N-Gage QD $19.99 NEW @ EB B&M + All Games $2.99 ea.

onikage

CAGiversary!
Feedback
190 (100%)
If your EB still has any new N-Gage QDs they should now ring up @ $19.99.
I don't know how much they were before, but this seemed like a pretty good deal.

Also, all new games are now $2.99.

Edit: The QD is $49.99 @ Gamestop.

[quote name='ashram']WHAT!!!kendall had xanadu?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?CRAP! did they have any more?????[/QUOTE]

There was only one there, it was opened, but new. I also hit the ones on sunset and 117 (they had nothing save a belt clip and case, but they were 2.99 also) and then I hit Kendall and 137, no one else had xanadu, I havent tried it yet, but if for some reason it doesnt appeal to me, i'll hit ya up in regards to trading it. Thanx again.

[quote name='KingNES']There was only one there, it was opened, but new. I also hit the ones on sunset and 117 (they had nothing save a belt clip and case, but they were 2.99 also) and then I hit Kendall and 137, no one else had xanadu, I havent tried it yet, but if for some reason it doesnt appeal to me, i'll hit ya up in regards to trading it. Thanx again.[/QUOTE]
let me know then....

[quote name='TehTriggerman']Forgive my ignorance as I know -100% about N-gage. Do you have to apply for phone service to use the games?[/QUOTE]
no, if new, the qd should come with a dummy sim, so you can play games without a service plan.

[quote name='ashram']let me know then....

no, if new, the qd should come with a dummy sim, so you can play games without a service plan.[/quote]

The Cingular N-Gages don't come with a dummy SIM card, so you have to put in the Cingular SIM card to use the N-Gage. But you don't have to activate it. That way, your N-Gage will still be unlocked.

[quote name='KingNES']There was only one there, it was opened, but new. I also hit the ones on sunset and 117 (they had nothing save a belt clip and case, but they were 2.99 also) and then I hit Kendall and 137, no one else had xanadu, I havent tried it yet, but if for some reason it doesnt appeal to me, i'll hit ya up in regards to trading it. Thanx again.[/QUOTE]

i have not seen ngage games in the nearby game stores in miami for quite some time

[quote name='guyver2077']i have not seen ngage games in the nearby game stores in miami for quite some time[/QUOTE]
some employees don't even realize they have any.... or don't care....alot of the stores do though.

[quote name='ashram']some employees don't even realize they have any.... or don't care....alot of the stores do though.[/QUOTE]

i thi nk the gamestop on 67th and 8th has a few games at the counter but they are definitely not new.. i dont think ive seen new ngage games there in a while

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashram
let me know then....

no, if new, the qd should come with a dummy sim, so you can play games without a service plan.

The Cingular N-Gages don't come with a dummy SIM card, so you have to put in the Cingular SIM card to use the N-Gage. But you don't have to activate it. That way, your N-Gage will still be unlocked.
The QD comes with a sim!

[quote name='spiderdog']The QD comes with a sim![/quote]

I know this. I was merely stating the Cingular N-Gage doesn't have a dummy SIM card, but he shouldn't be worrying about using it as long as he doesn't activate it. That will allow him to use his N-Gage while keeping it unlocked.

[quote name='wirelessguy']Got it directly from the N-Gage site...

T-Mobile Internet Settings
How to set your Internet access settings.

1. Press the Menu key.
2. Highlight Web
3. Press Options
4. Select Open
5. Press Options
6. Select Settings
7. Highlight Default access point
8. Press Options
9. Select Change
10. Press Options
11. Select New access point
12. Select Use default settings
13. Enter in the following settings

Connection Name: t-zones
Data Bearer: GPRS
Access point name: wap.voicestream.com
User name: Nokia
Prompt Password: No
Password: none
Authentication: Normal
Homepage: http://wap.myvoicestream.com
Gateway IP Address: 216.155.165.50
Connection Security: Off
Session Mode: Permanent

Advance GPRS Settings

Device IP Address: Automatic
Primary Name Server: 0.0.0.0
Second. Name Server: 0.0.0.0
Proxy Serv. Address: 216.155.165.50 (try with none if having connection problems)
Proxy Port Number: 8080[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the headsup on this method, I'm at work right now, but i'll try it this evening, thanks to everyone on this great deal and good luck to anyone looking. Here they have a few games that are worth looking at, if anyone want me to pick them up, they include Pocket kingdom, Xmen legends, Puyo Poyo, a crap load of those path of glory type games and virtua tennis/fifa/ncaa crap.

