My slumlord sued me: A cautionary tale; UPDATE: Life in prison. The end.

This is a great thread and a riveting read.

Its like a bad movie you can't stop watching.

When this is all done you should do a blog about it so all of CAG can read of the b*tch*ssness of your landlord.

I love the part at the end where you said 6 year old kid.
Priceless.

We are holding our breath.
Cant wait to find out what happens.

BEst Thread so far.

You should do a blog when its all said and done.

[quote name='speedracer']The second the ink is dry I'm going to turn into the gigantic taunting asshole only seen on display in my posts in the Vs. forum. I've been reduced to being pissed off, but at the same time I can't wait to see his face when we show up at his court date calling him every name we can think of.
[/QUOTE]

He's a douchebag for sure. But I'd just take the high road and forget about him if I were you, vs. hounding him at his court date etc.

On top of being the mature thing to do, it could avoid future hassles. The guy is a proven, law suit happy douche nozzle, so I wouldn't be surprised if he'd try to swing a libel/defamation suit if you guys stake him out and insult him in public etc. No real grounds for it, but more hassle for you in any case.

I'm Italian man. Letting go and taking the high road isn't in my genetic makeup. He doesn't know the debt he owes the other three tenants. If not for them, I would go to the end of the earth to destroy him.

I don't think I'd go light on this guy. If it was anyone else, they probably would have paid the 10k for it... which is sad.

This guy is just unlucky to meet the likes of you.

Unlucky doesn't mean a break. He deserves this, and it's unfortunate that it'll get written off.

I wouldn't have gone so easy on the terms since it seems like you basically had him on the ropes, but I do agree with our Sith friend dmaul1114 and wouldn't provoke him. He sounds like a real nutjob and you never know with those kinds of people. Anyway, congratulations are in order! :applause:

Speedracer... I know you said "The second the ink is dry I'm going to turn into the gigantic taunting asshole only seen on display in my posts in the Vs. forum. I've been reduced to being pissed off, but at the same time I can't wait to see his face when we show up at his court date calling him every name we can think of. If it was up to me, we'd be stomping this guy into dust." but don't forget he has a gun. All of the aggravation in the world is not worth being harmed.

Great ending but please be careful you don't push him over the edge please.
We would miss you and please keep us updated.

[quote name='flameofdoom666']Speedracer... I know you said "The second the ink is dry I'm going to turn into the gigantic taunting asshole only seen on display in my posts in the Vs. forum. I've been reduced to being pissed off, but at the same time I can't wait to see his face when we show up at his court date calling him every name we can think of. If it was up to me, we'd be stomping this guy into dust." but don't forget he has a gun. All of the aggravation in the world is not worth being harmed.[/QUOTE]

Not the advice I would expect from flameofdoom666 :!:

Sad sack ending.

You were going to win and avoid a $10K bullet anyways.

So, you give up and call it a draw.

No, wait, you give up and give him $225.

I'm looking forward to the next lawsuit from him where you can't fully document your innocence.

BTW, you owe $100,000. It is a fair debt. I will be calling you every day until the fair debt is paid in full or until we settle for, say, $1,000. I'm going to do this to about 50 other people over the course of the next year. Try not to act surprised.

[quote name='fatherofcaitlyn']Sad sack ending.

You were going to win and avoid a $10K bullet anyways.

So, you give up and call it a draw.

No, wait, you give up and give him $225.

I'm looking forward to the next lawsuit from him where you can't fully document your innocence.[/QUOTE]
You're preachin to the choir man.

"Serving us" and court costs ran him right about $250, which my wife quickly pointed out when I was grumbling yesterday. Her point being he came out of pocket. My point being we paid for his shot at us.

This sucks.

[quote name='speedracer']You're preachin to the choir man.[/QUOTE]

After the ink is dried, wait a week and have your wife call the landlord. Have her tell him you lost your copy of the agreement and would like a duplicate for records.

After he sues you again, your wife might reconsider not getting the judgment against him.

I can understand why you're so pissed about things ending this way, but given you're in Texas, the man is a child molester, and is licensed to carry a gun, maybe this is the best overall ending. And if you make this story known to the other tenants, maybe you can prevent the landlord from screwing other tenants over (and if any of them take it to judgement, cost him money)

I'm still trying to get over how "convicted child molester" and "licensed gun owner" can even go together in the same description. Isn't that illegal? Or is it because it's Texas, and there's a member of the NRA ready to hand you a Colt as soon as you post bail?

Well i think we've learned one important thing from all of this, speedracer's wife has his balls in a jar.;)

At least the shit is over anyway.

