NBA 2K10 360/PS3 52.99, PC 19.99 + $10 Credit at amazon

ccohen322

CAGiversary!
Feedback
10 (100%)
360/PS3/PC Here
Get a $10 Video Games Credit
Order NBA 2K10 and get $10 off a future video game purchase. The promotional code will be placed directly into your Amazon.com account within 2 business days after the product ships. Offer valid when shipped and sold by Amazon.com. This offer will be extended to all existing pre-orders. Limit 1 per household. Amazon reserves the right to change or terminate this promotion at any time. Offer does not apply to the Anniversary Edition.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='riddler']anyone get their game credit yet? I know we should be getting it 2 days after shipment, but i was just wondering since i wanted to use it for a goldbox (which only last a day)...
=([/QUOTE]

My 10 dollar credit from 2k10 is now showing up when I add a game to my cart. Sweet!

Okay, I ordered two copies of this game from amazon on two different accounts, but on the same day. Anyone know why one has shipped but the other hasn't? Estimated ship date 10/13 ._.a

And for the game credit how does that work? Is it a coupon code, or is it per the account?

Thank you for your time.

[quote name='Meehkaw']Okay, I ordered two copies of this game from amazon on two different accounts, but on the same day. Anyone know why one has shipped but the other hasn't? Estimated ship date 10/13 ._.a

And for the game credit how does that work? Is it a coupon code, or is it per the account?

Thank you for your time.[/QUOTE]

Is the one shipping 10/13 shipped by free super saver shipping? If you use the free shipping option amazon always delays the shipment about a week. Really sucks.

[quote name='MIX_MASTER_ICE']Is the one shipping 10/13 shipped by free super saver shipping? If you use the free shipping option amazon always delays the shipment about a week. Really sucks.[/QUOTE]

I emailed them to ask about this. Why are they like that? That makes no sense.

[quote name='Cornbreadxd']got the mail 3 hours ago and all 3 copies of 2k10 came today[/QUOTE]

WHAT ! How is that possible? didn't they just ship today?

also

[quote name='MIX_MASTER_ICE']My 10 dollar credit from 2k10 is now showing up when I add a game to my cart. Sweet![/QUOTE]

when did it say your copy shipped?

[quote name='Japakneez']nice. The PC priced dropped down to $17.99 and the release moved up to Oct 12th[/QUOTE]

Sweet. How long does it take them to apply the discount to existing preorders? I just checked mine and it still says the base price is $19.99 (before my ECA and gift card discounts). I know it's not much but I'd like the $2 of gift credit back so I can put it towards another game.

[quote name='sirplue']is the $10 credit no longer avail? :([/QUOTE]

i think it was only for preorders, but i could be wrong

[quote name='MIX_MASTER_ICE']Is the one shipping 10/13 shipped by free super saver shipping? If you use the free shipping option amazon always delays the shipment about a week. Really sucks.[/QUOTE]

I picked Super Saver shipping and they shipped it on the 5th... it says it'll get here on the 8th, but it might even get here tomorrow because I guess they have a shipping center in Phx, AZ, where I'm from.

[quote name='V878']Sweet. How long does it take them to apply the discount to existing preorders? I just checked mine and it still says the base price is $19.99 (before my ECA and gift card discounts). I know it's not much but I'd like the $2 of gift credit back so I can put it towards another game.[/QUOTE]

usually within a couple days after shipping. Just like the $10 credit we should be getting.

Both were super saver shipping :X but one got sent out early. The other one which was a gift to a friend, still has est. ship date as 10/13. Previously both had est. Oct. 13th :X.

And yea, I really find it retarded that they have to wait ~a week before sending it out. Wth is the point of pre-ordering something, when they have to wait and see when they'll get some so they can ship it out....?

[quote name='Meehkaw']Both were super saver shipping :X but one got sent out early. The other one which was a gift to a friend, still has est. ship date as 10/13. Previously both had est. Oct. 13th :X.

And yea, I really find it retarded that they have to wait ~a week before sending it out. Wth is the point of pre-ordering something, when they have to wait and see when they'll get some so they can ship it out....?[/QUOTE]
Mine isnt coming till the 13th as well, sucks. Did you get the 10 bucks for the one coming on the 13th yet?? guess we have to wait?

[quote name='Japakneez']usually within a couple days after shipping. Just like the $10 credit we should be getting.[/QUOTE]

I just emailed CS and in like 20 minutes they applied the discount to my order.

Amazon CS is awesome.

