My Best Buy GC Offers: $10 off Tales of Xillia, $30 off Rabbids Land Wii U, $30 off ESPN Sports Connection Wii U, $25 off Turtle Beach Marvel Headset

Status
Not open for further replies.

htz

CAGiversary!
Staff member
Feedback
4 (100%)
Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Dr0p119']Hmm I'll try it tommorrow, seems easy enough.

First ask for the pricematch, and show my coupon barcode on my phone To be scanned.[/QUOTE]Possibly even easier--that's not a coupon barcode, but the barcode associated with your RewardZone account, so if you just make sure to have your RZ info entered before the game is scanned (the order matters, based on when I tried to get the Kirby's Dream Collection for $19.99 offer), you only need to try for the PM. If the additional $30 off doesn't kick in when the employee totals out the transaction, you can always just go through with the $39.99 purchase and return it later, to avoid arousing suspicion.

Please update us if you have any success....I was at Best Buy yesterday and I simply asked one of the reps if I could price match and use the rewards coupon and it was a quick "no double dipping"....however I didnt know if the 30 dollars kicks in automaticcaly when ringing up like Vigilante suggested so might be worth a try that way.

My little brother has Skylanders Spyro's Adventure. He really wants the giants game and I was thinking of getting the portal pack. Does anyone recommend it or should I just get him the giants game?

[quote name='marjincharge']My little brother has Skylanders Spyro's Adventure. He really wants the giants game and I was thinking of getting the portal pack. Does anyone recommend it or should I just get him the giants game?[/QUOTE]

If he has a portal, why buy a second?

[quote name='Mikey115']Please update us if you have any success....I was at Best Buy yesterday and I simply asked one of the reps if I could price match and use the rewards coupon and it was a quick "no double dipping"....however I didnt know if the 30 dollars kicks in automaticcaly when ringing up like Vigilante suggested so might be worth a try that way.[/QUOTE]

This is what was sent to me on the 4th, albeit the person was confused with the return period stuff. I made it clear I hadn't bought it yet.

(I had used amazon for the price it was $38.99)

Thank you for contacting Best Buy.

On behalf of Best Buy, I would like to Thank You for being a Reward Zone Member and that we appreciate doing business with you.

I understand that you are asking if you can pricematch Amazon and use your Reward Zone gamers club Coupon. To answer your question, yes we can pricematch that one. However we have to validate first that date when you purchased that item if it's still within the return period by then an adjustments will be made in your payment. And for the 2nd question, yes you can use the Coupon.

[quote name='Vigilante']Possibly even easier--that's not a coupon barcode, but the barcode associated with your RewardZone account, so if you just make sure to have your RZ info entered before the game is scanned (the order matters, based on when I tried to get the Kirby's Dream Collection for $19.99 offer), you only need to try for the PM. If the additional $30 off doesn't kick in when the employee totals out the transaction, you can always just go through with the $39.99 purchase and return it later, to avoid arousing suspicion.[/QUOTE]

Heh, if it has got a barcode and saves me money it's a coupon! :p

The problem with that is if bestbuy is selling borderlands 2 for $60, you get -$30, so you pay $30. You will have even more problems trying to pricematch a game $9 more than the receipt says you paid.

The policy now is cheapest you can find we'll match it then and only a 15 day period if we drop the price. Return rebuy problems too as the code is 1 time use.

[quote name='StryderOmega']If he has a portal, why buy a second?[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I have no idea about anything skylanders. If he got Spyro's Adventure starter kit, does he already have a portal? If so, you can't use the giants characters can you? If not, would it be better to get the portal giants pack or the giants skylanders starter kit? I'm just kinda clueless here.

Edit: nevermind, I did some research and from what I gather, I can get him the giants portal pack since he has a portal already from the first game.

[quote name='Ace69']So anybody have success on the PM with coupon?[/QUOTE]

Posted on the previous page that I had success, but like others have said it's extremely YMMV.
Some managers will override and some won't.

[quote name='Dr0p119']This is what was sent to me on the 4th, albeit the person was confused with the return period stuff. I made it clear I hadn't bought it yet.

(I had used amazon for the price it was $38.99)

Thank you for contacting Best Buy.

On behalf of Best Buy, I would like to Thank You for being a Reward Zone Member and that we appreciate doing business with you.

