my car...done a lot since awhile back

[quote name='Shadows916']Temporaryscar- that impala is a sweet sweet car. My a$$hole neighbor (everybody on my street hates him, he's a nasty prick to everyone) has one in light blue. waiting for him to put it up for sale, and add it to my collection :)
We've currently restored/owned the following:
68 Manza-sapphire blue w/black hardtop
72 Mercury Marquise Brogham 4 door, white with blue hardtop (only one I have left, doing the body work/paint this summer, 100% restored-this car also does 1/4 mile races, highest speed was at 187 mph, weighs almost 3 tons of steel)
78 Trans AM w/ t-tops, almost all stock MINT
78 Chevy Scottsdale on 33" tires, all offroading w/ 1mill candle watt lights total on light bar x4
83 Mustang foxbody with a Windsor 351 built Performance, 500 hp at the rear, we used to race this car for cash, 500-1k races. only lost once thanks to a blown torqe converter, custom drive train, took a lil over a year to do a complete overhaul on this thing
We've had a couple other older mustangs and a camero, nothing worth keeping
Currently looking for a '65 LaManz, candy apple red, white top with matching white interior (or will be when I'm done) or a 50's Impereal (very odd looking car, but cool)[/quote]

dude I need pics now if these cars! That's bad ass

[quote name='zman73']I had thought about an RX8 (or a 3rd gen RX7) before I discovered someone driving a sky last year (first thought: THAT is a Saturn?)... everyone I knew didnt want me to get an rx8 from my brother who sold mazdas, a friend who works on cars, and my wife who didnt like them... I still like them though... concerns were with the rotary engine and oil usage... was curious as to how often you need to add oil to your car and if you have had many problems with it. Id still like one in the future

The rx-8 was my second choice, but having good credit allowed me to get my first choice... only ran me about 32,000[/quote]

Well..I get 13 MPG. 16 MPG for stock RX8s. Don't let Mazda fool you. Their MPG ratings are an absolute lie.

Yeah..it chugs Oil just as bad. Every Month I refill it atleast 2 with Oil.

I had a problem with the engine once, but Mazda fixed it. They are picky engine. Realistically, I love the style, handling, looks of the car more than the engine. Honestly if they had a different engine, I'd love it even more. However the 16X Rotary Engine coming out soon, may change my mind.

Did you get the Saturn Sky? That's such a beautiful car. I am quite jealous of that!

it'll take a bit to dig them out, not sure if we still have pics of the Manza, I'll have to pull the mustang and trans am out of picture frames. Can have picks of the merc in a bit, charge camera batteries and hunt for the scottsdale. We no longer have any of the cars aside from the Mercury. Sold the mustang, 2 weeks later the kid who bought it wrecked the entire driver's side on a jersey barrier, sold the scottsdale about 5 months ago, passanger side is now smashed in (like to know how, we bounced that thing of many a tree and wooden barriers with only minor scratches and one small dent that was nothing to pull out)- the trans has been gone for almost 2 years (younger brother sold it for his 98 sportster harley), the Manza sold in 98/99 when I bought the mercury

[quote name='geko29']It is a piece of junk, but not because it's American--it isn't. It's the previous-generation (maybe 2 gens back now, not sure) Mercedes SLK, sans the hard convertible top and with a crappy Chrysler powertrain.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='guinaevere']
Not too bad. I test drove one a couple of times. My problem was visability, it's like sitting in a tank with a tiny slit to look out of. I prefer better visabilty and easier situational awareness. The older models (think it was 04 & 05) had a mercedes engine. It's now a Chrysler engine.[/QUOTE]

The Chrysler Crossfire retained a Mercedes SLK derived powertrain for it's entire production life of 2004-2008. It was a 3.2l Mercedes V6 rated at 230 horse power (the SRT-6 variant was supercharged and good for an additional 100-130 horse). By using a Mercedes engine, things like oil changes are not as simple as they are with an American/Japanese engine. There is no drain plug on this model and the oil has to be extracted via a pumping system.

