New 3DS Animal Crossing Edition/New 3DS XL Hyrule Gold Edition, & Aqua Blue Vita @ GS

Just saw this - and now it looks like it is unavailable already (the Zelda one).  I want a new XL but don't want black or red so this would have been perfect.  Are they taking preorders in store?

I only got the XL, because of the whole "this will never come out in the US" stance they took on the smaller version. I don't want an AC model, but I'm a little pissed that they back-pedaled.
I always assumed we would see it. With the 2DS at $99 they need a 3ds SKU in the 140ish range for the Holiday season.

Before anyone says they didn't announce a stand alone smaller 3ds blah blah I am assuming here. I also get this MSRP by subtracting $80 due to 2 faceplates and a download code for Animal Crossing that's included. Again all an assumption on my part....

Last edited by a moderator:
Was told in-store preorders for the AC system start tomorrow. Might be the same with the LoZ system as well. This is at the Newpark Mall GS in Newark, CA.

Just saw this - and now it looks like it is unavailable already (the Zelda one). I want a new XL but don't want black or red so this would have been perfect. Are they taking preorders in store?
I just got back from pre ordering at my local gamestop, employee said only 10 per store. This was in Santa Rosa Ca btw

Just saw this - and now it looks like it is unavailable already (the Zelda one). I want a new XL but don't want black or red so this would have been perfect. Are they taking preorders in store?
I cant believe it is not online without the bundle already. I just pre-ordered one in the store trying to save $8 shipping. Now I dont know if I should cancel the online preorder from earlier today but at least I have almost 2 months to think about it.

I cant believe it is not online without the bundle already. I just pre-ordered one in the store trying to save $8 shipping. Now I dont know if I should cancel the online preorder from earlier today but at least I have almost 2 months to think about it.
I just saw that the bundle is available. I just want it without the game so I'll see if I can get that in store or online later.

I put down $50 pre-ordered aound 8pm central time. Not anyone hear about it unless they read the memo with sku #.

Available SKU 900
117419 002/00

Good luck :)

WHY IS THE ZELDA ONE UPSIDE DOWN?

GODDAMNIT, NINTENDO, YOU'RE APPARENTLY AWARE OF THE FACT PEOPLE OPEN THESE, WHY CAN'T YOU BE CONSISTENT ABOUT IT?

Will the Hyrule Gold be rare like the Majoras Mask?
If your question is, "should I buy this in hopes that I can flip it for more later," then no. Chances are you make $50, lose $50, or break even. Wait until the Xenoblade Chronicles X Special Edition comes back in stock and buy a bunch of those if you want a guaranteed profit for the future.

Man, I'm totally broke now. I couldn't control myself and ordered all 3 handhelds. There goes all my GS credit haha. Pretty sure I'll have to have the LoZ, but I'm still thinking over the AC and the Blue Vita. At least I have some time to consider them.

Whew! Can I afford to go to sleep now? Actually, it's more like: can I afford to stay awake? XD

The fuck is happening today, so much shit going up for pre-order.

Either way, make a Red one of these and I'm sold
Looks like they also just put up three GS exclusive Wiimote Pluses including Yoshi, Bowser and Toad with two releasing a week from Friday. I believe the Yoshi one was released in Japan and Europe previously and the other two were released in Japan.

Still not interested until they confirm that all devices have an IPS screen, I'd rather not end up with the TN panel again.

When I heard the announcement I immediately went to GS to get the Animal Crosing new3ds preordered for the SO. Apparently the Animal Crossing one was a placeholder though? It's SKU 800, so I hope it's the right one. I put $50 down on it.

I just want a standard white new 3ds with super famicom colored buttons, is this too much too ask?
For NoA, yes it is to much to ask, they suck a$$. I'm all for bundles, but at least release a "barebones" unit for those who don't want this game and bundle set. NoA does shit like this because they can.

The fuck is happening today, so much shit going up for pre-order.

