New 3DS Animal Crossing Edition/New 3DS XL Hyrule Gold Edition, & Aqua Blue Vita @ GS

just having trouble paying extra for a game that I don't want.
This is NoA plan, making us buy a bundle, to sale a game most don't want. It's all good, when dealing with "N", especially NoA, you have to know BS is a part of their business model, and to pick and choose your battles. I wanted the all white standard N3DS, and this may be my best option. I've already got my decals to cover this, as I did the same to get my all white XL, by covering Pikachu. https://www.etsy.com/listing/225761144/cover-decal-no-s01-snes?ref=related-4

Honestly, I've been eyeing a new 3ds for about a month now. I'm playing my nephews 3ds and it's just too small, hurts my hand a little, my son's 2ds is perfect. Glad this new 3ds popped up, I pre ordered right away so that I know for sure it's secured.
Crazy, had a wii u, maybe put like 20 hours into it, but I find the 3ds to be way more exciting, sad nintendo.
Handhelds are always better than consoles! Always.

Yeah, I just wanted the all white unit, but this will have to work, and dealing with NoA, we're lucky to have this. LOL

No, it's an annual event they hold once a year. Last year it was in Anaheim I believe, and two years ago it was in Vegas. Vegas seems to be their most used spot, as it ROCKS. I wish E3 would leave LA, as it sucks, and move to Vegas as well.

Anyway, yesterday was the managers conference, today is the trade show for managers ONLY, and tomorrow, it is the trade show again, but open to the public, for a fee of course. I went two years ago when it was here, and while it wasn't bad, it is way over crowded, and way over priced for one days worth of show. There was some decent swag and tournaments, and I paid for the cost by selling my swag, but this year the prices where up, and it didn't look worth my time.

I used to go to CES in the early 90's, and E3 when it started(95), so I've been to great shows that weren't overflowing with the dregs of humanity. LOL
Well, if you don't like crowds you probably won't like E3 in it's current form anyways. The big games all had 2 - 3 hour waits or longer. Nintendo's wait times this year were completely unpredictable because they weren't kicking people off their demo stations so they could just sit there forever even if a line formed.

Well, if you don't like crowds you probably won't like E3 in it's current form anyways. The big games all had 2 - 3 hour waits or longer. Nintendo's wait times this year were completely unpredictable because they weren't kicking people off their demo stations so they could just sit there forever even if a line formed.
My last E3 was actually 2005, and it was out of control then. "N" is the worst, as they have the biggest crowds, and the worse systems to move people through. Which is typical of the way they currently run their business.

Some of my best experiences at trade shows over the years came from "N". The Conkers "beer" bar was killer, and the Winter CES where they debut Star Fox was beyond Awesome, and probably my favorite moment ever at any show. I also have a very cool Mario Paint VHS tape where they had artist do a charactercher of you, and record it on video. I don't think I waited more then 10-15 minutes for any of the things I've mentioned, sadly those days are gone.

Well after seeing this last night I thought both were XL's but this morning after seeing an image of the animal crossing one I see it's actually the white regular sized new 3ds. I just don't want the animal crossing stuff so hope they release just the system for less than $200. Probably $169.99 -$179.99 would be fair never has nintendo had the regular 3ds priced the same as the XL but looks like they are testing the waters here in the states with this bundle at the same price as the XL's which I think will not move nearly as many units.

Well after seeing this last night I thought both were XL's but this morning after seeing an image of the animal crossing one I see it's actually the white regular sized new 3ds. I just don't want the animal crossing stuff so hope they release just the system for less than $200. Probably $169.99 -$179.99 would be fair never has nintendo had the regular 3ds priced the same as the XL but looks like they are testing the waters here in the states with this bundle at the same price as the XL's which I think will not move nearly as many units.
I feel like Nintendo bringing the small 3DS over was just to appease a vocal minority. I don't see them wanting to push the standalone smaller system at a cheaper price because it just eats into their margins. I understand the over $200 price with the software bundle because the margin on software was low to begin with.

Excited when this finally comes out and sales are poor Nintendo can point to "listening to the fans" and "they were a all vocal minority". From here on out only XL handhelds.

Good job guys!

This is NoA plan, making us buy a bundle, to sale a game most don't want. It's all good, when dealing with "N", especially NoA, you have to know BS is a part of their business model, and to pick and choose your battles. I wanted the all white standard N3DS, and this may be my best option. I've already got my decals to cover this, as I did the same to get my all white XL, by covering Pikachu. https://www.etsy.com/listing/225761144/cover-decal-no-s01-snes?ref=related-4
Yep, master plan. They spent millions making a game "no one wanted", just to spite you.

