New 3DS Animal Crossing Edition/New 3DS XL Hyrule Gold Edition, & Aqua Blue Vita @ GS

Do Gamestop retail locations have the ability to pre-order the Animal Crossing set yet? I figure I could probably save $10 and get it sooner by doing it in-store, but I remember someone mentioning yesterday that they basically got laughed at when they requested the then-nonexistant product.
Just did it. 50$ down.

I can justify the AC bundle way more than the Zelda one personally. Especially since I would have prefered the N3DS at launch.

There was a clear reason why Nintendo did not bring the normal-sized 3DS to the US. We don't want them. A Small, annoying minority threw a hissy fit and Nintendo made it a (LOL) GameStop exclusive (likely re-using unsold systems from overseas). Now you guys get to pay $220 for it with Animal Crossing. VICTORY!!!!
Ok? Cool. It won't sell as well as a normal Animal Crossing game that was built from the ground up. This is a continuation so it was likely a lot cheaper to make.

Clear. Yes, very. When sales for this are low, like Nintendo knows they will be since they have actual sales data unlike the small vocal minority claiming otherwise, Nintendo can point to it in the future and not release a "normal-sized" handheld again. I await the "Not fair that Japan gets cool faceplates and we got 3!" discussions.

There are reason why this and the Blue Vita are exclusive to the dying GameStop - big box retailers don't want more variations. GameStop will take anything it can to stay relevant as things go digital in the next few years.
I don't understand why you're so butthurt that Nintendo is releasing the normal sized New 3DS. So where is the link to this being Gamestop exclusive again since you have this elaborate theory worked up?

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't understand why you're so butthurt that Nintendo is releasing the normal sized New 3DS. So where is the link to this being Gamestop exclusive again since you have this elaborate theory worked up?
haha, I remember those threads when they released the N3DSXL. I think there were more than a few who wanted the smaller versions and replaceable faceplates. I'm not one of them but I agree, there's no reason to get upset about N bringing over the smaller N3DS over and offering another variant. Consider it a test run and if you're not interested, don't buy.

haha, I remember those threads when they released the N3DSXL. I think there were more than a few who wanted the smaller versions and replaceable faceplates. I'm not one of them but I agree, there's no reason to get upset about N bringing over the smaller N3DS over and offering another variant. Consider it a test run and if you're not interested, don't buy.
Now the only real question is, why the fuck didn't they just do swappable faceplates on the XL?

I think the smaller version was always coming to the states, but the way Nintendo rolled it out in the US they knew early adopters would settle for the XL (and may still end up with the regular n3DS later) and not only were they able to clear out the remaining regular sized 3DS stock in the US, but they were able to keep enough units for the other territories and will be able to release the regular n3DS in the US while still delivering enough stock to all regions. Sucks hard for Americans who wanted the regular sized n3DS but it makes a ton of sense form Nintendo's standpoint.

So they can have at least one model that requires people to buy all new systems when they release a special edition. :)
Do you have any idea how many returns they'll get when people buy faceplates for the XL as it stands? Now imagine if there are two different sizes of face plates. It would be chaos.

Pre-ordered the AC bundle in-store. Curious if anyone knows or has heard if they will do that $100 trade in for any 3DS? I have a purple 3DS that I'd like to unload since I have no use for it.

About time they release the new smaller 3ds with changeable faceplate.

I got a 3ds xl from kmart and just got a new 3ds xl black from Best Buy due to price matching. Im tempted for the zelda, but looks like they are milking it too much. (learn the hard way when getting a zelda black 3ds regular) dont get me wrong, I got it used on Cowboom long ago for $80 and had it repaired the whole top screen due to pixels. now, its sitting doing nothing. 

For the vita, Im shocked that its still being made. I dont see any marketing for the system and barely hear anything new related to games.

I may get one down the road cheap. Anyone that has a vita, how is the gameplay with the thumbsticks? Can u plug it to tv for full screen play kinda like the psp?

TV on the Vita is via the VITA TV. Two thumbsticks works fine. It's probably the finest portable hardware ever made but sadly the overall support is, and has been, quite lacking. I love it but with the support issue and the absurd pricing for the memory it's only worth it if you look through the current library and find enough titles that pique your interest.

Swappable faceplates? Not sure why everyone wants to act like an 8 year old girl

I'm glad my "adult" console doesn't have faceplates.
I'm not sure if you are being sarcastic or are just dumb.

Personalization of property is the easiest way to make money hand over fist that I can think of. You are probably just being sarcastic, if you were stupid enough to actually hold that opinion you couldn't get online...

Nintendo and it's fans are about as healthy together as Bobbi and Whitney
One of the best quotes I've ever seen on the web, SO TRUE!

I think the smaller version was always coming to the states, but the way Nintendo rolled it out in the US they knew early adopters would settle for the XL (and may still end up with the regular n3DS later) and not only were they able to clear out the remaining regular sized 3DS stock in the US, but they were able to keep enough units for the other territories and will be able to release the regular n3DS in the US while still delivering enough stock to all regions. Sucks hard for Americans who wanted the regular sized n3DS but it makes a ton of sense form Nintendo's standpoint.
If this was their plan all along, they couldn't say anything months ago? This shit is fuck up no matter how you look at it. "N" just doesn't seem to care much.

While there aren't a lot of new physical games for the Vita anymore, it's a haven for retro and indie gaming.

