NCAA Football 360: DEMO OUT NOW!!!!

Nobody said they were running out of space. They fit all the stuff from the current gen Maddens when it came out for Gamecube. Like I stated above there really is no reason for them to cut the stuff they are cutting.

[quote name='BasketCase1080']im sorry, I do not get it.[/QUOTE]

That was the score of the FSU-Miami game last year, 10 to 7. You know when someone asks you what time it is, 10 to 7 is just another way of saying 6:50. The game itself was awful, but the result was so very sweet.

The gator "chomp" by the way, is just a ripoff of the FSU chop. Gator fans needed something to counter it with. The chomp, however, is stupid because it takes two hands. The tomahawk chop only requires one, allowing you to hold a beer with the other hand.

It's a load of horse manure. Since EA bought exclusivity, they can put any pile they want to in the game, offer less, charge more and say bend over cause no one else is going to offer a NCAA game. If 2K were allowed to make a football game, you better believe EA would be more inclined to at the very least match all the features of current gen games. You can doll it up with better graphics, but that dog don't hunt.

Having said that, if they were to price it at no more than $50 I'd be able to swallow it better.

Madden being sub-par on the 360 was acceptable as it was a launch title, but if this game is missing shit then they really dropped the ball. There is no excuse that this shouldn't be a full next-gen game. If it is good then I'm all over it..........GO BLUE!

Less than 1 month away! It's now time to start thinking about the most important thing every year after this game comes out.......ROSTERS!

Anyone getting this have a memory card and the ability to download the real named rosters from the internet when they come out??

Anyone who answered yes to the above question willing to mail me their loaded up memory just long enough for me to load the roster and then stick it back in the mail to you? I'll happily pay all postage and cover the price of a bubble mailer plus give you some $$$ for helping me out. :D I'm sure you could make some quick cash as several people here would be interested. Of course you'd also have to trust your memory card with these people.......

Or can anyone recommend a cheap way of doing this? I really dont wanna buy a memory card and a transfer kit just to use twice a year (college football and basketball). Is there any way to transfer the rosters via usb stick or something like that?

[quote name='$hady']Less than 1 month away! It's now time to start thinking about the most important thing every year after this game comes out.......ROSTERS!

Anyone getting this have a memory card and the ability to download the real named rosters from the internet when they come out??

Anyone who answered yes to the above question willing to mail me their loaded up memory just long enough for me to load the roster and then stick it back in the mail to you? I'll happily pay all postage and cover the price of a bubble mailer plus give you some $$$ for helping me out. :D I'm sure you could make some quick cash as several people here would be interested. Of course you'd also have to trust your memory card with these people.......

Or can anyone recommend a cheap way of doing this? I really dont wanna buy a memory card and a transfer kit just to use twice a year (college football and basketball). Is there any way to transfer the rosters via usb stick or something like that?[/quote]

im also wondering on how to do this for 360... no way ill buy a mem card for this

edited.......

Ebay looks like memory cards are doable at around $25 shipped sometimes lower and often higher..... The transfer kits are only $14.99 @ EBgames (Datel Xbox 360 / Xbox Transfer Kit) I never thought to check there just looked on Ebay and saw them for around $28.....

It's not as bad as I originally thought..... Drop around $40 one time and dont worry about it again or tip $10-15 + shipping each time and have to worry about finding someone.... Still that's almost a whole game and we are all cheap bastards.....

I wish there was a way to transfer saves via the usb or something like with the Xbox you could transfer the save from the pc to the memory card via the usb to xbox controller cable adapter dealio it was less than $10 and let you use your controller on the pc as well..... Or at least have some crappy 3rd party memory card options...

why would you order a transfer kit through ebay for 28 when bestbuy.com has them? Theres no other way, besides x-sata, unless you want to open up your 360 hard drive and take the hard drive out and plug it in via a sata cable or sata to usb adapter to your computer.

I picked up TWO memory cards cheap....One is for sale.

I'll get the transfer kit....I'm sure someone will have Rosters up within a week of release.

I may load up my other card and sell that when the time comes.

[quote name='Murcielago77']why would you order a transfer kit through ebay for 28 when bestbuy.com has them? Theres no other way, besides x-sata, unless you want to open up your 360 hard drive and take the hard drive out and plug it in via a sata cable or sata to usb adapter to your computer.[/quote]
LOL I fell into the trap Ebay is "ALWAYS" cheaper ;)..... I had edited my post after checking EB and seeing them for $15. :bomb: :lol:

Also http://fkrosters.com/about.html has good rosters.

