NEW & IMPROVED Pokémon X/Y & OR/AS distribution event thread (current - Darkrai, Registeel, Regirock, Regice, Zygarde)

As much as I hate to post this, there is a free browser-based pokemon generator for anyone looking to make legit or obviously hacked Pokemon. I'm not a fan of cheating your way through Pokemon games, but certain ones like Mew or Victini would require years of waiting for an event. If you have interest in using it, here is the site (link) and description of how to use it (note, you must have an older 3DS to use it):
Just pointing out that no Pokemon obtained using the browser exploit are legit. They'd at best be legal.

And while the exploit didn't work in the New 3DS models, Nintendo released a system update earlier this week that fixes the exploit in older 3DS models.

I did it to get Mew and a few other legendaries. I don't play competitively so why not? It's cool to be able to use Pokemon I would otherwise have no chance of getting.

But yeah, if you play competitively, I don't think they should be considered 'legit'.

I did it to get Mew and a few other legendaries. I don't play competitively so why not? It's cool to be able to use Pokemon I would otherwise have no chance of getting.

But yeah, if you play competitively, I don't think they should be considered 'legit'.
I agree .....as a casual gamer having Mew is awesome for me

Actually, collectors would generally be more concerned about legit and battlers would care about legality. A battler wouldn't necessarily care about things like shininess, where a Pokemon was caught or what ball it is in, since those things have no bearing on the outcome of a battle.

But a collector would care, especially if they're going to be trading. If all you care about is having Mew registered in your Dex before Nintendo has an official event for it (and you don't want to bring up one from a prior Gen event), hack / glitch away. But if you're ever in the position to trade it, just be honest about how it was acquired and be fine with it if the other person doesn't want it.

Actually, collectors would generally be more concerned about legit and battlers would care about legality. A battler wouldn't necessarily care about things like shininess, where a Pokemon was caught or what ball it is in, since those things have no bearing on the outcome of a battle.

But a collector would care, especially if they're going to be trading. If all you care about is having Mew registered in your Dex before Nintendo has an official event for it (and you don't want to bring up one from a prior Gen event), hack / glitch away. But if you're ever in the position to trade it, just be honest about how it was acquired and be fine with it if the other person doesn't want it.
Fair enough. I'm not looking to trade, and would certainly never deceive anyone. The only special Pokemon I get are the Wifi codes, so I've never had a chance at someone like Mew. It's strictly to use in-game for my own fun.

Yeah, I'm not a fan of the generated pokemon, but I do make an exception for clones of event pokemon.  As long as it's an identical clone, I'm fine with it, since it's exactly what someone would have gotten from the event that's no longer available.  That said, I wouldn't be trading them anyway, so it's not really a big deal for that either.

As much as I hate to post this, there is a free browser-based pokemon generator for anyone looking to make legit or obviously hacked Pokemon. I'm not a fan of cheating your way through Pokemon games, but certain ones like Mew or Victini would require years of waiting for an event. If you have interest in using it, here is the site (link) and description of how to use it (note, you must have an older 3DS to use it):

http://pokemonqrcode.com/index.php?route=common/home

Step 1: Go into your internet browser on your 3DS and under the setting menu, clear the History and Cookies, then exit the browser via the Home button

Step 2: go into your X/Y/ORAS game and organize your PC boxes in such a way to leave the very first spot in the very first box open, then exit the PC

Step 3: exit the game via the Home button on your 3DS - Leave Pokemon running in the background - and open the camera with L + R and select the QR Code scanner

Step 4: scan the QR Code for the pokemon you made on the website and choose to open the browser

Step 5: once the browser opens and crashes, exit to the main 3DS menu via the Home button and reopen your pokemon game

Step 6: open your PC and BAM! your pokemon will be in the first slot in the first box

Like I said, I'm not a fan of services like this because it takes away from the experience, but you paid $40 for the game, so you can do what you please with it
Thank you for this! This is amazing. I'm glad I don't update my 3DS :D

Got 2 more codes from Gamestop. Hit me up if you need one

Please post "PM Sent" so people know you inquired and my inbox won't have 40,000 messages asking for the freebie. Thanks

Last edited by a moderator:
If anyone have an extra code, please PM me.  It's for my niece and I can never seem to find these.  Thanks in advance.

