New Kmart Clearance Price Drops (YMMV)

Irsaan

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
I just got back from my first trip to Kmart since the incredibly terrible "10-50% off clearance games" ad from 2 weeks ago, and this time there were quite a few unannounced drops. What I saw was:

:ps3:
Bioshock GH $6.99 (previously $9.99)
Front Mission Evolved $9.99 (previously $19.99)
Rock Band Country Pack 2 $4.99 (previously ?)
Dragon Age II $17.99 (previously $19.99)
There were 3-4 other rock band track packs for $4.99 also (previously ?)

:360:
Bayonetta $9.99 (previously $19.99)

:ds:
Glory of Heracles $9.99 (previously $14.99)

If I go again in the next few days, I'll let everyone else know what else went down. Best of luck to everyone finding some other deals!

(PS, if I screwed this up somehow, sorry)

Wait. Dante's Inferno is cheap? I never finished that and even though it's a blatant ripoff of God Of War I'd likely try to finish it for $4.50 or so(if it was $6 before discount).

Also...isn't that Buzz Quiz World kinda hard to find or is it just the bundle that's selling for a lot?

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']Wait. Dante's Inferno is cheap? I never finished that and even though it's a blatant ripoff of God Of War I'd likely try to finish it for $4.50 or so(if it was $6 before discount).

Also...isn't that Buzz Quiz World kinda hard to find or is it just the bundle that's selling for a lot?[/QUOTE]

It's the four player bundle that's rare as hell. eBay
Don't scare me like that, lol. I brought Dante's Inferno from my own collection. I paid $7 for it from BBV 3 for $21 or whatever it was. It was just so boring. Glad I was able get $10 or $12 for it.

[quote name='CheapAssHustla']It's the four player bundle that's rare as hell. eBay
Don't care me like that, lol. I brought Dante's Inferno from my own collection. I paid $7 for it from BBV 3 for $21 or whatever it was. It was just so boring. Glad I was able get $10 or $12 for it.[/QUOTE]

Wait, I think I have one of those sealed on my shelf downstairs.

[quote name='CheapAssHustla']If you do, sell sell sell! Lol[/QUOTE]

Yup, I have one. I paid $9.98 (50% off ) on clearance at target (or less since I used buy at 75%). :whee:

[quote name='slowdive21']Yup, I have one. I paid $9.98 (50% off ) on clearance at target (or less since I used buy at 75%). :whee:[/QUOTE]

That's crazy man. I didn't even know about clearance back then. Looks like I missed out. Nice find though! :applause:

[quote name='CheapAssHustla']That's crazy man. I didn't even know about clearance back then. Looks like I missed out. Nice find though! :applause:[/QUOTE]

I don't think it was too long ago...I bought Star Wars Force Unleashed 2 CE and Sly Cooper Collection PS3 on clearance the same week I believe. I remember I was debating if I should keep it or not, so I probably paid $9.98. I know I have the receipt somewhere, but I can't get to it at the moment.

I'm going to be on hoarders one day.

[quote name='slowdive21']I don't think it was too long ago...I bought Star Wars Force Unleashed 2 CE and Sly Cooper Collection PS3 on clearance the same week I believe. I remember I was debating if I should keep it or not, so I probably paid $9.98. I know I have the receipt somewhere, but I can't get to it at the moment.

I'm going to be on hoarders one day.[/QUOTE]

My kmart never has these games on clearance, they only have those "great value !" Stickers and the clearance shelf in the electronics section has no games on it period !

[quote name='CheapAssHustla']My haul:
[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the list. Gonna WordPad it and print it out. It seems, not everyone on this site shares.

The Buzz Quiz bundle is pretty rare. If you see one, buy all of them in plain site. Because three months ago, I came to Kmart looking for NCAA Basketball 10 - $14.XX (was fetching up to $80+ during March Madness) and saw 4 of them right in front of me (not behind the window, but outside near the Guitar Bundles shelf) with a price tag for $12.9X. I was like "Oh hell Nah" and bought all four without hesitation. I ended up selling them on Amazon for $125 each, all sold within 2 days. No Joke. The profits I made ended up almost paying for my Vegas Trip a week later.