I have

Red Faction
Sonic
Fifa
moto GP
RayMan
Worms
Pathway to glory

All up for Trade/Sale
PM Me if intrested
Otherwise these are goign back to gamestop!
thanks all!

[quote name='guyver2077']i have not seen ngage games in the nearby game stores in miami for quite some time[/QUOTE]

The Gamestops at :

Kendall Town and Country
Briar Bay (across from the falls)
Colonial Drive

have always had games out, they kept them in the bins with the classic games they will no longer be selling after june the 1st ( NES,Genny,N64 etc)

The EB games stores (Southland Mall, sunset/117, Kendall/137, the falls and Homestead) I went to had them all in the back of the store and actually had to dig them up. But they all had plenty of games. Granted out of all the stores I hit i only found one Xanadu Next, KoF and Glimmerati. I only found Hardware at Colonial and Homestead as well.

picked up:

ghost recon
operation shadow
fifa soccer 2004
ncaa football 2004
puyo pop
elder scrolls
pocket kingdom
glimmerati
marcel desailly
moto gp
xanadu
ssx
puzzle bobble vs
xmen legends
spiderman 2
wwe aftershock
worms
virtua tennis
tomb raider
tiger woods 2004
super monkey ball

left:

some sports games
xanadu
pocket kingdom

looking for:

crash
asphalt
roots
kof
sims bust'n out
rayman 3
bomberman
splinter cell: chaos theory/team stealth action
pandemonium
pathway to glory
red faction
requiem of hell
ashen
sonic n

pm me if you want to set up a trade for something i left at the store or on my list in my signature, also i have cash.

thanks!!

Just got back and thanks to this post I scared pretty darned good!:applause: I also had a few DS and PSP games I wanted to get rid of so It'sall good.

The N-Gage QD unit
A Nice Mini Heavy nylon Case

The Games:

Red Faction
Splinter Cell Team Stealth action
Asphalt GT
Splinter Cell Chaos Theory
Elder Scrolls
Tomb Raider
Super Monkey Ball
SonicN
Virtua Tennis
Puyo Pop
Xmen Legends
The KOF Extreme
Spiderman 2
Pathway of Glory
Requiem of Hell
Rayman 3

Thanks again for posting this. Ive never seen this machine in motion But I must own every gaming device made. lol.
with my DS trade ins and Such..My total was like 55.00

Hey, seriously guys.......I REALLY want one of these and there is not a single gamestop/eb games that has one in all of Iowa. I will trade games, dvds, pay cash, whatever...I just really need a new phone for cheap. The fact that it plays games is sweet too but I mainly need a phone. Message me if you would be willing to hook a guy up......!

Went to the Gamestop up the road and they had a good selection of the $2.99 NGage games. Here is the list:

- Ashen
- Asphault Urban Assault
- Bomberman
- Collin McRae 05
- Crash Nitro Kart
- FIFA 04 & 05
- Marcel Desailly Pro Soccer
- MLB Slam
- Moto GP
- NCAA Football 04
- Operation Shadow
- Pandemonium
- Pathway to Glory
- Pocket Kingdom
- Puyo Pop
- Puzzle Bubble
- Rayman 3
- Red Faction
- Requiem of Hell
- The Roots
- SSX Out of Bounds
- Spiderman 2
- Splinter Cell: Chaos Theory
- Super Monkey Ball
- Tomb Raider
- Virtua Tennis
- WWE Aftershock
- Worms World Party
- XMEN Legends
- Xanadu

If anyone has an extra QD I'd be willing to purchase and trade any of these games, things off my list for it or money via Paypal, thanks.:)

[quote name='KingNES']The Gamestops at :

Kendall Town and Country
Briar Bay (across from the falls)
Colonial Drive

have always had games out, they kept them in the bins with the classic games they will no longer be selling after june the 1st ( NES,Genny,N64 etc)

The EB games stores (Southland Mall, sunset/117, Kendall/137, the falls and Homestead) I went to had them all in the back of the store and actually had to dig them up. But they all had plenty of games. Granted out of all the stores I hit i only found one Xanadu Next, KoF and Glimmerati. I only found Hardware at Colonial and Homestead as well.[/QUOTE]

homestead had hardware too?!? i figured it was too new of a store to have anything. trying to find a seconf qd so the mrs. and i can play a few games.....i found a used qd, but the idiot didn't want to sell it since it wasn't in the system and he had no clue about it, even told me they didn't have anything....considering i bought ssx there monday, i point him to the correct drawer...

