New 3DS Animal Crossing Edition/New 3DS XL Hyrule Gold Edition, & Aqua Blue Vita @ GS

I have a in-store pre-order but I'm frankly probably gonna let it stay because I really want the thing in launch day, even though Amazon would save me like $20 in taxes.

Dang maybe I should cancel GS so I can use Redcard. Decisions, decisions
Normally Target only gets 1-5 of these LE units per store, so depending on demand at release, you may or may not have issues getting one. I pretty sure you should at least be able to find a few locally, so I woudn't worry to much, but just a heads up so you know whats possible.

Dang maybe I should cancel GS so I can use Redcard. Decisions, decisions
Well that's made things more difficult

Amazon: $219.99, Arrival Date Est. 9/28
Target: $227.27 (After Red Card Discount & Tax), Pickup Date 9/25 (Not Guaranteed)
Gamestop: $239.24 (After Tax), Pickup Date 9/25 (Guaranteed)

Amazon is the cheapest, but I won't be able to play it until early-to-mid next week, Target is about $8 more, but I'm not guaranteed to get my hands on one, depending on who decides to line up outside the store, and Gamestop is the most expensive, but my name is one one and I'll get able to get it day 1 without issue.

Man oh man this is a hard one.

Well that's made things more difficult

Amazon: $219.99, Arrival Date Est. 9/28
Target: $227.27 (After Red Card Discount & Tax), Pickup Date 9/25 (Not Guaranteed)
Gamestop: $239.24 (After Tax), Pickup Date 9/25 (Guaranteed)

Amazon is the cheapest, but I won't be able to play it until early-to-mid next week, Target is about $8 more, but I'm not guaranteed to get my hands on one, depending on who decides to line up outside the store, and Gamestop is the most expensive, but my name is one one and I'll get able to get it day 1 without issue.

Man oh man this is a hard one.
Listen to your cheapass heart :-({|=

That's assuming we don't have a Pikachu 3DSXL-level immediate sellout.
There was a sale that week that everyone wanted to price match, it was also the first "white" XL released here, and it's Pokemon based. That was the "perfect storm" at the time. I don't think this will be that crazy, but it could happen, who knows?

Last edited by a moderator:
Well that's made things more difficultAmazon: $219.99, Arrival Date Est. 9/28Target: $227.27 (After Red Card Discount & Tax), Pickup Date 9/25 (Not Guaranteed)Gamestop: $239.24 (After Tax), Pickup Date 9/25 (Guaranteed)Amazon is the cheapest, but I won't be able to play it until early-to-mid next week, Target is about $8 more, but I'm not guaranteed to get my hands on one, depending on who decides to line up outside the store, and Gamestop is the most expensive, but my name is one one and I'll get able to get it day 1 without issue.Man oh man this is a hard one.
Thank you for taking care of the math. I will start at Target and grab the bundle if they have it. If they do not I will grab pre order from GS at my leisure.

Haven't bought a Vita yet, but this one is peaking my interest. I know it's on the end of it's life cycle, but I have tons of games from PS Plus to play on it. Doesn't seem like this is going to fly off the shelves though, so am I just better off waiting?

That Redcard discount is nice with a savings of $12ish, but I'm likely going to stick with my Gamestop pre-order.

1. Personally, I know my store will hold it for me without selling it.

2. They were nice enough to give me their huge store display poster of Super Mario Maker when I put down $50 towards my pre-order of the bundle.

3. They're holding one of the Super Mario Maker pre-order posters for me, along with one of the Animal Crossing: Happy Home Designer pre-order posters when picking my bundle up.

I guess that's a decent trade off, not having to get up extra early to go to Target or hoping that they haven't actually sold out of the bundle after work.

Haven't bought a Vita yet, but this one is peaking my interest. I know it's on the end of it's life cycle, but I have tons of games from PS Plus to play on it. Doesn't seem like this is going to fly off the shelves though, so am I just better off waiting?
Yes, I think almost everyone is expecting a permanent price drop this year. Although Sony may just say fuck it and leave it since they don't really care all that much if it sells in the USA.

Yes, I think almost everyone is expecting a permanent price drop this year. Although Sony may just say fuck it and leave it since they don't really care all that much if it sells in the USA.
pretty sure Sony hates the Vita period. Seems like only 3rd parties keep it going.

pretty sure Sony hates the Vita period. Seems like only 3rd parties keep it going.
Yeah, Sony really dropped the ball on the Vita, and have never seemed concerned to pick it back up. For me, I have more games on my Vita than any other system I own, and there are tons more games coming through out this year.

This system is doing decent even though Sony could care less. Can you imagine if they gave a damn, how mauch better it could be doing? Oh well, shit happens!

At this rate 3rd parties keep vita alive and sony ps4 on the race with xbox 1. I will not & never ever support sony next handle.
I'm not sure I'm taking quite as hardline stance as yourself but I'm definitely not jping on board with MorpheusPlaystationVR given their history of not supporting their products/initiatives. They've burned their goodwill with me in their handling of the Vita.

