New 3DS Animal Crossing Edition/New 3DS XL Hyrule Gold Edition, & Aqua Blue Vita @ GS

Hello Kitty can be considered a non-Nintendo one

CNLrM60XAAAULt4.png
I meant non-bootlegs.

Edit: I guess they're unreleased European coverplates. But still, none of the released ones have been non-Nintendo.

Last edited by a moderator:
You can buy a game for that price.

On second thought you can't. Not really.

Man Nintendo stuff is expensive.
Agreed. Still its a Fire Emblem Faceplate, I'd rather get it now than wait for the price/rarity hike in the next month or two, as I seriously doubt we will get it here (And if we did, it'd be like FE Amiibo level rarity)

And nevermind I guess. Either they only had a few to sell, or they realized they were underpriced and pulled it.

Are these preorders still available in store?
Call your local store, as GS may a set number per store. So where one might not have any left, another might. But sometimes they cut off pre-orders company wide like they did with the Amiibo 3-pack.

I'm seeing quite a few of them listed for around $22 right now.
Check the shipping and shipping prices on almost all of them though. They are either being imported from Japan via snail mail and wont arrive till like October 5th-30th, or costs way more after you factor in the expedited shipping price.

I ended up pre-ordering HHD 3ds bundle in store with $50 down. For those that have pre-ordered in store, how long do I have to pick up the item? I just realized I will be out of town on the 25th and do not want them to cancel my pre-order or sell it to someone else.

If I recall it might be 48 hours but I'm not sure. I have been using GCU for my game purchases and best buy will hold an item for a full week but gamestop is different.

I ended up pre-ordering HHD 3ds bundle in store with $50 down. For those that have pre-ordered in store, how long do I have to pick up the item? I just realized I will be out of town on the 25th and do not want them to cancel my pre-order or sell it to someone else.

If I recall it might be 48 hours but I'm not sure. I have been using GCU for my game purchases and best buy will hold an item for a full week but gamestop is different.
48 hrs is how long they're supposed to hold it for but usually they're pretty lenient, especially if you know the staff at your store (especially since you put down a good amount of money). If I were worried, I'd ask them to hold it and tell them your situation. I remember a manager told me once that they couldn't sell my preordered Zelda 3DS XL console since I paid it off in full so maybe pay off the balance?

Yeah, it's normally 48hrs. I would call and talk to the manager, and explain, and he should be willing to work with you. As stated above, paying in full may secure your order, but they could still sale it, I'm not to sure on how that works.

A friend of mine manages a GS location, so anytime I have these kinds of situations, I order at his store, as I can contact him anytime, and he'll hold items as long as I need him to. Most places are pretty good, but a lot of employees are clueless, and anything can happen at anytime.

that blue vita... i mean the blue is gorgeous, but wtf is the designer thinking with that big black frame of the screen?????????

Just purchased the Kyary Pamyu Pamyu cover plate from eBay for $20 w/ Free Shipping in anticipation of the New 3DS in a few weeks.

image_plate_052.jpg

I had my eye on the Kirby design as well, but I passed on it for now because it'll likely be more readily available in the future, whereas the Kyary plate may hit "Hard to Find" status sooner than later.

I don't think that's the case. I see the poster listed as a pre-order bonus on the game itself and the NFC reader bundle, but not on the N3DS Hardware bundle.

Just realized that for those of us who pre-ordered the AC bundle, we also get this poster...

animal-crossing-poster.jpg
I don't think that's the case. I see the poster listed as a pre-order bonus on the game itself and the NFC reader bundle, but not on the N3DS Hardware bundle.

Yeah I wouldn't expect it on the bundle. I didn't get the Zelda Oracle download code when I bought the Link Between Worlds XL bundle. YMMV on whether they'll accommodate you though. My Gamestop knows me well enough that they were willing to print out a code for me regardless.

The closest Gamestop to me that I frequent the most, said they will hold one of these posters for me, along with one of the Super Mario Maker ones.

The employees there are pretty laid back and great to deal with. They'll throw me a poster or something every now and then if I ask.

They we're nice enough to give me their big Super Mario Maker store display poster earlier (looks fucking amazing). It's little things like that why they get my business and make me want to shop there.

For those wanting the poster with their AC bundle, just ask them ahead of time if they would be willing to put one aside for you when you pick it up. More than likely they won't mind doing it.

I was actually just joking about the AC poster. As much as I enjoy the AC series, hanging something like this up just isn't my thing. If I had kids I could see, but ya not something I want.

that blue vita... i mean the blue is gorgeous, but wtf is the designer thinking with that big black frame of the screen?????????
Why would Sony want to spend the extra 30 cents to get color matched ones when they can just use existing stock? No one will every notice.

