NCAA Football 360: DEMO OUT NOW!!!!

[quote name='Tha Xecutioner']Just got playing and went into OT on my first game. It's not as bad as everyone says it is, but it's still just the same 'ol college football. Nothing too special to me. Graphics look good here, dunno what kind of tv you guys are using..[/quote]

Oh please, I could be using a futuristic holographic Star Trek double-HDTV and this game would still look like ass. I can't believe there are so many apologists for this bull-shit. The graphics are horrid, the player models and animations are straight out of Madden 2002, the crowd and their signs just drove in from N64 city, and like you said, it's just the same ol' college football.

Before anyone goes with the time-honored "graphics don't mean everything" argument, I'd like to ask you where you think that extra ten dollars is going? Because it sure isn't gameplay innovation (wow, retooled kicking scheme, no one gives a fuck about kicking, just please let me press "A" twice and be done with it) or fantastic new features.

I'm no blind EA hater, but this sort of half-assed shit really gets me. They've had almost a year to work on this stuff and this is the best they can do?

[quote name='2Fast']Oh please, I could be using a futuristic holographic Star Trek double-HDTV and this game would still look like ass. I can't believe there are so many apologists for this bull-shit. The graphics are horrid, the player models and animations are straight out of Madden 2002, the crowd and their signs just drove in from N64 city, and like you said, it's just the same ol' college football.

Before anyone goes with the time-honored "graphics don't mean everything" argument, I'd like to ask you where you think that extra ten dollars is going? Because it sure isn't gameplay innovation (wow, retooled kicking scheme, no one gives a fuck about kicking, just please let me press "A" twice and be done with it) or fantastic new features.

I'm no blind EA hater, but this sort of half-assed shit really gets me. They've had almost a year to work on this stuff and this is the best they can do?[/quote]
Umm, I'm not using a Star Trek tv either, but these graphics are good (who gives two shits about what the crowd looks like or their signs). Show me a better looking football game because I have played them all and they are either below or right at this level. The player animations in football games have been the same for the past like 5 years, nothing new there. And yes, it is the same ol' college football, what'd you expect? For them to change the game completely? It's not like it hasn't been clearing store shelves for years or anything..

[quote name='Tha Xecutioner']Umm, I'm not using a Star Trek tv either, but these graphics are good (who gives two shits about what the crowd looks like or their signs). Show me a better looking football game because I have played them all and they are either below or right at this level. The player animations in football games have been the same for the past like 5 years, nothing new there. And yes, it is the same ol' college football, what'd you expect? For them to change the game completely? It's not like it hasn't been clearing store shelves for years or anything..[/quote]
I expected more than a half-assed sixty dollar cash-in. But, hey, if you don't mind then by all means buy it and have fun with it, I mean you no ill. These guys (EA) made Fight Night Round 3 (not sure which in-house developer made either of these) that has arguably the best graphics of any 360 game and the best they can muster is the same ol' shit with just a little polish.

Of course I did not expect them to completely re-vamp the game or completely change the game (hell, they haven't done it in six years). All I really wanted is good graphics (Gasp! I must not be a true gamer!).

Like I said before, this is the best looking PS2 game I've ever seen. You're right that it's the best looking football game ever, but that small jump doesn't justify the extra ten bucks.

To say this looks like a PS2 game is a little bit of hyperbolt.

I would say it is on the same level as NFL Fever. Which isn't great but it isn't as bad as some people make it out to be.

Honastly, did anybody expect EA to do anything more? (And the FN3 example is a bit much. FN3 has the maximum of 2 real models on the screen with a small crowd. NCAA is however many people are on the team, plus everything on the sidelines, plus all of the people in the stadium. It's really apples and oranges.)

The gameplay of the NCAA games has always been tight and there was no need to overhaul it or change much. I really don't understand how some people can say this looks like a ps1 or n64 game. The charcther models are very detailed. If you look at the plain models from the PS2/Xbox versions theres a huge diffrence. The animations in this game are amazing. Watch the tackling animations and tell me what other football game does it as good as some of them. Like I said before in a bunch of videos for this game there was no sign of a framerate problem when they showed the stadium so I'm pretty confident that is only something happeneing in the demo version. And I dont understand how people can complain its to easy or they are dropping to many passes. You know there are sliders and difficulty settings in the retail version so thats something stupid to complain about. I really had no problems with the receivers dropping passes. I'm pretty happy with the demo and will be keeping my preorder.

[quote name='Sporadic']Honastly, did anybody expect EA to do anything more? (And the FN3 example is a bit much. FN3 has the maximum of 2 real models on the screen with a small crowd. NCAA is however many people are on the team, plus everything on the sidelines, plus all of the people in the stadium. It's really apples and oranges.)[/quote]

Twenty-two players on the field, big whoop, so much different. The people in the stands don't have to look fantastic, but at least try. The crowd in Smackdown vs. Raw '06 look about ten times better than the crowd in NCAA '07. People on the sideline can be in stasis for all I care, just make them not look like early Dreamcast models.

