Naughty Dog's The Last of Us - Left Behind Single Player DLC Out Now!

And the reason for that would be why?
You need 5gb free to download the DLC and another 5gb free to install it on your 12gb PS3. That does not take into account on how many number of gb that is reserved for the PS3 operating system alone. I am pretty sure that number is bigger than 2gb. So the problem is that the 12gb PS3 does not have enough HDD space to download and install the DLC.

Last edited by a moderator:
You need 5gb free to download the DLC and another 5gb free to install it on your 12gb PS3. That does not take into account on how many number of gb that is reserved for the PS3 operating system alone. I am pretty sure that number is bigger than 2gb.
You're telling me I'm going to be unable to use the DLC that I've already bought because the 5.2GB file needs room that it isn't going to take up...

I can have more space used in game installs but I can't download a 5GB file...

Absolutely no warning for that when I purchased the pre-order, tomorrow I will be contacting them about a refund

You're telling me I'm going to be unable to use the DLC that I've already bought because the 5.2GB file needs room that it isn't going to take up...

Absolutely no warning for that when I purchased the pre-order, tomorrow I will be contacting them about a refund
I don't know if this works but can you download the DLC on a portable HDD and than install it on your PS3?

The 12gb model wasn't meant for DLC, sucks you had to find out like this.

Also I don't think you can use an external hard drive/flash drive to store games for the PS3.

Good luck. A while back, someone hacked into my PSN account and downloaded a Vita game I didn't authorize. I contacted Sony immediately and told them of the issue. The guy was helpful and informed me that 2 systems had been activated that very day that weren't mine. He promptly removed them from my account and sent a refund request to billing. A couple days later, I got an email pretty much saying "ALL SALES FINAL, no matter who made them - bogus or legit. We have your money already so fuck off."

Where can I find this?

http://www.gamestop.com/ps3/accessories/playstation-3-internal-hard-drive-40gb-gamestop-refurbished/105827

That's all I need, 40GB would be more than I would need to use and I would want to spend the least amount of $ possible
PS3 just uses laptop hard drives. Just look up the details and you should be able to find a decent size one dirt cheap.

It sucks how they do installs, but a 12gb HD just isn't enough if you want to play any DLC or download any games. With all the great stuff on PS+ it's worth it IMO to get a bigger drive just so you can take advantage of that.

All I wanted is this DLC. I've played everything else just fine.

I don't want to invest in more memory when I won't use it.

I've played everything up to this point with no problems and I guess I even got lucky with how The Walking Dead was handled because I even played the whole first Season too.

They will be giving me a refund because this is unacceptable

Hey this is weird. Last night I pre-ordered the Left Behind DLC through best buy and they sent me my code around 1am eastern standard time.

I've been trying to add it since then through both my ps3 and the playstation store website and I keep getting this:

The Prepaid Card code you entered is incorrect or is no longer valid

Now I'm copy/pasting it from Bestbuy's email exactly as shown so there can be no errors.

Okay for some reason I could get the "The Last of Us - Ellie Dynamic Theme" supplied by Best Buy to work but the Left Behind DLC code still doesn't work for me. Is not fully activated on the store?

Could this possibly be something to due with high traffic?

Please help, really want to play Left Behind on a lonely valentines day.
Now I posted this on the PSN forums and I'm a little impatient today so I was wondering if anyone has experienced this via Best Buy? I'm about to call them. I should just call them.

Chatted with support, guy was nice, said the thing about all sales being final but said he submitted the refund and to allow 3-5 business days for it to appear

If they end up sending me an email saying "too bad" going right back to support

This has just left a horrible taste in my mouth. I really wanted to play this, been looking forward to it forever and can't help but feeling that it's just one tiny design choice that is stopping me.

DLC on 360 is 5.2 GB and you only have 6GB free, you can download the DLC and use it....

Well damn, the kiss kinda took me by surprise lol I guess I should've seen it coming, Ellie and Riley seemed like more then friends to me leading up to it. Plus It was released on Valentines Day so maybe that was a hint of some sorts haha. Hopefully ND doesn't get shit for it cause I thought it was done well. Overall I really enjoyed it, even though it was short. The only issue I have is with the ending. I wanted to see what happened when Riley turned and Ellie didn't. Did she kill her? Did she just leave her and run away? Who knows. I still love you though Naughty Dog!

Played a couple hours of this yesterday. Loving it so far, got stuck at a big fight sequence and quit for dinner etc. Hope to get time to play more today.

Possibly mild spoiler warning?

I'll be surprised if anyone doesn't have this spoiled for them since it's a controversial subject.  IDC personally since I wasn't going to play it anyway, but this is exactly why I wouldn't want to see a sequel.  When a story is complete, it's done.  No need to inject political correctness just because it's a hot topic today.

