N-Gage QD $19.99 NEW @ EB B&M + All Games $2.99 ea.

onikage

CAGiversary!
Feedback
190 (100%)
If your EB still has any new N-Gage QDs they should now ring up @ $19.99.
I don't know how much they were before, but this seemed like a pretty good deal.

Also, all new games are now $2.99.

Edit: The QD is $49.99 @ Gamestop.

Well, I hit up my local EB and they had Zilch! So, I decided to bring in some trades to Gamestop and grab the $49.99 QD. I snagged the QD and the following 15 games for about $12 after trades:

SSX Out of Bounds
Splinter Cell Chaos Theory
Pocket Kingdom Own the World
NCAA Football 2004
Worms World Party
Tiger Woods 2004
Tomb Raider
Super Monkey Ball
Xanadu Next
Colin McRae Rally 2005
Ghost Recon Jungle Storm
Sonic N
Sims Bustin Out
MLB Slam
Virtua Tennis

My Gamestop still had tons of games, including a bunch I didn't list. The also had a few of the $49.99 QDs left. I'll be going back in a few days, so like I said in a previous post, if anyone wants me to pick them anything up, just shoot me a PM!

I'm still looking for the following games if anyone picked these up and would be willing to trade for something off my list:

Tony Hawk Pro Skater
One

Edit: I've had a few people PM me already to ask me to pick up a QD for them. The GS I got it from is a 30 minute ride each way. I will be going again later this week, but there is no telling if any of the 5 remaing ones they had will be left by then. I would be willing to make a special trip, but when you factor in cost+shipping+Paypal fee+gas money(which I'd only add for a special trip there), it pushes the price to about $70-$75, which most wouldn't see as a deal at that point. I'd still be happy to try and snag games or a QD if they still have any when I go later this week, but you'd have to pay cost+shipping+paypal fee up front....and I'd issue a refund if I can't find the games you wanted. I'm not trying to be a prick, but gas is too expensive to make a special trip on my own dollar, and I don't have a lot of cash to lay upfront for anything.

[quote name='maccabee72']Well, I hit up my local EB and they had Zilch! So, I decided to bring in some trades to Gamestop and grab the $49.99 QD. I snagged the QD and the following 15 games for about $12 after trades:

SSX Out of Bounds
Pocket Kingdom Own the World
NCAA Football 2004
Worms World Party
Tiger Woods 2004
Tomb Raider
Super Monkey Ball
Xanadu Next
Colin McRae Rally 2005
Ghost Recon Jungle Storm
Sonic N
Sims Bustin Out
MLB Slam
Virtua Tennis

My Gamestop still had tons of games, including a bunch I didn't list. The also had a few of the $49.99 QDs left. I'll be going back in a few days, so like I said in a previous post, if anyone wants me to pick them anything up, just shoot me a PM!

I'm still looking for the following games if anyone picked these up and would be willing to trade for something off my list:

Tony Hawk Pro Skater
One[/QUOTE]

i've got a tony hawk i can trade.... but the only things i see off you list that i want is either sonicn or pocket kingdom..,..

also, anyone buying the games before the system, don't risk buying the re-wrapped "new" games... just hit a gamestop (one kingnes mentioned, on colonial) and was ecstatic that i found pocket kingdom.... it was a re-wrap, and did not work... my qd said "corrupted game"

[quote name='assassinX']How big is the n-gage screen exactly? I saw some screenshots and it really doesnt look that large to play video games with.[/QUOTE]
i can tell you in pixels...
176x208 4096 colors
it's not really that bad.

For those of you who have a chance to buy an n-gage for 20 dollars....just remember that on ebay these things go for 70+...used...with no games.

getting a PSP kind of makes up for not getting the ngage deal. though it owuld be nnce to have one also. no GS/EB has them in stock in the bay area

Okay I just checked out my gamestop and there is a lot, at least 4+ of xanadus left at my gamestop and glimerrti. I picked up xanadu, tomb raider, operation shadow, and pathway to glory. For 12.95. Also, what n-gage games should I pick up next time?

I might return tomb raider and operation shadow just read the reviews for both of them. So PM me if interested.