Either way, make a Red one of these and I'm sold
Today is the start of the GS managers conference here in Vegas, so everything GS is discussed and announced. That's why we are getting all this info at one time.

2598hmx.jpg

I love you, man! You're on a roll tonight!

FINALLY THE YOSHI WIIMOTE IS MIIINE!!!

Being a big fan of yoshi, I suppose I will have to pre-order one of those Wii-motes. I'll need to get another Hori battle pad to go with it for some MK8/Smash local co-op. 

That aqua blue ps vita looks very nice but $199.99? Eh I'll pass.

And those new 3ds XL's are nice too. If only they would have more games on it besides Xenoblade. (Already have the Pokemon Blue 3ds XL).

WHY IS THE ZELDA ONE UPSIDE DOWN?

GODDAMNIT, NINTENDO, YOU'RE APPARENTLY AWARE OF THE FACT PEOPLE OPEN THESE, WHY CAN'T YOU BE CONSISTENT ABOUT IT?
You can open them?

Edit: A vanilla Vita for $200? Am I missing something? It is at least a bundle with a Hannah Montana game or something?

meeeehhhhhhh.... i buy all the zelda DS systems but not sure if i want this one. Looks ok, but the game is kinda crap. Not sure if i want to spend that much just to throw it on the shelf with my other zelda systems in their box. If i was going to use it maybe, but since Nintendo doesn't know how the internet or user accounts work, im stuck with using my fire emblem 3ds as my main system

I skimmed the first few pages, the zelda one is a GS exlusive right? If it was coming to Best Buy or something id use some rewards points on it.

That aqua blue vitas nice but i think $200 for just a vita is a bit much these days

Of course, right after I buy the XL, they bring the faceplate model to America.

That price is a bit steep, no? The standard XL is $200, but the smaller model with a game bundlesmtpout.secureserver.netd in is $220? Nintendo playing hardball.
Assuming the game is worth $40 and the cover plates are roughly $10 each, that makes the N3DS $160.

Assuming the game is worth $40 and the cover plates are roughly $10 each, that makes the N3DS $160.
It's just unfortunate that people are being made to buy stuff they may not want to get the system. Hopefully NOA gives some clear information on how/if the system will be otherwise available.

It's just unfortunate that people are being made to buy stuff they may not want to get the system. Hopefully NOA gives some clear information on how/if the system will be otherwise available.
I agree, it's not the most appealing package, but between that and not being able to buy the N3DS at all, this beggar won't be a chooser.

Every damn time!  Every time I get a new hand held console, the special Zelda edition comes out and I won't have freaking money for it.  I swear, Nintendo looks at my buying activity and is like "Okay, Roninalchemist bought one, we can release the one he'd REALLY want instead!"  

Damnit, Nintendo.

I agree, it's not the most appealing package, but between that and not being able to buy the N3DS at all, this beggar won't be a chooser.
Yeah, I just wanted the all white unit, but this will have to work, and dealing with NoA, we're lucky to have this. LOL

is GS convention held at PAX?
No, it's an annual event they hold once a year. Last year it was in Anaheim I believe, and two years ago it was in Vegas. Vegas seems to be their most used spot, as it ROCKS. I wish E3 would leave LA, as it sucks, and move to Vegas as well.

Anyway, yesterday was the managers conference, today is the trade show for managers ONLY, and tomorrow, it is the trade show again, but open to the public, for a fee of course. I went two years ago when it was here, and while it wasn't bad, it is way over crowded, and way over priced for one days worth of show. There was some decent swag and tournaments, and I paid for the cost by selling my swag, but this year the prices where up, and it didn't look worth my time.

I used to go to CES in the early 90's, and E3 when it started(95), so I've been to great shows that weren't overflowing with the dregs of humanity. LOL

No Pikachu Remote I'll pass on those and continue dreaming. Still thinking about grabbing that animal crossing new 3ds but just having trouble paying extra for a game that I don't want. 

bread's done
Back