Just finished it.

Worth the price and I rarely feel like I get my money's worth when it comes to DLC.

I felt like the ending could have had a little more, it felt short by 5 minutes.  But that's a nitpick.  I totally get it.

I got rid of the main game after finishing it because I felt like the story was complete and wasn't interested in the prequel.  After reading the comments on it, I regret it a little but not a lot because $15 for DLC is a lot.  I read the spoiler part above and it sounds interesting and would have definitely played it after it went on sale.  Hell, maybe I still will.  I may pick the base game up again in the future when it's clearanced out.  That shouldn't be too far out since the PS4 is out right?  Maybe I can pick it up for 10 bucks sometime this year.

About that spoiler.

Some people still get upset about this stuff but I think most of them are older and/or super religious.  The sad fact is that we've got a huge number of people complaining about the way that Russia treats gay people in their country and yet in our country it's a huge fucking deal that some football player says he's gay before the draft.  I'll be happy when the country moves behind this shit.  50 years from now people will look back and it will be like us looking back to the pre-civil rights era where it was illegal for a white person and a black person to get married.  It's absurd and it harms no one.

edit:

Speaking of crazy people, when the Studio Ghibili movie "Ponyo" came out, I googled reviews of it and found one that was completely off the wall.  These are the same people that would have a problem with the game.  Look at the link, scroll down to the "negative" part.  It's comedy gold.

http://christiananswers.net/spotlight/movies/2009/ponyo2009.html

Just finished the DLC.

So supposedly Ellie likeness was based of Ellen Page. Kind of ironic that Ellen Page came out yesterday too. Proof that Naughty Dog have a very talented team. 

Left Behind DLC

Once I really think about it, I am not really sure if Ellie is really gay at all. That kiss could just be an innocent kiss between two girl friends but who knows.

Left Behind DLC

Once I really think about it, I am not really sure if Ellie is really gay at all. That kiss could just be an innocent kiss between two girl friends but who knows.
When I played it I got the feeling their relationship was more then just friends. The merry go round and photobooth scene is where I think it shows the most. That was my take on it, and I agree that Ellen Page coming out as gay the following day after this released is so crazy. There is some very strange connection between the two haha.

I played through Left Behind Friday evening and yesterday morning.

As a whole I loved it, though it is kind of short for $15.  I beat it in 3hrs 6 minutes, missing only one collectible, so I took my time exploring.  I loaded up the chapter it was in and it was an obvious one right at the start, no idea how I missed it the firs time!  I then spent 30 minutes or so getting the couple hidden trophies I'd missed in
the arcade
and getting two conversations I missed (played along with a video) in the
mall and Halloween store
.  So I was a little over 3.5 hours to get all the trophies I'll bother with as I don't play games on higher difficulty settings.

In terms of general impressions of the story etc.
I loved the bits with Riley and their relationship.  The interaction between characters is by far the strongest part of the main game and this DLC.  I loved the Halloween store, the arcade, the water gun fight, brick tossing, photo both etc.  Just lots of great moments.

I also liked that they worked in the main game timeline too, I wasn't expecting that as I thought it was all prequel.  That was a good way to work in some combat encounters.  I especially liked them finally having humans and infected in the same areas.  It was super fun to toss bottles and lure clickers into human enemies.

The final encounter was kind of lame.  Especially the 2nd wave coming in after you clear the first.  But I guess those kind of wave-based encounters are Naughty Dog's bread and butter.  I do think they're the weakest part of this game and the Uncharted games though.  It was also kind of random for me as I died a bunch of times when I got bum rushed by 3 guys and the save kept loading right there.  Then finally one time it didn't, and a couple guys wandered in the same room further apart, and then when a couple rushed in a clicker was with them (there weren't any infected prior) that made it easy to clear the rest of them out by hiding an then taking out the clicker.  Just seemed like some glitchy enemy spawning or something.

Anyway, I loved it, but would say it's only for diehard fans at $15.  At 3-3.5 hours (longer if you play on higher difficulties I guess) probably not worth it for people who weren't super fans of the main game.  Though I suppose that's true of all DLC for the most part.

I got about 1/3 of the way through it and was not into it at all. I was debating on not playing it anymore but decided to give it another shot. And man I'm glad I did. I got hooked into it, played another 1-2 hours and finished the DLC.
I do agree that I would have liked to see the ending play out more. Why couldn't they show Riley turning/Ellie not? That would have completely blew this off the charts for me but still great DLC for the best game on the PS3.

Dammit... hearing all of you enjoy this is gonna make it much harder to hold off. But I just don't have time to play this... fucking hate busy season. 

