New 3DS Animal Crossing Edition/New 3DS XL Hyrule Gold Edition, & Aqua Blue Vita @ GS

Only the Hyrule one is Gamestop exclusive, btw I'm guessing this system will be pretty limited. Aside from it being Gamestop exclusive, Nintendo also knows most Zelda fans bought the Majora's Mask one earlier this year and aren't in the market for another 3ds xl.

WTF I just started using the black N3DS XL two days ago thinking other versions are never coming to US..

....eh whatever..

Been waiting for the regular sized new 3ds ever since the new XL announcement late last year, it's.. finally.. HERE! Patient gamers, let's go!!

Question is.. Do I import faceplates or wait and hope we get the same variety in NA?

Been waiting for the regular sized new 3ds ever since the new XL announcement late last year, it's.. finally.. HERE! Patient gamers, let's go!!

Question is.. Do I import faceplates or wait and hope we get the same variety in NA?
Just import, NoA is terrible. Even if they offer some other plates, they will probably sale out in minutes, or the selection will be way poor. I actually imported a soft carry case and the wooden Mario plates last year. I was planning to sale them this holiday if the standard never made it here.

Import them. Most of the popular ones are long gone though. If you can find them on somewhere like Amiami that doesn't require a forwarding service or expensive shipping, they're fairly cheap.

Edit:

Zelda #55 is just over $20 shipped.

KK Slider is even cheaper.

Pikachu even cheaper still.

Last edited by a moderator:
Boredom Strikes Back...

unDOX9e.jpg

Oh boy. Now that there is another limited edition Zelda 3DS XL coming will this thread jump to 100 pages with people trying to find these. It was entertaining reading all the posts from people trying to find the MM 3DS XL in stores and complaining about scalpers. Good Times. :p

I'm not sure if this has been discussed but I hope someone finds it helpful.

The Zelda console is obviously exclusive to Gamestop. Like with the black ops juggernaut edition each store is getting a set amount, and then closing preorders. It wasn't available at my store earlier but an employee called me and said it's not in the system and they are only taken preorders for ten units and then closing preorders (restrictions to one per customer).

Damn I would trade/sell my Link Between World 3DSXL towards this but I can't transfer my stuff without having both systems in hand and since Nintendo still doesn't have a real account system yet.....

I hope next year they release another LE 3DS for Hyrule Warriors Legends

The Zelda console is obviously exclusive to Gamestop. Like with the black ops juggernaut edition each store is getting a set amount, and then closing preorders. It wasn't available at my store earlier but an employee called me and said it's not in the system and they are only taken preorders for ten units and then closing preorders (restrictions to one per customer).
It's still avail online so maybe they are producing a lot more for online?

when does this start?

when does this start?
Employee said preorders are now open, they weren't however around 7PM EST. It's a $50 in-store deposit. I'm sure each store is getting a varying amount of units depending on their volume.

I can't speak about online orders though, that's a whole different animal. They could cut those off anytime or they could remain open for a long time depending on demand and how many are available.

Has Nintendo announced they're going to bring faceplates over to the States (or at least make them available online) for the New 3DS?

I'd be more interested in the Zelda if it didnt look basically like the MM one. And I have the Link Between Worlds XL too.

I'm hoping for an Fire Emblem console

Oh, didn't know the regular New 3DS was coming to North America.

Wow, this looks amazing. Would totally get this if I had the money.

Nintendo_New3DS_Animal_Plat.jpg

Guess I need to figure out what the going rate on a new Majora's N3DSXL is now. Guess I'll see if I can unload that so I can get the AC one.

I kinda like this design more than the MM New 3DS XL, but I already have a few limited edition 3DS XLs and don't really want to start collecting systems (at least any more). I think I'll pass on this.

71WMcCjY2rL._SL1300_.jpg
Yeah, design is like nothing I've ever seen before! :roll:
LOL

Honestly, I've been eyeing a new 3ds for about a month now. I'm playing my nephews 3ds and it's just too small, hurts my hand a little, my son's 2ds is perfect. Glad this new 3ds popped up, I pre ordered right away so that I know for sure it's secured.

Crazy, had a wii u, maybe put like 20 hours into it, but I find the 3ds to be way more exciting, sad nintendo.

temptation rising.... feels like MM N3ds all over again except I got royally screwd by being on the west coast.. Damn it nintendo.. TAKE MY MONEY ... and NoJ gets my money for faceplates...

I only got the XL, because of the whole "this will never come out in the US" stance they took on the smaller version. I don't want an AC model, but I'm a little pissed that they back-pedaled.

*puts N3DSXL MM edition down*

Well that's nice...

*picks back up N3DSXL MM edition & continues playing*
Same reaction I had. Honestly I was hoping for a TriForce Heroes LE 2DS. I know that sounds crazy, but I would pick that up over another Zelda 3ds.... Who am I kidding I will pick one up at some point like I have with all the others.

I only got the XL, because of the whole "this will never come out in the US" stance they took on the smaller version. I don't want an AC model, but I'm a little pissed that they back-pedaled.
Fortunately I only paid like $130 for mine from AWD and it was brand new but yeah it's really annoying when it's the model I wanted all along.

bread's done
Back