MS Live.com Search Cashback program - 25% Cashback @ eBay

fwacce

CAGiversary!
Already on every other board. Should be here as well.

just noticed this while doing a search on live.com for the wii... basically eBay is giving 35% off pretty much anything on their site (only Buy It Now w/ PayPal items) through a Microsoft CashBack program. this is huge... you can get up to $250 back. i just bought a roomba and got $100 off.

here's where i found the 35% off: http://search.live.com/results.aspx?q=nintendo+wii&form=QBRE ... not sure if they have higher % off in other places?

here are the terms and conditions on eBay's site: http://pages.ebay.com/cashbackoffer/terms.html
looks like you can do this up to 3 times.
Would be a great use on a PS3 with some games. You can get up to $750 or so to get the maximum $250 back.

I used this to get a 4GB MicroSD card for under $15 shipped....I just wanted to try and see if it worked. Unfortunately, PayPal DOUBLE charge me for this, so now I am trying to contact the seller to have him refund my money for one transaction. Damn PayPal.

I picked up a Logitech DriveFX wheel for 360 for $45 after cashback and shipping. Not bad.

Going to try to get the $5 Pricegrabber rebate for that...probably won't work with Ebay purchases but my PayPal receipt only says Ebay once and maybe they won't notice :)

[quote name='Quintox']Also, I'm suspicious about this. Why the hell would MS / eBay / PP do this? 35% off most anything, 3 times!??

I'm thinking the MS cash back thing is going to require a credit card to sign up, and thus a subscription.[/quote]

I used it twice already. Got ebay confirmation that i will be getting my cashback on both.

Think of it as a crazy promo to spread the word about cashback.live.com. Like google checkout did with their $10 off back then. I think MS is big enough company that they won't eat their words.

Yeah, I spotted the deal when it only had a few pages on SD - picked up a basketball arm warmer, memory card for the 360, and 1600 MS points - getting 18 bucks cash back for around 55 bucks of purchases is pretty cool with me.

A lot of people were jumping on the 60GB PS3 bundles and pretty much anything over 500 dollars, as it yielded the maximum 250 dollar cashback PER transaction.

It's surprising to see how many people are in such a rush to get in on the deal before it's dead, that they clog posts with limitless stupidity. If you read the wiki, you will get the discount. You can save up to $750, (250 dollar max cashback per purchase, up to 3 purchases) - you should only start to worry if your account status hasn't changed from pending in 7 days.

It's really not tough guys. Microsoft's servers got absolutely pounded last night, and they're still sorting through all the mess; don't be surprised if it takes a few days for everything to get cleared up.

[quote name='jacknicklson']Funny how the ps3 is the most mentioned so far[/quote]

That's because PS3 is expensive and fucking awesome so people want it. But if this thing is real (and I'd NEVER trust microsoft to make good on it) why not go for a 60GB? You'd probably get close to that $250 limit and you'd end up with a PS3 that's actually worth having.

If there's nothing you actually want to buy, you can always just buy rolls of coins or stacks of currency that's selling for around $720 (saw some people selling coins or 30 $20 bills). You get 35% cash back on that, so even though you pay more up front initially, you actually profit in the end. Best of all, you can pocket the currency when it arrives.

After 3 hours of searching, I still haven't found anything to buy.

(and since i work for microsoft, they're double paying me to buy something)

Think I'll buy a krugerrand.

I'm still a little confused on how it works...I went to live.com did a search and it brought me to eBay which I did a search within there to find the game(s) I wanted...can I assume that I did it right since it shows the icon on the top page?:
ebaylswqb5.png

@LinkinPrime: Yes; click through Buy it Now and you'll see all of it add up onto your paypal page. It will show you exactly how much you're getting cash back. You'll get a confirmation via eBay messages in about 5 - 10 minutes after you've made your payment.

Now I do have a question after that step though. I've got the messages in my eBay inbox but I'm not showing the transactions as pending on my cashback page. It's been just a few hours since my eBay purchases. How long should it take before they go to "pending" on my cashback screen?

[quote name='blissfulnoise']@LinkinPrime: Yes; click through Buy it Now and you'll see all of it add up onto your paypal page. It will show you exactly how much you're getting cash back. You'll get a confirmation via eBay messages in about 5 - 10 minutes after you've made your payment.