Damn damn. I think I saw those Buzz bundles at Target, last year, and blew them off. Appears their value has increased!

So are these clearenced games you guys find marked clearence? I want to go out and do some flips but my Kmart never has these games marked as clearence.

Ughhh...I want to go back to one of my nearest K's to see if there is anything else decent to grab, but after the 45 minute ordeal I went through last week just to purchase 2 games, I don't know if I have the stomach for it this week (at least without slapping one of the employees).

[quote name='postaboy']The Buzz Quiz bundle is pretty rare. If you see one, buy all of them in plain site. Because three months ago, I came to Kmart looking for NCAA Basketball 10 - $14.XX (was fetching up to $80+ during March Madness) and saw 4 of them right in front of me (not behind the window, but outside near the Guitar Bundles shelf) with a price tag for $12.9X. I was like "Oh hell Nah" and bought all four without hesitation. I ended up selling them on Amazon for $125 each, all sold within 2 days. No Joke. The profits I made ended up almost paying for my Vegas Trip a week later.[/QUOTE]

That's a good return on that initial investment. I never sold anything on Amazon. What kind of fees are associated with Amazon? I'll have to keep an eye out for them in the future. @ChunLiBarbie, you're welcome. I don't mind sharing my finds.

[quote name='CheapAssHustla']That's a good return on that initial investment. I never sold anything on Amazon. What kind of fees are associated with Amazon? I'll have to keep an eye out for them in the future. @ChunLiBarbie, you're welcome. I don't mind sharing my finds.[/QUOTE]

That is what happened when I was in Kmart a few month ago. I was able to pick up 8 copies of the BUZZ bundle for $20 a pop. Sold them on Amazon for average $80 profit.

[quote name='KtMack23']So are these clearenced games you guys find marked clearence? I want to go out and do some flips but my Kmart never has these games marked as clearence.[/QUOTE]

The titles I picked up had a yellow clearance sticker on them. One hand said it was $19.99 clearance, and it rang up $3.00! You never what the price is going to be, lol. It's great for deal seekers like ourself. ;) There's some that are marked reduced, and those are a gamble. I scanned Biggest Loser that had a $19.99 sticker (reduced) and it was that price. Then another game had a reduced sticker, and out rang up $1 less than the sticker. So definitely YMMV. Hope that makes sense.

[quote name='Uso']That is what happened when I was in Kmart a few month ago. I was able to pick up 8 copies of the BUZZ bundle for $20 a pop. Sold them on Amazon for average $80 profit.[/QUOTE]

I'm definitely checking again today. My store is a gold mine as of late, lol.

2 copies of Imagine: Gymnast $4.50 each
My Virtual Tutor: $4.50
Buzz Quiz World $3.00
2 copies of Guitar Hero: Smash Hits $4.50 each
Sushi Go Round $3.00
Wii - Create $3.00
Are You Smarter Than A 5th Grader $6:00
PBR: Out of the Chute $3.00
Guitar Hero: Metallica $4.50
Fire Emblem: Dragon Sword? $3.00 (kept this one in case it becomes rare down the line) :hot:
and Backyard Sports $6.00

I also brought Dante's Inferno, Assassin's Creed Brotherhood, Bulletstorm. I know it's 13 games and it should be 14 to get the half off price, but I didn't see anything else of value there. I also lost a dollar or two on one/two games or so because the trade in value was a dollar or so less than what I paid. The trade in bonus and $5 gift card made up for it though. All in all good trade in I might add. My coworkers said the games look brand spanking new. ;)[/QUOTE]

Sounds like I should jump in on this. are those prices with the "Buy One Get One 50% off on Assorted Clearance titles" ? Also are you trading in to Bestbuy for the 100% or bonus $35 from GS? thanks!

I checked back at my Kmart because I was looking for those Buzz Bundles. The bundles are long at this point. I did find another copy of Buzz Quiz World, but I decided to leave it there. I know I could've traded it in, but I don't want to risk my account being banned. Hope everyone else has success finding some awesome deals!

