NBA 2K10 - Gen. Discussion & Info; DEMO out on XBL

Yeah eric is a banned word apparently

Had a big thread going on the 2k forums about it. I had to change my name to E Ortiz.

LAME!

[quote name='sublime90']thats pretty sick you can now import your own music into the game. we will we will rock you!!!![/QUOTE]

thats a feature from nba 2k5 xbox

[quote name='PINKO']thats a feature from nba 2k5 xbox[/QUOTE]

i know but has it been in the last few? maybe it has and i just never realized

They didn't have custom arena music last season.

I've updated the OP with the newest "Momentous" video for 2k10, also vids are better quality since 2k finally decided to use their youtube channel.

I can never get Gold on the Attack The Basket drill, it's necessary for my Athletic SF....maybe I should put points in Ball Handling.

[quote name='Finess']I can never get Gold on the Attack The Basket drill, it's necessary for my Athletic SF....maybe I should put points in Ball Handling.[/QUOTE]

There's a cheesy way to do this easily: use the pro hop spin move (RT + Y).

is there going to be league for this game??? i use to kick but online in 2k9 with cavs. i challenge anyone when this game come out and i spank you with cavs

[quote name='seen']^The search feature works wonders, heck I think I'm running the league ;)[/QUOTE]

ok smarty pants, i will take great pleasure in trying to kick your butt if i vs you:lol::lol:. can i join league with cavs?

[quote name='Dr.Zoidberg']Th draft combine is killing me. Going through it on
my second guy and I can't get him into the first round[/QUOTE]

Isn't it impossible to get your guy into the 1st Round? I believe pick #1 of Round 2 is as high as you can get.

If anyone sees any EBay auctions or knows of someone wanting to get rid of the collector's edition stuff for this game I'd love to know. All I want is the anniversary DVD, I could care less about any of the other stuff.

[quote name='cgarb84']Isn't it impossible to get your guy into the 1st Round? I believe pick #1 of Round 2 is as high as you can get.[/QUOTE]

I'll let you know once I finish my guy. 3 games left and projected with the 1st pick in the 2nd round currently.

[quote name='cgarb84']Isn't it impossible to get your guy into the 1st Round? I believe pick #1 of Round 2 is as high as you can get.[/QUOTE]

Looks like Rd 2 pick 1 is the highest. After posting here last nite I went over to the 2k sports forum to see what everyone else was getting and the RD1 P1 was the highest.....dummy me...lol

NBA 2k10 demo is now available on XBL. Its one 4 minute quarter between the Magic and Lakers.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='seen']^The search feature works wonders, heck I think I'm running the league ;)[/QUOTE]
Any room left? And what kind of league is it(sim only, fantasy draft or regular rosters, etc.)?

I used to always play in a league with about the same 7 people since 2k5, but we couldn't finish one last year, and I don't think we're gonna get off the ground this year. I would be happy if I get into another active one.

Played the demo today, not a great demo. Don't get me wrong, I think the game itself will be awesome but the demo is kind of crap. No commentary, no substitutions, no timeouts, no play calling ect. The Youtube videos people have put up of themselves playing the full game are better than this demo.

I wasn't that impressed with the demo either, but for other reasons. I know it's on Pro difficulty, but there were a lot of putback dunks and ally-oops in my games. Also, I felt that passing is terrible. And the CPU makes too many passes when he's in the air.

Those are just a few complaints. The rest I just have to adjust to, like the new isomotion controls and post up controls. Other than that, it feels better and looks nice. The game isn't as fast paced, which is good for my playstyle.

[quote name='wwe101']is there going to be league for this game??? i use to kick but online in 2k9 with cavs. i challenge anyone when this game come out and i spank you with cavs[/QUOTE]

I would crush you with the Bobcats.

Yeah, I didn't like passing in the demo. I'd end up throwing the ball everywhere but where I wanted. Full court pass after the in-bound? fuck, I didn't want to do that! Beyond that, I'm hype for the game. Gonna be good, I can tell.

I'm still trying to decide whether or not I want to get this or Live; I haven't bought a basketball game since Live 02 and have only played the Live 10 demo on PS3 since I sent my Xbox away last week. I know Live has it's naysayers, but I thought this years seemed solid enough, and I liked the Live 10 demo compared to the 2K9 one. Really the only thing stopping me from getting Live 10 over 2K10 is the price on Amazon, so convince me that 2K10 is better!

Gonna pick it up tomorrow at Best Buy, can't wait
Draft combine was sweet, can't wait to play my guy in the real game. Only problem was, no matter what I did, I couldn't make my guy look white. He just looked like Deron Williams or something.

[quote name='c0rnpwn']Gonna pick it up tomorrow at Best Buy, can't wait
Draft combine was sweet, can't wait to play my guy in the real game. Only problem was, no matter what I did, I couldn't make my guy look white. He just looked like Deron Williams or something.[/QUOTE]

It's street dated for Tuesday.