The most redeeming quality about the non SRT-6 models was body stiffness. The chassis was slightly stiffer than a Porsche 911. Sadly, the rest of the bits were not quite that good. The SRT-6, however, bucked the trend and turned into quite a monster.

That car in and of itself was interesting. An American car, designed by a British designer inspired by art deco art, which had German components and was built in Germany by a third party (Wilhelm Karmann GmbH).

[quote name='WiiDSmoker']Yep. I'm all about show. Anyone can add horse power easily to their car, but they may or may not have the know how or money to make their car look pretty. I can't stand cars that have insane amounts of HP and do not look good.[/quote]That's where I differ from you. I appreciate a show car like you have, the doors especially are nice. But I'd take a sleeper any day.

[quote name='WiiDSmoker']Well..I get 13 MPG. 16 MPG for stock RX8s. Don't let Mazda fool you. Their MPG ratings are an absolute lie.[/quote]Most MPG ratings these days are taken under old controls. Something like traveling at 40 or 55 mph. Vehicles today have a lot of power and people drive way faster than years back. Jack rabbit starts, sudden stops, at least 70 on a highway. If they ever update the standards for the Fuel Economy testing the results would be far less than the current ratings.

[quote name='Illini Jeeper']The Chrysler Crossfire retained a Mercedes SLK derived powertrain for it's entire production life of 2004-2008. [/quote]
Thanks, Jeeper. I didn't know that. I tested the 04 and then the 05 and was told the next production year would be the Chrysler engine, and I hadn't paid much attention to it since then. Other then when I see one on the roads and I watch it go by.

Again, thanks for the info. It was an interesting read.

[quote name='WiiDSmoker']i am currently looking for the transformers logo that i can put on the back 2 windows, need to find the decal in yellow, anyone help me with this? :)[/quote]

You could go with this:
99a5_1.JPG
(Actually looks pretty crappy)
http://cgi.ebay.com/Transformer-Aut...ameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem#ebayphotohosting
or this:
21d4_1_sbl.JPG
(this one should be much better)
http://cgi.ebay.com/Transformers-3D...ryZ60346QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem
Or This:
985c_2.JPG

http://item.express.ebay.com/AUTOBO...350022300922QQihZ022QQtrZexpQQcmdZExpressItem
The above guy can be contacted and he/she should be able to give you a custom size, I've bought from them in the past...

Nice work on the car BTW...I wish I had the knowledge, time, and patience to do stuff like that.

Here are pics of the Merc and one of the Mustang WiiDsmoker- younger brother has the transam and scottsdale on his laptop someware. Monza pics might be in the atic if we still have them- have to contact my mother and see if she kept them (was her car, her ex-husband was an ass. He took the whole car apart to see how it went together. we ended up having to sell it in peices to a collector who managed to put it all back together. I.E: the front end was removed to the firewall, the engine was hanging from chains, rear end on cinder blocks, found one of the window roll handles in the back of the freezer, parts in crates and boxes. They had to PRY me off him- she thankfully devorced his ass) also looking for pics of the 86 monte carlo ss she had- we put a 350 cleavland in it- was brown with the orange pinstripes. car had balls and a half, just one of those ones when one thing went, a whole bunch of other stuff broke, like 2 wireing harnesses up in smoke- car just went to be a headach. last time i saw it, it was leaning to one side, dented, exhaust hanging off- person who bought it ran it into the dirt. Just needed a paint job when we fixed everything on it, was starting to crackle on roof/doors.

http://s265.photobucket.com/albums/ii218/dragonhawk13/1972 Mercury/

[quote name='WiiDSmoker']
Did you get the Saturn Sky? That's such a beautiful car. I am quite jealous of that![/QUOTE]

Yep...silver pearl, with black & red leather interior...red line upgrade...people think its more expensive than it was

[quote name='RandyTsai']i don't see how you can spend $70k. I doubt you spent more then 10k on those mods.[/QUOTE]

might also be including the car price, paint job on body kit, labor since he had a shop do it, some stuffs might have been custom fabricated, the door kit alone isn't cheap. Are those underside lights legal where you live? In CT you get ticketed and with enough tickets for them, impounded since they are illegal.