[quote name='bittripfan']Sounds like I should jump in on this. are those prices with the "Buy One Get One 50% off on Assorted Clearance titles" ? Also are you trading in to Bestbuy for the 100% or bonus $35 from GS? thanks![/QUOTE]

They went to BBY. I rarely trade into GameStop because I can't stand that store, and they hardly have any deals that I think are worthy. That's just my two cents. At the bottom of the receipt it says discount $15, and I made sure they rang up properly. I even asked both of the cashiers there.

[quote name='CheapAssHustla']That's a good return on that initial investment. I never sold anything on Amazon. What kind of fees are associated with Amazon? I'll have to keep an eye out for them in the future. @ChunLiBarbie, you're welcome. I don't mind sharing my finds.[/QUOTE]

The fees for selling on Amazon is ridiculous. It's something like this.

$125 - Price
$4 - Shipping Credit
$25 - Amazon Fees
----------------------------
$129 - $25 = $104 - $11 (USPS Priority Medium Flat Rate Box) = $93 - $14 w/ tax (Buzz Bundle) = about $79 profits

[quote name='postaboy']The fees for selling on Amazon is ridiculous. It's something like this.

$125 - Price
$4 - Shipping Credit
$25 - Amazon Fees
$129 - $25 = $104 - $11 (USPS Priority Medium Flat Rate Box) = $93 - $14 w/ tax (Buzz Bundle) = about $79 profits[/QUOTE]

Wow, that's ridiculous. Guess I'll keep that in mind if I ever decide to sell anything on there. Now do you have to pay a monthly membership fee or do they charge you per transaction?

[quote name='CheapAssHustla']Wow, that's ridiculous. Guess I'll keep that in mind if I ever decide to sell anything on there. Now do you have to pay a monthly membership fee or do they charge you per transaction?[/QUOTE]

No monthly membership fee. They will only charge you fees every time your item sells. No insertion fees. You can have your item there for months/years. With Amazon, they deduct the fees right away from the total amount the buyer paid with shipping costs once your item sells. You will get your money after you confirm the shipment with tracking. Once you do that, the money will show up in your balance. You either transfer it to your bank account or wait the biweekly automatically transfer.

Last edited by a moderator:
Buzz Quiz World $3.00
Sushi Go Round $3.00
Wii - Create $3.00
Fire Emblem: Dragon Sword? $3.00 (kept this one in case it becomes rare down the line) :hot:

I also brought Dante's Inferno, Assassin's Creed Brotherhood, Bulletstorm. I know it's 13 games and it should be 14 to get the half off price, but I didn't see anything else of value there. I also lost a dollar or two on one/two games or so because the trade in value was a dollar or so less than what I paid. The trade in bonus and $5 gift card made up for it though. All in all good trade in I might add. My coworkers said the games look brand spanking new. ;)[/QUOTE]

Care to share more specifics? You could PM me if you wish. I'm just curious how much you actually got at Best Buy (I think you later said you traded them there) and which games you lost money on. Unless I'm just missing it and you already said...

I didn't find anything worthwhile today. They did have one :ps3: Castlevania Lords of Shadow but it scanned at the sticker price of $29.99. Most other "clearance" games were $19.99.

[quote name='JKSonic']Care to share more specifics? You could PM me if you wish. I'm just curious how much you actually got at Best Buy (I think you later said you traded them there) and which games you lost money on. Unless I'm just missing it and you already said...[/QUOTE]

Already posted. Link

I'll PM you.

[quote name='postaboy']The fees for selling on Amazon is ridiculous. It's something like this.

$125 - Price
$4 - Shipping Credit
$25 - Amazon Fees
$129 - $25 = $104 - $11 (USPS Priority Medium Flat Rate Box) = $93 - $14 w/ tax (Buzz Bundle) = about $79 profits[/QUOTE]
I don't have any of the official numbers from when I've sold stuff, but it's been less than 20%. Not only that but I usually only sell stuff I got uber cheap on there and I usually put it $1-5 under the HIGHEST marketplace offer. Case in point, I sold two of the Black Ops Prestige bundles for around MSRP($150-ish) or OVER that. I paid $15 for them from BB last summer during that closeout sale they did.