Anyone who hasnt gotten glimmerati needs to do so ASAP, that game is awesome on this system. Also I know I sound like a broken record, but anyone who has a crash bandicoot racing, please drop me a line, i'll trade or buy. Thanx again.

I Have

Fifa
Worms
Red Faction
Pathway to Glory
Moto GP

Still up for grabs, All Sealed
Otherwise im returning them to Gamestop

Paypal Only, PM me for Prices

I got to this thread late, I'm not sure if this question was asked all ready...

I have cingular right now, and my phone uses a sim card.

Can I just drop that into a N-Gage, and use it for phone calls? Can I buy the one for $20 that doesn't come as a "cingluar" phone?

[quote name='Altered Beast Returns']I got to this thread late, I'm not sure if this question was asked all ready...

Can I just drop that into a N-Gage, and use it for phone calls? Can I buy the one for $20 that doesn't come as a "cingluar" phone?[/QUOTE]
99.9% sure yes

[quote name='ashram']99.9% sure yes[/QUOTE]

Yes you can, thats exactly what i did(I have cingular as well). I charged up the gage and then swapped the sim card, imported the numbers and no problems.

Also:

I have 1 N-gage QD for sale/trade, my it is too techno for my wife and she decided she does not want it. It's the 49.99 cingular pre paid version just bought this week, it's mint and was only taken outta the box for testing. All docs/paperwork and the dummy sim, pre paid card are mint . As for offers I am open to them, if they are monetary I am looking for exactly what I paid for it, plus whatever in actual shipping. I dont wanna get any "well i can find it at EB for 19.99 Offers" either, cause of that were the real case no one would be scrambling for the other versions. So I am looking to cover actual cost on this. If yer local we can even meet for it. Anyways drop any offers to me via PM.

[quote name='Altered Beast Returns']I got to this thread late, I'm not sure if this question was asked all ready...

Can I just drop that into a N-Gage, and use it for phone calls? Can I buy the one for $20 that doesn't come as a "cingluar" phone?[/QUOTE]

Absolutely, I did just that yesterday.

[quote name='heyfergy']Don't really get down there ever, it's 5 hours south-west unfortunately. BUT if you want to go pick up the qd for me and send it off I will paypal you some $$$ :)[/QUOTE]

If I ever went to the Plaza I would, but I never get up there. If I run across another one I'll snag it unless you say otherwise.

After calling pretty much every EB and half the GameStop's in a 25 mile radius around me (north Orlando, FL), I found that the GS in the mall closest to me had a QD for $50. Between that store and two other visits, I wound up with 15 games, including a freebie store demo of The Sims Bustin' Out from store where I got my system and first 9 games (10 including the freebie). $98.20 spent.

I picked up:
Ashen
Asphalt Urban GT
Bomberman
Call of Duty
Colin McRae Rally 2005
Glimmerati
Pathway to Glory
Pocket Kingdom
Puzzle Bobble VS (I was very surprised it wasn't called Bust-A-Move)
Rayman 3
The Roots
The Sims Bustin' Out (store demo)
Virtua Tennis
Worms World Party
X-Men Legends

Now to find a dummy SIM... My packaging wasn't totally glued shut, so I don't know if anything had fallen out/was stolen. Just for the record, the prepaid Cingular QD does not come with a dummy SIM, right?

Also, seems my t-zones isn't playing nice, even after changing the settings as indicated on the N-Gage support site. People have been saying I can get on Arena through Bluetooth. I've synced my contacts and calender on my iMac, but is there a way to play online or just do file-transfer as well? (I don't have Bluetooth on my PC systems.)

For the record, about half of the stores I called still have games. Unfortunately, for those who may be interested, I didn't really keep track of which, since I was only really on the lookout for the system before I bothered to look for games.

Also unfortunately, because I pretty much drained my bank account on this outing, I couldn't afford that nice red Lotus Exige I passed on the drive home. It was at one of those shady type of used car dealers, and I always wonder why if the person could afford to buy expensive cars why would they chose to sell it at one of these kind of places.

well, couldnt get a QD like i wanted but i did manage to find 2 original n-gages that were still in the display which the ebgames i frequent was about to throw away....so they let me have the whole thing...unfortunatly the dispaly was missing the round plastic lens but i just took the two n-gages out of it...