I understand that you are asking if you can pricematch Amazon and use your Reward Zone gamers club Coupon. To answer your question, yes we can pricematch that one. However we have to validate first that date when you purchased that item if it's still within the return period by then an adjustments will be made in your payment. And for the 2nd question, yes you can use the Coupon.[/QUOTE]

Hmm interesting..I actually bought borderlands 2 from best buy about 3 weeks ago when it was on sale for 30. Do u think that applies to me? Looks like its saying you can get a price adjustment with a price match and/or a coupon...however the more I think about it probably not likely as the reward coupon is valid between only two dates.

[quote name='Mikey115']Hmm interesting..I actually bought borderlands 2 from best buy about 3 weeks ago when it was on sale for 30. Do u think that applies to me? Looks like its saying you can get a price adjustment with a price match and/or a coupon...however the more I think about it probably not likely as the reward coupon is valid between only two dates.[/QUOTE]

The rep simply made an incorrect statement. You cannot PM and use a store coupon and have them stack per policy.

[quote name='Jimmienoman']The rep simply made an incorrect statement. You cannot PM and use a store coupon and have them stack per policy.[/QUOTE]

To be fair, it is a gray area in the policy. They can refuse and back it up saying PMing is an offer which makes the coupon ineligible.

[quote name='StryderOmega']To be fair, it is a gray area in the policy. They can refuse and back it up saying PMing is an offer which makes the coupon ineligible.[/QUOTE]

No it is not a gray area. Coupons should not stack with PMs. This is true for both the magazine coupons and the GCU offers. Both very clearly state that they cannot be combined with other offers, and a PM is an offer.

Any manager/rep/cashier that tells you otherwise doesn't know the policy and/or is making an exception (that WILL require an override) for you. This has always been the case, and it has been discussed here over and over again. Simple as that.

[quote name='marjincharge']My little brother has Skylanders Spyro's Adventure. He really wants the giants game and I was thinking of getting the portal pack. Does anyone recommend it or should I just get him the giants game?[/QUOTE]

The portal pack includes a giant, and a regular figure. Those alone will cost you $25, so $39 for the portal pack is a MUCH better deal than just buying the game, and then the figures.

Also, watch amazon.. they've had some crazy mad skylander figure deals. ($15 giants for $2.99) for example.

[quote name='nuuuuj']No it is not a gray area. Coupons should not stack with PMs. This is true for both the magazine coupons and the GCU offers. Both very clearly state that they cannot be combined with other offers, and a PM is an offer.

Any manager/rep/cashier that tells you otherwise doesn't know the policy and/or is making an exception (that WILL require an override) for you. This has always been the case, and it has been discussed here over and over again. Simple as that.[/QUOTE]

You call it an offer, I call it a competitive service to thrive. Offer sounds like they are doing me a favor, but in all reality we all know it is the opposite. ;)

My favorite customer service person was working at BB today so I thought I'd give PMing Borderlands 2 with the coupon a shot. She did the PM, got manager approval, then when she packaged it out and saw the $30 off she looked at me and said "REALLY!?" but when she totaled it, the game only dropped to $29.99. She called the same manager over and explained the situation and he said the lowest they could do was $29.99.

Oh well.... We tried :(

[quote name='Luuc']My favorite customer service person was working at BB today so I thought I'd give PMing Borderlands 2 with the coupon a shot. She did the PM, got manager approval, then when she packaged it out and saw the $30 off she looked at me and said "REALLY!?" but when she totaled it, the game only dropped to $29.99. She called the same manager over and explained the situation and he said the lowest they could do was $29.99.

Oh well.... We tried :([/QUOTE]

This is put in place because of managers and CSRs not knowing the policy.

It's a final fail safe. The only way to get it lower is for the manager to mark down the PM AND the coupon when he is doing the override. Most managers have enough sense not to override a $60 game to $10 if its not going through properly.

[quote name='Investor']What's the chance of Borderlands 2 going on sale before this RZ deal ends on Sunday?[/QUOTE]

Currently 3.47%. Check with Vegas desk for latest.

[quote name='Gareee']The portal pack includes a giant, and a regular figure. Those alone will cost you $25, so $39 for the portal pack is a MUCH better deal than just buying the game, and then the figures.

Also, watch amazon.. they've had some crazy mad skylander figure deals. ($15 giants for $2.99) for example.[/QUOTE]

Thanks, that's very helpful!

