My Coke Rewards is dead, long live Coke Rewards. Or not.

[quote name='Jesus_S_Preston']Wait, so you can use it on existing accounts?

fuck me silly.[/quote]
I didn't know that either. I thought it was only a new membership deal.
I have 2000 points rotting, I did buy up some of the blockbuster GC and Certs. but other than that I haven't seen anything. The suggest rewards just teases me with things I really want, it's PMO because they are ignoring it.

[quote name='Jesus_S_Preston']Wait, so you can use it on existing accounts?

fuck me silly.[/quote]

yep...since it is technically a gift certificate...of course you have make multiple coke accounts to get more then one but it can all be used on one gamefly account

so far i spent around $60 (2 auctions on ebay for 1000 points each) for 19 months worth of gamefly

[quote name='Link927']Then why is mine telling me that I need to pay 3.95 to order a physical one O.O[/quote]

Must be some regional thing? I get all my cards in the mail for free too.
They just send them, I never ask or anything.

[quote name='Metalic']Must be some regional thing? I get all my cards in the mail for free too.
They just send them, I never ask or anything.[/quote]

Doing a quick search, I think they're charing $3.95 to get a physical card for people who redeem $25, but are all people who win the $100 cards getting their cards free?

[quote name='Smidget']Yeah I'm talking about the $100 cards...[/quote]

$100 cards get mailed to you free, had both of mine and my wife had hers mailed to her free without asking. The 8 $25 gift cards I got were not mailed to me, if I wanted them maile it was $3.95. For the $25 GCs I either got Best Buy GCs or paid bills online.

[quote name='Metalic']Sites messed up again, Keep getting errors.[/quote]

i got "unknow error" or whatever a while ago but it went away soon after..site is working fine for me right now

[quote name='Nathan_Sama']i still havent won[/quote]

Hang in there and keep trying. I have been doing it every day since week one and finally won yesterday.

[quote name='HelpSavePets']Hang in there and keep trying. I have been doing it every day since week one and finally won yesterday.[/quote]you stole my win :cry:

About zeroing out cards - I've been mixing purchases from other sites with purchases of gift certs from amazon to make sure I completely 0 the balance of the cards I win, but I messed up and have 53 cents left on one card. What I had planned to do was buy a gift cert for exactly 53 cents less than an item on amazon and then empty it that way, but unforeseen circumstances came up and the charge ended up being 3 cents instead of 53.

Amazon then proceeded to throw an error processing the card, despite me having used that same card AT AMAZON BEFORE (though for $7 or something). I switched the payment info over to my existing credit card and it worked. What the hell is going on here? If Amazon is going to refuse these low charges on the visa cards, I'm out of options to empty it. Anyone have any suggestions? I already shredded the physical card so I don't have it anymore...

Honestly, Im not expecting so much at this point, its been the same routine every day since the contest started, and nothing so far. That doesnt mean that I've given up, just expecting the same. Didnt get anything from Mt. Dew sweeps either, so I guess Im a little pestimistic at this point. Im just glad that they decided to reoffer the 500pts/$25, which I did take up.

Alright, Im a little more optimistic now...since I finally won my first card =D

Now...should I add it to my existing $25 account or create a new one? Since they're asking for $3.95 for a pyhsical card, if I add it, will they send me one now, or will I just have a $125 account with the price of $3.95 for a card still?

[quote name='Link927']Alright, Im a little more optimistic now...since I finally won my first card =D

Now...should I add it to my existing $25 account or create a new one? Since they're asking for $3.95 for a pyhsical card, if I add it, will they send me one now, or will I just have a $125 account with the price of $3.95 for a card still?[/quote]

you can't combine them....

[quote name='AkariK']Amazon then proceeded to throw an error processing the card, despite me having used that same card AT AMAZON BEFORE (though for $7 or something). I switched the payment info over to my existing credit card and it worked. What the hell is going on here? If Amazon is going to refuse these low charges on the visa cards, I'm out of options to empty it. Anyone have any suggestions? I already shredded the physical card so I don't have it anymore...[/quote]

it isn't an amazon issue unless they have a hold charge...if no hold then Citi is denying the transaction

nothing for me yet, but on a side note I am upset I didn't get the tickets to the Steelers game for my wife(only 2000 points). She is a big steelers fan and wouldn't you know it, soon as I asked her if she wanted to go to the game, the tickets were sold out :(

this sucks.