Surprisingly the screens were scratchfree...like nobody even bothered with them when they were on display....now i jsut need the cable to charge it up...they both came with Red Faction Not for Sale games and Dummy sims...

Now i need games that my other eb did not have...i will be putting a want list up soon as i figure out what i have already

I just realized this little clear plastic game holder (which while a great bonus, seems completely unnecessary and costly to Nokia) holds not two but four game cards! This is exactly the kind of thing I want for my DS games. (Right now I use a CaseLogic Compact Flash 6-card zippered holder)

[quote name='dafunkk12']I just realized this little clear plastic game holder (which while a great bonus, seems completely unnecessary and costly to Nokia) holds not two but four game cards! This is exactly the kind of thing I want for my DS games. (Right now I use a CaseLogic Compact Flash 6-card zippered holder)[/quote]

I hadn't opened any of my N-gage stuff until I read this post. What a great bonus! I was wondering earlier today, how I'd carry more than one game around...Man, those game holders are golden!

Also, I have a sealed Xanadu Next if anyone has a Tony Hawk or ONE to trade for it....

[quote name='dafunkk12']

Now to find a dummy SIM... My packaging wasn't totally glued shut, so I don't know if anything had fallen out/was stolen. Just for the record, the prepaid Cingular QD does not come with a dummy SIM, right? [/quote]
In my packaging there was a bag with a "Go Phone" prepaid pamphlet and SIM card. Im pretty sure you can just stick that in there and not sign up and it will work as a simple game console

On that note, I actually found one for $50. I'm keeping some of the games I've picked up, but I'll see if any one wants the rest.

I Have:
X-men Legends
King of Fighters
Tomb Raider
Pocket Kingdom* (on hold)
Bubble Bobble VS.
Elder Scrolls Travels
Pathway to Glory
Puyo Pop

$3.50 per game.
$2.00 Shipping per game
$2.50 Gas and dealing with Gamestop
-------
$8.00 each

I have a quick unlock question for anyone that can help.

I downloaded the Unlock calculator. I have a T-mobile sim card. Do I need to have the T-mobile card in when I enter the code?

Thanks in advance for any help.....

So I called my EB today, and they don't have any.

I'm gonna check Gamestop tomorrow if they have it, even if it's $50. I'm desperate for a new phone.

[quote name='dafunkk12']I just realized this little clear plastic game holder (which while a great bonus, seems completely unnecessary and costly to Nokia) holds not two but four game cards! This is exactly the kind of thing I want for my DS games. (Right now I use a CaseLogic Compact Flash 6-card zippered holder)[/QUOTE]

Since each one holds four games, you end up with unused cases. If you take a razor blade and cut off the plastic nubs that hold the games in place, two DS carts will fit perfectly inside.

[quote name='adamsappel']Since each one holds four games, you end up with unused cases. If you take a razor blade and cut off the plastic nubs that hold the games in place, two DS carts will fit perfectly inside.[/QUOTE]

Good to know:) Is this knowledge from experience? Also is there any pics on the web were I can see this?

I went to several eb and gamestop,none of them have ngage system.A few stores have games only.Picked up pocket kingdom,puzzle booble vs and puyo pop.One of the gamestop reshrink the final copy of puzzle bobble vs.It still have some sticker residue underneath the shrink wrap and the ngage sticker on side is cut in half.I still have to check the other 30 gamestop/ebgames stores I missed for the ngage system.

It wasn't a total loss today.I did picked up a complete mint valkyrie profile,used neo geo pocket color system for $3.50,some tv games,speedster 3 driving wheel and new dreamcast controllers.Now all I need is some neo geo pocket games.I doubt I will stumble apon the games in the eb or gamestop.

[quote name='RiCeBo1']I'm kind of embarassed to call and ask for an N-Gage :lol:[/QUOTE]

It is embarassing to call for it.The employee was laughing is ass off just hearing about it

I HATE calling people...and I called about 10 stores. Most places just said "We dont have anything" very nicely. A few said "Whats an N-gage? Hold on a minute... (HEY! We got any n-gages?no?) Nope, sorry"

My favorite, in-store, was "Which NBA game do you want" which pretty much stopped my brain.

