New 3DS Animal Crossing Edition/New 3DS XL Hyrule Gold Edition, & Aqua Blue Vita @ GS

Right? It's so unpopular its sequel's CE sold out on Amazon and the ordinal was ported to the 3DS...
Xenoblade is niche. That's a fact. Nintendo was pretty vocal about how the original or ordinal as you say didn't sell well. The 3DS port isn't selling well either. Also what does XBX's collectors edition selling out at 1 retailer have to do with XBC not being popular enough to have its own custom 3DS bundle? Oh that's right nothing. Dude you have no argument... such an amateur. :wall:

Xenoblade is niche. That's a fact. Nintendo was pretty vocal about how the original or ordinal as you say didn't sell well. The 3DS port isn't selling well either. Also what does XBX's collectors edition selling out at 1 retailer have to do with XBC not being popular enough to have its own custom 3DS bundle? Oh that's right nothing. Dude you have no argument... such an amateur. :wall:
1. Xenoblade 3DS only work on new 3ds system, how many peoples out there knew this new 3ds exist?
2. Xenoblade is wii port. How many peoples will re-buy this game for $40?
3. Xenoblade 3DS should MSRP $29.99 instead $39.99 for old game even wii version still pricey.
4. We are CAG's & Slickdeals CAG's don't pay high price for old game.

I got 2 games for cheap thanks to bby buy1g1 1/2 off :)

Right? It's so unpopular its sequel's CE sold out on Amazon and the ordinal was ported to the 3DS...
Internet semi popular doesn't always translate into sales. Xenoblade Chronicles proved this.

And yet it took a fan petition to get localized in the first place.
Even that didn't really do anything. Nintendo was already in the process of localization when that whole rainfall thing was started.

From the man Reggie himself:

I have to tell you—it doesn’t affect what we do. We certainly look at it, and we’re certainly aware of it, but it doesn’t necessarily affect what we do. I’ll give you an example. I mentioned earlier that our head of product development had a bet on X versus Y—we also had a bet around localizing Xenoblade.

I wanted to bring Xenoblade here. The deal was, how much of a localization effort is it? How many units are we going to sell, are we going to make money? We were literally having this debate while Operation Rainfall was happening, and we were aware that there was interest for the game, but we had to make sure that it was a strong financial proposition.

I’m paid to make sure that we’re driving the business forward—so we’re aware of what’s happening, but in the end we’ve got to do what’s best for the company. The thing we know [about petitions] is that 100,000 signatures doesn’t mean 100,000 sales.

Read more at http://www.siliconera.com/2013/12/04/nintendos-reggie-talks-wii-u-western-development-operation-rainfall/#CfZGHzwLRCemrsDT.99

Zelda will restock-- give it time. It's GameStop they wouldn't pay out for an exclusive and be limited by stock problems on profit making.

1. Xenoblade 3DS only work on new 3ds system, how many peoples out there knew this new 3ds exist?
2. Xenoblade is wii port. How many peoples will re-buy this game for $40?
3. Xenoblade 3DS should MSRP $29.99 instead $39.99 for old game even wii version still pricey.
4. We are CAG's & Slickdeals CAG's don't pay high price for old game.

I got 2 games for cheap thanks to bby buy1g1 1/2 off :)
1. The NEW3DS is selling very well. Check the Media Crate & NPD tracking since it launched.

2. Tons of people (me included) re-bought Ocarina of time & Majora's Mask for $40. Two old games

3. See above

4. We are CAG not slickdeals. Don't confuse the two. Then see # 2 & 3

That's good any chance to save cash is great. :bouncy:

The GBA Micro sold well? Oh wait...

The 360 faceplates were hampered by their cost. The 3DS plates are only $12.50 or so, and people are much more likely to accessorize something they have with them all the time (see: phone cases). Will they sell well? Who knows. Will they make a profit? Yes.
Exactly, people love customizing their phones & with something like nintendo and it's history the possibilities are endless for making your new 3ds rather unique. Personally I just want the all white with nothing making it look gaudy. (hmm, spellcheck seems ok with that)

Zelda will restock-- give it time. It's GameStop they wouldn't pay out for an exclusive and be limited by stock problems on profit making.
Yea and they will include 5 amiibos nobody wants + a digital download of a zelda soundtrack + some lint for $350

Last edited by a moderator:
Yea and they will include 5 amiibos nobody wants + a digital download of a zelda soundtrack + some lint for $350
A restocks a restock.
3lFHq.gif

God damnit.  I snagged the MH4 XL model at launch and now they pull this shit.  I would have waited had I known they were bringing the small model to the US, at the time I could have sworn they were standing by the US is not getting both models statement. 

Really wanting that AC model but money is hard to come by these days, if I sell the MH4 model I'll have to deal with my digital content and probably lose money.  Nerd rage!!!

