NEW & IMPROVED Pokémon X/Y & OR/AS distribution event thread (current - Darkrai, Registeel, Regirock, Regice, Zygarde)

Yeah, I think a lot of people were hoping this was just going to be a QR code,, so this sucks, I only have the Pinserite since I have X and can't get Heracrossite or whatever it's called. If they tell you you have to preorder don't let them make you, this is supposed to be a free event.

If they tell you otherwise show them this link. It may help and the only mention of preordering is if you want the poster they are giving out.

Last edited by a moderator:
I was at my GS and showed that same link and they still wouldn't give me the code for free. They said there was a promo change and that it hasn't been updated on the site yet.

I was at my GS and showed that same link and they still wouldn't give me the code for free. They said there was a promo change and that it hasn't been updated on the site yet.
You had to pre-order one of the new games to get the code right?

That's what I was told, but they didn't even have the codes yesterday.

Went to a GS today, they had the codes, guy tried to get me to preorder, I told him that's not a requirement, was about to pull out my phone and show him the site, but the lady behind him, manager maybe, said "Oh, he's just inquiring to see if you're interested" and handed my wife and I codes. I have NEVER seen someone hate their job as much as that man. You could see it written all over his face. I felt dirty all over whwn I left.

Tried getting a code at my local GS, but the guy wouldn't give them out unless you preordered the next Pokemon game. If anyone is able to get an extra code, please shoot me a PM.

Picked up a card wasn't asked to pre order the game but I did anyway as the guy was clearly a little upset I was cancelling a pre order

For anyone who's gamestop would not give them a code, you can call Nintendo and they will email you a code. I spoke with a man on the phone and briefly explained that my gamestop said they did not receive the codes for it and he asked for my email and sure enough a few hours later I received an email with a code! Nintendo's phone number is 800-255-3700. In case you are wondering if it is worth it I spent a total of 8 minutes on the phone (including being on hold).

Well I was excited to get a Celebi, but im not fucking paying for a subscription to pokemon bank even if it is $5/yr. Stupid, i reserve my right as a CAG to spend that five dollars on something more useful, like a full size game!

http://www.gamespot.com/articles/free-pokemon-x-y-diancie-and-shiny-gengar-offered-/1100-6422181/

Pokemon game players can bolster their collection of in-game creatures in October, when GameStop will be giving away two special Pokemon to promote some upcoming releases.

From October 13 through October 26, players can visit a GameStop store in the US to receive a card containing a code for a Shiny Gengar for use in Pokemon X/Y. This Gengar will come holding a Gengarite Mega Stone, allowing it to Mega Evolve into a Shiny Mega Gengar.

Following this, from October 27 through November 16, GameStop will be offering Diancie (the previouslyunobtainable Mythical Pokemon) for Pokemon X/Y. Once you've gotten your hands on one, you'll be able to take it with you into Pokemon Omega Ruby or Alpha Sapphire, where you'll then be able to get a Diancite Mega Stone that allows it to Mega Evolve into Mega Diancie.

Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire launch on 3DS on November 21. This giveaway is intended to not only promote their release, but that of the latest expansion to the Pokemon Trading Card Game, XY Phantom Forces.

2647376-pokemonfree.jpg

Dat Shiny Gengar.

mega shiny gengar doe. Kreygasm. going to try to grab a couple of those to save 1 unscratched

For the Gengar and other pokemon event, do you think it will come through having to download the pokemon at a Gamestop store, or will it be the like the current pinsir/heracross event where you get the scratch off code.

For the Gengar and other pokemon event, do you think it will come through having to download the pokemon at a Gamestop store, or will it be the like the current pinsir/heracross event where you get the scratch off code.
Article states for the Gengar event that you'll get a card, I assume it'll be the same for the other event.

I believe it's going to be a card with a code like Pinsir/Heracross. I actually prefer it that way. No more having to be a mid-twenties nerd going in there with your 3DS and like "Yeah, I'm here to get my free Pokeman. At least with the card, only the cashier (who makes minimum wage and probably plays Pokemon himself) will know of your nerditry

I believe it's going to be a card with a code like Pinsir/Heracross. I actually prefer it that way. No more having to be a mid-twenties nerd going in there with your 3DS and like "Yeah, I'm here to get my free Pokeman. At least with the card, only the cashier (who makes minimum wage and probably plays Pokemon himself) will know of your nerditry
I usually just park in front of the store and download. Now, it's actually worse. LOL

damn that white gengar is amazing. hopefully diancie is also cool promo starts day sunset overdrive is out so at least I already have to be in the store

Got my wife and I Gengar over the weekend. Nintendo really needs to stop with these codes. Went to a GS while we were out shopping, asked for a code and immediately was asked if I had a preorder, when I told him it was at a different store (TRU, but didn't say that) he said I'd probably have to go to that storw to get it. After checking with another employee, he gave me one. I asked for one for my wife since we both play, who was standing right next to me, he said "Sorry, 1 per" and then stopped mid sentance. I said "1 per what, person? Because there are two of us." He just stood there like I had 9 heads and shrugged, we got frustrated and left. We wound up near a different GS, with the nicest people I have ever met who gladly gave my wife a code and were shocked, saying they've been giving extras to whoever asks. It's funny because as we left I saw a poster promoting thw event saying "No purchase necessary." GS is just taking advantage of this promo and Nintendo just needs to terminate it and release the specials a different way.

Dang. Every Gamestop I've been to is all out. Seems to be in high demand this time. Oh well, I already have a shiny Gengar anyway, so no big loss.

If anyone else has extras and would like to spare one, I'm also looking for one.  O:)

Edit: Gamestop is the only way to get one, correct? I re-read the first post.

the oras demo codes just went out to those with the pokemon trainer accounts
I see where it says "enter this code", but I don't see the code in the email..

Edit: Looks like there's a known problem for many people. All I see is a box with the word 'coupon'. Not sure what the solution is.

I want that Shiny Gengar, but all I have is HeartGold Pokemon wise.  If were to get a code, would I still be able to redeem it without have X or Y?  Thanks ahead.

I want that Shiny Gengar, but all I have is HeartGold Pokemon wise. If were to get a code, would I still be able to redeem it without have X or Y? Thanks ahead.
you cant redeem the pokemon in heart gold no. But I am curious if you dont play new pokemon games why are you interested in the mystery gift?

bread's done
Back