But yeah, you're gonna have to shell out for a memory card. Some PM at Sony probably thought they could get some extra revenue by making Vita buyers buy Memory Sticks, but instead they just hobbled those high-margin PSN purchases by making it too expensive to get a lot of storage.

Anyone that has a vita, how is the gameplay with the thumbsticks?
Passable. Not as good as full-size thumbsticks. And at least on the OLED model, I can't play fighting games on the d-pad without accidentally hitting the left thumbstick.

Passable. Not as good as full-size thumbsticks. And at least on the OLED model, I can't play fighting games on the d-pad without accidentally hitting the left thumbstick.
Yeah the short throw makes them a little fidgety for games that require more precision and I always seem to hit the touch screen with my thumb. Mostly been an issue with PS4 games that aren't tuned for them though I had a hard time playing the Vita version of MLB with analog controls.

Vita is dead unless you into retro & indie games. I bet sony will clear out vita this black friday maybe $100 or less and ps tv as well. Just waits instead drop $200 for color vita.

Can anyone confirm if the Animal Crossing n3ds is SKU 800? I preordered it when it was just a placeholder (it was the right price with $50 down). I just want to make sure I'm preordering the right one!

I wanted to like the Blue Vita, but I really don't :( 

Not getting the n3DS yet, but glad it's hear. I will be picking up some face plates as they release ones I like in anticipation of getting one at some point. I already own way to many 3ds consoles for now though. 

Can anyone confirm if the Animal Crossing n3ds is SKU 800? I preordered it when it was just a placeholder (it was the right price with $50 down). I just want to make sure I'm preordering the right one!
Yeah, mine was the same. I've had GS use several "placeholder" SKU's over the years, and I've never had any issues.

I'm not sure if you are being sarcastic or are just dumb.

Personalization of property is the easiest way to make money hand over fist that I can think of. You are probably just being sarcastic, if you were stupid enough to actually hold that opinion you couldn't get online...
GBA Micro faceplates and Xbox 360 faceplates sold really well?

Oh, wait....

Oh, wait....
The GBA Micro sold well? Oh wait...

The 360 faceplates were hampered by their cost. The 3DS plates are only $12.50 or so, and people are much more likely to accessorize something they have with them all the time (see: phone cases). Will they sell well? Who knows. Will they make a profit? Yes.

The GBA Micro sold well? Oh wait...

The 360 faceplates were hampered by their cost. The 3DS plates are only $12.50 or so, and people are much more likely to accessorize something they have with them all the time (see: phone cases). Will they sell well? Who knows. Will they make a profit? Yes.
They had faceplates. Those faceplates didn't sell.

Xbox 360 faceplates were $10-$20, some of them free for pre-ordering a game. (I got one with Full Auto)

How many men regular switch out their phone cases? Now, how many 8 year old girls?

"Today I feel like showing my Ace Attorney faceplate. Maybe tomorrow everyone will know I like Goombas!".

I await the "Target only has 3 faceplates! Not fair Japan gets 100". Or "Amiibo scalping 2.0"

They had faceplates. Those faceplates didn't sell.

Xbox 360 faceplates were $10-$20, some of them free for pre-ordering a game. (I got one with Full Auto)

How many men regular switch out their phone cases? Now, how many 8 year old girls?

"Today I feel like showing my Ace Attorney faceplate. Maybe tomorrow everyone will know I like Goombas!".

I await the "Target only has 3 faceplates! Not fair Japan gets 100". Or "Amiibo scalping 2.0"
Who gives a shit if people complain? The main thing is that it's now going to be available. The plates can be imported without difficulty, unlike the system that needed them.

Why are we trying to supplement an argument by comparing adults to kids? I wear a different watch every day. People wear different earrings. Hell, Miche built a business on being able to change out purse shells. People change out watch bands on a daily basis. You're talking to people who have multiple special edition 3DS XLs here, multiple Amiibos of the same flavor with different colors. You have a family that has a need for multiple 3DS, it's a much easier way to sort them out, particularly if a case isn't wanted.

The move to bring the smaller 3DS here has almost no downside. Almost no advertising is done on the 3DS line at all, and packaging should be fairly minimal. I don't get the complaining.

Sorry, the blue looks better.

*runs*
Wrong answer.

Get both

DZyxZgmcbC264.gif
Correct answer.

Oh, wait....
To my knowledge Nintendo never sold faceplates at retailers for the Game Boy Micro outside of replacements on their online store. You got what came with your system and that was it.

While there aren't a lot of new physical games for the Vita anymore, it's a haven for retro and indie gaming.

But yeah, you're gonna have to shell out for a memory card. Some PM at Sony probably thought they could get some extra revenue by making Vita buyers buy Memory Sticks, but instead they just hobbled those high-margin PSN purchases by making it too expensive to get a lot of storage.

The Vita memory cards are all about controlling piracy. Devs wouldn't make games for it if it became PSP 2.0. 70 M unit sales & no PSP game made it to 5 M in sales. Worst attach rate for any mass produced system made this century.

But the cost of said memory cards killed the system outside of hardcore Sony/JRPG/Indie fans. Best bet is to wait for a sale on the 32 GB card (GS has done it the last few holiday periods for $50) or one of the Groupon/Play Asia deals for the 64 GB card for $75-$85.

Of course the Hyrule are gone to flippers on EBAY now. fawk Nintendo/Gamestop.

I bet the Zelda n3DS XL's are going to get a restock eventually. I can't really say the same for the regular sized model, though. Scalpers will have their fun for a little bit until supply comes back up!

bread's done
Back