So even if they charged me $25 in fees and it cost me $15 to ship(UPS Ground w/ insurance and sig confirmation) I still made $114 after fees and shipping costs. Fees are an unfortunate part of doing business, but if you factor them in when setting your price you can still come out making comfortable amounts.

The absolute best sales I've had on Amazon though had to be copies of the Bad Company 2 spiral bound game guide. Those I got from GS or wherever for $.01 and sold them for $50-60 a copy.;)

Here's a pretty accurate fee estimator for Amazon: http://www.rolbe.com/amazon_marketplace.htm

It has Amazon's rate as 15%, with a $.99 transaction fee and a $1.35 closing fee. Seems pretty spot on.

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']I don't have any of the official numbers from when I've sold stuff, but it's been less than 20%. Not only that but I usually only sell stuff I got uber cheap on there and I usually put it $1-5 under the HIGHEST marketplace offer. Case in point, I sold two of the Black Ops Prestige bundles for around MSRP($150-ish) or OVER that. I paid $15 for them from BB last summer during that closeout sale they did.

So even if they charged me $25 in fees and it cost me $15 to ship(UPS Ground w/ insurance and sig confirmation) I still made $114 after fees and shipping costs. Fees are an unfortunate part of doing business, but if you factor them in when setting your price you can still come out making comfortable amounts.

The absolute best sales I've had on Amazon though had to be copies of the Bad Company 2 spiral bound game guide. Those I got from GS or wherever for $.01 and sold them for $50-60 a copy.;)

Here's a pretty accurate fee estimator for Amazon: http://www.rolbe.com/amazon_marketplace.htm

It has Amazon's rate as 15%, with a $.99 transaction fee and a $1.35 closing fee. Seems pretty spot on.[/QUOTE]

Yeah you're right. I actually get more $$$ (or MSRP) on Amazon than on eBay. I recalled the Buzz Bundle was going for $80+ on eBay during that time. I wasn't sure if people will buy mine at $125 via Amazon with only 6 feedback, but I was wrong. Feedback doesn't matter at Amazon.

Best sales for me on Amazon was the World of Warcraft Azeroth Map which I got for .01 cent or came with when you purchased the game. I was cleaning my closet one day and found out I had a lot (13 + 11 from friends) of NEW World of Warcraft Azeroth Maps from BestBuy that I picked up 5/6 years ago. I listed two of them for $30 and was surprised to see them sold in a day. I changed the price up to $60 and sold all of them within 2 months. So .13 cent spent plus .11 cent (free from friends) turned to $1000 after fees lol.

I just got back from my closest Kmart. I price checked the piddily 2gb PSPGo memory card I bought last month for $8. Still $8 so I returned that.

I then had them do a return/rebuy on the :ps3:Tony Hawk Ride bundle that I paid $6 for last month and picked up a :360: wireless DJ Hero bundle, which was unmarked but scanned $10. I checked the DJ Hero bundle while I was in store cuz it looked like it'd been opened. The game was in there still sealed and the deck controller. Hopefully that's all that was in the bundle at launch or else that's going back due to being incomplete.

Best part is the THR bundle came up $4.50 when scanned(25% off), so they only charged me $2.25 for it after doing the BOGO 50% off.;)

I also price checked the following(either on my own or having the employees do it):

:ps3:Alice: Madness Returns-$29.99
:ps3:Bulletstorm-$19.99
:ps3:Castlevania: Lord Of Shadows-$29.99
:ps3:DC Universe Online-$49.99:rofl:
:ps3:Just Cause 2-$19.99
:ps3:Ratchet & Clank Future Tools Of Destruction-$19.99

DC Universe Online is particularly hilarious since you can download DCUO and play for free on PS3 now.

The only $6 games they had at that store were the frickin' Guitar Hero shit. They also had a $14.99(or $19.99 I forget which) Value Games marked :ps3:WWE Legends Of Wrestlemania, but I didn't have that price checked.

Went back to my K-Mart, ended up grabbing just Sonic Unleashed (One for 360 and one for PS3). B1G1 50% still wouldnt work, though getting 20$ for barely 12$ was still worth it. I'll just call the support line and see what happens.

