NBA 2K10 360/PS3 52.99, PC 19.99 + $10 Credit at amazon

ccohen322

CAGiversary!
Feedback
10 (100%)
360/PS3/PC Here
Get a $10 Video Games Credit
Order NBA 2K10 and get $10 off a future video game purchase. The promotional code will be placed directly into your Amazon.com account within 2 business days after the product ships. Offer valid when shipped and sold by Amazon.com. This offer will be extended to all existing pre-orders. Limit 1 per household. Amazon reserves the right to change or terminate this promotion at any time. Offer does not apply to the Anniversary Edition.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='guyver2077']
In terms of overall pick up and play, I still would say the console versions were more fun and had all the features.
[/QUOTE]

Plz describe how the console versions can be modded TYIA

[quote name='JCDenton']ROFL at console gamers. The PC version of 2k9 raped the console versions utterly and completely. Enjoy paying 5x as much for downgraded graphics.[/QUOTE]

ROFL at idiots like you who thinks anyone gives a shit. Buy it for whatever platform you want and stfu.

Stop trolling and get a life.

[quote name='JCDenton']ROFL at console gamers. The PC version of 2k9 raped the console versions utterly and completely. Enjoy paying 5x as much for downgraded graphics.[/QUOTE]

They'll all be cheap soon enough. Now if regular non-sports games had this much of a price difference on console vs. PC, it would be noteworthy. Instead we get titles like the new CoD that is the same price on console and PC. . .

Thanks OP

Just used my Halo $15 credit to get this for $32 shipped... this is the right price for a sports game..

Thanks!

Kevin

[quote name='turls']They'll all be cheap soon enough. Now if regular non-sports games had this much of a price difference on console vs. PC, it would be noteworthy. Instead we get titles like the new CoD that is the same price on console and PC. . .[/QUOTE]

that is so annoying! For the first time i have made the switch to a console FPS. Most of my closest friends are getting CODWM2 on the 360 so i'm going to join them. I would have stuck with PC if i could have pre-ordered it for around $45.

i also noticed amazon listing Starcraft 2 for $60 :bomb:

[quote name='Japakneez']i also noticed amazon listing Starcraft 2 for $60 :bomb:[/QUOTE]
Lol, Activision is going to run them into the ground with bad PR.

Wow.... I had no idea that someone who's been around here for 6 years could be a troll. You'd think someone would've banned him by now or something.

[quote name='DemonGamer24']Wow.... I had no idea that someone who's been around here for 6 years could be a troll. You'd think someone would've banned him by now or something.[/QUOTE]

An old pathetic troll is still a troll.

[quote name='Dark Lord Greg']will the pc version have achievements tied to my gamertag?[/QUOTE]
While they haven't said anything about it, I highly doubt it will have achievements.

:rofl:at the guy saying PC gaming is out of style. Guess Steam and all the D2D sites should close up shop since it ain't trendy to buy PC games anymore. Devs should stop making PC versions of all their games too while they're at it since it's as dead as the PS2.

[quote name='V878']While they haven't said anything about it, I highly doubt it will have achievements.

:rofl:at the guy saying PC gaming is out of style. Guess Steam and all the D2D sites should close up shop since it ain't trendy to buy PC games anymore. Devs should stop making PC versions of all their games too while they're at it since it's as dead as the PS2.[/QUOTE]

Never said PC gaming was "dead." All the PC geeks I know who used to sit in front of their PC monitors playing all night are now playing online on XBOx Live. It's really no comparison. I know very few younger kids who game on PC. It's just not as popular now that current console systems do online gaming so well. I guess there are still some "old-heads" still glued to their computers..lol.

Check out gogamer.com when they have sales on games. They practically give away the PC games because nobody buys them.

[quote name='MIX_MASTER_ICE']Never said PC gaming was "dead." All the PC geeks I know who used to sit in front of their PC monitors playing all night are now playing online on XBOx Live. It's really no comparison. I know very few younger kids who game on PC. It's just not as popular now that current console systems do online gaming so well. I guess there are still some "old-heads" still glued to their computers..lol.