I feel like Nintendo bringing the small 3DS over was just to appease a vocal minority. I don't see them wanting to push the standalone smaller system at a cheaper price because it just eats into their margins. I understand the over $200 price with the software bundle because the margin on software was low to begin with.
This is exactly what their doing^, no surprise really.

Ultimately, I think they will release the smaller unit as standard, and faze out the 2DS, as there is more money to be made with the standard N3DS, than with the 2DS, especially when you consider the extra funds from the plates. So for now, I'm sure they are looking to make some holiday funds from this bundle, but I think in the future, the standard model will have a better presence when you consider the options currently available. But with NoA, anything is possible(or not possible).

Ultimately, I think they will release the smaller unit as standard, and faze out the 2DS, as there is more money to be made with the standard N3DS, than with the 2DS, especially when you consider the extra funds from the plates. So for now, I'm sure they are looking to make some holiday funds from this bundle, but I think in the future, the standard model will have a better presence when you consider the options currently available. But with NoA, anything is possible(or not possible).

Huh?

There is far more money in a 2DS then a normal-sized 3DS. 1 screen vs 2. No Hinge vs 1. No 3D vs 3D. Can appeal to kids of ALL ages vs must be 8 (?) to use it.

Not sure if you just make stuff up or not, but wow. The 2DS may not be your cup of tea, but Nintendo made it cheap and durable for kids. It's an easy impulse buy at $99MSRP, cheap Black Friday gift and can easily be bundled.

There was a clear reason why Nintendo did not bring the normal-sized 3DS to the US. We don't want them. A Small, annoying minority threw a hissy fit and Nintendo made it a (LOL) GameStop exclusive (likely re-using unsold systems from overseas). Now you guys get to pay $220 for it with Animal Crossing. VICTORY!!!!

Excited when this finally comes out and sales are poor Nintendo can point to "listening to the fans" and "they were a all vocal minority". From here on out only XL handhelds.

Good job guys!
Not the peoplest fault, NX less than a year out is another problem too for n3ds sales. But NX is hype

Not the peoplest fault, NX less than a year out is another problem too for n3ds sales. But NX is hype
I was unaware Nintendo had set a release date for the NX. Can you point me to that article where a launch date has been announced? Or a picture of the console? What about a price? Launch lineup?

Oh, right, making stuff up.

Yep, master plan. They spent millions making a game "no one wanted", just to spite you.
Of course some will want this game, but it's not going to sale like a standard AC game, same for the new Metroid they have coming.

There was a clear reason why Nintendo did not bring the normal-sized 3DS to the US. We don't want them. A Small, annoying minority threw a hissy fit and Nintendo made it a (LOL) GameStop exclusive (likely re-using unsold systems from overseas). Now you guys get to pay $220 for it with Animal Crossing. VICTORY!!!!
"Clear" reason? Yeah, it's obvious your smarter than everyone here, and based on your reason and logic, you would fit in perfectly at NoA. The only thing "clear" from NoA is how clueless they are.

Of course some will want this game, but it's not going to sale like a standard AC game, same for the new Metroid they have coming.

"Clear" reason? Yeah, it's obvious your smarter than everyone here, and based on your reason and logic, you would fit in perfectly at NoA. The only thing "clear" from NoA is how clueless they are.
Ok? Cool. It won't sell as well as a normal Animal Crossing game that was built from the ground up. This is a continuation so it was likely a lot cheaper to make.

Clear. Yes, very. When sales for this are low, like Nintendo knows they will be since they have actual sales data unlike the small vocal minority claiming otherwise, Nintendo can point to it in the future and not release a "normal-sized" handheld again. I await the "Not fair that Japan gets cool faceplates and we got 3!" discussions.

There are reason why this and the Blue Vita are exclusive to the dying GameStop - big box retailers don't want more variations. GameStop will take anything it can to stay relevant as things go digital in the next few years.

Last edited by a moderator:
Last week I couldn't buy a New Nintendo 3DS. Yesterday I could. That's a victory if I ever saw one.

So no one's talking about that aqua blue Vita? 

And I just spent my credits to get a Lime Green Vita from Japan. 

fuck the US versions. I like the way the JP ones look better. Don't you agree Kickz and Whoknows?

Amen brother!

The jealousy about differences in regional release could be curbed, if only Nintendo would just remove the region-lock on games and systems.  Buuut there's no way they would ever do that. So here we are.

I was unaware Nintendo had set a release date for the NX. Can you point me to that article where a launch date has been announced? Or a picture of the console? What about a price? Launch lineup?

Oh, right, making stuff up.
Confirmation of a next gen console generally marks a decline in sales for the current gen system.