Now I do have a question after that step though. I've got the messages in my eBay inbox but I'm not showing the transactions as pending on my cashback page. It's been just a few hours since my eBay purchases. How long should it take before they go to "pending" on my cashback screen?[/quote]

Thanks, I did it and I got that cashback icon indicating how much I'd be getting back. Can this be used once only?

EDIT: To answer your question:
Q: A purchase isn't showing up in my account. What should I do?

A: Most purchases appear as pending within a day or two, but occasionally a store may take longer to tell us about your purchase. If you made a purchase more than 7 days ago that isn't displayed in your cashback account, contact us with your purchase details. We'll get back to you just as soon as we can. Go to top

[quote name='blissfulnoise']@LinkinPrime: Yes; click through Buy it Now and you'll see all of it add up onto your paypal page. It will show you exactly how much you're getting cash back. You'll get a confirmation via eBay messages in about 5 - 10 minutes after you've made your payment.

Now I do have a question after that step though. I've got the messages in my eBay inbox but I'm not showing the transactions as pending on my cashback page. It's been just a few hours since my eBay purchases. How long should it take before they go to "pending" on my cashback screen?[/QUOTE]

from the faq on the live cashback site

Q: A purchase isn't showing up in my account. What should I do?
A: Most purchases appear as pending within a day or two, but occasionally a store may take longer to tell us about your purchase. If you made a purchase more than 7 days ago that isn't displayed in your cashback account, contact us with your purchase details. We'll get back to you just as soon as we can.

[quote name='billg']If there's nothing you actually want to buy, you can always just buy rolls of coins or stacks of currency that's selling for around $720 (saw some people selling coins or 30 $20 bills). You get 35% cash back on that, so even though you pay more up front initially, you actually profit in the end. Best of all, you can pocket the currency when it arrives.[/quote]

Ha, thats awesome. Saw the guy selling $600 for $720. 35% of 720 is $250.

I wonder if this will fly for very long.

Well I got a 4,000 points card for $43.99 minus $15.40 in 60 days, so almost 50% off retail at $28.59 (like 43%).

[quote name='LinkinPrime']Thanks, I did it and I got that cashback icon indicating how much I'd be getting back. Can this be used once only?

EDIT: To answer your question:[/QUOTE]

My bad, I totally skipped that section I guess. Just a bit paranoid since my ebay account isn't the same as my paypal account. Thanks for the responses.

And from the FAQ it can be used 3 times total per account. Apparently, after the third attempt you will get a notice on the eBay page showing that you've exceeded your limit. I haven't tested that myself yet since I'm at 2 and saving my 3rd for something big.

I got a 4000 points card for 52.99, the 49.99 one charged tax and the 43.99 one said it was ineligible because it used a 3rd party checkout.

[quote name='blissfulnoise']My bad, I totally skipped that section I guess. Just a bit paranoid since my ebay account isn't the same as my paypal account. Thanks for the responses.

And from the FAQ it can be used 3 times total per account. Apparently, after the third attempt you will get a notice on the eBay page showing that you've exceeded your limit. I haven't tested that myself yet since I'm at 2 and saving my 3rd for something big.[/quote]

Just make sure you link your paypal address to your Live Cashback account.
----

As for multiple purchases I think I found it:

You may receive Cashback Rewards for up to a maximum of three (3) Online Sessions per account on www.ebay.com. Once you have completed three (3) Online Sessions under any eBay.com account, you will no longer be eligible to receive Cashback Rewards for purchases made under such eBay.com account. If you have exceeded the limit of permitted Cashback Rewards, eBay will notify you on the purchase review page of the “Buy-It-Now” transaction process. Please review the purchase review page carefully before you “commit to buy”. Cashback Rewards can not be transferred or applied to multiple eBay.com accounts;

[quote name='luminus']I used it twice already. Got ebay confirmation that i will be getting my cashback on both.

Think of it as a crazy promo to spread the word about cashback.live.com. Like google checkout did with their $10 off back then. I think MS is big enough company that they won't eat their words.[/quote]

yeah, Google did $10, not over $100 like MS is doing....