Check out gogamer.com when they have sales on games. They practically give away the PC games because nobody buys them.[/QUOTE]

You're right it isn't as popular as before but I know plenty of people both on consoles and PC. Hell I never have an issue finding people to play with on Team Fortress 2 and Left 4 Dead on PC even on random servers so I guess there are still a lot of us "old-heads" around who enjoy services like Steam which give us the same functionality as LIVE but for free.

As for GoGamer,they tend to have deals on old PC games so it isn't crazy to believe they can get better deals on stuff that isn't selling so well anymore. Even newer games they've had on sale like PoP and Mirror's Edge can also be found pretty cheap on PS3/360 so I'm not sure what you're going with there. It's not like they're selling Left 4 Dead or Batman:AA for $5.

I don't want to digress this thread anymore so I'll stop it there. Buy the game for the system you enjoy the most/have the most friends to play with and let's leave it at that.

well im waiting for a preview on the pc version.. last year there was basically no info till game was released. I am hoping they atleast add roster updates etc...

[quote name='MIX_MASTER_ICE']Never said PC gaming was "dead." All the PC geeks I know who used to sit in front of their PC monitors playing all night are now playing online on XBOx Live. It's really no comparison. I know very few younger kids who game on PC. It's just not as popular now that current console systems do online gaming so well. I guess there are still some "old-heads" still glued to their computers..lol.

Check out gogamer.com when they have sales on games. They practically give away the PC games because nobody buys them.[/QUOTE]

World of Warcraft says hello:lol:

Also Sims 3 dropped by but nobody was home:roll:

Left 4 Dead also dropped by as well.

When Amazon ships games when do you usually get them? I'm talking about the new games, will you receive it when it's in stores or is that just when it just gets shipped?

[quote name='KMunley']When Amazon ships games when do you usually get them? I'm talking about the new games, will you receive it when it's in stores or is that just when it just gets shipped?[/QUOTE]

Depends. I preordered Batman:AA for PC. Shipped on September 13th and still hasn't arrived (tracking says I should have it tomorrow). Only other preorder I did was for Left 4 Dead which I got on the Friday of release week. Both times they shipped it out the Sunday before the release date. Difference this time is they used FedEx SmartPost which is notoriously slow and you shouldn't be surprised to see it take 2 weeks to arrive. If they ship via USPS you should have it in a week or less.

Thing is if you choose free shipping (or standard shipping for that matter) you have no idea what shipping method they'll use; whether it be the decent speed USPS or pathetically slow FedEx SmartPost. This is why I don't order from Amazon unless they have a sweet deal and/or I'm in no hurry to get the game.

[quote name='guyver2077']well im waiting for a preview on the pc version.. last year there was basically no info till game was released. I am hoping they atleast add roster updates etc...[/QUOTE]

Why? Just look at the web page linked here. It lists the features for each version. And they aren't just copy and pasting. The PS/2 and PSP versions don't mention ongoing updates. The PC version does. About the only obvious thing from the website you wouldn't expect on PC is trophies/achievements.

And . . . its $8. You're putting too much thought into it.

[quote name='MIX_MASTER_ICE']Check out gogamer.com when they have sales on games. They practically give away the PC games because nobody buys them.[/QUOTE]

Silly. They don't "practically give away" newer games. And they don't do that with older games any more than clearance 360 games at Target/NewEgg/Amazon.

And last I checked, there are still plenty of AAA PC exclusives, and the only place you are going to get many games in 3D is with a PC. I love consoles too, but for them to not have a 3D solution by now. . .

Yeah, MMORPG games are the last real strongholds for PC gamers. Those just haven't caught on as well on consoles as they have on PC. Used to be FPS games were the rage on PC, but now it looks like consoles have become more popular for shooters. Like I mentioned, all the PC guys I know are now playing their shooters on XBox 360. Consoles have just provided a better option for most people over PC gaming.

