My Coke Rewards is dead, long live Coke Rewards. Or not.

The site has been throwing errors for me all day, is it working for other people? I get 'Sorry, an application error has occurred. Please try again.'...

[quote name='AkariK']The site has been throwing errors for me all day, is it working for other people? I get 'Sorry, an application error has occurred. Please try again.'...[/quote]

Yeah i got that last night as I was playing. I just gave up.

[quote name='AkariK']The site has been throwing errors for me all day, is it working for other people? I get 'Sorry, an application error has occurred. Please try again.'...[/quote]

I was getting that really bad last night also. I would just move on to a different account when that happened to fix it.

Hey guys, I think the $25 GC for 500 points is back up. I just put in about three Sprite codes and got two entries into the contest and the gc offer.

Sadly, I only have 430 points, so I couldn't get the $25 gc, but eh.

Darn it, I put in one(of five caps) just to test the $25 GC thing, IT WORKED... Tried another and now I can't get any more. So considering I already did my 10 entries today, that was a waste :bomb:.

And I so wanted to get rid of my points by getting 3 more...

[quote name='sp00ge']Damn me and my lack of sprite caps... plenty of coke caps though.[/quote]

You don't have to have Sprite caps to play, just go through the official rules part.

in that case
I NEED SPRITE CAPS
how bout this I'll send you a 25 point coke code for a few sprite 3 point caps!
pm me

(is this considered advertising?) sorry delete if this shouldn't be here.

do you actually need to have 500 points just from sprite to get the $25? i have almost 600 points, but it is from a wide variety of coke products.

Please rewind and explain this for me. Can you get the $25 gift cards again? Because I entered a sprite cap and a sprite 10 point flap and I only got entries to try and win the $100 GC. Is there something I am missing?

Let me add to the topic that I did receive 2 $25 GC's the last time you could do this.

crunchberries did you get a GC when they were first available?

[quote name='trent82']do you actually need to have 500 points just from sprite...[/quote]
NOT AT ALL! You just need to enter one Sprite cap code to get the "bonus offer" when you hit the "enter codes" thing under the $25 section.

[quote name='shiftyspider'] Once you get one of the $25 gift cards, is that it, or can you get more?[/quote]
For me that was it, but I am not sure if you can enter more then one Sprite code AT ONCE(again at the offer's point entry screen) and then apply them all to the 500pts for $25 offer.

I hope I can get three more, the current rewards are too "expensive," lame(come on, 700pts-whatever pts for a 1GB flash drive? That is as stupid as the 64MB coke themed ones... And what is that no-brand-or-model-name iPod speaker dock?) and I don't think any other good rewards will show up.

[quote name='DarkKenpachi']Please rewind and explain this for me. Can you get the $25 gift cards again? Because I entered a sprite cap and a sprite 10 point flap and I only got entries to try and win the $100 GC. Is there something I am missing?[/quote]
Did you --under the bring home the green screen-- click on redeem points, and then "enter your code now"?

That is how I got one, yet I'm NOT sure if you can get more then one card if you DON'T exit the entry screen(I think that was what got me, darn those annoying "if you exit this.." rules...:cry:) and just continue to fill in more sprite caps while there.

[quote name='doubledown']What is the best time? Anyone play during the day? I usually try morning or night.[/quote]

middle of the night or early morning so far seems to be the best

That is popping up instead of the "sorry you have exceeded the maximum tries for the day" (or whatever it says)....once you get it you have already had your ten tries...scared me at first but then i counted my tries

funnypicturesfreecatwitpx0.jpg
[/

I got a quick question for those who've won. How do you get the money off the card? Paypal doesn't work, and I've tried countless ATMs only to be met with an "Insufficient funds" message. Is there an ATM that will work? Because I have a feeling its not working because every ATM I tried had a fee, and pulling $100 plus the fee makes sense of the "Insufficient funds" message. Please help!

[quote name='DarkKenpachi']Please rewind and explain this for me. Can you get the $25 gift cards again? Because I entered a sprite cap and a sprite 10 point flap and I only got entries to try and win the $100 GC. Is there something I am missing?

Let me add to the topic that I did receive 2 $25 GC's the last time you could do this.

crunchberries did you get a GC when they were first available?[/quote]

Nope, I didn't get one, but I was offered the deal previously (and declined it) if that helps anything.

