MS Live.com Search Cashback program - 25% Cashback @ eBay

fwacce

CAGiversary!
Already on every other board. Should be here as well.

just noticed this while doing a search on live.com for the wii... basically eBay is giving 35% off pretty much anything on their site (only Buy It Now w/ PayPal items) through a Microsoft CashBack program. this is huge... you can get up to $250 back. i just bought a roomba and got $100 off.

here's where i found the 35% off: http://search.live.com/results.aspx?q=nintendo+wii&form=QBRE ... not sure if they have higher % off in other places?

here are the terms and conditions on eBay's site: http://pages.ebay.com/cashbackoffer/terms.html
looks like you can do this up to 3 times.
Would be a great use on a PS3 with some games. You can get up to $750 or so to get the maximum $250 back.

[quote name='judyjudyjudy']Okay, I just bought a Metal Gear Solid 4 80GB bundle off eBay... Assuming I don't have a bad seller and the cashback goes through, this deal is awesome. This site is horrible for my wallet. Thanks OP for sharing!

This is a pretty good deal. I think maybe it warrants being moved back to the Video Games Deal forum.[/QUOTE]

Why was this moved out of the main forum? If 35% off eBay purchases isn't considered a hot video game deal, then I don't know what is. Maybe CAG has some relationship with MS and eBay that they don't want people abusing this. Strange since CAG doesn't mind if people abuse other stores.

[quote name='fwacce']Why was this moved out of the main forum? If 35% off eBay purchases isn't considered a hot video game deal, then I don't know what is. Maybe CAG has some relationship with MS and eBay that they don't want people abusing this. Strange since CAG doesn't mind if people abuse other stores.[/quote]
Or perhaps the deal pertains to eBay, which is an auction site. Perhaps you haven't noticed but this thread is now in Game Auctions & Auction Discussions ;)

I searched a few things and the most I get is 15%...

Plus, I don't really need anything that comes up (it only shows brand name stuff).

[quote name='SynGamer']Or perhaps the deal pertains to eBay, which is an auction site. Perhaps you haven't noticed but this thread is now in Game Auctions & Auction Discussions ;)[/QUOTE]In the past, they've moved eBay deals that are either for a specific seller or specific auction, and I get why they'd move those since it's probably limited to few in terms of buyers and interest. This deal is pretty general and applies to everything with BIN, and 35% is huge...

Edited to add:Whoa, looks dead now. It's changed to 10%?

[quote name='Vinny']I searched a few things and the most I get is 15%...

Plus, I don't really need anything that comes up (it only shows brand name stuff).[/quote]
Oh, so it's not a flat 35?

[quote name='Foolman']Oh, so it's not a flat 35?[/QUOTE]

I dunno... maybe I'm doing it wrong?

I'm seeing 10% for Wiis and 15% for Playstation 3s.

[quote name='Foolman']Oh, so it's not a flat 35?[/QUOTE]Before if you clicked the eBay text advertisement at the top of the search results page OP linked, you'd go to eBay and there'd be a message on every page saying BIN is 35% off. It's a flat percentage off, tho now it's 10%.

[quote name='Pookymeister']thats makes it an easy decision for me then.[/QUOTE]

Same. Saving 100% by not buying anything I really didn't need.

[quote name='Pookymeister']thats makes it an easy decision for me then.[/QUOTE]

It's unfortunate that more members of this site didn't get in on this due to it being buried in this forum.

Rats, I could've gotten an iphone. :( wish the thread hadn't been moved around so I could've picked up on it sooner...

It still works for some search terms, like I just searched for "XBOX 360" and the ad popped up (not all the time tho, I guess it cycles through ads).

Wait wait, I did this with 3 products then went to confirm a cashback account. On my "cashbank account" it says that I have 0$ pending. wtf did I get screwed?

[quote name='Theduck']Wait wait, I did this with 3 products then went to confirm a cashback account. On my "cashbank account" it says that I have 0$ pending. wtf did I get screwed?[/QUOTE]Folks in other forums say it shows up after a day or two, and then it stays pending for the 60 days.

If that's not the case, then I'm screwed along with you :p I feel okay about it since the messages in the eBay inbox have the cashback totals.

taken from slickdeals:

http://forums.slickdeals.net/showthread.php?t=846962

Only applies to Buy It Now items paid for using PayPal. For example, go to http://www.live.com/ (type it into your browser, don't click the link in this post) and search for "Cheap Wii", "Cheap Xbox", or "Cheap PS3". Other searches work too. Check the paid results at the top and right for a link to eBay with the "live search cashback" icon. Click it and you'll be taken to eBay. Then you can search for anything on ebay. Make sure you search within the criteria that they are buy it now items that can be paid for using paypal.

Once you click commit to buy, there will be another screen that shows up confirming the 35% cash back.

With this, you can buy a Nintendo wii that is priced around $280 for $180 after cash back.

People who missed out on the walmart MGS4 deal can get the bundle for around $600 and only have to pay about $390 after cash back.

YOU CAN NOT BUY GIFT CARDS.

You'll see the "35% Microsoft Cashback" in the ebay header next to your name when signed in and THROUGHOUT your purchase if you've followed the process correctly.

It will take a maximum of 60 days for Microsoft to credit the cash back to your paypal account.