Probably depend on your store. They'll likely just get a big roll of them and have extras anyway.

Check the shipping and shipping prices on almost all of them though. They are either being imported from Japan via snail mail and wont arrive till like October 5th-30th, or costs way more after you factor in the expedited shipping price.
You may be right about the shipping speed, but since the system itself doesn't come out until the end of the month the wait isn't really that bad.

Any idea where one could get New 3DS screen protectors? Checking on Amazon and only XL or Regular 3DS model ones show up. Checked AmiAmi and basically everything is sold out or on backorder (And I'm not sure how long backorders take to ship)

Not sure if any U.S retailers are selling them, and I was pretty sure the N3DS screen was bigger than the old 3DS screen.

Also just saw this

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00NAW5VGS?psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=od_aui_detailpages00

15$ with Prime. Was 13 when I posted and brought it, guess the seller is slowly raising the price or something.

I was actually just joking about the AC poster. As much as I enjoy the AC series, hanging something like this up just isn't my thing. If I had kids I could see, but ya not something I want.
My 9 year old daughter would straight up shank a dude for that poster. I'm getting the bundle for her and she'd die if I can score her the poster too. off to Gamestop tomorrow to see if I can work some magic (pronounced Ma-jeek).

I was able to preorder the Hyrule Gold 3DS in store on Sunday no problem.   I haven't been keeping up with this thread since the first day or two (when the online preorders were for the bundle only and everyone said the in-store preorders would be extremely limited).  They thought Sunday was the last day to preorder FWIW.

What sucks is that I won't have enough credit to cover it, especially if I pick up my Taken King CE next week.  I hate the thought of paying real cash money to GS - haven't done that, ever, I think...  I'll have an extra 3DS after all of this too.  Maybe they'll have a trade-in deal like they did for the new 3DS a few weeks ago ($100 for a regular 3DS).  But I kind of doubt it...

Any idea where one could get New 3DS screen protectors? Checking on Amazon and only XL or Regular 3DS model ones show up. Checked AmiAmi and basically everything is sold out or on backorder (And I'm not sure how long backorders take to ship)

Not sure if any U.S retailers are selling them, and I was pretty sure the N3DS screen was bigger than the old 3DS screen.
You'll have to search the import shops, and try to get lucky. I got mine last year from yesasia along with a carry case and wooden plate set. Play Asia sales them as well. I can't imagine everyone is sold out.

Hori is pretty good about releasing screen protectors and other accessories right at or before release. I'm sure they'll have these within the next few weeks, but depending on how well "N" notified 3rd parties about this release, it may or may not happen. Normally if it does, they sale out quick, so keep an eye out, and order quick if you see them online.

This has also been out in the UK for awhile, so maybe try their Amazon or game shops, and you may be bale to import from there as well. I wanted this model 3DS since they first announced it, so I bought everything I needed as soon as they went up. I thought I was actually going to have to sale everything due to NoA being the only operation to release this unit, but I guess it all worked out in the end.

I was able to preorder the Hyrule Gold 3DS in store on Sunday no problem. I haven't been keeping up with this thread since the first day or two (when the online preorders were for the bundle only and everyone said the in-store preorders would be extremely limited). They thought Sunday was the last day to preorder FWIW.

What sucks is that I won't have enough credit to cover it, especially if I pick up my Taken King CE next week. I hate the thought of paying real cash money to GS - haven't done that, ever, I think... I'll have an extra 3DS after all of this too. Maybe they'll have a trade-in deal like they did for the new 3DS a few weeks ago ($100 for a regular 3DS). But I kind of doubt it...
I'm hoping they have that $100 trade-in deal as well.

This came in the mail today.....my Amiibo addiction is finally nearing its end and a new one is beginning. Please help me.

6SkvRDc.jpg

Got the Yian Kut Ku and Mario Moustache set coming in this week too (Since I nabbed both on Amazon for under 15$)

I'm about to buy screen protectors, a charge cradle, a cover plate, and a carrying case from Nippon-Yasan, but Shipping is like $20. Ugh.

I'm about to buy screen protectors, a charge cradle, a cover plate, and a carrying case from Nippon-Yasan, but Shipping is like $20. Ugh.
Yeesh. And thanks for reminding me I need all of those things now too....

I just can't really see Nintendo or many other companies releasing too many accessories for it, unless they do a surprise launch of the solo unit. Can't see there being enough bundle buyers to justify a full line of products at the moment.