I saw the new videos of the game up on IGN the other day. It looks like it plays like Madden for 360. To me that is garbage. The madden on 360 was worse gameplay wise then the current gen. I hope they don't screw up my beloved NCAA game.

Ah well it kinda sucks but I used my credit set aside for Dead Rising to buy a used memory card from Estarland for $28.95 along with a few other things since I was cashing in my credit anyway :)........ Gonna pick up the transfer kit soon and will download the roster saves myself. My plan is to just resell the memory card and pick another one up hopefully cheaper by the time college basketball comes out.

I watched the videos @ IGN and all I can say is :drool:

Fairdale kings (FK) had the game like 10 days early last year, therefore he had rosters done 5 days BEFORE anyone had the game. This year he isnt sure how early he will have the game, but if he gets it early again, you can count on rosters being there by release

I am not really digging the player models or the animation. They look pretty retarded when they're running. Also, why does it look like the kicker is on steroids? No thanks EA, I'll just stick to the ps2 or xbox version. Even if it means having to re-buy an xbox.

Wow. Gameplay videos make the game look very very dated and also the graphics don't look that great. Granted, they only do so much justice....but c'mon EA.

IDK. I guess for the next-gen, I was expecting something truly new, but its more of the same.

[quote name='Murcielago77']Have you guys watched the IGN videos?[/quote]
LOL they look pretty damn good to me but i'll take gameplay over graphics anyday. I can't wait it's gonna be good times!

Fairdale Kings is a pimp he's got good rosters and is pretty cool i've played with him online several times. That Linder guy is a scumbag he stole my PS2 memory card and the $ I gave him for loading it several years ago.....

[quote name='Murcielago77']Have you guys watched the IGN videos?[/quote]

LOL they look pretty damn good to me but gameplay over graphics ANY day. It's gonna be good times!

Fairdale Kings is a pimp he's got good rosters and is pretty cool i've played with him online several times. That Linder guy is a scumbag he stole my PS2 memory card and the $ I gave him for loading it several years ago.....

Yeah I couldn't care less about the graphics as long as it plays like last year with a few less pancake blocks and a few more caught passes I think it'll be great. Unfortunately, everyone will complain about the graphics and that'll be ignored again. :)

Oh what features are missing that the Xbox version has? Anything worthwhile?

[quote name='Murcielago77']Have you guys watched the IGN videos?[/quote]Yes, and I saw a kicker that looks like a defensive tackle. I always liked the visual style of ncaa football from this last generation. I thought EA would have just put more detail and better animations. Instead I get this garbage.

[quote name='Ultimate Matt X']Oh what features are missing that the Xbox version has? Anything worthwhile?[/quote]
It's still not entirely clear. The only one that I was really bemoaning was the expanded, team-specific playbooks (i.e. the Nevada "Pistol" and others). But one of the EA producers mentioned in an interview that they're trying to get those in as well. I sure hope so.

As it stands, I'm about 90% sure I'll be buying this on both the Xbox and the 360--which kind of sucks, but considering I played around 300 games of this online last year, I'll still get my money's worth.

For what it's worth, I think the videos of the 360 version look pretty sweet. But I have a friend in the industry (journalist, not developer) who's been playing it for a week or so now and still claims that last-gen is the way to go. *shrug*

fairdale kings got the rosters out 5 days before the game was out last year, so hopefully he can do the same again.

the xbox version has the spring games and the bunch of trick plays new for this year. The 360 version does have the new expanded playbooks though

Isn't the 360 version supposed to have a limited franchise mode compared to the Xbox version? I thought I read that a lot fo the features from last year's Xbox version wouldn't be in this year's 360 one.

[quote name='Ultimate Matt X']Isn't the 360 version supposed to have a limited franchise mode compared to the Xbox version? I thought I read that a lot fo the features from last year's Xbox version wouldn't be in this year's 360 one.[/quote]
From an article on gamespot a month ago it sounds like it will be the full dynasty mode.

"While fans of NCAA 07's career mode (known in the Xbox and PS2 game as campus legend mode) may be disappointed to hear that the mode didn't make it into the Xbox 360 version, the hardcore contingent should know that dynasty mode is well intact, complete with in-season recruiting, a new 3D map of the US for use during recruiting, and all the rest of the coaching goodies you've come to expect in the current-gen versions of the game. It's here that the majority of the big NCAA fans spend their time, so it's a good thing the Tiburon development team included it."

Any of you guys going to pick up ncaa and madden? I think I'm just going to pick up NCAA this year.

the 360 version just doesnt have the spring drills as i said earlier, but otherwise, im pretty sure its a full dynasty.