[quote name='Shadows916']Temporaryscar- that impala is a sweet sweet car. My a$$hole neighbor (everybody on my street hates him, he's a nasty prick to everyone) has one in light blue. waiting for him to put it up for sale, and add it to my collection :)
We've currently restored/owned the following:
68 Manza-sapphire blue w/black hardtop
72 Mercury Marquise Brogham 4 door, white with blue hardtop (only one I have left, doing the body work/paint this summer, 100% restored-this car also does 1/4 mile races, highest speed was at 187 mph, weighs almost 3 tons of steel)
78 Trans AM w/ t-tops, almost all stock MINT
78 Chevy Scottsdale on 33" tires, all offroading w/ 1mill candle watt lights total on light bar x4
83 Mustang foxbody with a Windsor 351 built Performance, 500 hp at the rear, we used to race this car for cash, 500-1k races. only lost once thanks to a blown torqe converter, custom drive train, took a lil over a year to do a complete overhaul on this thing
We've had a couple other older mustangs and a camero, nothing worth keeping
Currently looking for a '65 LaManz, candy apple red, white top with matching white interior (or will be when I'm done) or a 50's Impereal (very odd looking car, but cool)[/quote]

Yeah, and for me, it HAS to be a 67. The others just look off to me.

An 83 Mustang? God, the mustangs from the 80s were such junkers.

[quote name='ejgarc']What? BMWs do not hold their resale value?
http://editorial.autos.msn.com/article.aspx?cp-documentid=435231
http://www.edmunds.com/reviews/list/top10/102467/article.html
http://blogs.cars.com/kickingtires/2007/12/mini-bmw-infini.html[/quote]

compared to hondas and the like, they do not hold their value. The german and american cars have always been bashed about their resale value because they are not as reliable as the Japanese (even though they are probably more fun to drive).

Please stop spewing facts out of your ass. Thanks

I'm not a fan of any American car AFTER 1980, but I will say this. My first car was a 92' or 94' Chevy Lumina. I sold it at 140,000 miles around 2004 for $200. Three years later, I run into the guy I sold it to, and it was still going. Had over 200,000 miles on it.

The car didn't die until NY had all that flooding and the car got flooded out. It actually broke my heart when I found it how it had died. That car just refused to die, but I guess the flood was too much for it.

Ok car nuts, question.

I'm looking into getting a new car. Right now I have an '04 V6 Mustang. It's just not practical for me anymore, especially on gas and how it handles in the snow.

So, I'm looking into a '08 Civic EX-L. It will have options I want (like leather) for a pretty good price (20,000). The dealership is offering me 7,000 for my Mustang, and with my parent's credit history, I'm looking at about 250 a month in car payments over 5 years.

However, would it be a better idea to lease for 3 years? How well will this car hold its value in 5 years? I don't want it to be worth dirt ya know? A quick search showed that 2003 EX models are selling at 11-13,000.00 which isn't bad at all. Plus this one would be loaded.

Input please!

[quote name='dallow']Do you plan to sell it off that quickly after purchase?
Life without a carpayment is great.[/QUOTE]

Really depends where I am at that point. It seems that Hondas really retain their value, I just don't want the car to be worth next to nothing when I go to get another one.

Well, just because you haven't finished paying it off doesn't mean you can't sell it in 3 years.
Less you pay a month makes the strain easier.

Maybe leasing a car is what you want.
You'll always have a new car that way.

There are two kinds of people when it comes to cars. People who buy a car and sell it halfway through it's life and get a new one, and those who drive cars until they're nothing more than a pile of bolts.