[quote name='TouchMyWiimote']I got a quick question for those who've won. How do you get the money off the card? Paypal doesn't work, and I've tried countless ATMs only to be met with an "Insufficient funds" message. Is there an ATM that will work? Because I have a feeling its not working because every ATM I tried had a fee, and pulling $100 plus the fee makes sense of the "Insufficient funds" message. Please help![/quote]

visa gift cards are pretty much set up to not be able to become liquid...you have the balance on the card and that is it....if you read a few pages back someone got theirs to work at an atm.....i think the website (myecount) lists atm's but im not too sure

Another question, do I have to register a new account for my $25? I've activated my $100 card, but the thing keeps claiming "this code is not valid" whenever I try to enter the $25 one(copied and pasted from my email with no formating)...

I was walking around with some friends tonight at around 10 and we saw a guy with a light on his bike riding from recycling bin to recycling and when we asked him what he was looking for he told us coke rewards points. I laughed.

[quote name='JMEPO']I was walking around with some friends tonight at around 10 and we saw a guy with a light on his bike riding from recycling bin to recycling and when we asked him what he was looking for he told us coke rewards points. I laughed.[/quote]

Two weeks ago I saw a guy stop on a four lane road in Atlanta to get a Sprite bottle with a cap out of the street while at a red-light.

MCR, encourages recycling and fights litter. Win/win/win.
Free code:
Coke Zero Cap fbp5 wmkt o4vt
You know the drill, post if it's taken and post if someone else takes it without posting.

As always TL thread bumps appreciated but not required:
http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=173460

[quote name='Snarky']Another question, do I have to register a new account for my $25? I've activated my $100 card, but the thing keeps claiming "this code is not valid" whenever I try to enter the $25 one(copied and pasted from my email with no formating)...[/quote]

yes...every card needs a new account..you can't stack the cards

[quote name='Malik112099']yes...every card needs a new account..you can't stack the cards[/quote]

Thanks, did not see anything on the site saying such, and couldn't find it here using the search tool.

[quote name='Malik112099'] visa gift cards are pretty much set up to not be able to become liquid...you have the balance on the card and that is it....if you read a few pages back someone got theirs to work at an atm.....i think the website (myecount) lists atm's but im not too sure[/quote]

The card's 18002251115 number has an option to locate a near by one after registering, and on the "important card tips for YOU!" that comes with the card says:
[quote name='CardTips']
At Atms:

• All cards with ATM access will have a label attached with a telephone number to call to set their PIN number
  • Your card will not work at an ATM without setting your PIN beforehand
  • Select "credit" as the option to withdraw money (EVEN THOUGH you're using a debit card).
  • Withdraw cash at any ATM that bears the logo on the back of your card("editors note": Ummm unlike my real visa and bank card, there is none, but there is some legal mumbojumbo about Citibank... AGAIN try their ATM finding).
[/quote]

Now I don't remember seeing anything on the myecount site, so I'm not so sure they list or have a search for ATMs on it...

Edit: didn't see the ATM list on the site you go through from coke, yet they did list some online merchants under "shop" for the virtual visa... Except there isn't much choices(a bunch of ok sites like amazon but with a ".CANADA"!?!?!?), seems dated(they say ToysrUs through amazon.CAnada, but last I checked TRU spilt up away from amazon...) and their links are full of REFERRAL CODEs.

If things go ok with my $100, for my $25 I think I'll just pay the $3.95 fee to get a real card(so I get $21ish).

Last edited by a moderator:
Paypal does work if the card is activated - this is important. They charge a $1 fee to link the card to the account, but for some reason that fee gets reversed within a few days (perhaps it's just to check the card works). However, you'd need 2 accounts or 2 people in order to get the balance off the card, I suppose, and you will lose the 2.9%+0.30.

[quote name='AkariK']Paypal does work if the card is activated - this is important. They charge a $1 fee to link the card to the account, but for some reason that fee gets reversed within a few days (perhaps it's just to check the card works). However, you'd need 2 accounts or 2 people in order to get the balance off the card, I suppose, and you will lose the 2.9%+0.30.[/QUOTE]
Yeah, I'd been wondering about this as well, so that's why I called customer service earlier today. Seems like Citibank's ATMs should work with the credit withdrawals as mentioned; I'm not so sure if surcharge-less ATMs work quite the same way. At any rate, what the rep told me was that Citibank might make a charge and then refund/cancel it later on, but that eCount wouldn't repeal its $1.50 fee on withdrawals. 'Course, the only way to really find out is to give it a try myself, so I'll see if I can't get my hands on some cash with minimal charges later this week.