READ THE IMPORTANT TERMS OF SERVICE (via Ebay)
Interesting Points of Note:

* You must successfully complete an eligible purchase on www.eBay.com using “Buy-It-Now” within sixty (60) minutes of clicking on an eBay paid search advertisement marked with the Live Search cashback logo (a “Online Session”);
* Cashback Rewards will be applied only to the first eligible item you commit to buy during an Online Session.
* Limit of 3 Online Sessions (transactions per account)
* Limit of $250 cashback (individuals claim that combined orders (3) that exceed $250 in cashback fail to process correctly. So it appears that it is a limit of $250 total cashback in a total of 3 transactions.)
* Requires a 60 day waiting period before it MUST be credited to your Paypal Account
* Only works on Buy It Now Items

ALSO - It takes at least a day (up to a week sometimes) for your rebate to show up and say pending in your account. Don't panic if its not there instantly, it'll post.

I got Non US paypal account and a US ebay account.
Just wonder can i get the rebate as well?
I'm currently in bradenton florida :)

I hope you're the OP of that thread, because directly copying his material without indicating who it belonged to is pretty pathetic, IMO...

Posted here already. Moved to Auction Forum by some mod, which is why you and everyone else missed it.

So I went a little crazy yesterday...picked up a brand new PS3 40GB for $249, a used 360 Arcade w/ a game for $149, and two pairs of Yamaha speakers for my ceiling for $106 - all prices after the cash back of course. I figure if I decide later that I don't want it I could easily sell the stuff for what I paid for it. If this damn thing doesn't go through I'm screwed though! Oh well, gotta roll the dice sometimes.

i placed an order yesterday but the amount is still not appearing on the cashback site... how long before it does? i have already clicked the link in my ebay messages

guess im screwed with you guys as well but ill wait a few more days to see if it appears

Odd, I'm not seeing 35% anywhere on cashback. I'm only seeing 10%, even using the OPs link.

Edit -- should have read further :)

i searched for xbox 360 and it came up first try

i would really like to wait for it to appear on my cashback account before i use it again...

also try searching different things. the search that got me the 35% back link was "monk dvd."

i clicked on the link and then did an ebay search for what i was actually looking for. the buy it now page indicated that i would indeed get the 35% back.

I don't understand how this works.

I go to Live, eventually see a 35% off Ps3 thing, so I click on it. But then if I search through eBay, is it still good? I don't see a symbol anywhere.

[quote name='tofuji']also try searching different things. the search that got me the 35% back link was "monk dvd."

i clicked on the link and then did an ebay search for what i was actually looking for. the buy it now page indicated that i would indeed get the 35% back.[/QUOTE]

ahh, cool, wasn't sure if that would work. I might pick up that DS now, if I can find a decent priced buy it now price.

Also, I'm suspicious about this. Why the hell would MS / eBay / PP do this? 35% off most anything, 3 times!??

I'm thinking the MS cash back thing is going to require a credit card to sign up, and thus a subscription.

If done correctly, you will see this at the top of eBay

pmoGleam35_150x23.gif

Cashback requires nothing, you tie it into your live account. Microsoft will make affiliate money, advertising money, etc. Same crap they did with the Live Club.

[quote name='Quintox']I don't understand how this works.

I go to Live, eventually see a 35% off Ps3 thing, so I click on it. But then if I search through eBay, is it still good? I don't see a symbol anywhere.[/quote]

the symbol should be on the top, by the ebay logo.

you'll see how much you get back before finalizing the purchase.

ahhhh.......
For some reason, I didn't get a message in my ebay inbox (link to the MS Live website) after making a purchase.
Hopefully, I'm not screwed.
Good thing I have a screenshow showing the 35% discount during checkout.
Anyone else having the same issue?

[quote name='tofuji']the symbol should be on the top, by the ebay logo.

you'll see how much you get back before finalizing the purchase.[/quote]

It doesn't show when I click the link from Live.com , but when I push "Myebay" it then shows, but then I search and it's gone...

i'm guessing this is dead...

I'm just getting 10% as well. Oh well, didn't really need anything

EDIT: You can still get the 35% icon to appear on the top, if you search for "xbox 360" and click those adverts.
But I still dont trust this. I feel risking thew money and time aren't worth it for something I don't need atm.

Bought a wii points card for $18, f/s- gets me $6.30 back
nothing crazy, in case this turns into a huge disaster, even though there can be some awesome deals
Do believe everything will be honored, but it all definitely feels too good to be true

i went for it. ordered a metal gear 80 gig bundle for $629 free shipping and had an icon saying 220 cash back throughout the transaction. So, hopefully i'll net $409 on this deal.

[quote name='wbc1228']ahhhh.......
For some reason, I didn't get a message in my ebay inbox (link to the MS Live website) after making a purchase.
Hopefully, I'm not screwed.
Good thing I have a screenshow showing the 35% discount during checkout.
Anyone else having the same issue?[/QUOTE]

a post on slickdeals says it may take a few days for the message to come, i just ordered and haven't gotten the message yet.

edit: about 2 min after i paid, i got the message for $220 cash back on my new ps3. yeah baby!!!!

Hey, I couldn't get the link to work either. But if you read the wiki, it should help you out

If you're a TWC/RR customer and you're unable to access the Get Cash Back button in My Message to create your account, do this:

1) Goto hxxp://ww23.rr.com/prefs.php (or whatever redirection service is for your area). You can also find this out by typing tracert cashbackaccount.search.live.com on a cmd box and use the IP addresss of the last server hit.
2) Select disable redirection (this is the first option - web address redirection service).

How long does it take for the "You've earned cashback" message to appear?

p.s. purchase #1 was for a sealed copy of Boom Blox. Will be approx $30. I was in the market anyway, so.....

edit: And there it is!

bread's done
Back