[quote name='heyfergy']Hey, seriously guys.......I REALLY want one of these and there is not a single gamestop/eb games that has one in all of Iowa. I will trade games, dvds, pay cash, whatever...I just really need a new phone for cheap. The fact that it plays games is sweet too but I mainly need a phone. Message me if you would be willing to hook a guy up......![/QUOTE]

Unsure if you ever come down to KC, but I was told today that the EB on the Plaza has the QD in stock (unknown amount though). I got mine today at Oak Park Mall in Kansas. The guy told me that they were about to send it to another store. Got the QD, belt clip, and 4 games for just over 40.

[quote name='neudog']Went to the Gamestop up the road and they had a good selection of the $2.99 NGage games. Here is the list:

- Ashen
- Asphault Urban Assault
- Bomberman
- Call of Duty
- Collin McRae 05
- Crash Nitro Kart
- Elder Scrolls
- FIFA 04 & 05
- Gummerati
- MLB Slam
- Moto GP
- NCAA Football 04
- Operation Shadow
- Pandemonium
- Pathway to Glory
- Pocket Kingdom
- Puyo Pop
- Puzzle Bubble
- Rayman 3
- Red Faction
- Requiem of Hell
- The Roots
- SSX Out of Bounds
- SIMS Bustin Out
- Spiderman 2
- Splinter Cell: Stealth Action
- Super Monkey Ball
- Tomb Raider
- Virtua Tennis
- WWE Aftershock
- Worms World Party
- XMEN Legends
- Xanadu

If anyone has an extra QD I'd be willing to purchase and trade any of these games, things off my list for it or money via Paypal, thanks.:)[/QUOTE]

GRAB ME THAT XANADU!!!!!!i'll pay cost+shopping+time spent

Don't really get down there ever, it's 5 hours south-west unfortunately. BUT if you want to go pick up the qd for me and send it off I will paypal you some $$$ :)

[quote name='bickman2k']Unsure if you ever come down to KC, but I was told today that the EB on the Plaza has the QD in stock (unknown amount though). I got mine today at Oak Park Mall in Kansas. The guy told me that they were about to send it to another store. Got the QD, belt clip, and 4 games for just over 40.[/quote]

[quote name='assassinX']Tomorrow im off to go to gamestop. Does anyone know how reliable the gamestop availibility screen is?[/QUOTE]
non reliable at all!

[quote name='assassinX']Tomorrow im off to go to gamestop. Does anyone know how reliable the gamestop availibility screen is?[/QUOTE]

Definitely YMMV. Personally I've gone about 50/50 with the availibility screen. On wednesday I checked and it said one of my local GameStop's had a Used N-Gage in stock, but when I got there, there was none to be found! Good luck if there is one supposedly available in your area.

I know the " I want an N-Gage... I'll give you XXXX for it" is getting old but I have to try too! CML for details but I will trade a used DS (PM for description) for a new preferably sealed N-Gage ( Games would be nice too! Maybe I'll throw in something extra!)

If any one lives in minnesota the Gamestop in the mall of america has tons of games for $2.99, pretty much every game I think they released the only 2 I could not find where roots and rifts. Sorry no systems.