You also need to figure out if leasing is right for you. Personally, it's not right for me. You have to drive by other people's rules. You're only allowed to drive so many miles in any given time and god have mercy on your soul if you damage the car even a little.

You're in a tough spot because it's hard to say were the industry will be in five years with rising gas prices. Have you thought about getting a hybrid?

[quote name='Temporaryscars']Yeah, and for me, it HAS to be a 67. The others just look off to me.

An 83 Mustang? God, the mustangs from the 80s were such junkers.[/QUOTE]

i agree, but wasn't my car, my younger brother's. It was to serve a reason, and it did just that for a year until he becamse stupid and put the slicks on it. to much power for such a light car to handle. we didn't want to race it after that with the frame being tweaked. even after cutting it out and welding in new, it still wouldn't have been up to par as far as we were concerned, so he let it go to an employee at mustangs unlimited since he hounded him to sell it to him for months. kid didn't care it didn't sit straight on a lift, and he ended up totaling it out a couple weeks later.
He wants to build up another one and race again, I can't bring myself to turn a wrench on another mustang so he'll be on his own with that. Just not my kind of car regardless of what you can do to them.....

But then I don't like the idea of not really owning something. :p

BTW Dallow, what do you think of the Civic EX-L? I was really surprised by how it looks now.

[quote name='seanr1221']Ok car nuts, question.

I'm looking into getting a new car. Right now I have an '04 V6 Mustang. It's just not practical for me anymore, especially on gas and how it handles in the snow.

So, I'm looking into a '08 Civic EX-L. It will have options I want (like leather) for a pretty good price (20,000). The dealership is offering me 7,000 for my Mustang, and with my parent's credit history, I'm looking at about 250 a month in car payments over 5 years.

However, would it be a better idea to lease for 3 years? How well will this car hold its value in 5 years? I don't want it to be worth dirt ya know? A quick search showed that 2003 EX models are selling at 11-13,000.00 which isn't bad at all. Plus this one would be loaded.

Input please![/QUOTE]

I'd rather go with a scion tc- fast lil car with really good gas mileage (a tad over 300 miles on a full tank of gas). Driven a couple of them, handles good in bad weather and snow, releativly easy to work on versus a honda, and cheaper to maintain. My friend's 95 civic ran him a tad over 400 bucks for a main heating hose (they do it backwards and run the hose along the side of the engine, then under vs. U.S cars from front, over top to the back) aftermarket hose was 230ish + fighting the friggin thing in after lifting the engine a bit. Pissed me off to no end. Scions also retain a lot of their value, a friend bought a new 06, the used '05s were only about 2k less. 21k it was fully loaded.

As far as holding value, depends on condition and mileage. You could do a lease to buy, make payments on it for a set amount of time and follow their wonderfull rules on how you can drive it, then pay the remaining balance off. My mother did that with her 98 explorer sport. Depends on your budget if you can swing that.

Thanks for the input. I also checked out the TC, but I really prefer the interior of the EX-L over it. I wish the TC came with a leather option :p

[quote name='Shadows916']might also be including the car price, paint job on body kit, labor since he had a shop do it, some stuffs might have been custom fabricated, the door kit alone isn't cheap. Are those underside lights legal where you live? In CT you get ticketed and with enough tickets for them, impounded since they are illegal.[/QUOTE]

yah even with the car i still doubt its $70k. looks like the paint is oem. even if it was painted it wouldn't be more then 10k for show quality paint job. i don't believe he has a kit. carbon hood and spoiler wouldn't be more then 1k installed. suicide door would cost 1k to 1.5k. the hinges for the doors would be around 5 bills maxs and if they charge more then 1 k in labor for an 4 hour job then he got ripped. rims are 18 inch axis with tires. i say 2k. all the bolts ons wouldn't be 2 k total. i don't see how he got 70k. even with an turbo or sc, top of the line bolt ons, brembos, light weight staggered 19's i still can't see how he spent 70k.