Just remember, as a $300 system/phone with $30 games, its a laughing stock. As a $50 system/phone with $3 games, its pretty damn cool

I just got some crazy haul. I don't know how many games were released for the N-Gage (I gotta look it up), but the only one I know of off the top of my head, that I didn't find, was Ashen. This is what I just picked up (along with the $50 Cingular QD)

Asphalt
Bomberman
Call of Duty
Crash Nitro Kart
The Elder Scrolls Travels: Shadowkey
Fifa Soccer 2005
Ghost Recon Jungle STorm
King of the Fighters Extereme
Marcel Desailly Pro Soccer
MotoGP
NCAA Football 2004
Operation Shadow
Pandemonium!
Pathway to Glory
Pocket Kingdom
Puyo Pop
Puzzle Bobble VS
Rayman 3
Red Faction
Requiem of Hell
The Roots: Gates of Chaos
Sonic N
Sims Bustin' Out
Spider-Man 2
Splinter Cell Team Stealth Action
SSX Out of Bounds
Super Monkey Ball
Tiger Woods PGA Tour 2004
Tomb Raider
Virtua Tennis
Worms World Party
WW Aftershock
X-Men Legends
Xanadu

For the money I spent, I could have gotten a DS and a game...

Ended up finding another ebgames that had a system in stock, I also grabbed 32 ngage games. The only ones I am still looking for are Sonic and Puzzle Bobble. Lmk if anyone is looking for any games and I will see what I can do.

Has anyone had any luck unlocking their phone for T-mobile use using the calculator?

I was just unsuccessful on my 3rd try and I only have 2 more left. If anyone can help me out with this, it would be greatly appreciated!

Edit: Forget it! I got it unlocked....I'm a dummy! I kept putting T-mobile in for the carrier in the calculator, and the phone is actually locked to Cingular. I thought you had to input the carrier of the sim card...:roll:

Well, I just came back from the T-Mobile store and talked on the phone with both regular and data customer service. For one, seems they dropped support for gaming over the network. And after sending my phone the configuration settings for internet and mms, it still can't get on T-Zones, so they think support has been dropped for that on this phone as well.

So does anyone have functional T-Zones on their N-Gage?

[quote name='dafunkk12']Well, I just came back from the T-Mobile store and talked on the phone with both regular and data customer service. For one, seems they dropped support for gaming over the network. And after sending my phone the configuration settings for internet and mms, it still can't get on T-Zones, so they think support has been dropped for that on this phone as well.

So does anyone have functional T-Zones on their N-Gage?[/quote]

Yes, I just set mine up a little while ago using the directions from from the N-gage website

One thing I did that they didn't list on their directions that may have made the difference is:

1) I went into Tools then settings
2) Clicked on Connection and then GPRS
3) I then change the listed access point from the default wap.cingualr to wap.voicestream.com

works perfect now!

Well, I finally got the my system unlocked, and just want to give thanks to those who helped for the info(dafunkk12, beanablasta, and of course onikage to giving us all the info). Its a great system, just a couple questions: The volume is damn low, and I can't figure it out? I'm use to having a clamshell, and I have never had one like this, but how can you lock it so that you don't make calls accidently? Thanks again everyone.

The power button on the side alows you to lock the keys as well as change it to "silent". "outside" Etc.

As for volume, you need to go into the settings and fix it to your liking

on the demo N-gages is there a way to get into the other features of the phone...like the radio?...it has a dummy sim inside but it seems i only have access to the Bluetooth and games...

Dunno if this was mentioned, but I found some guides online for making Divx movies that can play back on a Nokia QD. Haven't tried it yet, but search around, you can do some cool stuff with this thing.

If you have QuickTime Pro you can use it to export video to the 3GPP format that the N-Gage uses. I did it last night to an episode of Diggnation and it worked great, file was about 22 MB for around a half hour worth of video.

[quote name='K3V']If you have QuickTime Pro you can use it to export video to the 3GPP format that the N-Gage uses. I did it last night to an episode of Diggnation and it worked great, file was about 22 MB for around a half hour worth of video.[/quote]

How do you get files from your computer to your N-gage? I don't see a usb connection. Do I need an MMC card and a reader to do it? Would my wireless router work?....I'm really looking forward to unlocking some of the possibilities in this thing!