[quote name='neudog']Went to the Gamestop up the road and they had a good selection of the $2.99 NGage games. Here is the list:

- Ashen
- Asphault Urban Assault
- Bomberman
- Call of Duty
- Collin McRae 05
- Crash Nitro Kart
- Elder Scrolls
- FIFA 04 & 05
- Gummerati
- MLB Slam
- Moto GP
- NCAA Football 04
- Operation Shadow
- Pandemonium
- Pathway to Glory
- Pocket Kingdom
- Puyo Pop
- Puzzle Bubble
- Rayman 3
- Red Faction
- Requiem of Hell
- The Roots
- SSX Out of Bounds
- SIMS Bustin Out
- Spiderman 2
- Splinter Cell: Stealth Action
- Super Monkey Ball
- Tomb Raider
- Virtua Tennis
- WWE Aftershock
- Worms World Party
- XMEN Legends
- Xanadu

If anyone has an extra QD I'd be willing to purchase and trade any of these games, things off my list for it or money via Paypal, thanks.:)[/QUOTE]

I second Ashram except with Sims Bustin Out!!! Please oh please oh please oh please, haha. I sound desperate.

In reference to my early list, most games had multiple copies, but a few only had a single copy Xanadu being one of them.

[quote name='assassinX']Does anyone have the link to shrink movies to play on the n-gage?[/QUOTE]
Here's where'd I start.

First, there's Nokia Multimedia Converter. It converts video files to the 3gp format, which you can play using the N-Gage's Real Player. The video quality is not the best, but hey, it's free. It's worth trying out before buying another application. You'll have to register with Nokia to download it.

http://www.forum.nokia.com/main/0,,034-63,00.html

Like ashram mentioned, there's Smart Movie by Lonely Cat Games. It's a nice all-around media converter with a player, but it ain't free. However, there is a free demo so you can try it out.

http://www.lonelycatgames.com/index.php?chapter=smartmovie

There's also Makayama's Nokia Media Studio, which allows you to convert your DVDs to a format playable on the N-Gage. It's file sizes tend to run just over a MB per minute (not bad). The demo only lets you convert a limited number of minutes, but it's enough for you to check out the quality before buying.

http://www.makayama.com/dvdtonokia.html

I hesitate to mention this, but Orb (http://www.orb.com) is supposedly compatible with N-Gage for streaming video to the device. Worth looking into, but I haven't tried it. Just be careful you don't rack up huge data transfer charges if you give it a shot.

Finally, when it comes to games, here's the Nokia download page. Lots of demos (though they tend to be short), but everyone who nabbed an N-Gage with this deal should definitely grab Snakes, which is the full game, it's free, and it's good.

http://arena.n-gage.com/n-gage/web/en/play/downloads/downloads_games.jsp

I hit up my local gamestop here in Lake Jackson, TX yesterday and they had quite a few of the Cingular pre-paid QDs for $49.99. They also had 30 or more different N-gage games marked at $2.99 Each. I'm going to hit the EB across the street and see if I they have any of the $19.99 ones. Not sure if I'm going to bite at $49.99 since I don't need a phone right now and I'm not overly interested in the N-gage, but at $19.99 it's a no brainer. I'm leaving in a couple of hours, so if any CAGs with trade feedback here have any requests and want to shoot me some PayPal before I go to pick them something up, just shoot me a PM before 11:00 AM CT.

Does anyone know how reliable the gamestop availibility screen is?

I second that. Just terrible! I did a Game check and came out with 3 Tomb Raiders ( i had to go there anyway cause they had the system. When I asked him for games he brough out a cardboard box FULL. Definatley YMMV.

[quote name='GrimNecroWizard']Do you have to pay monthly for the radio or to use it as a cellphone thing? My Gamestop has 1-3 units in stock so I might pick one up for fun.[/quote]

it's basically a prepaid cellphone
it's unlocked until you put a sim card in it

and it has no radio

So could I get on Instant Messangers and search the web and play games with other people without paying for the subscription or whatever?

And do I have to be in a wireless area or something to do that? I remember in the commercial for Ghost Recon or whatever, they'd play in a clothes store or on a bus or something...So yeah...

[quote name='GrimNecroWizard']So could I get on Instant Messangers and search the web and play games with other people without paying for the subscription or whatever?

And do I have to be in a wireless area or something to do that? I remember in the commercial for Ghost Recon or whatever, they'd play in a clothes store or on a bus or something...So yeah...[/QUOTE]
to truly play anywhere, yes you have to pay. since it would require a cell plan w/data. to play at home, you could set it up via bluetooth and play for free....

For $20 I would buy one. However in all of the N-gages' life I only saw it in one store once. It was at a gamestop in a local mall on display.

bread's done
Back