I'm torn on which one of these to get. I have for some reason always want a white DS even back to the the regular DS days but never gotten one. I do not care about the face plates though and honestly do not care about the game (I liked new leaf, maybe this will surprise me but I just don't have a good  feeling about it). It's not like the face plates will be very rare for selling either, considering this is currently the only small 3DS for sale in america. Maybe in a year people will want to buy them. I also like the Hyrule Gold 3DS a lot, and zelda editions tend to re-sell better.
All in all I think I prefer the small white 3DS,  but I expected that atleast to come at a discount over the XL and it just doesn't seem like there is much of one here. Hmmmmm

Given GS recent stance on digital bundles, I wonder if I could swing a physical copy of ACHHD, instead. I'd keep my pre-order if that was the case.

Given GS recent stance on digital bundles, I wonder if I could swing a psyhical copy of ACHHD, instead. I'd keep my pre-order if that was the case.
I just read about their new policy a few minutes ago, WTF!? Do we think "N" will go along with this policy? It seems to be mainly focused at Sony & MS, but I would love a physical copy for this bundle as well, but I don't see that happening.

Got a shipping confirmation e-mail for my cover plates, charging cradle, and screen protector this morning, so that should be here on Monday. All I have left to do is buy a MicroSD card and I'm good to go. Bring on the N3DS! It's been a long 8-month wait.

Got a shipping confirmation e-mail for my cover plates, charging cradle, and screen protector this morning, so that should be here on Monday. All I have left to do is buy a MicroSD card and I'm good to go. Bring on the N3DS! It's been a long 8-month wait.
the you may want this http://www.walmart.com/ip/Samsung-64GB-EVO-Class-10-microSD-Card-with-Adapter/37455295?affillinktype=10&dest=9999999997&oid=100143.1&sourceid=19222569363625501114&u1=2e10c2d6390b47c4af56ea18b774e0b4&veh=aff&wmlspartner=lw9MynSeamY 64GB under $20 sounds like a deal (compared to the vita) just remember to format the card in a pc as Fat32

There was a sale that week that everyone wanted to price match, it was also the first "white" XL released here, and it's Pokemon based. That was the "perfect storm" at the time. I don't think this will be that crazy, but it could happen, who knows?
was thinking this too.

Does anyone know how the new 3ds (non xl/ll) released in Japan? I wonder if there was just a white or black base model that did not come with faceplates. After this AC bundle, buying a white base new n3ds just for faceplates (and I guess product box) is a bit crazy even for me but I'm only a semi-hardcore collector

I just read about their new policy a few minutes ago, WTF!? Do we think "N" will go along with this policy? It seems to be mainly focused at Sony & MS, but I would love a physical copy for this bundle as well, but I don't see that happening.
What the fuck is "N" and why do you post it over and over in every thread.

Is Nintendo ironic to you?

was thinking this too.

Does anyone know how the new 3ds (non xl/ll) released in Japan? I wonder if there was just a white or black base model that did not come with faceplates. After this AC bundle, buying a white base new n3ds just for faceplates (and I guess product box) is a bit crazy even for me but I'm only a semi-hardcore collector
I believe in Japan and EU, they offer base models with just black or white plates. They also have bundles that come with the customs plates, and niether base color plates. Then there are bundles that have the custom plates, and still come with the base plates as well. It depends on the region, and the bundles. We still have no idea if our bundle will come with the base white plates, or if it will just included the AC ones.

I believe in Japan and EU, they offer base models with just black or white plates. They also have bundles that come with the customs plates, and niether base color plates. Then there are bundles that have the custom plates, and still come with the base plates as well. It depends on the region, and the bundles. We still have no idea if our bundle will come with the base white plates, or if it will just included the AC ones.
If ours came with 3 sets of plates I'm sure they would have announced it by now and it would be in the item descriptions, though I think its odd they don't sell Black and White plates separately. I honestly didn't even realize our bundle even came with 2 sets until I saw it posted on another site.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UF3nL8BAc3o

This is one video showing how this may come here in the states. Just because they haven't announced the normal plates, doesn't mean there not included. This bundle includes the standard black unit in its retail box, and the extra plates are included in a bigger outer box.

There is also a clip of a Japanese bundled set(I can't currently find it), but that unit has the custom plates in the actual retail box, and they take the place of the basic colored ones(so they aren't included). I could see NoA going either route and not saying anything about it.

No way Nintendo is going to make a special bundle for Gamestop with the physical game instead just for Gamestop. And Gamestop's threat is basically that they're going to approach third party companies directly to bundle their games, good luck with that on Nintendo systems. They could do their own bundle and take out the digital Animal Crossing Game this time around, but then they'd still have the digital game, so why?

I called a local GS and they had no clue what I was talking about. XD

Got a payment request for the screen protectors I backordered on AmiAmi, barely took a week. Came out to around 13$ after EMS shipping, they had a decent variety of them that can still be ordered. (Nothing from  Hori though I believe)

Got my faceplates I ordered from Amazon 3rd party japanese sellers yesterday, happy because estimated (with no tracking) was about 5 days after the new 3ds releases, so I'm ready now! :)

I wonder if GS will allow picking up the AC n3ds at midnight (since it's already confirmed that the amiibos can be picked up)? There's going to be a lot of confused NBA2K fans lol

I'm thinking at this point I'll pick up the Gamestop pre-order no matter what, and then on the 25th seriously decide whether I'd rather go with Best Buy or Target instead.

I figure it's easier and less awkward to return the purchased system instead of asking for a refund on the pre-order.

bread's done
Back