I can find everything on Amazon except for the screen protectors, but I wish I could get them to ship all in one box instead of trying to track a half-dozen packages. I'm tempted to just bite the bullet and call the $20 a convenience fee.

I can find everything on Amazon except for the screen protectors, but I wish I could get them to ship all in one box instead of trying to track a half-dozen packages. I'm tempted to just bite the bullet and call the $20 a convenience fee.
I would mainly want everything to arrive by release day, so if I could get that for $20, I would personally do it. I've had all my supplies since the Japanese and Australian release was announced last year, and I've been pissed off looking at this stuff ever since. Damn you NoA, you slow basterds. LOL

Yeah, convenience fee beats having to wait weeks for that stuff to arrive. Looking through AmiAmi's stuff and hoping I can find most of what I need there. Already found some backordered screen protectors that should arrive before or right around launch, now to look for a case.

I'm looking for the thinnest case I can possibly get away with, since the system is in my pocket at all times. I went through Club Nintendo pouches which were perfect until they respectively got a little ratty.

I'm currently using this Hori Zipper Pouch but I'm concerned that it's not going to be big enough for the N3DS.

71Z4oVsM%2BkL._SL600_.jpg

I'll probably try to cut a piece of cardboard to the size of the N3DS tonight to test it out and see...no sense in buying a new case if I don't need to.

The size difference between the N3DS and 3DS are apparently only about 8mm lengthwise and 6 heightwise.

Seems like it should easily fit into a case that isnt made of hard plastic or rubber or anything.

So what's better? The smaller new 3DS? Or the XL? I've been using a 3DS XL for a while and I preordered one of each of the new ones, but not sure which to go with.

So what's better? The smaller new 3DS? Or the XL? I've been using a 3DS XL for a while and I preordered one of each of the new ones, but not sure which to go with.
I originally went from the DS Lite, to the DSi XL, and that was cool at the time. Then I went to the 3DS, which I never cared for, not really from the size, but the corners and edges where just poorly thought out. So as soon as the XL arrived, I moved up. While I like the XL, I have small hands, and when using the shoulder buttons or playing for long periods of time, it just gets uncomfortable rather quickly.

So when "N" announced the NEW 3DS, I was really looking forward to the standard size unit, as it wasn't as big as the XL, but not as small as the OG 3DS(more of a medium size option). Sadly, since we didn't get it here when we should have, I went with the N3DS XL. Once again, not a bad machine, but the same issues I had with the regular XL are even worse here, due to having two extra shoulder buttons.

While I haven't personally used the standard size 3DS yet, just based on the opinions and reviews from those who have, I really believe this will be the best fit for me personally. I also love the white color scheme along with the colored buttons, as this has always been my favorite "N" layout for any system, so for me, the standard N3DS is a win/win.

So I printed out the exact N3DS size onto paper and it looks like it's going to fit the aforementioned case so I'm probably gonna hold off for now. No sense in dropping the cash on a new case if I don't have to.

I originally went from the DS Lite, to the DSi XL, and that was cool at the time. Then I went to the 3DS, which I never cared for, not really from the size, but the corners and edges where just poorly thought out. So as soon as the XL arrived, I moved up. While I like the XL, I have small hands, and when using the shoulder buttons or playing for long periods of time, it just gets uncomfortable rather quickly.

So when "N" announced the NEW 3DS, I was really looking forward to the standard size unit, as it wasn't as big as the XL, but not as small as the OG 3DS(more of a medium size option). Sadly, since we didn't get it here when we should have, I went with the N3DS XL. Once again, not a bad machine, but the same issues I had with the regular XL are even worse here, due to having two extra shoulder buttons.

While I haven't personally used the standard size 3DS yet, just based on the opinions and reviews from those who have, I really believe this will be the best fit for me personally. I also love the white color scheme along with the colored buttons, as this has always been my favorite "N" layout for any system, so for me, the standard N3DS is a win/win.
I've gone through every nintendo handheld imaginable. I always thought the 3ds was just about the perfect size but a bit bigger screens would make it perfect (not as big as the XL though since image looks pixelated to me) & I never was too fond of the clicky type buttons on the 3ds I much prefer the mushy nes/snes feel. I'm thinking this standard new 3ds will be perfect & I agree I've always preferred white nintendo systems.

My SO is going to love the AC bundle! She's never played animal crossing but has always been interested in playing it so I hope she doesn't likes it :D I also just ordered the cutest pink faceplates off amazon (no.025) and will order AC:NL (along with a charger-_-).

The best part is that she has no idea it's coming :D

bread's done
Back