[quote name='maccabee72']How do you get files from your computer to your N-gage? I don't see a usb connection. Do I need an MMC card and a reader to do it? Would my wireless router work?....I'm really looking forward to unlocking some of the possibilities in this thing![/QUOTE]
you need either a mmc and reader, or bluetooth adapter. i use both!

After calling 30 stores in O.C. I found a GS with a QD for $49. Got about 30 games from 4 different stores. I also picket up extras of Xanadu since I read people asking for them. I would like Sonic and Puzzle Bobble to trade.

I went to about 50-60% of NYC gamestop/ebgames in person.None of them have the ngage system,some store have games only.I don't feel going to the other stores.I'm getting a big vibe that I will get disppoint.You can check the stores I missed.

NYC stores

Have N-gage games
Gamestop-Atlantic Terminal(Brooklyn)
Gamestop-8th Broadway(Manhatten)
Gamestop-33rd Broadway(Manhatten)
Gamestop-86th Lexington(Manhatten)
Gamestop-Steinway Street(Queens)
Gamestop-Tower Square S/C(Queens)

No N-gage games
Gamestop-53rd and 5th Ave(Brooklyn)
Eb-53rd and 5th Ave(Brooklyn)
Gamestop-18 Ave CBD(Brooklyn)
Eb-663 Broadway(Manhatten)
Eb-14th Union Square(Manhatten)
EB-33rd Manhatten Mall(Manhatten)
Eb-83rd and 3rd Ave(Manhatten)
Eb-Steinway St(Queens)
Eb-83 Jackson Heights(Queens)
Eb-Queens Center(Queens)
EB-Queens Adj(Queens)
Gamestop-Queens Center F(Queens)
Eb-Forest Hills((Queens)
Gamestop-Forest Hills(Queens)

Sigh,another day without a n-gage system.Whats the point of having games without the system?.I still manage to pick up some great stuff.I got Brand New Arc The Lad Collection for $40,too bad the top seal was broken to prevent theft.Also,picked up ryu and ken street fighter controller for ps2 for $5 a piece,Atari Flash Back for $5,some great penny rpg guides,few n-gage games and tons of dreamcast ymu for 50 cents a piece.The gamestop in 8th Broadway still have tons of dreamcast ymu.

FYI, any New Yorker's looking for ps2 street fighter controller for $5 and tv plug n' play go to the EB in Jackson Heights.The store only have one Ryu and Ken controllers left.They got insane TV games.A wireless and non-wireless pac man,wheel of fortune,poker,frogger,paddle game and stars wars.The kbtoys down the street have final fantasy with harddrive for $50.If you want the other tv plug n play like Menacer,Atari Classic,DragonBall and Outrun go to the gamestop in Tower Square Queens.I still can't belive the eb in Jackson Height have 13 new threads of fate and new non gh capcom vs snk for $20.Too bad,all the games were missing shrink and the cases is empty to prevent theft.

[quote name='cyberlian']anyone know of any mmc cards on sale online? what size should I get?[/QUOTE]
i found a 512 on ebay for about $17 shipped. just make sure you DO NOT get sd flash....

once you hit a gig, i heard you may have some reliability issues, so i stuck to 512, but so far, installing a bunch of apps (mixed between internal memory and mmc) and i've only hit about 25MB used on the mmc (one demo, snakes)

I went to my local mall (Niles, OH), there was no love at Gamestop, EB, or Babbages. Apparently, all of them had "a ton of stuff" but "shipped it out to a dealer in East Liverpool days ago".

Damn it.

[quote name='maccabee72']Yes, I just set mine up a little while ago using the directions from from the N-gage website

One thing I did that they didn't list on their directions that may have made the difference is:

1) I went into Tools then settings
2) Clicked on Connection and then GPRS
3) I then change the listed access point from the default wap.cingualr to wap.voicestream.com

works perfect now![/QUOTE]
I've had mine set like that, but isn't working. Thanks for the tip, though.

bread's done
Back