Without every having played Dynasty Warriors 5 ((?) whichever one was ported on the 360) I can say with confidence that everyone on-screen in that game look better than the twenty-two people in NCAA '07.

Did I expect EA to do more? Yes. Guess I must be crazy.

There is a lot more going on in NCAA then Smackdown. Some games can afford to use polygons in places where its not really necessary like the crowd. With Smackdown you usually have 2 models on screen at once. They can afford to use there resources on things like the crowd.

[quote name='Madskills1182']There is a lot more going on in NCAA then Smackdown. Some games can afford to use polygons in places where its not really necessary like the crowd. With Smackdown you usually have 2 models on screen at once. They can afford to use there resources on things like the crowd.[/quote]

Smackdown is a PS2 game, there's the flaw in your argument.

Smackdown can also have up to seven fully animated people on-screen at once, I'm sure the 360 can compensate for the extra fifteen that are needed to host a football game, plus at least a decent sideline and crowd.

THe charcther models in the PS2 Smackdwon vs Raw are no way as detailed as the models in NCAA. I'm not sticking up for EA, i think the crowd doesnt look great neither do the sidelines. But I much rather the player models look good and the game animate well then having a good looking crowd. I'm just trying to point out to you why the crowd might not look as good as you think it should. 7 Guys on screen and 22 are a big diffrence.

I really don't care if other people like/don't like the game/graphics. All I know is that the demo looked gorgeous on my 24" dell hd monitor, and I came away wanting more than just one minute quarters...a definite buy on the 18th for me.

Yeah, they were really shitty graphics (when we're talking 360, if this was any other current-gen system it would look pretty good).

Also, I hate football games because either they're extremely hard, or I suck at them.

Screw it.

I thought the game was fun. Gameplay was good...graphics seemed decent to me. I know it's no GRAW, but I wasn't expecting that. I'm not sure what others are either. The game seemed fun. I'll pick up my pre-order at GR next week along with my transfer kit!

I played the demo a few times last night. I wasn't blown away but overall I thought the graphics were definately better than the current gen stuff. There is just no comparison when talking about the player models and stadiums but I'll agree that the crowd looked even worse than madden 360. I had no problems with the gameplay so I'll be picking my preorder up but then again I'm not buying it. It was prepurchased for my birthday from a friend, sweet.

I am hoping that the xbox version becomes compatible. That way I don't have to spend the extra 10 bucks. Of course, I have a higher chance of seeing a unicorn before seeing this.

Have any cross-platform games been compatible yet? (Gun, Tony Hawk, King Kong, Tomb Raider) I don't think so, you may stuck with the 360...which is fine by me.

[quote name='XxFuRy2Xx']I am hoping that the xbox version becomes compatible. That way I don't have to spend the extra 10 bucks. Of course, I have a higher chance of seeing a unicorn before seeing this.[/QUOTE]

You know people complain about paying the extra $10 all the time but this is CAG. There was a thread posted about the game on sale with free shipping for $47.99 at Fry's Outpost.com.

That would be cheaper than the current gen which retails for $49.99

So you really do not have to play the extra $10 if you don't want too.
Just look for the deal. I have yet to pay full price for any 360 title except for Obilvion which I have not even had a chance to really sit down and play.
Almost every game can be had for a discounted price if you look hard enough.

I honestly think people just like to bitch about every game that comes out no matter what.....

I played the demo over and over for about 2 hours and I loves it! I've also played the crap out of Madden 360. If you are a football junkie these games are crack. If you are a casual fan or a 2K fan buy last years games for cheap and enjoy. Especially true for college games and casual football fans, no names and high school recruits = you don't know any better. :D

I just wish I could dload it. I tried all last night and today and it still just sits at 1%. I left it on one time for an hour and it never went up. I also have tried deleting it from the HD and trying again and that doesnt work either. Any ideas on how to get this damn thing to download?

[quote name='flybrione']You know people complain about paying the extra $10 all the time but this is CAG. There was a thread posted about the game on sale with free shipping for $47.99 at Fry's Outpost.com.

That would be cheaper than the current gen which retails for $49.99

So you really do not have to play the extra $10 if you don't want too.
Just look for the deal. I have yet to pay full price for any 360 title except for Obilvion which I have not even had a chance to really sit down and play.
Almost every game can be had for a discounted price if you look hard enough.[/quote]Well, not only cheaper, but I just think the xbox version looks better than this.

Well i played it on my lcd via vga cable and first thing i noticed was the slowdown at the beginning stadium shots..That just bothers the shit outa me since framerate is usually 1st priority for me. I ried lowering resolution but nothing.

The game looks good in cutscenes when players are ligning up or sometimes when kicking a xp.(as does madden for 360, game may suck but cutscenes look nice)

In gameplay the actual animation is the same and has been for years. Ive played every version for the last 3 years and this still feels like 03.