Anyone know if the whole pre-order online with free shipping, buy game on release date at brick and mortar store, then return online copy to store thing would work at Best Buy? Or do they have some way to detect that?

I thought about that since I'll probably go insane from having to wait an extra week, and I have a $22 gift card to Toys R Us that I was going to use on this game until I saw this deal (which I'm now saving for MW2).

Sounds like last years 2k9 on PC was just as good as the console versions. The only difference was the lack of online play and the inconsistent navigation of game menus. Was it missing roster updates as well?

The amazon page for 2k9 says it has online but that was obviously inaccurate. Are we sure 2k10 will have it? I don't have much time for online anyway but i would at least like to know its in there. Any real confirmation that this years 2k10 is just as complete as its console versions?

Subtotal of Items: $52.99
Shipping & Handling: $0.00
Promotion Applied: -$5.00
Pre-order Guarantee: -$0.00
Promotion Applied: -$5.30
Promotion Applied: -$0.00
Promotion Applied: -$10.00
------
Total for this Order:
$32.69

Used $15 from ODST + ECA so not a bad deal and I get $10 toward another game again.

So tempted, but just dont know if I should pull the trigger. The backlog is so massive already & I'd actually love to get rid of most games (after I play them) and then go back to gamefly. Might be able to wait on this. Maybe.

[quote name='MIX_MASTER_ICE']PC gaming is out of style, dude. That's why the PC version is so cheap, just like the PS2 version.[/QUOTE]

The PC version is so cheap, because sports games have never been big on the PC. Check out any AAA shooter release, though, and it's $40 or $50 on the PC. And the reason it's still cheaper is because the publisher doesn't have to pay a licensing fee like they do when they release a game on a console.

People still play on PC because it is flat out better. You're right, there really is no comparison. No comparison between PC shooters which often allow 64 or 128 players and console versions which generally have 16 on average. No comparison between PC games running at 1920x1200 with 4x AA at 60 FPS with enhanced graphics, and console games that often can't even run at real 720p and have to be upscaled (hi Halo 3!), often with no AA and struggling to run at 30 FPS. And no comparison between PC games with mods and free content a plenty, and console games where you bend over and take it up the ass buying $2 shirts for your "avatar." I've compared what a lot of recent games like batman and need for speed look like on the consoles compared to the PC, and quite frankly I feel sorry for anyone who's stuck gaming only on a 360 because they're too poor to buy a PC.

Except...money doesn't have anything to do with it at all! It's actually stupidity. PC gaming is actually much cheaper than console gaming in the long run for someone who buys a decent amount of games. PC games start out cheaper and are discounted quicker, plus you can buy games from other regions that are still in English. It's not uncommon to be able to get thai version games (in english) on ebay for $25-$30 on launch week. Or even a US version game for that if you wait another week or two. That savings more than adds up, and a PC gamer with a top end rig that destroys any console will end up spending less in the long run despite having the much better gaming experience.

What are even the advantages of a console? Some stupid achievements so you can feel like you're accomplishing something? Universal voice chat so you can hear more squeaky-voiced 12 year olds yell racial slurs? Enjoy paying Micro$oft $100 for a network adaptor...rofl.

One thing I ALWAYS brings up that ends every single Pc argument.

1) Playing online on a PC is NEVER an equal playing field. Users who have faster computers than you play at a faster fps, have greater draw distance, and are able too _ enable things that someone with a less powerful pc cannot.

Gaming on a console EVERY system is the same, so spec for spec there is ALWAYs an equal playing field.

THat alone is the sole reason why Pc gaming will never be more than the 10% of gamers that actually buy games.

peace

[quote name='tears2040']One thing I ALWAYS brings up that ends every single Pc argument.

1) Playing online on a PC is NEVER an equal playing field. Users who have faster computers than you play at a faster fps, have greater draw distance, and are able too _ enable things that someone with a less powerful pc cannot.

Gaming on a console EVERY system is the same, so spec for spec there is ALWAYs an equal playing field.