[quote name='AkariK']About zeroing out cards - I've been mixing purchases from other sites with purchases of gift certs from amazon to make sure I completely 0 the balance of the cards I win, but I messed up and have 53 cents left on one card. What I had planned to do was buy a gift cert for exactly 53 cents less than an item on amazon and then empty it that way, but unforeseen circumstances came up and the charge ended up being 3 cents instead of 53.

Amazon then proceeded to throw an error processing the card, despite me having used that same card AT AMAZON BEFORE (though for $7 or something). I switched the payment info over to my existing credit card and it worked. What the hell is going on here? If Amazon is going to refuse these low charges on the visa cards, I'm out of options to empty it. Anyone have any suggestions? I already shredded the physical card so I don't have it anymore...[/quote]

I'm pretty sure these cards require a $1 preauth so don't let the balance go below $1. Either make sure to use it all or just know that a balance under $1 is essentially gone. I have a .09 balance on mine but it gets declined.

I was afraid of that. I kind of got screwed because I ordered a CD from CDJapan, worked out the math around that, then they canceled the charge and re-charged it for 20 cents more, which dropped me below $1 left and messed it all up.

Ah well, I can't complain when it's free money, I suppose. And being able to order custom amount Amazon GCs is a godsend, seriously.

[quote name='Malik112099']yeah man..its 53 cents...[/quote]

I don't have as many wins as you to just throw around, I'd rather not waste money when I don't have to.

[quote name='garfep']The minimum for Amazon GC's is $5, right? I have $3.02 left on my card that I'm trying to figure out what to do with.[/quote]

Do what I did. Buy a GC for 3.02 less than the cost of the item you want from Amazon, then use it with your card to zero it out.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='AkariK']I don't have as many wins as you to just throw around, I'd rather not waste money when I don't have to..[/QUOTE]

After I won my first card, before winning anymore, i spent $85 and just left the rest alone just due to the hassle of spending it at the time....

Seriously.... It's 53 cents....I took 2 quarters out of my wallet and tossed them on the counter cause they were bothering me yesterday...I'll mail them to you if you want.

FYI I back up the story of Citibank allowing you to get cash out. Go to a branch of Citibank (not just a Citibank labeled ATM) and just choose Credit and voila, all $100 in $20 bills will come out, my g/f went to visit family where there is a branch and got 3 of our cards that received in cash money :)

If you have an ebay account, you can just dump the remaining amount into your seller account to cover your auction fees. It doesn't have a dollar fee, so it's a good way to empty out the card.

I know this doesn't help those of you with sub $1 accounts, but some places don't charge the authorization immediately. Currently, I'm waiting for a $100.00 Gamestop gift card.
[quote name='Malik112099']Seriously.... It's 53 cents....I took 2 quarters out of my wallet and tossed them on the counter cause they were bothering me yesterday...I'll mail them to you if you want.[/quote]Seriously...he should just rationalize fraud, act holier-than-thou, and pretend 50 cents is beneath him (while simultaneously gloating of hypocrisy)...I'll send him the paint by numbers!

[quote name='garfep']Is the $25 card OOS or am I just completely missing how to redeem my points for it?[/quote]

They brought it back for a short time a while back, not sure if its still avaliable.

[quote name='Malik112099']you can't combine them....[/quote]

Then why is there a section to put in a reward code on my $25 card account?

[quote name='Link927']Then why is there a section to put in a reward code on my $25 card account?[/quote]

then try it...the same thing is on the $100 cards...

[quote name='MightyHealthy']Seriously...he should just rationalize fraud, act holier-than-thou, and pretend 50 cents is beneath him (while simultaneously gloating of hypocrisy)...I'll send him the paint by numbers![/quote]

send it.

P.S. its 53 fucking cents...

[quote name='MightyHealthy']Seriously...he should just rationalize fraud, act holier-than-thou, and pretend 50 cents is beneath him (while simultaneously gloating of hypocrisy)...I'll send him the paint by numbers![/quote]

send it...

P.S. its 53 fucking cents...

[quote name='Malik112099']then try it...the same thing is on the $100 cards...

send it.

P.S. its 53 fucking cents...[/quote]

I'd rather not try. In the event that it does stack and I still have to pay for a card, I'll be out $4. I might as well try to find use online for my $25 and make another account to get a free card sent to me so I can use it in stores, ATM and such.

So this goes back to my original question, can I put a $100 code on top of my $25 code and recieve a card?