My wife's last car was a civic... got great gas mileage, she was a little sad to trade it in on her pathfinder, which gets 16 city/24 hwy supposedly...

Funny how my car now has the better gas mileage 18/26 although I generally squeeze between 2-4 extra miles in city and hwy driving, and seems like alot of the people in the sky forum have the same luck... too much traffic on Mobile streets to be driving like an idiot. One of the reasons I did choose my sky over an rx-8 was gas mileage, and hearing how the OP averages around 13 mpg and adds a couple quarts of oil to the engine a month... I know I made the right decision.

Plus driving around with the top down is unfreaking believable in this car

[quote name='omgu8myrice']compared to hondas and the like, they do not hold their value. The german and american cars have always been bashed about their resale value because they are not as reliable as the Japanese (even though they are probably more fun to drive).

Please stop spewing facts out of your ass. Thanks[/quote]
At least he's spewing facts, and posting independent links to support it. I don't know what you're spewing out your ass, but they aren't facts.

Both Honda and BMW have two models in the top 10 in terms of resale, though the BMWs are higher in the list, at #3 and #7, vs. #6 and #9 for Honda. On the "best resale in class" list, there are three BMWs vs. 2 Hondas, despite the fact that Honda/Acura has far more models and competes in more categories than BMW/Mini. ALL 3 of the BMWs have higher resale values than the two Hondas that ARE on the list. And BMW/Mini got the nod for best overall resale by manufacturer.

If you're going to spout off, it helps if you have at least SOME suport to back up your bullshit.

[quote name='seanr1221']Cause I really really want it :whee:[/QUOTE]

Nothing wrong with wanting leather, it was worth the extra money to get my black and red leather trim in my car... much easier to care for IMO

[quote name='seanr1221']Thanks for the input. I also checked out the TC, but I really prefer the interior of the EX-L over it. I wish the TC came with a leather option :p[/quote]

+1 for tc! :)

the civic is a good choice too though, it gets some crazyy MPG

[quote name='omgu8myrice']compared to hondas and the like, they do not hold their value. The german and american cars have always been bashed about their resale value because they are not as reliable as the Japanese (even though they are probably more fun to drive).

Please stop spewing facts out of your ass. Thanks[/quote]
As pointed out above how am I "spewing facts out of [my] ass" when I provide links to what I was arguing? I have owned a Honda and it held its value quite well. However, all I said was that BMWs have also been known to hold their value quite well. Can you provide a link proving me wrong?

[quote name='ejgarc']As pointed out above how am I "spewing facts out of [my] ass" when I provide links to what I was arguing? I have owned a Honda and it held its value quite well. However, all I said was that BMWs have also been known to hold their value quite well. Can you provide a link proving me wrong?[/quote]

as a poster above mentioned, open up a consumer reports. Im not saying BMW is terrible, in fact they are better than their german\american counterparts.
Still though, they arnt as reliable as japanese, which usually equates to it losing value quicker.

[quote name='omgu8myrice']as a poster above mentioned, open up a consumer reports. [/QUOTE]

Consumer Reports has lied and manipulated so much shit over the course of it's life that the publication is basically not trustable.

[quote name='omgu8myrice']as a poster above mentioned, open up a consumer reports. Im not saying BMW is terrible, in fact they are better than their german\american counterparts.
Still though, they arnt as reliable as japanese, which usually equates to it losing value quicker.[/quote]
Okay I got it now. Saying consumer reports says that BMWs do not hold their value = truth. Three other websites saying that BMWs hold their value = "spewing facts out [my] ass." I got it now. Thanks for clarifying and providing the links.