[quote name='Salmonday']I'm still trying to get over how "convicted child molester" and "licensed gun owner" can even go together in the same description. Isn't that illegal? Or is it because it's Texas, and there's a member of the NRA ready to hand you a Colt as soon as you post bail?[/QUOTE]

I don't think he's a convicted child molester, I think he is being charged with a child sex offense--and that's the trial speedracer wants to go hound him at.

Otherwise, that would be a felony and felons can't have guns (or even bullets on them)--and doing so is a federal crime--so yes, illegal even in Texas. :D

God bless America update. All is right in the world again.
[quote name='Salmonday']I'm still trying to get over how "convicted child molester" and "licensed gun owner" can even go together in the same description. Isn't that illegal? Or is it because it's Texas, and there's a member of the NRA ready to hand you a Colt as soon as you post bail?[/QUOTE]
He is alleged to have sexually assaulted a child. He has not been convicted yet.
[quote name='JolietJake']Well i think we've learned one important thing from all of this, speedracer's wife has his balls in a jar.;)[/QUOTE]
If it were just her and I, there would not have been a settlement offer. Tenant A and B have done amazing things for me and only because of that history was I willing to concede to Tenant B's very strong feelings on the matter. But now that's over with. Thank the lord.

You're certainly right about the title update, you really can't make this shit up.

I continue to be amazed about how much of a mess this situation is turning into, and it's all the other guy's fault. And how damned clueless he is about how much of a mess he's making this.

I wish you best of luck on the next steps. Since I'm sure there continue to be more.

The story is a great read - Well written, speedracer.

Maybe the slumlord/pedophile will make his next appeal to Batman... it makes perfect sense, considering half the other things he tried to get away with.

ive been keeping track of this thread but havent posted yet (i think). it just keeps getting better and better. dark horse candidate for thread of the year i say.

I'm jazzing up the elevator scene!

Start Scene

A disgusted, defeated man enters the elevator. He just wants to go home.

A clip sounds and a running tape recorder lands at the man's feet.

"Who dropped this?"

Another man hanging upside down from the ceiling whispers, "I did," six inches behind the first man. It is speedracer.

Speedracer cherrydrops to the floor. He picks up his tape recorder and says, "I just wanted to thank you."

The elevator doors reopen and speedracer exits.

End Scene

I love the fact that he had a recorder on him, that alone makes my day because he actually knew enough to get/remember to bring a recorder with him to the court room in case there was altercations.

And after seeing how fucking stupid hes been up to this point, that means, to me, hes spent some time in our countries fine court system before

[quote name='fatherofcaitlyn']I'm jazzing up the elevator scene!

Start Scene

A disgusted, defeated man enters the elevator. He just wants to go home.

A clip sounds and a running tape recorder lands at the man's feet.

"Who dropped this?"

Another man hanging upside down from the ceiling whispers, "I did," six inches behind the first man. It is speedracer.

Speedracer cherrydrops to the floor. He picks up his tape recorder and says, "I just wanted to thank you."

The elevator doors reopen and speedracer exits.

End Scene[/QUOTE]

I'm imagining speedracer's voice gravelly like Rorshach's in Watchmen.

[quote name='chakan']I'm imagining speedracer's voice gravelly like Rorshach's in Watchmen.[/QUOTE]

I would prefer poorly dubbed high pitched Japglish.

[quote name='fatherofcaitlyn']How has he been stupid?[/QUOTE]

The landlord is basically trying to extort money from the previous tenants...

[quote name='Sito']The landlord is basically trying to extort money from the previous tenants...[/QUOTE]

Oh. He as in the landlord, not speedracer. Got it.

[quote name='Brownjohn']When he reached into his pocket, I thought he was going to pull out a gun.[/QUOTE]
Based on his alleged sexual practices, I was afraid he'd pull out something else.

[quote name='chakan']Based on his alleged sexual practices, I was afraid he'd pull out something else.[/QUOTE]

A dismembered penis?

[quote name='chakan']Based on his alleged sexual practices, I was afraid he'd pull out something else.[/QUOTE]

If anyone could say or know this, it'd definitely be you, Chakan.

Can't wait to hear more of this story, Speed!

[quote name='chakan']I'm imagining speedracer's voice gravelly like Rorshach's in Watchmen.[/QUOTE]
lol, YES! Although i was imagining batmans voice (dark knight).

unfortunate start but its great that it is turning out well for you. I've been rammed by a land lord before and it seemed the rape was inevitable. glad u turned the tables on him though.

[quote name='thespyderboy']If anyone could say or know this, it'd definitely be you, Chakan.

Can't wait to hear more of this story, Speed![/QUOTE]

because I'm a six year old boy????

So confused...

I also can't wait for an update to the story.

bread's done
Back