[quote name='Link927']So this goes back to my original question, can I put a $100 code on top of my $25 code and recieve a card?[/quote]

no..you cannot

:applause:

If you guys have that much resentment for malik, you've been reading his past posts. So in doing so, you've probably read over posts where he's helped people out, probably more often then not. So maybe we should just keep this to a q & a type forum and keep the personal gripes out of it. Or just keep it up, like you guys are doing.

I for one am dying to find out Malik's total haul over the course of this promotion. I've found him to be helpful to people when they've asked for it, obviously proud of the amount he's made, and legitimately annoyed by people who haven't read through previous posts.

He's done nothing wrong, IMO. Keep posting please, and to EVERYONE: keep it civil. There are so many more important things to bitch and moan about. :lol:

Agreed with both of the posts above me.

Back on topic: I found a way to get more free points! I found it on my own while searching for local stores that sell bubble mailers.. lol.

https://shop.safeway.com/content/touts/landingpages/22_mcr_act.asp

Sign up for safeway and input your MyCokeRewards email on the My Account page and they will credit you with 33 points in 7-10 days. I just put it in so I'm unsure if it will actually credit, but it's Safeway.. so it's gotta be safe, lol. We'll see what happens. I do not believe we have to buy any coke for this to credit because all it says is "Order participating Coca-Cola products and get bonus points.

Register page: http://shop.safeway.com/register/default.asp?brandid=1

[quote name='stupidxaznxboi']Agreed with both of the posts above me.

Back on topic: I found a way to get more free points! I found it on my own while searching for local stores that sell bubble mailers.. lol.

https://shop.safeway.com/content/touts/landingpages/22_mcr_act.asp[/quote]Excellent find! Thanks![quote name='hueybdd']If you guys have that much resentment for malik, you've been reading his past posts. So in doing so, you've probably read over posts where he's helped people out, probably more often then not. So maybe we should just keep this to a q & a type forum and keep the personal gripes out of it. Or just keep it up, like you guys are doing.[/quote]Way to contradict yourself :D[quote name='marcoflash128']Keep posting please, and to EVERYONE: keep it civil. There are so many more important things to bitch and moan about. :lol:[/quote]Instead of insinuating that anyone who views differently is merely "bitching and moaning," how about you come up with a better defense for Malik's poor attitude, instead of goading on fraudulent activity?[quote name='Malik112099']well...if the majority of people dislike my comments in this thread I will stop posting here.[/quote]Despite the fact that all of my posts directed towards you have been in disgust of your treatment of others, I have nothing but respect for your posting privilege.

I'm not trying to browbeat you out of CAG, but:

-condescendingly insisting winning is easy, while cheating
-affronting another poster over 50 cents, while building up a "haul" of dozens of stolen virtual Visas
-immediately insisting that anyone who isn't raining praise on you is merely jealous from not winning

All that makes you appear conflicted. Those things would inevitably be addressed, I just caught them first. If you don't want your glaring faults discussed, don't open yourself up to such deserving ridicule.

While you have clearly worked hard to make yourself a part of these forums, also realize that egregious insults can overshadow your efforts that so many others are eager to point out.

Was originally gong to post a quip at previous comments but, hey not going to accomplish anything, instead got a question. Has anybody had any luck with Best Buy Gift cards? Would like to know what the pre-auth amount is.

I didn't insinuate EVERYONE who disagreed with me was bitching and moaning. I was only reffering to the people who WERE bitching and moaning. :)

That said, while I don't condone breaking contest rules, I still am very curious in how many Malik was able to walk away with.

[quote name='hueybdd']Was originally gong to post a quip at previous comments but, hey not going to accomplish anything, instead got a question. Has anybody had any luck with Best Buy Gift cards? Would like to know what the pre-auth amount is.[/quote]

I've gotten the full card amount buying from Best Buy. No hold charges have been encountered.

As for Malik, to each his own. As my folks always taught me, worry about your own self. (I've won 4 times and have bragged about on here. Haven't been hit with a stone from the holier-than-thou folks yet.)

[quote name='stevieraveon']I've gotten the full card amount buying from Best Buy. No hold charges have been encountered.

As for Malik, to each his own. As my folks always taught me, worry about your own self. (I've won 4 times and have bragged about on here. Haven't been hit with a stone from the holier-than-thou folks yet.)[/quote]

People dont always intend to brag, Im sure you're just excited to win as I am. Just want to tell others you won!

bread's done
Back