemon XD Gale of Darkness (x2)

Xbox -

Star Wars KOTOR II

By the way, these were all stickered with tags ranging from $14.99 to $39.99. They had clear signage that stated they were on sale for $3.99, and they scanned a coupon upon checkout. No problems at all. Total after tax was $47.41!

[quote name='georox']278.90 in GameStop credit from $48 in cash is my grand total.[/quote]

I call BS on this as well until i see some numbers. You must have scored a couple copies of Marvel V Capcom 2 or something. :roll:Until i see real numbers.

I went to my Hollywood Video, either expecting everything to be gone or our store not participating, and it turns out they were participating but NOBODY knew about it. No advertising. Nothing. I had to have the employees scan things.

So...I went to town.

I got, for $4 a pop:

Madden 2009 (3 copies)
Star Wars Force Unleashed
Street Fighter Alpha Anthology
Guitar Hero: Aerosmith
Mario Power Tennis
Sukoden 4
Guiter Hero II
Mercenaries 2
Lego Star Wars
MLB Power Pros

Some of 'em were complete. Just told the cashier I was buying Christmas gifts, which I was.

[quote name='king007']I call BS on this as well until i see some numbers. You must have scored a couple copies of Marvel V Capcom 2 or something. :roll:Until i see real numbers.[/quote]

... think about it. All it takes is numerous copies of new release titles like Mercs 2 or Lego Indiana Jones or the Force Unleashed or Madden 09. I'm not lucky enough to have any of these titles available around me, but with the bonus 30% (40% counting Edge) on trade ins to Gamestop that you get for these titles, you can get around $25 a copy.

$4-> $25
$48->$278

I went to a Hollywood Video/GameCrazy combo and they weren't doing the deal. The manager (I think) did mention that $7.99 and less past gen (and probably 360) games were going to be 3 or 4 (can't remember, though I'm leaning towards 3) for $20 and $4.99 and less games were going to be 4 for $10, tomorrow. Eh, it might not be Guitar Hero, Mercs 2, and first party Nintendo games, but there were a few things I saw that I'll go back for for $2.50 each.

[quote name='king007']I call BS on this as well until i see some numbers. You must have scored a couple copies of Marvel V Capcom 2 or something. :roll:Until i see real numbers.[/quote]I went from $22 cash to $107 GS credit today w/ only 5 titles. Bought an Edge membership (finally) which got me the extra 10%, but the $14.99 came out of the credit. The $4.33 is $3.99 + local tax.

[All PS2]
Guitar Hero 3 $4.33 -> $14.70
LEGO Indiana Jones $4.33 -> $26.25
Madden NFL 2009 $4.33 -> $28.00
Star Wars: The Force Unleashed $4.33 -> $26.25
Mercenaries 2 $4.33 -> $26.25
Edge Membership -$14.99

= $106.46 credit from $21.65 cash spent

[quote name='king007']I call BS on this as well until i see some numbers. You must have scored a couple copies of Marvel V Capcom 2 or something. :roll:Until i see real numbers.[/quote]
I personally bought 3xMadden 09, 2xSW:TFU, 2xMercs 2, and 1xGH3 for roughly $34 and turned it into $200 of credit, so that is very believable. Figure he got 12 games and was able to use his edge card and the trade 5 get 30% extra bonus. :roll:

man some of you are making out pretty well. i only went to the store closest to me as i knew it didn't have a gamecrazy attached. i have to more 2 hit up on friday so hopefully theres no signs up and stuff is still left for me to pick over. i was able to snag:

ps2
mercs 2
star wars force unleashed
incredible hulk x2

xbox
marvel vs capcom 2

gc
star fox assault

[quote name='iamryanstover']Hit up the Hollywood Video on the East Lansing/ Lansing, MI border and picked up

. . . . . . . .

Not sure if you can trade multiple copies of each game if not may have to hit up multiple GS/EB still some more games there in the 6-8 $ trade in range, but no high value games yet and I didnt want to drop more then 75. The staff said they were putting out some more games witch should be out tomorrow gonna keep my eyes peeled.[/quote]

Grrr . . didn't realize there was competition in the area and couldn't make it out tonight.

[quote name='nakanenui']The store locator doesnt distinguish HV only stores. And the darn Movie Gallery website doesnt really work. Any help?[/quote]

All you have to do is use the store locator at HV site(which is crappy admittedly) and then run the store locator from GameCrazy website and compare the listed locations looking for HV stores that do NOT show up on the GameCrazy website.

OR

You can use the store locator at HIV site and then call each one of them and ask them if they have a GameCrazy store attached to them OR if they sell used games themselves as HV.

Have fun ! :D

P.S. You can also use the store locator at MOVIEGALLERY.com and see if you have any of those stores near you as well. :cool:

Two GameStops to flip to. EDGE card. 30% bonus. Honestly, I'd scan my receipt but the fuck do I need to prove anything to you for? :)

Anyways, Friday I finish off my final two preorders, then see about finding more stuff to flip to get Fable 2/Dead Space.

[quote name='Xfactor4']All you have to do is use the store locator at HV site(which is crappy admittedly) and then run the store locator from GameCrazy website and compare the listed locations looking for HV stores that do NOT show up on the GameCrazy website.

OR

You can use the store locator at HIV site and then call each one of them and ask them if they have a GameCrazy store attached to them OR if they sell used games themselves as HV.

Have fun ! :D

P.S. You can also use the store locator at MOVIEGALLERY.com and see if you have any of those stores near you as well. :cool:[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the help. Fun, not so much, but hopefully the stores in area are not too cleaned out.

I have two Movie Gallery's in town. Is this YMMV? Or what qualifies a store for this? Does it have to be a Movie Gallery/Game Zone?

[quote name='jaydepps']I have two Movie Gallery's in town. Is this YMMV? Or what qualifies a store for this? Does it have to be a Movie Gallery/Game Zone?[/quote]

This is not YMMV. Just pick up your phone and call them and ask about the sale they are having right now on used games at Movie Gallery that your friends told you about.;)

It is all used XBOX 360/PS3/Wii games 25% off

and

ALL used XBox, PS2, and GC games are only $3.99 !!

The games will not be marked that price but instead will be marked SRP ($14.99-$34.99) and after they ring them up at full price, they have to scan a little coupon barcode that they keep behind the register to discount EACH game down to $3.99 each !

[quote name='jaydepps']Thanks Xfactor. I will have to have my dad check this out for me as I am in college.[/quote]

No problem ! Always happy to help out another CHEAP ASS GAMER ! :lol: Especially a "starving" college student !:p

Make haste though young lad since I heard this deal is now on SL*CK DE@LS as well !

Thanks again. I will ask my dad to check both tomorrow. I hate those slickdealers... Titles to keep an eye out for are Mercs 2 and Star Wars Force Unleashed? I have never traded with Gamestop or any store before. Thanks

EDIT: Anime, I believe you have to rent two to qualify, so just go to the kids section and get two $1 movies.

[quote name='animemaniac14']so what should i say to the idiot employees who keep tellin me i have to rent 2 movies in order to qualify for this deal?[/quote]

I know someone posted it originally, and I found guessed post this, but there's an actual coupon code you can have them type I suppose.

Coupon code: COPPG399

Not sure if that would get you over the hurdle, but I'm not sure how their promotions and what not are handled. I'm mostly used to GameStop's, but HWV probably does things differently. You could always tell him/her that you called one of the HV phone numbers and they gave you that code or something.

How are you guys getting the 30% bonus from Gamestop? Do I need a coupon or is it trade in any 5 games and receive an extra 30% bonus?

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back