Atleast the crowd looks somewhat lively. I thought i had read somewhere that they did the gator chomp (w.e) or fsu tomahawk. etc

Im still planning to getting this used as i need a football game. It really isnt too bad. I think the stadium sounds and atmosphere are dead on

This game is awsome, fuck all the haters.

The crowd sux? You're playing football you shouldn't be looking at the crowd anyways, pay attention to the game. The grass has looked the way grass has always looked in a football game, there is no downgrade. The animations are smooth and nice, have a lot better feel, better than last years, and way better than they where back in 03. And graphically this game doesn't look like a ps2 game you ignorant fucks. Go back and play your PS2, you'll see.

o man.....it hurts to say this but madden looks great

I just saw the masterbit videos at ign.. the grass looks amazing to me

the stadium looks great too

graphically i'm not that impressed (playing on 1080i). also, the gameplay is good but not great. definately, the cutscenes are pretty done but the animations and crowd doesn't seemed polished enough. i'll still buy it for my football fix until madden 07.

I want a football game. I enjoyed it, it was fun and I liked the feel of it. To me it felt like the older EA football games stuff like Madden 01 etc.

I just went googled and found me some nice custom covers...

3b09e5f1.jpg

ee66bba6.jpg

1b303a19.gif

53e34432.jpg

Edit: If any other Irish fans out there want these, PM me and i'll email the original full sized files.

I played more last night and I still think it's great. I know some people hate EA, but I have high hopes. Got my transfer kit also last night.

Is it worth $60? I think the question is, is it even worth $50 for the next generation? Sure it's a good game, but I don't think NCAA 07 adds enough to warrant a purchase over 06.

But if I absolutely had to have NCAA 07, I'd save the $10 and get the fully-featured, looks-almost-as-good Xbox version.

Thanks for the demo EA. You saved me $60.

Jeremy

i already preordered the ps2 version for 45bucks.

But i do have a question for people trying out this demo.

can 2 players play on the same damn team online?????????

This is the most wanted thing i want with madden and ncaa.

If they have ONLINE then have the ability to play ONLINE on the SAME TEAM.

WOOT, Fry's is gonna have the 360 version for $39 and the xbox version for $29...looks like I'm getting both and ebay-ing the one I don't like later (for profit!)!!!

[quote name='toper']WOOT, Fry's is gonna have the 360 version for $39 and the xbox version for $29...looks like I'm getting both and ebay-ing the one I don't like later (for profit!)!!![/QUOTE]

I wish we had Fry's in MI. I won't order online though, as they shipped me an empty box once.....and I want it day 1 anyways.

I tried the demo out again today for a longer period of time (2 games). If EA would tighten things up a bit graphically, I would seriously consider purchasing this. The crowd stutter is inexcusable and some of the player animations do look robotic. Other than that, the game seems to play fine. I finally started catching passes after pressing Y. I was able to block a field goal as well (something i've never done in previous games).

where did you see that price? in my LA Times ad there isnt a price listing anywhere.

edit: n/m just saw the deal in the other section, but still dont see the ad in my local paper.

[quote name='toper']WOOT, Fry's is gonna have the 360 version for $39 and the xbox version for $29...looks like I'm getting both and ebay-ing the one I don't like later (for profit!)!!![/QUOTE]

[quote name='tavarua88']where did you see that price? in my LA Times ad there isnt a price listing anywhere.

edit: n/m just saw the deal in the other section, but still dont see the ad in my local paper.[/QUOTE]

It's in the SJ ad...that would suck if none of the other fry's are gonna have it at that price.

WOW, I really wish Frys would open near me! That just shows you how much everywhere else is making off the games. I was in a Sams Club the other day and even the members there only get the games for $5 less than retail...

I have no problems catching passes (Florida) but I almost always do it myself. I've seen the computer drop a few wide open balls against me though.

[quote name='doubledown']I wish we had Fry's in MI. I won't order online though, as they shipped me an empty box once.....and I want it day 1 anyways.[/quote]

I hear ya. It sucks, because they even have them in Illinois. My uncle used to live near Downers Grove and they had a Fry's right by his house.

P.S. Where in MI are you from? I'm from the GR area.

[quote name='mvp828']I hear ya. It sucks, because they even have them in Illinois. My uncle used to live near Downers Grove and they had a Fry's right by his house.

P.S. Where in MI are you from? I'm from the GR area.[/QUOTE]

Metro Detroit area.....Mt. Clemens

[quote name='Madskills1182']If I wanted to download the players names from someone who did all the work, what would I need to do this?[/QUOTE]

FKRosters.com

You will need a Datel Transfer Kit and a Memory Card.

[quote name='sying']They have my Gators as a powerhouse vs the noles, I think they got the right idea on this one[/QUOTE]

We'll find out for real around Thanksgiving. Good luck going anywhere with that SEC schedule, no corners, and a QB that can't scramble trying to run a spread option offense.

bread's done
Back