NCAA Football 360: DEMO OUT NOW!!!!

[quote name='Murcielago77']the 360 version just doesnt have the spring drills as i said earlier, but otherwise, im pretty sure its a full dynasty.

Im pickin up both. I always gotta have my madden[/quote]
they have one spring drill, the option run.

psxsports has been known to steal their rosters from blacklover (geekrosters) before, so hes probably going to steal them from FK now. FK is free rosters, screw paying for them from DT (not DT778 :lol:)

Any deals on this game? Outpost has it for $48, it says free shipping but when I add it to my cart it doesn't come up as free even when I switched to ground.

:D I always used those Blacklover rosters back when I had a PS2. I got to talking to a guy I didn't really know to well at my old work about the game one day and I brought him the rosters to try. The next day he was like WTF does black lover mean was that supposed to be a joke? LOL he was a black guy.....

I hear on other boards that stores are now starting to receive their copies of this or will be any day. I know the street date isn't till next week but i'm gonna start checking Target like every other day and hope I get lucky like I did on the DS Lite! They seem to be stupid and street dates aren't in the system like at Walmart. I'm sick of waiting! :D

MajorNelson Has played it. I am jealous.

Here is a list of all the achievements......
http://live.xbox.com/en-US/profile/...ls.aspx?compareTo=Major+Nelson&tid= ]:dh)k0

there are 50 total, but 75% are pretty easy ones that can be gotten in just a few games.

And if this game is anything like the past games getting the block a punt and block a field goal will be impossible to get. I haven't blocked a field goal on an NCAA or madden since like madden 03.

I blocked a field goal in madden 06. I was the guy on the left end and pulled him back and ran toward the line timed perfectly with the snap and I tackled the holder.

[quote name='DT778']I blocked a field goal in madden 06. I was the guy on the left end and pulled him back and ran toward the line timed perfectly with the snap and I tackled the holder.[/QUOTE]
you dont get credit for an actual block though. The last time i blocked a FG was back in madden 04, when i blocked my friends FG and ran it back for a TD and tied the game with allen rossum. I blocked a punt in 05 and 06 for 360, and that about ends my special teams blocking

they said already that blocking kicks and punts is actually possible. Because they have that new jump the snap thing, you can actually get past the line in a flash every once in a while if you can guess the timing right. Ive seen a video of a guy playing it at E3 block an extra point

The Achivements look really easy to get. It would be nice if Target did mess up and put it out early. I still hope this game plays as good as the current gen and not like the 360 Madden. And I am still looking for a deal on the game. Which there looks to be none except for outpost.

I checked Target today...no go for NCAA. I will continue checking though. Its the first must-have game of the summer for me.

[quote name='gofishn']I checked Target today...no go for NCAA. I will continue checking though. Its the first must-have game of the summer for me.[/quote]

I went to Target this morning played stupid and announced that today was release day. The lady went in the back and looked about 5 minutes or more then came back and said they hadn't been delivered yet....

Went to ToysRus a couple hours ago and some grumpy old lady was moving around stuff in the case. I asked if she had NCAA and she said we sure do UPS just brought them.......grabs a small box full of them off the ground........ tilts them where I can see....... then cheerfully reads the the big orange sticker on the top about DO NOT SELL UNTILL 7-18-2006 BLAH BLAH BLAH...... Me so sad....... :wall:

[quote name='$hady']I went to Target this morning played stupid and announced that today was release day. The lady went in the back and looked about 5 minutes or more then came back and said they hadn't been delivered yet....

Went to ToysRus a couple hours ago and some grumpy old lady was moving around stuff in the case. I asked if she had NCAA and she said we sure do UPS just brought them.......grabs a small box full of them off the ground........ tilts them where I can see....... then cheerfully reads the the big orange sticker on the top about DO NOT SELL UNTILL 7-18-2006 BLAH BLAH BLAH...... Me so sad....... :wall:[/QUOTE]

Wow, I should go try and pull that scam at some places around here. There has to be some dumb employee that will totally ignore the sticker.

If this gets good reviews (and if the demo is good) I'll probably buy it from Gamefly. It's been a long-ass time since I've played a football game (NFL 2K5, and only a little bit) and I've never owned (yet alone played) an NCAA game.

[quote name='Tha Xecutioner']not out yet[/quote]

Dammit! I just got home and was hoping it was up. Hopefully it is put up today and this isn't more marketplace BS.

[quote name='2Fast']If this gets good reviews (and if the demo is good) I'll probably buy it from Gamefly. It's been a long-ass time since I've played a football game (NFL 2K5, and only a little bit) and I've never owned (yet alone played) an NCAA game.[/QUOTE]
You better get it, I have yet to play on Live with you and you've been on my friends list since last month lol

[quote name='RiCeBo1']You better get it, I have yet to play on Live with you and you've been on my friends list since last month lol[/quote]

Haha yeah, I haven't been playing all that much lately, right now it's a glorified DVD player for me - too much DS. When I do play, I usually only play Oblivion.

Damn, I wanna get this badly but I'm not sure if it'll live up to expectations or if I need it and Madden. Maybe I'll use some credit if I end up not wanting to get Chromehounds, though Gamestop says they're filled up on the first shipment. Is outpost still offering free shipping?