Man, the events for OR/AS in America have been really sparse..

Were sales that bad or something?
Nintendo announced sales of 10.27 million for the pair. The Wikipedia article on best selling games has FR/LG at 11.82 million and HG/SS at 12.72 million, so after 9.5 months of release, it seems to be in line with prior remake pairs.

Nintendo of America just has a pretty poor track record when it comes to events compared to Japan, period. And other regions have it worse.

This may be off topic, but I recently started re-building my Pokémon card collection and I have a ton of codes for free online booster packs and other random rewards for the online trading card game. I have no use for them, if anybody wants please let me know.

This may be off topic, but I recently started re-building my Pokémon card collection and I have a ton of codes for free online booster packs and other random rewards for the online trading card game. I have no use for them, if anybody wants please let me know.
i would love to take them off your hands mate!

I'd take some as well.

same Diancie as from the Gamestop event with the code on the card?
Basically. Except for Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire instead of X & Y like the GameStop event.

Dropping more Pokémon online TCG codes tonight. PM me if interested, those that were polite enough to thank me and share with me what the codes unlocked get priority.

A shiny Rayquaza knowing Dragon Ascent is available through Internet Mystery Gift for OR/AS for US carts.  The official site hasn't announced it yet, but Serebii has some info on it.  It matches one currently available to Australia carts with serial codes.  Might be available to other regions.

Edit: Official site updated with info.  Will be available in the US until Sept 14.

A shiny Rayquaza knowing Dragon Ascent is available through Internet Mystery Gift for OR/AS for US carts. The official site hasn't announced it yet, but Serebii has some info on it. It matches one currently available to Australia carts with serial codes. Might be available to other regions.

Edit: Official site updated with info. Will be available in the US until Sept 14.
Came here to post this even if a bit late. Glad someone else was on top of it.

Also, there's a Mega Sharpedo distribution if you're going to the Pokemon World Championships next weekend, and a possible Pikachu distribution if you enter the new Electric-only GTS competition and it's one of the most-used Pokemon. Details are on the front page of Serebii.

[customspoiler=For the Lazy] [/customspoiler]

In The Games Department

Pokémon - Pikachu Cup

Registration for the latest Battle Competition has begun. The Pikachu Cup is a Double Battle Competition where only Electric-type Pokémon can enter, including those who have been transferred from previous games. The Pokémon Zapdos, Raikou, Arceus, Thundurus and Zekrom cannot be used. Registration opens August 13th through August 20th while the battles run from August 21st to August 23rd. There's a special prize for entering, but it's dependant on Pikachu's placement in the most used Pokémon (Cosplay Pikachu doesn't count to this). If first to third, a special Pikachu will be distributed. If fourth to twelfth, a Light Ball and if it isn't in the Top 12, 1000 PokéMiles will be given

Side-note: Does anyone here play Pokemon Shuffle? I was considering starting a thread but I'm not sure how many people actually play the damn thing.

A shiny Rayquaza knowing Dragon Ascent is available through Internet Mystery Gift for OR/AS for US carts. The official site hasn't announced it yet, but Serebii has some info on it. It matches one currently available to Australia carts with serial codes. Might be available to other regions.

Edit: Official site updated with info. Will be available in the US until Sept 14.
Just a reminder that this ends tomorrow

I have been slacking and still havent gotten it

does anyone have any online pokemon tcg codes I just got into it and well there are too many people with op cards in the game and it is hard to play.

I Have to go to mcdonalds to get a pokemon? I probably still will but I now I will look dumb
If it's anything like the Gamestop distributions, depending on their signal strength, you could probably just sit in your car outside and still get it. That's what I've done in the past.

bread's done
Back