[quote name='omgu8myrice']as a poster above mentioned, open up a consumer reports. Im not saying BMW is terrible, in fact they are better than their german\american counterparts.
Still though, they arnt as reliable as japanese, which usually equates to it losing value quicker.[/quote]
I suggest you follow your own advice, since once again it is painfully obvious you don't have even the slightest clue what you're talking about. But since Consumer Reports is now your source of choice (which you cited without even bothering to check), here are CR's predicted depreciation for every model in the BMW lineup:

1-series: new; insufficient data
3-series: much better than average
5-series: much better than average
7-series: better than average
M3: much better than average
X3: much better than average
X5: better than average
X6: new; insufficient data
Z4: better than average
Mini: much better than average

Wow, not even ONE model that is not "better than average", and 5 out of 8 are "much better than average". That's pretty damn impressive. Honda didn't do nearly as well, with 6 out of 14 "much better"s and one "average".

Are you done pontificating with absolutely nothing to back up your rediculous statements?

[quote name='omgu8myrice']http://money.cnn.com/galleries/2007/autos/0711/gallery.2007_best_resale_value_top_10//2.html
notice how the majority of the cars are Japanese, with the exception of mini and VW, which are really the lower end of the german spectrum.

Im not trying to bash BMW, i love their cars, all i said is that if you are looking for something that is super reliable and wont depreciate as fast, honda/ toyota is the way to go.[/quote]Wait a minute, you said to open up Consumer Reports.

Geko showed you the Consumer Reports data.

Now it doesn't matter and you post some shitty CNN Money blog with Kelly Blue Book info?

Haha.

[quote name='RandyTsai']yah even with the car i still doubt its $70k. looks like the paint is oem. even if it was painted it wouldn't be more then 10k for show quality paint job. i don't believe he has a kit. carbon hood and spoiler wouldn't be more then 1k installed. suicide door would cost 1k to 1.5k. the hinges for the doors would be around 5 bills maxs and if they charge more then 1 k in labor for an 4 hour job then he got ripped. rims are 18 inch axis with tires. i say 2k. all the bolts ons wouldn't be 2 k total. i don't see how he got 70k. even with an turbo or sc, top of the line bolt ons, brembos, light weight staggered 19's i still can't see how he spent 70k.[/QUOTE]

I am with you there. The SVT I had recently sold ran no where near that in build, it was no where near stock either.

its a good looking car if you are into the rice aspect. The one thing I don't get is the comment on anyone can build a fast motor, but not everyone can make a car look good? I question that comment as its contradictory. I mean it takes talent to do either one, or it takes premade/fabricated kits bought to be installed.

Most the "tuner" cars have ground effect/widebody kits readily available how does that take more skill than the complete tear down and rebuild/tune of a motor?

Anyway.

[quote name='dallow']Wait a minute, you said to open up Consumer Reports.

Geko showed you the Consumer Reports data.

Now it doesn't matter and you post some shitty CNN Money blog with Kelly Blue Book info?

Haha.[/quote]

okay, well in the past German cars have always been much lower than Jap., as of late BMW has been improving. Tell that guy who posted the CR reports to also give the resale's of civics, camry's, and the like, itll be higher. I said that generally Japanese hold their value more than german cars because of the quality, bmw reliability isnt that great but obviously its a popular car, and they dont over produce their car on a yearly basis, which helps the resale value.

My original comment didnt directly target BMW, i was talking about german and american cars on a whole.
Seriously, stop trying to start arguments for no reason, i made a generalization which for the most part is true.

[quote name='omgu8myrice']okay, well in the past German cars have always been much lower than Jap., as of late BMW has been improving. Tell that guy who posted the CR reports to also give the resale's of civics, camry's, and the like, itll be higher. I said that generally Japanese hold their value more than german cars because of the quality, bmw reliability isnt that great but obviously its a popular car, and they dont over produce their car on a yearly basis, which helps the resale value.

My original comment didnt directly target BMW, i was talking about german and american cars on a whole.
Seriously, stop trying to start arguments for no reason, i made a generalization which for the most part is true.[/quote]
And all I originally said was that BMWs tend to hold their value quite well, with links that verified my point that the BMWs hold their value well. Then you went off on a freaking tangent about the superiority of Hondas/Toyotas which I, nor anyone else, even mentioned. Now you are debating whether Japanese cars hold their value compared to German cars of which in your own report the numbers were pretty much identical (5 Japanese cars v. 4 European cars). Thanks for imparting your knowledge.