[quote name='Ultimate Matt X']Damn, I wanna get this badly but I'm not sure if it'll live up to expectations or if I need it and Madden. Maybe I'll use some credit if I end up not wanting to get Chromehounds, though Gamestop says they're filled up on the first shipment. Is outpost still offering free shipping?[/quote]

Hey man, when you get that demo, you be sure to hop on here and tell us how the grass is compared to Blitz and Madden 06, alright? I'm on the edge of my seat over here.. thanks man

keeps stopping at 35% for me....don't know if it's downloading and just not moving or what, this is getting annoying as this is pretty much the only demo I've been excited for!

I have to say that I'm not too impressed by it graphically. Also, the animations of the players running are horrid, they look like retarded robots running. Can't believe they screwed it up. Also, the demo only gives you one minute quarters.

[quote name='XxFuRy2Xx']I have to say that I'm not too impressed by it graphically. Also, the animations of the players running are horrid, they look like retarded robots running. Can't believe they screwed it up. Also, the demo only gives you one minute quarters.[/QUOTE]

Ditto what he said

[quote name='XxFuRy2Xx']I have to say that I'm not too impressed by it graphically. Also, the animations of the players running are horrid, they look like retarded robots running. Can't believe they screwed it up. Also, the demo only gives you one minute quarters.[/quote]

Same here. It's especially terrible when they show shots of the crowd. The camera should not be stuttering. This is awful. This doesn't look "next gen" at all.

What do you have to do to actually make your players catch the ball? I've thrown 7 passes, all have hit the receivers, and every one of them has dropped the ball.

I would say I can't believe that EA screwed this up, but then again, it's EA. What the hell was I expecting in the first place?

This demo definitely is not the way to showcase the game.

Oh, for added fun. Leave the demo on for a few minutes at the title screen and let the demo movie animation run. It is absolutely abysmal. It looks like a PS1 game.

What's with the slowdown at the beginning when zooming in on the fans? I agree with the animations, the graphics are pretty sub-par, the grass sucks (that one's for you, Matt), it looks more like a spraypainted piece of pavement. Already deleted the demo.

What do you have to do to actually make your players catch the ball? I've thrown 7 passes, all have hit the receivers, and every one of them has dropped the ball.

Hit Y.

yes got to beat up on the noles... i swear this (i guess same goes for madden) feels just like my 2003 version..

Ill be getting this since madden can kiss my ass.

i notice the framerate takes a dip while circling the stadiums when the game starts

yea the grass sucks ass..

it does have the usual nice college atmosphere though

Of course they release a demo of my most anticipated game while I'm stuck in Minnesota on business.

fuck.

In HD the game looks good. The player models are a lot better than the current gen. The framerate stutters on the stadium shots. I have watched videos of the game and it didnt seem to happen in the videos. The runnign animations arent that bad. All the other animations are fluid. The game plays 100 times better than Madden for 360. You dont have to press antyhing for a player to catch the ball unless you are controlling that player. I havnet had any problems with dropped passes. Overall I'm happy it plays more like the current gen than the Madden for 360. Oh and I also had no problem downloading the game.

[quote name='Madskills1182']In HD the game looks good. The player models are a lot better than the current gen. The framerate stutters on the stadium shots. I have watched videos of the game and it didnt seem to happen in the videos. The runnign animations arent that bad. All the other animations are fluid. The game plays 100 times better than Madden for 360. You dont have to press antyhing for a player to catch the ball unless you are controlling that player. I havnet had any problems with dropped passes. Overall I'm happy it plays more like the current gen than the Madden for 360. Oh and I also had no problem downloading the game.[/quote]

I run this in HD as well (VGA cables) and I can't say this looks next gen. If this plays 100 times better than Madden...damn Madden must suck.

I'll have to try passing again.

Scorch, I'll try hitting Y as well.

After reading everybodies opinion on here and a few other boards, I was very scared it would be terrible. It played great for me in my first game and I'll definitely be keeping my preorder. Hopefully the slow down at the beginning is just the demo but I'm not keeping my fingers crossed, can't wait to play the full version and start a dynasty!

[quote name='2Fast']This is the best looking PS2 game I've ever seen.

Thanks for saving me sixty bucks EA.[/QUOTE]

Ouch it looks that bad?

[quote name='Scorch']Hey man, when you get that demo, you be sure to hop on here and tell us how the grass is compared to Blitz and Madden 06, alright? I'm on the edge of my seat over here.. thanks man[/QUOTE]

[quote name='2Fast']This is the best looking PS2 game I've ever seen.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='XxFuRy2Xx'] I have to say that I'm not too impressed by it graphically. Also, the animations of the players running are horrid, they look like retarded robots running. Can't believe they screwed it up. Also, the demo only gives you one minute quarters. [/QUOTE]

See I told you it wasn't me that complained about the graphics. :) Though honestly I did notice some of these things. Thought the gameplay seemed alright for the most part except I got three sacks in a row once.

I didn't think it was all that bad graphically, but the field looks like crap and crowd shots are extremely choppy. My biggest complaint is that once again the receivers drop 80% of the passes that hit them right in the hands. What a disappointment.

gofishn, catching was something I thought seemed easier than before maybe I didn't pass enough. I do think the defensive backs weren't lettting me get big passes as easilly as last year though.

I think it looks fine, crowd kinda sucky, but its solid, and the frame rate is smooth. Maybe the recievers are dropping passes because drew weatherford sucks, youre better off just running with lorenzo booker. I blocked an XP on my first try, it was pretty cool. It certainly exceeded my expectations due to madden 360, im definately gettin my preorder

Just got playing and went into OT on my first game. It's not as bad as everyone says it is, but it's still just the same 'ol college football. Nothing too special to me. Graphics look good here, dunno what kind of tv you guys are using..

bread's done
Back