Im pickin up both. I always gotta have my madden

I went to EB yesterday and traded in Nacar 06 for the $20 down on NCAA 07. I just can't wait to get it. And like somebody else had said in a previous post it is the full dynasty mode. They also have all the new playbooks and trick plays. I was reading either on Gamespot or in some magazine that they included the double reverse kickoff return. Somebody ran the play last year and it was included in the game this year. Can't wait. 14 more days.

As a 360 owner, and a lifetime fan of the NCAA Football series, I just can't see how anyone can pick the 360 version of this game over the PS2 or Xbox version. Yes, the graphics are A LOT nicer, but does anyone honestly think the gameplay and A.I. will even be mediocre at best? EA's first 360 football outing, Madden, was absolutely terrible. And I know they rushed it, but you still have to take into consideration that this is their first shot at an NCAA game. The only way I would get the 360 version is if EB or GameStop had a promotion saying you could trade the 360 version in for the PS2/Xbox version straight up, if, within 3 to 5 days of purchase, you decide you don't like it. I guess it just comes down to this: I don't know what to expect if I buy the $60 version, other than I know the game will look great. For $50, I know almost exactly what I'm getting into with the PS2 version, which has been around for 5+ years.

I have to get the 360 version. I can't stand to play the current gen version anymore, it just feels dated to me. The gameplay may very well be more polished but I just can't take it anymore.

[quote name='mvp828']They also have all the new playbooks and trick plays.[/quote]
I'd love to see a link that could verify that. I've seen them say that they have expanded the playbooks for the 360, but not that those team-specific formations and trick plays will make it in the 360 game.

article from 5-9-6
link
"The game will expand during the season, as EA Sports plans to offer new content like jerseys, school-specific gamertags, and mascots via Xbox Live® Marketplace. You can also take the action online to compete against alumni and friends"

lame. Small detail but hopefully the are in the next years version since supposidly they don't have the time to make them in time for this year.

[quote name='DT778']article from 5-9-6
link
"The game will expand during the season, as EA Sports plans to offer new content like jerseys, school-specific gamertags, and mascots via Xbox Live® Marketplace. You can also take the action online to compete against alumni and friends"

lame. Small detail but hopefully the are in the next years version since supposidly they don't have the time to make them in time for this year.[/QUOTE]

i dont get what youre saying. Isnt it a good thing they are even going to put alternate jerseys on the XBLM?

[quote name='VanillaGorilla']Yes, the graphics are A LOT nicer, but does anyone honestly think the gameplay and A.I. will even be mediocre at best? EA's first 360 football outing, Madden, was absolutely terrible. And I know they rushed it, but you still have to take into consideration that this is their first shot at an NCAA game.[/QUOTE]

You know I still don't get this criticism of Madden on the 360 last year. Sure, the camera options, no replays, and all that sucked and that's why I didn't get it until I got it off a budddy for cheap; but was the gameplay really that great on the Xbox version? Hell, at least the 360 version made it possible to return punts. With refinements I like where the 360 version was heading more than the Xbox version.

With that said, I figure both versions of NCAA this year, 360 and Xbox, will probably have problems. You're probably right that the 360 one might have a few more gameplay issues I just don't think it'll be that drastic and the Xbox version will have the same issues that last year's game had too.

From an AIM convo I had with my friend today about the Xbox version:

me: so, following a long weekend of foosting--what's the final answer?

him: perfect

much MUCH improved over last 2 years

very enjoyable even as a single-player game
been having great games on Heisman

u can still haul in some crazy shit, but it's much more '04 style
where when u give it up you still feel like u had a good cahnce to stop it

FBQs could still prove lethal, but otherwise i'm calling this GOTY right now

i just shake my head at the CPU QBs going 20 of 28 on me
or when i finally have a good D game against Iowa's QB (Tate) and he starts of 6 of 14 with 3 picks and the CPU pulls him and the backup almost gets the comeback going on me

Smith last game had 220 passing and 110 rushing...loved that.

Have broken 50 yard runs on heisman, no speed cheat that I can see, line of sight defensive pursuit seems back (or damn close), no more 5 defenders clumping up to defend every goddamn pass

running game is great

good variety between plays blown up right away, plays that go for moderate gains, and plays where u "just missed" busting a big one and big ones

it just flows so much better than 06 and 05

slide protection, D hot routes, nice tweaks like that are enjoyable as well

the "all new" playbooks - a bit overhyped
Sounds encouraging--and like I'l still need two versions of the game.

Sounds good....glad I pre-ordered it this past weekend. Now, I hope someone gets the rosters done soon after the game is released.

looks like psxsports.com will have them day one for a donation of 4 bucks. If they are good, i have no problem paying 5 or 6 bucks...

bread's done
Back