[quote name='marjincharge']Thanks, that's very helpful![/QUOTE]

Welcome! Also, check your local walmarts.. Ninjini is showing up not in the video game section, but over in the action figure aisle, near the Wreck it Ralph stuff.

We snagged one for us, and several for freinds, and they are going for between $35 and $50 on ebay right now.

New Offers

Save $35 on Dragon's Dogma PS3 and 360 - $15
Save $10 on MLB The Show 13 PS3 and Vita - $49.99 and $29.99
20$ off Select PS3 and Vita head sets.
Save $15 on Hauppauge HD PVR 2 - $144.99

[quote name='htz']The RZ offers can be used online now.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the heads up! Didn't have plans to pick up Dragon's Dogma but I can't resist it at that price. :bouncy: Just ordered online because my store doesn't have it

[quote name='alwayscheaper']Dragons Dogma is hardly exciting since they're clearing stock for new edition in April.[/QUOTE]

Personally, I think I'd rather pay $15 and play the vanilla than pay $40 and have some bonus content.

[quote name='YBX87']i bit on dragons dogmas, this is my price point.[/QUOTE]

Did you have any troubles getting the price online? Everytime I try, to add to cart and sign in, it keeps giving me the 49.99 price..

[quote name='TaylorM06']Did you have any troubles getting the price online? Everytime I try, to add to cart and sign in, it keeps giving me the 49.99 price..[/QUOTE]
no problem at all, it automatically apply the $35 off/ sales online coupon, which ended up $14.99

[quote name='TaylorM06']Did you have any troubles getting the price online? Everytime I try, to add to cart and sign in, it keeps giving me the 49.99 price..[/QUOTE]

it shows up as 49.99 for me also.

[quote name='YBX87']no problem at all, it automatically apply the $35 off/ sales online coupon, which ended up $14.99[/QUOTE]

It's not applying it for me :cry:

[quote name='letskissthesky']it shows up as 49.99 for me also.[/QUOTE]

I've signed in, signed out, added to cart, removed from cart, etc etc, still nothing

[quote name='TaylorM06']I've signed in, signed out, added to cart, removed from cart, etc etc, still nothing[/QUOTE]

Ditto.

[quote name='@FIF']Ditto.[/QUOTE]

What browser are you guys using? I was having trouble in Chrome but then tried IE and it worked.

[quote name='THHG']What browser are you guys using? I was having trouble in Chrome but then tried IE and it worked.[/QUOTE]

Mac. Tried Safari and Chrome to no avail.

I had the same issue with Firefox where I couldn't get the discount to show once it was added to the cart. I switched to IE and it worked just fine. Thanks for the suggestion!

[quote name='morbitrius']I had the same issue with Firefox where I couldn't get the discount to show once it was added to the cart. I switched to IE and it worked just fine. Thanks for the suggestion![/QUOTE]

I'm using Firefox. Guess I'll try IE

I think maybe BB might be updating online or something. I went to the reward zone site and checked offers. I didn't see the new offers up yet. Maybe that's why?

[quote name='marjincharge']I think maybe BB might be updating online or something. I went to the reward zone site and checked offers. I didn't see the new offers up yet. Maybe that's why?[/QUOTE]
i saw offer under the game dragons dogma on bestbuy.com, and click on the save $35, and add it to cart. It is not yet on rewardzone site.

[quote name='darrenaw9']Is dark arisen worth the extra? Or will I be fine with just the vanilla. Thoughts?[/QUOTE]

i would say its worth the extra since it has the entire first game with it as well. if its something you like, its the deal ends up essential getting the game for $15 and its expansion for $15. or at least that's how i see it.

[quote name='letskissthesky']Looks like I may be picking up dragons dogma finally.[/QUOTE]
I wouldn't. Dark Arisen is only a month away, with an entirely new dungeon to explore among other DLC already released. Of course, it will be $15 more so you'll have to weigh your options but from the previews I've seen it will be worth it.

$15 is my sweet spot for Dragon's Dogma, plus I needed something to get the 500 bonus points. Nice to see they're finally putting these offers online.

[quote name='steelcurtain11']I might just hold out for Dark Arisen and buy it on release day, since the original took foreverrrr to drop in price[/QUOTE]

Apparently Dark Arisen is out, in some shape or form, I have a friend on XBL who has "DD: Dark Arisen" in his list with a 75 game score when I compared games.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back