My game shipped yesterday and will arrive tomorrow. I already received my $10 credit and redid my preorder of Borderlands with it.

ordered the pc version because of the price. how does the activation work? if you have to reformat your hard drive or reinstall windows, can you "re-activate" the game?

[quote name='futurama']ordered the pc version because of the price. how does the activation work? if you have to reformat your hard drive or reinstall windows, can you "re-activate" the game?[/QUOTE]

There's been absolutely no news on what sort of activation they'll use in 2K10 (if any). Last year there was Steam activation required (where you could reinstall/redownload the game as many times as you like provided you can get the Steam client online and log into your account) but there's been nothing said whether they're using Steam again this year.

Mine says shipping Oct 13th and delivery estimate between Oct 20-26th and it won't let me cancel. WTF. If I preorder a game doesnt that mean I probably want it on or soon after release day? Waiting possibly 3 weeks after release to get it? I dont think, so I am going to try and cancel. Usually Amazon is pretty good about stuff, but not this time.

Here is a response from Amazon:

"The original estimate shipment date when you placed this order was October 13. But when I checked this order, I found that we're able to ship your package earlier than we thought, and we're preparing it for shipment now."

It was a rather lengthy email, basically saying that if you use Super Saver shipping you are probably gonna get screwed. The service rep told me that I should let them know if I do not get a shipping confirmation email by the end of the day.

If you use FSSS, Amazon's shipping estimate always errors strongly on the side of caution. I got Halo: ODST 3 days after release date despite it estimating it wouldn't be here for about two weeks. They are just playing it safe by giving a late estimate rather than giving an earlier estimate and possibly having pissed off people if there is any kind of delay.

[quote name='Moravagine']If you use FSSS, Amazon's shipping estimate always errors strongly on the side of caution. I got Halo: ODST 3 days after release date despite it estimating it wouldn't be here for about two weeks. They are just playing it safe by giving a late estimate rather than giving an earlier estimate and possibly having pissed off people if there is any kind of delay.[/QUOTE]

Seems like it would also piss people off saying it is going to take 3 weeks after the release date to get your game that you pre-ordered. To piss the least amount of people as possible they should give a better estimate on when it will arrive. It doesn't seem like I will get the game a couple days after release like you did with ODST since mine hasn't even shipped yet. Probably a week after release if they shipped it today.

[quote name='Lethal04']Seems like it would also piss people off saying it is going to take 3 weeks after the release date to get your game that you pre-ordered. To piss the least amount of people as possible they should give a better estimate on when it will arrive. It doesn't seem like I will get the game a couple days after release like you did with ODST since mine hasn't even shipped yet. Probably a week after release if they shipped it today.[/QUOTE]

Agreed. A couple of weeks extra is a bit ridiculous. I understand the estimated delivery date being a bit late, but the date the item is shipped should be release day.

I was planning on purchasing COD: MW 2 from them because of the $10 GC they offer, but if I can't get that game within a week i'll probably freak out. If I have to pay extra for shipping, that probably negates much of the benefit in purchasing from them.

from my experience with their free shipping, it usually takes 7-10 days for the item to arrive. amazon takes about 4 or 5 days to actually ship the item out and itll arrive 3-5 days later.

I should get my NBA2k10 today. Very happy about the free fast shipping.

Just got mine! I use the FSSS btw.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='joshthegreat69']Here is a response from Amazon:

"The original estimate shipment date when you placed this order was October 13. But when I checked this order, I found that we're able to ship your package earlier than we thought, and we're preparing it for shipment now."

[/QUOTE]

Mind my asking what and where you asked em about it to get the response? Not shipping the game out till a week after really does defeat the whole purpose of pre-ordering a game :x

And I didn't know the GC only lasts till the end of the year :/

I tell you what, anybody considering picking up 2k10 might want to hold off. I've been playing it and so far it sucks. The menu for playing online is gone. How do you play/host an unranked match? I've played 3 games online and been disconnected on all 3. I played 2k9 all the time online on the 360 and loved it. I'm playing 2k10 on PS3 and online it's so fricken' choppy and sluggish. The game itself is just so slow now and everything feels unpolished. Use your turbo just a little and your guy is tired in about 2-3 minutes of play...ridiculous. Controls feel really sloppy compared to 2k9 and the graphics seem to have taken a step backwards. So far I'm totally let down with 2k10 and I've had every 2k basketball game ever made. Hopefully a MAJOR patch is coming soon.