[quote name='omgu8myrice'] Tell that guy who posted the CR reports to also give the resale's of civics, camry's, and the like, itll be higher.[/quote]

I did. But like the magazine you were citing, you didn't read the information even when it was spoon-fed to you. I'll repeat myself:

Wow, not even ONE [BMW] model that is not at least "better than average", and 5 out of 8 are "much better than average". That's pretty damn impressive. Honda didn't do nearly as well, with 6 out of 14 "much better"s and one "average".

62.5% of all BMWs got the HIGHEST rating, signifying the BEST resale value. The other 37.5% got the second highest rating.

By contrast, 43% of all hondas got the highest rating, half got the second best rating, and 7% were merely average--a rating lower than EVERY SINGLE vehicle in the BMW lineup.

Not trying to knock Honda either--they make great cars with good to great resale values. But saying they have higher resale as a brand, or a larger portion of their models have high resale compared to BMW is an out and out lie, based on the very source you wanted everyone to look at.

Toyota didn't do nearly as well as either Honda or BMW, but I'm not going to look them up for you, since you won't bother to read them anyway.

[quote name='omgu8myrice'] Tell that guy who posted the CR reports to also give the resale's of civics, camry's, and the like, itll be higher.[/quote]

I did. But like the magazine you were citing, you didn't read the information even when it was spoon-fed to you. I'll repeat myself:

Wow, not even ONE [BMW] model that is not at least "better than average", and 5 out of 8 are "much better than average". That's pretty damn impressive. Honda didn't do nearly as well, with 6 out of 14 "much better"s and one "average".

62.5% of all BMWs got the HIGHEST rating, signifying the BEST resale value. The other 37.5% got the second highest rating. Not a single one had average or lower resale value.

By contrast, 43% of all hondas got the highest rating, half got the second best rating, and 7% were merely average--a rating lower than EVERY SINGLE vehicle in the BMW lineup.

Not trying to knock Honda either--they make great cars with good to great resale values. But saying they have higher resale as a brand, or a larger portion of their models have high resale compared to BMW is an out and out lie, based on the very source you wanted everyone to look at.

Toyota didn't do nearly as well as either Honda or BMW, but I'm not going to look them up for you, since you won't bother to read them anyway.

[quote name='seanr1221']I'm buying the Civic EX-L tonight. Looks like payments will be 222.00 a month over 66 months. Not bad at all.[/quote]
sounds good man, id also like to know your insurance payments.

[quote name='omgu8myrice']sounds good man, id also like to know your insurance payments.[/QUOTE]

Depending on his age and driving record, shouldnt be too bad, I pay around 75 a month full coverage on a sports car... then again Im 34 who had had 2 tickets in the past decade (both on long drives from Virginia to Alabama)

Of course my car payments are over twice as much as his (I did get the best rate available with my credit rating)

I'm on my parents insurance; with my mustang I paid 1,000 a year. Hopefully it stays about the same or maybe even goes down (for example I have side air bags now).

Really impressed with the car so far. It seems that the Honda Fit took over for the Civic, and the Civic moved up.

Wow, $70K on a car
I've never understood the need for flashy/high performance cars, the whole idea around it. Cars are property, means of getting to point a to point b, but so many use them as a status symbol, or personality compensator.

I find it weird that some poeple tend to mention their car when they talk about themselves before you know much about them. Its all for show, to impress people.

Why invest all that and likely rent or live in a dump, property/a home is in my opinion an investment not personal property. Like other's have mentioned one drunk hitting you and its gone. And the cost of insurance is higher.

It just seems a tremendous amount of money to put into something that is so easily ruined

A snazzy car doesn't make person, if their a jerk already he/she is a still a jerk even in a overpriced car.

But to each his own,

bread's done
Back