Ultimate DLC was if you were able to be an infected "boss" bloater or clicker. screen completely dark but you see flashes of where a person might be

http://www.ign.com/articles/2014/03/14/the-last-of-us-passes-6-million-sales

wow would think the game sold more. I really think what hurt the sales was the timing of the release near the end of last gen. Did not help the hype of ps4 was so strong people were saving money/selling ps3's for ps4.
That is actually a lot more than Uncharted 2 and 3 which got about 3.8 million worldwide. The Last of Us sales is not hurting in sales at all. It was a success. Even beat out Call of Duty Modern Warfare 2 on the PS3 and the Gears of War series on the 360 worldwide.

PS4

The Last of Us - 6 million

Gran Turismo 5 Prologue - 5.35 million

God of War III - 5.19 million

Uncharted 3 - 3.8 million

Uncharted 2 - 3.8 million

Call of Duty Black Ops - 3.2 million

Metal Gear Solid 4 - 3 million

Gears of War - 5 million

Gears of War 2 - 5 million

Halo Reach - 4.79 million

GTA IV - 4.3 million

Fable II - 3.5 million

Call of Duty Modern Warfare - 3.35 million

Gears of War 3 - 3 million

Yeah not bad for a new IP.

LOL, 6 million in under a year is amazing for a new ip. C'mon, man.
i never said it was bad i said i expected it to be higher. you are right this day and age 6 million is great number of copys sold right before launch of next gen.

In my opinion with the giant install base of ps3 selling 6 million for a game made by possible biggest game dev for ps systems naughty dog is troubling in my mind. It scares me as a gamer that a new ip can't get to the top of sales chart and games like cod only sell 7 million copies.

i never said it was bad i said i expected it to be higher. you are right this day and age 6 million is great number of copys sold right before launch of next gen.

In my opinion with the giant install base of ps3 selling 6 million for a game made by possible biggest game dev for ps systems naughty dog is troubling in my mind. It scares me as a gamer that a new ip can't get to the top of sales chart and games like cod only sell 7 million copies.
What is troubling is that Gears of War 3 sold only 3 million worldwide which is a known and established IP.

The Last of Us is a success beating out a lot of new and even established IP worldwide. I also like how you try to spin it so it look like it is a failure when it is not.

So at first you say 6 million is great and then you say its troubling. Whatever man, I'm done. I do hope they port it to the PS4 in the future, I would double dip on it for sure.

What is troubling is that Gears of War 3 sold only 3 million worldwide which is a known and established IP.

The Last of Us is a success beating out a lot of new and even established IP worldwide. I also like how you try to spin it so it look like it is a failure when it is not.
the question is does n.d think it's success they are still saying it's 50/50 shot another last of us is made. ps3 has a what close to 80 million system install base and 6 million sold (does not include 2nd hand sales) i was thinking it would be alot more with it being naughty dog. It's great that it did not fully flop like your example gears of war 3. On the other side it's yet another red flag that game industry is in trouble and 2-3 years from now if things don't change we all might be looking for a new hobby.

the question is does n.d think it's success they are still saying it's 50/50 shot another last of us is made. ps3 has a what close to 80 million system install base and 6 million sold (does not include 2nd hand sales) i was thinking it would be alot more with it being naughty dog. It's great that it did not fully flop like your example gears of war 3. On the other side it's yet another red flag that game industry is in trouble and 2-3 years from now if things don't change we all might be looking for a new hobby.
Stop it, Naughty Dog has already declared it as a success. It has already sold more than it's flagship franchise. It's only a 50/50 chance because they want to make sure the story is right and they don't want to mess the story up. So stop trying to make it seem like it is a failure to Naughty Dog when it has already topples the sales of the Uncharted series. It is not even close to a flop. So stop trying to spin it that way now.

You know what is flop? Including the Kinect on the Xbox One. You know with the Xbox Brand I would expect the Xbox One to sell a lot more.

You see what I did there? The exact thing you are doing.

It'll depend what else is out at the time. If I have nothing else on my plate, I wouldn't mind jumping back in....but I have a hard time going through story-heavy games more than once. The magic is never there the second time around.

I loved it, but haven't had an urge to replay it.  Maybe a year or two down the road if I'm in the middle of a PS4 game drought or something.

If they actually go back and re-do the graphics (1080p, 60 fps, no more clipping/pop-ins), I will definitely bite again. I don't have a PS4 but this is something I'd buy a PS4 for. 

I've got a ton of Last of Us PS3-CEs though... I wonder if I should sell them to fund a PS4? :whistle2:k

Now.. if only we could get some type of hint about Last Guardian on PS4. 

bread's done
Back