[quote name='acyw13']wii and pc version has not released yet, do i still get $10 gc if i pre order them ?[/QUOTE]

Not when I tried it. Does anyone know if the PC version will be released on Steam? It says that the game will "unlock" in 4 days but i'm not entirely sure what that means.

[quote name='Liveforlaughs76']Does anyone know if the PC version will be released on Steam? It says that the game will "unlock" in 4 days but i'm not entirely sure what that means.[/QUOTE]

Last year's game could not be purchased on Steam. But you had to play it through Steam. This year may be the same.

http://store.steampowered.com/app/40920/

[quote name='dab0yech0']it is 59.99 again for the PS3 version
360 version is still at 52.99 though[/QUOTE]

Glad I own both consoles.

[quote name='Nyxaz']Last year's game could not be purchased on Steam. But you had to play it through Steam. This year may be the same.

http://store.steampowered.com/app/40920/[/QUOTE]

No when it appears in the store that means they will sell it. Notice there's no store page for 2K9 since they never sold it;all there is a link for the demo.

"Unlocks in" is a countdown to how much time is left till the game is available for purchase on Steam. It's not always accurate but it should be up on Monday.

[quote name='MIX_MASTER_ICE']I tell you what, anybody considering picking up 2k10 might want to hold off. I've been playing it and so far it sucks. The menu for playing online is gone. How do you play/host an unranked match? I've played 3 games online and been disconnected on all 3. I played 2k9 all the time online on the 360 and loved it. I'm playing 2k10 on PS3 and online it's so fricken' choppy and sluggish. The game itself is just so slow now and everything feels unpolished. Use your turbo just a little and your guy is tired in about 2-3 minutes of play...ridiculous. Controls feel really sloppy compared to 2k9 and the graphics seem to have taken a step backwards. So far I'm totally let down with 2k10 and I've had every 2k basketball game ever made. Hopefully a MAJOR patch is coming soon.[/QUOTE]

360 version here. Not that great of a game. 2k Online section has major bugs, and yet it tries to connect to 2k-online every time it loads something new... (which won't go through) And I had the lovely experience of the game crashing on me every time i tried to play my 5th game in My Player mode....

Anyone know where I go to complain or see what's wrong with it? :/ Forums manufacturers or whatever :(

whenever i preorder i always get my games on release date with free super saver shipping guess its cause it ships out from one of there warehouses close by but its sweet i never have to worry about needing to go with faster shipping

[quote name='blackwaltz34']from my experience with their free shipping, it usually takes 7-10 days for the item to arrive. amazon takes about 4 or 5 days to actually ship the item out and itll arrive 3-5 days later.[/QUOTE]

Well with the FSSS I have ordered like 5 games and it always ships a day after release and takes exactly 7 days to be recieved by me after release date every time. So one day to get it ready and 6 days shipping. I'm in Atlanta if that makes any difference.

My copy of NBA 2k10 has yet to ship out. It's been a couple of days. I'm not sure why it is difficult for them to send the game out on release day. I complained about this, but they don't seem to care. If it ships out on the schedule October 13th date, I probably won't buy from them again because that is ridiculous.

I ordered one for myself in So Cal and one for my friend in bufu,TN. Mine got sent out on the release date, and got here the next day. His won't get out till the 13th.....

Game is crap as of now anyways so dunno if it's a big deal. Hopefully it's fixed by the time he gets it, so it's not such a shitty present >.>a

[quote name='joshthegreat69']My copy of NBA 2k10 has yet to ship out. It's been a couple of days. I'm not sure why it is difficult for them to send the game out on release day. I complained about this, but they don't seem to care. If it ships out on the schedule October 13th date, I probably won't buy from them again because that is ridiculous.[/QUOTE]

Did you choose FSSS or something faster?

Got an e-mail advertising all Amazon $10 credit deals this morning. NBA 2k10 for PC and Wii was still on there.

Already pre-ordered PC one myself, for basically $10, full featured, it's hard to beat.

I bought the game and it plays fine. I play in 2K camera mode. Im sure online is jacked up, but it always is at first with 2K. If you think the game is bad then sell it and buy 2K9 for $15 and download someones updated rosters.

[quote name='Nyxaz']Got an e-mail advertising all Amazon $10 credit deals this morning. NBA 2k10 for PC and Wii was still on there.

Already pre-ordered PC one myself, for basically $10, full featured, it's hard to beat.[/QUOTE]

Could you post a screencap of that? When I tried preordering the PC one they wouldn't give me the credit.

bread's done
Back