[quote name='2Fast']I'm still trying to decide whether or not I want to get this or Live; I haven't bought a basketball game since Live 02 and have only played the Live 10 demo on PS3 since I sent my Xbox away last week. I know Live has it's naysayers, but I thought this years seemed solid enough, and I liked the Live 10 demo compared to the 2K9 one. Really the only thing stopping me from getting Live 10 over 2K10 is the price on Amazon, so convince me that 2K10 is better![/QUOTE]

Go rent 2K9 and see if you like the gameplay style of 2K basketball (I know some people who don't like it.) If you don't like 2K9, you're not going to like 2K10.

Got my Anniversary Edition during my lunch break.

BTW, 2K9 still has a trade in value of $2.50 at Gamestop. Not bad considering 2K10 is out now. I combined that with three other games (25% trade increase towards 2K10 with trade of four 360 games) and my Edge card and managed to get $6.09 for 2K9. I also got $19.29 for KOF XII, $11.87 for The Simpsons Game, and $1.08 :lol: for All-Pro Football 2K8.

Mine should be here Today. And below is some info pulled from a post from one of the 1up sports editors Todd Zuniga's sports page. It shows the top 10 at each position. Kind of interesting. Some guys look a little low to me but I'm not used to 2K's rankings.

Point Guards
94 – Chris Paul
89 – Deron Williams
87 – Rajon Rondo
86 – Devin Harris
85 – Chauncey Billups
84 – Tony Parker
84 – Gilbert Arenas
82 – Baron Davis
80 – Steve Nash
80 – Derrick Rose

Shooting Guards
97 – Kobe Bryant
96 – Dwyane Wade
87 – Brandon Roy
83 – Joe Johnson
83 – Manu Ginobili
81 – Vince Carter
80 – Ray Allen
78 – Richard Hamilton
78 – Ben Gordon
78 – O.J. Mayo

Small Forwards
96 – LeBron James
88 – Carmelo Anthony
84 – Danny Granger
84 – Paul Pierce
84 – Andre Iguodala
83 – Caron Butler
82 – Kevin Durant
81 – Stephen Jackson
80 – Ron Artest
78 – Gerald Wallace

Power Forwards
89 – Kevin Garnett
88 – Tim Duncan
84 – Al Jefferson
84 – Chris Bosh
84 – Pau Gasol
84 – Carlos Boozer
83 – Dirk Nowitzki
82 – Amare Stoudemire
79 – Emeka Okafor
78 – David West

Centers
89 – Dwight Howard
83 – Yao Ming
81 – Shaquille O’Neal
77 – Brook Lopez
76 - Nene
76 – Al Horford
75 – Jermaine O’Neal
74 – Andris Biedrins
74 – Andrew Bynum
74 – Marcus Camby

Got the Anniversary Edition from Amazon today. Very pleased with the mini locker. Looks good and for those that were worried that you'd have to jam in a game to fit 20 in there, it's well spaced out. The poster looks really good, too. It's not printed on the regular, thin poster paper, but thicker paper stock. Figurine isn't very good as expected. 20 minute video is a quick recap of the 10 2K basketball games. Interesting for those who have followed the franchise to see the changes each year brought. It also features extended gameplay clips of the cover athletes for that year's game.Over

If anyone with the Anniversary Edition doesn't want their DVD, I'll buy it/trade for it, that's all I want out of the AE. Also wouldn't mind seeing pics if anyone has time.

I'm glad all the Isomotion moves are printed in the manual this year, saves me having to print out a list from Operation Sports or Gamefaqs.

Speaking of OS, I need to see if anyone on there has made a CP3 alt cover yet for this game. Sorry Lakers/Kobe lovers :)

[Please note I don't like Lebron anymore either after his recent excapdes. I'll take CP3, Dwight Howard, and Kevin Garnett as my favorite NBA players.]

If you guys are having trouble with the my player mode, looks like we have to wait till the 2k servers are up. Also a few people had to go back and re-upload and re-save their player to the 2k servers on draft combine. (those lucky enough to have the game a few days earlier and earlier this morning)

Purchased the game after work just to spend an hour and a half waiting for a single team up game to start (which was laggy) it even :cold: my xbox a couple of times.

:bomb:

Love the game so far.

The only thing I hate is is the new menus. Good grief can we just have standard menus? I really don't see the point in changing the menus at all.

Also, I noticed after playing an online game that there are no post game highlights for each player like last year. Minor issue, but I liked that. It's there for games vs. the CPU though. Weird.

Is it me or are the player model's well crap!? I played one game last night and it was cool. I'll admit I've played Live most of my life with 2K sprinkled in so I'm still in transition. Also not feeling the slowdown at all under the basket when the action gets heavy.

[quote name='Commander0Zero']Is it me or are the player model's well crap!? I played one game last night and it was cool. I'll admit I've played Live most of my life with 2K sprinkled in so I'm still in transition. Also not feeling the slowdown at all under the basket when the action gets heavy.[/QUOTE]

I think some of the models look better than others.

I didn't notice any slow down in the paint, but maybe I just got lucky.

So you like the plastic shiny look of live better? I agree if I were to glance at someone playing both games LIVE would look better(as long as you don't watch for long; not many animations) but playing the games is no comparison as 2k plays more like a basketball game.

this is annoying. i bought this game so i can play "my player" and i still cant upload my DC into 2K10!! ive been trying for a whole day now and i cant import or load my DC player. just doesnt connect. 2k is doin real awesome with there servers just like last year.

bread's done
Back