Wow. Just nabbed Ninja Gaiden Sigma and Heavenly Sword for a total of $54.98 before cashback, estimated at $19.25, which will make it it a $35.73 before shipping!

One more item, well... maybe :)

[quote name='Quintox']yeah, Google did $10, not over $100 like MS is doing....[/quote]

Microsoft has a lot of money. But anyway, they already reduced it to 10% in a lot of searches and most people won't know how to get the 35% to come up.

[quote name='SpazX']Microsoft has a lot of money. But anyway, they already reduced it to 10% in a lot of searches and most people won't know how to get the 35% to come up.[/quote]

Search for:
Cheap PS3

And the 35% link should show up near the top.

[quote name='Quintox']When does it let you know if you got the 35%? Do you have to Buy It Now THEN it tells you, or does it tell you just before?[/quote]

Click on Buy It Now, it takes you to the complete your purchase page, it will tell you there before you pull the trigger...so you still don't comit to anything at that point.

[quote name='LinkinPrime']Click on Buy It Now, it takes you to the complete your purchase page, it will tell you there before you pull the trigger...so you still don't comit to anything at that point.[/quote]

K thanks.
I'm having trouble, b/c when I am not logged in, it shows the 35% icon on the top left, but when I log in it goes away.

Looks like ebay just crashed. Haha. Anyone know if the PS3 deal is still going on at Walmart? It still is at Walmart.com with any kind of bundle or BluRay player, just wondering, obviously not thread worthy.

[quote name='Quintox']K thanks.
I'm having trouble, b/c when I am not logged in, it shows the 35% icon on the top left, but when I log in it goes away.[/QUOTE]
It goes away after 60 mins.
[quote name='HankChinaski11']Looks like ebay just crashed. Haha. Anyone know if the PS3 deal is still going on at Walmart? It still is at Walmart.com with any kind of bundle or BluRay player, just wondering, obviously not thread worthy.[/QUOTE]
How it crash? ebay is still working

[quote name='iazybandit']It goes away after 60 mins.

How it crash? ebay is still working[/quote]

Haha. I take it back. My firefox was just acting silly.

Nice - 3 PS3 games, $81.48 shipped, with $25.55 cashback coming in August... right after the release of the new star wars game... wonder what I'll be considering then! ;)

[quote name='dtsai24']Is anyone still getting the 35%, I've tried a lot and only got 10%.[/quote]

i searched cheap 360 games and it came up for me about 15 min ago. now im jsut debating on how much i should spend. ;)

Anyone have any suggestions for a good laptop that can be purchased with this promotion? Specifically, I'm looking for one with wireless already installed and that has no problems playing games that came out before 2008...thanks in advance!!

I'm waiting for $400 cashback, it better come through :eek:
Debating on whether I should buy a 2nd MGS bundle also and flip it on craigslist.

If you get 10%, try a different search. If it doesnt work, try a different one. I just did it. I had the green icon that said 35%. I waited to long and it disappeared. Went back and only got 10%. Tried different item to search and got the 35%. The icon was white on www.live.com but when i went to eBay it was green (JUST MAKE SURE YOU READ IT AND IT SAYS 35%).

I went and ordered what i needed to order.

[quote name='Strife025']I'm waiting for $400 cashback, it better come through :eek:
Debating on whether I should buy a 2nd MGS bundle also and flip it on craigslist.
[/quote]

Good luck on that...max is $250...unless you used more than one ebay/PayPal account.

[quote name='Link127']what am i doing wrong? i have a Cashback account and searched for "cheap ps3"

i dont see ebay anywhere[/QUOTE]

"monk dvds" is what i used, from an earlier post here. worked for me.

Damn. I didn't even get to use the %35 once. I would have been able to get a PS3 for about $200. So any word if Walmart still has that deal? I'm ready to just go buy one there.

For those who have lost hope:

'cheap ps2'
'nintendogamecube'

Still yeilds 35% to this minute. Just bought a Q6700 and new motherboard! Considering buying a PS3 but that's a little nutty.

[quote name='LinkinPrime']Just make sure you link your paypal address to your Live Cashback account.
----

[/quote]
Do you think it has to be set as the primary account?

bread's done
Back