THat alone is the sole reason why Pc gaming will never be more than the 10% of gamers that actually buy games.

peace[/QUOTE]

:roll:

Yep, that totally ends the argument. . . except for at least a dozen other things, including differences in lag for different users, cheats, and the whole single player thing. . .

[quote name='JCDenton']People still play on PC because it is flat out better. You're right, there really is no comparison. No comparison between PC shooters which often allow 64 or 128 players and console versions which generally have 16 on average. No comparison between PC games running at 1920x1200 with 4x AA at 60 FPS with enhanced graphics, and console games that often can't even run at real 720p and have to be upscaled (hi Halo 3!), often with no AA and struggling to run at 30 FPS. And no comparison between PC games with mods and free content a plenty, and console games where you bend over and take it up the ass buying $2 shirts for your "avatar." I've compared what a lot of recent games like batman and need for speed look like on the consoles compared to the PC, and quite frankly I feel sorry for anyone who's stuck gaming only on a 360 because they're too poor to buy a PC.

Except...money doesn't have anything to do with it at all! It's actually stupidity. PC gaming is actually much cheaper than console gaming in the long run for someone who buys a decent amount of games. PC games start out cheaper and are discounted quicker, plus you can buy games from other regions that are still in English. It's not uncommon to be able to get thai version games (in english) on ebay for $25-$30 on launch week. Or even a US version game for that if you wait another week or two. That savings more than adds up, and a PC gamer with a top end rig that destroys any console will end up spending less in the long run despite having the much better gaming experience.

What are even the advantages of a console? Some stupid achievements so you can feel like you're accomplishing something? Universal voice chat so you can hear more squeaky-voiced 12 year olds yell racial slurs? Enjoy paying Micro$oft $100 for a network adaptor...rofl.[/QUOTE]
www.pcgamingsucks.com

so if we preordered this before they added the 10 dollar credit, we still get it too when it ships right?

thanks!

[quote name='tears2040']One thing I ALWAYS brings up that ends every single Pc argument.

peace[/QUOTE]

Um...that would honestly end almost no arguments about PC gaming.

[quote name='JCDenton']People still play on PC because it is flat out better. You're right, there really is no comparison. No comparison between PC shooters which often allow 64 or 128 players and console versions which generally have 16 on average. No comparison between PC games running at 1920x1200 with 4x AA at 60 FPS with enhanced graphics, and console games that often can't even run at real 720p and have to be upscaled (hi Halo 3!), often with no AA and struggling to run at 30 FPS. And no comparison between PC games with mods and free content a plenty, and console games where you bend over and take it up the ass buying $2 shirts for your "avatar." I've compared what a lot of recent games like batman and need for speed look like on the consoles compared to the PC, and quite frankly I feel sorry for anyone who's stuck gaming only on a 360 because they're too poor to buy a PC.

What are even the advantages of a console? Some stupid achievements so you can feel like you're accomplishing something? Universal voice chat so you can hear more squeaky-voiced 12 year olds yell racial slurs? Enjoy paying Micro$oft $100 for a network adaptor...rofl.[/QUOTE]

lol...nice rant. I never said one was better than the other anyways, so why you went off on that is odd. I'm just saying PC gaming isn't as popular now than it used to be. Most people own a PC, but not many of them have a PC that can really run the newer games. Everybody who has a 360 can run every game without any worries that their system isn't up to snuff. PC gaming is in the rear view mirror for most people.

[quote name='Malcolm3000g']2k10 on pc wil have online guys.[/QUOTE]

You have a source for that? Considering 2K9 didn't, that would be a drastic change.

[quote name='MSUHitman']You have a source for that? Considering 2K9 didn't, that would be a drastic change.[/QUOTE]

The official website, as posted earlier in the thread. Each individual platform has the features listed.

How's the modding community for the PC version?

Sorta tempted to buy it on the PC over the 360, but I made so many friends over XBL for this game. So getting a good game going or even a league isn't much of a problem.

anyone get their game credit yet? I know we should be getting it 2 days after shipment, but i was just wondering since i wanted to use it for a goldbox (which only last a day)...
=(

bread's done
Back