I know people are saying the Zelda will be rarer, but I feel like the AC model will be. Especially due to the face plates. I seriously doubt them ever selling the ones from this bundle on their own

God damnit. I snagged the MH4 XL model at launch and now they pull this shit. I would have waited had I known they were bringing the small model to the US, at the time I could have sworn they were standing by the US is not getting both models statement.

Really wanting that AC model but money is hard to come by these days, if I sell the MH4 model I'll have to deal with my digital content and probably lose money. Nerd rage!!!
Keep it, dude. The MH4 N3DS is the nicest looking one of the LE bunch.

Granted, a lot of faceplates sold out since the announcement. KK Slider was in stock for months, and is now sold out, for example.
I bought the KK Slider one with no intention of this 3DS version coming stateside. Glad I did now though.

new-nintendo-3ds-cover-plates-no-041-animal-crossing-totakeke-387489.1.jpg

I do hope they bring this one stateside though.

0510.jpg

Hopefully if Nintendo was smart they'd release plates around the time a related game comes out. Just hopefully it doesnt end up Amiibo 2.0

For now I'll probably just import the Fire Emblem one, the Kirby one that looks wooden, and maybe the Pokemon ORAS one.

They couldn't get that screen border on the Vita to also be a different color?  The hell?

Strange stuff that the Vita is getting an alternate color at this point, considering it was looking a lot like Sony completely forgot they even make them.

BTW, some of the ones that said sold out on Amiami earlier are now saying backorder. KK Slider and the Nook nephews, for example.

Just go on Amazon for faceplates, they have a bunch still. I bough kk, Timmy & Tommy and the Fire emblem plates all for $20 and under for each. And free shipping. That simple! : ~ )

Just go on Amazon for faceplates, they have a bunch still. I bough kk, Timmy & Tommy and the Fire emblem plates all for $20 and under for each. And free shipping. That simple! : ~ )
My question is what about the standard faceplates that come on the white new 3ds? Animal crossing is ok and all but I like my systems like I like my marshmellows, plain white.

My question is what about the standard faceplates that come on the white new 3ds? Animal crossing is ok and all but I like my systems like I like my marshmellows, plain white.
Plain white??! You need a bit of burnt part on that marsh.

Not even in Japan they sell the basic white or black faceplates separately, but I'm hoping they eventually do in NA for that minimalist look!

Well shit. Looked but didnt see them for sale, seemed sold out everywhere I checked.

Meh. I refuse to edit my statement.
They came out a while ago in JP.

I do hope they bring this one stateside though.

0510.jpg
Wow, I like Isabella but that one's far better.

The light color of the blue vita just makes the welded on screen stick out even more on the vita 2000. So ugly.

The black bezel is so weird, they didn't do that on the one's with a white front.

C'mon guys, you know nobody will buy face plates, they can't possibly be backordered. Gizmo the dipshit even said so in this very thread. :whistle2:

Gonna price compare the cover plates I want between Nippon-Yaman, Play-Asia, AmiAmi, and Amazon this weekend to figure out where I should buy from.

Snatched up the standard n3DS as soon as pre-orders went up. Not really sure why people are going crazy over the n3DS XL Hyrule model when this exists: http://www.bestbuy.com/site/pdp-clip-armor-for-new-nintendo-3ds-xl-tloz-forest-green/5205356.p?id=1219647460780&skuId=5205356
Gotta love this line in the product description:

The The Legend of Zelda-inspired design provides a stylish look that lets you showcase your fandom for one of the world's most famous plumbers.

I just called a store and AC bundle is still available. Not a big fan of AC which is great so I am not compelled to purchase cards or amiibo. I have the MH and MM new 3ds b/ the smaller size and buttons. Decisions, decisions real world problems.

The Animal Crossings bundle is sold out online now. Good thing I preordered mine in store yesteday!!

Can't wat to get more plates to switch them around. Any word if they are going to have Naruto plates?

Blue Vita is disappointingly not as nice looking as I was hoping, but I see that it's officially $200 now (minus Borderlands 2 of course). As for the Hyrule Gold 3DS, it makes me feel a little better that I have a better choice when I couldn't get the MM3D one, but I might just prefer the standard size one now. Can't decide whether I want the XL because it's less portable and the screen is still bigger on the standard size model than on the previous one.

Anyone still looking I just cancelled my online order for the Zelda 3ds XL and AC bundle since I dont like the idea of paying a total of $16 to ship then. I still have my instore preorders. Not sure if GS puts them back into inventory for online sales.

I was able to preorder the Hyrule Gold Edition instore, no problem! Although I must admit, I have a problem. I already own a Majora's Mask edition system...

bread's done
Back