There's a new gift card up, one for ebags.com
$10 = 280
$25 = 720
$50 = 1450

Ironic how the $50 cost more in pts. Like the subway cards.

And as usual more errors for the game.

Just won my 3rd $100. Im on some luck streak or something, Second night in a row.

I just play as fast as possible. Malik told me that helped and it seems to massively help winning.
When you play you totally need to focus on it and nothing else, close windows as fast as you can and open the next one as fast as you can. Its much like some endurance race with clicking.

Lucky guys! I can't seem to get the timing right I guess, playing for about 35-45 minutes every morning before work during "off" hours. Oh well, we have some time left.... 9 days....

I can't even get up to 500 points, lol. I wish these code promotions will go back up soon cause I missed all of them.. Oh well, gotta go tell my dad to buy more coke..

[quote name='sp00ge']I put in a sprite code last night and got the $25 virtual card offer. Went ahead and took it. Now, what to spend it on?[/quote]

I entered a code and I got the offer! And it actually went through this time :bouncy:

[quote name='dpac']Yeah, I'd been wondering about this as well, so that's why I called customer service earlier today. Seems like Citibank's ATMs should work with the credit withdrawals as mentioned; I'm not so sure if surcharge-less ATMs work quite the same way. At any rate, what the rep told me was that Citibank might make a charge and then refund/cancel it later on, but that eCount wouldn't repeal its $1.50 fee on withdrawals. 'Course, the only way to really find out is to give it a try myself, so I'll see if I can't get my hands on some cash with minimal charges later this week.[/QUOTE]

So I went and took care of this at the local Citibank branch today. A hundred dollars' cash, straight from the ATM. I used the $100 Fast Cash button on the touch screen -- no problems. The transaction's still listed as pending on myecount.com, but the online status claims there is/was no fee. I'm really appreciatin' CAG (and Sprite!) right about now. :) G'luck, all!

Just wondering, how did you guys get free cards? I just used my $25 code and it says I need to pay $3.95 to get a card =/ Well, I dont think I'll need a physical card anyways, since I'll probably just make some paypal purchases or something.

Heads up for more gc news, I think they're really trying to move those D&B cards, orginally 240 I believe, and they made a drop a week ago I think to 180, and now they're 150 pts.

Well ho-ly shit! I decided to do my 10 tries before heading up to bed and wouldn't you believe it, I won a $100 card! So now I'm at $125 and I'm not sure what to spend it on.

Time to go to bed happy.

Just won another $100 tonight. up to a 3 night streak :bouncy:
For those wondering I only use 15 accounts a night.

EDIT: Can you combine Gift cards on amazon.com that you order from them?

I think I'm just going to convert mine to Circuit City eGiftcards, so I can use them in-store today.

EDIT: WTF? I keep getting an error saying it's not being authorized by my bank.

[quote name='Metalic']

EDIT: Can you combine Gift cards on amazon.com that you order from them?[/quote]

yeah you can stack amazon gift cads, the balance will be added everytime you apply one to your account. best times to buy a gift card is as soon as you redeem the sprite code, like within in hour.

[quote name='sp00ge']I think I'm just going to convert mine to Circuit City eGiftcards, so I can use them in-store today.

EDIT: WTF? I keep getting an error saying it's not being authorized by my bank.[/quote]

Have you activated it yet? It's an automated number so it's rather quick.

You cant activate the cards until about 2-3 days after you win them. Everytime i go to Activate my cards they wont let me but after 2-3 days it works. They have to get the card into there system or something.

sorry for not clarifying, when you do get your winning code from mcr, and congratulations if you have seen that screen, you don't have to redeem that code right away with ecount. You can wait to redeem that code until dec or when your ready to buy, say an amazon gift card. Just after you redeem the code and it generates the card, within an hour you will have no probs buying an amazon gift card for $99.

some places you don't have to activate the card after you redeem, ie amazon, but you gotta use it within, an estimated, hour or else card security goes on lock down.

[quote name='Metalic']You cant activate the cards until about 2-3 days after you win them. Everytime i go to Activate my cards they wont let me but after 2-3 days it works. They have to get the card into there system or something.[/quote]

if it has a problem activating then stay on the line for a customer service rep...they will make sure the card is active for you....

bread's done
Back