All you need:
http://www.ign.com/articles/2015/06/16/e3-2015-nintendo-wont-talk-about-new-nx-console-until-2016

Here's your... picture:
http://www.neogaf.com/showthread.php?t=1099932

Lel

Good job guys!
The sales will be low if they keep the price up there with the XL & offer zelda XL bundles vs animal crossing regular new 3ds bundle of course the XL is going to wipe the floor in sales when compared together. You have to keep in mind as well that so many have already bought the new 3ds XL that didn't wait that would have purchased the regular one. I have no interest in animal crossing faceplates & the downloadable game so paying $220 for this & then having to order faceplates from an international seller just makes it impossible for me to buy this bundle. System only for $179.99 then I'd be onboard & would possibly be on board with this bundle had it had the plain white faceplates since I really love this color scheme. Nintendo of America's marketing team is a real bunch of bozo's so this points to Reggie since he's the head honcho in the states & he needs to go in my opinion. I don't know who's over Nintendo of Europe but they are light years ahead of the bunch we have over here and Nintendo has really suffered in profit loss due to stupid marketing decisions for the last 5 years at least. NOA is still trying to market towards people who don't exist in large numbers instead of targeting those who grew up with their products which is why the Wii U is at a dismal 10 million units sold in 2.5 years. If someone like me can see this why can't Nintendo? Are they just that stubborn?

pre-ordered a zelda to think about.  Can always cancel if I change my mind much easier than finding one after it's sold out.

pretty soon there will be more models of a 3DS XL you can buy than actual good games

fortunately not a problem for the vita, since it lacks both models and games

A new model/blue colored PSVita... WHY?

Is there a NEW "must have" 1st party game that sony has announced?

Have Sony announced a memorycard price drop?

Is there a firmware update to allow more then 100 active "apps" to be allowed to be installed at the same time?

I very much like my Vita2000 but, seriously the marketing department needs to help fix the idea that this is an abandoned system, and Sony needs to put effort into developing more game for it (and fix many of the small problems... IF they are planing to make money off a new colored Vita.

Has everyone forgotten the Pokemon effect? The Gameboy was all but dead, but suddenly Pokemon jumped onto the system and the system started to sell again.

Almost the same thing goes for the new 3ds/XL, there is ONE exclusive game for the system, and a few enhanced games that take advantage of the added features. Unless you invested in Amiibo there is very little reason to upgrade. My number one reason I wish to upgrade is the fantastic new 3D that adjusts to where my eyes are. Where are the NEW 3DS exclusive games, have any more been announced??

I can't get too excited about these.  The Hyrule looks similar enough (color-wise) to the MM version and I'm not into AC but it is better than the poptart version.  I just went too overboard with the last gen (original 3DS and XLs, must have about 8-10) and my only N3DS is the MM version which is the one I currently use.  I think I'm going to sit out this round.  Thanks for the heads up anyways.

Huh?

There is far more money in a 2DS then a normal-sized 3DS. 1 screen vs 2. No Hinge vs 1. No 3D vs 3D. Can appeal to kids of ALL ages vs must be 8 (?) to use it.

Not sure if you just make stuff up or not, but wow. The 2DS may not be your cup of tea, but Nintendo made it cheap and durable for kids. It's an easy impulse buy at $99MSRP, cheap Black Friday gift and can easily be bundled.

Do you realize how cynical you are? I even sometimes agree with the stuff you say. But the way you communicate makes your message so unlikable. Every time. It must be lonely out there.

So yeah...I pre-ordered the Animal Crossing bundle because my end-game is acquiring a N3DS, preferably in white.

I want Happy Home Designer, but I rather my games in cartridge form, partially because GCU allows me to get it for cheaper.

The cover plates aren't terrible, but I'd likely import a few inexpensive solid colors to use over either design.

I'm honestly hoping that Amazon lists the bundle between now and the 25th; if I could save the $30 that shipping and tax set me back I'd feel much better about the whole thing.

I just took a closer look. Why aren't the analog nubs and the screen colors matching?

OK I'm sure that's a prototype mockup but...come on.

Really amazed they didn't do a Xenoblade New 3ds XL when the 3ds game came out, that would've been a huge cash cow
What we need is a n3DS with artwork from that 90s animated/live action Mario Bros. show.

I just took a closer look. Why aren't the analog nubs and the screen colors matching?

OK I'm sure that's a prototype mockup but...come on.

What we need is a n3DS with artwork from that 90s animated/live action Mario Bros. show.

Wrong wrong wrong. Needs the art of those shitty, I need awesome Zelda games they let someone else make and distribute.

LMAO. i was asking myself why Nintendo would name a 3DS color Blue Vita and then I clicked the link... I honestly thought Sony stopped making them.

Do Gamestop retail locations have the ability to pre-order the Animal Crossing set yet? I figure I could probably save $10 and get it sooner by doing it in-store, but I remember someone mentioning yesterday that they basically got laughed at when they requested the then-nonexistant product.

bread's done
Back