Just sucks that the one store with the best selection doesnt do the deal. (Yet the 2 stores with mostly GBA and PS2 games will)

Woohoo, 10$ K-Mart Gift Card ^_^. Gotta love customer service

Picked up:
Dragon Quest Monster Joker 1 (DS)
DMC 4 (360)
Singularity (360)
Pokemon Mystery Dungeon EoD (DS)

for $4.50 each. Plus I picked up a 3D Dot Heroes (PS3) also for $4.50 marked for the "value" price of $19.99 which I "found."

Anybody know how much a DQMJ 1 is worth new online? There were half a dozen copies left and if I can sell them for profit, it would be nice.

Kmart by me put almost all of the clearance stuff back to 19.99 (in front, by registers). The really low clearance stuff was still back in the electronics dept.

The nice thing is that the Kmart and Best Buy are located in the same shopping complex.

Picked up Front Mission Evolved (PS3) for 4.82 and traded it to Best Buy 5 min later for 14.

They had quite a few other titles, but they were Xbox and Wii....wasn't familiar with the titles or the trade values.

Buzz Quiz World $3.00
Sushi Go Round $3.00
Wii - Create $3.00

Create for the Wii is clearanced? Damn. I wonder if the PS3 version is. I saw that at the store I hit earlier tonight and would grab it for $3-6.

@IATCG, yeah man. I thought it would be given that it's been out for a while now. Would you keep it or trade it in? ^Thag's a damn good find for that bundle.

[quote name='CheapAssHustla']@IATCG, yeah man. I thought it would be given that it's been out for a while now. Would you keep it or trade it in? ^Thag's a damn good find for that bundle.[/QUOTE]
I'd most likely keep Create if I grabbed it, since I have dual trading bans from GS and BB.:lol: Then again, I still have Disney Universe I haven't even played from one of the BB sales for $7 or so. That reminds me that I should try and go back to BB and get my copy of DNF PM'd down to $2.99 from the $5 or so I paid.:lol:

I was shocked to still find that DJ Hero bundle at my closest Kmart, but just like the Tony Hawk bundles I guess they have ZERO value pretty much.:cry:

They still had a couple plain PSP's in the case at that store, though the one box was kinda half popped open.:roll: They also had some other stuff not marked with clearance tags, so I'll have to try back there this next month if stuff drops further.;)

I was able to pick up the following from the Salinas, Ca store
NOTE: All were 25% off only.

Wii:

Big Brain Academy - $4.50
Dawn of Discovery - $3 (This is a good game)
Grand Slam Tennis - $4.50
Imagine Party Baby'z - $3
Tony Hawk Shred - $3

DS:

Imagine Gymnast - $4.50
Imagine My Secret World - $3

PS3:

Guitar Hero Metallica - $4.50

Hope this helps someone.

[quote name='captaincold']I was able to pick up the following from the Salinas, Ca store
NOTE: All were 25% off only & everything trades at Best Buy for at-least double what i paid unless noted.

Hope this helps someone.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for sharing your finds! I think I will check this out!

:)

Went to check the price for GoW DS3 combo pack, asked the lady to check the price from the case. She goes to the case and fumbles with the keys for a few minutes until it is finally unlocked. She opens the door and starts to pull the box out, stops with it halfway out the case and looks at the label that was facing outward. "$59.99". I told her that it scanned at $48 a month ago. "Oh. Do you want it?"

Before this she was sitting in a chair at the electronics desk doing nothing. I guess requesting a simple task is too much to ask.

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']Create for the Wii is clearanced? Damn. I wonder if the PS3 version is. I saw that at the store I hit earlier tonight and would grab it for $3-6.[/QUOTE]

I actually checked create on Ps3 today, its coming up 14.99 but I remember someone in the thread said they got it for 3 dollars.. but not at my store, I actually checked 2 stores.

Just took in a haul from my local k-mart, drove up the road and flipped it to Best Buy. My K-Mart had a sign with the games that I picked up that said they "could not fulfill the B1G1 50% so they were substituting 25% off SELECT clearance titles:

Game / K-Mart Price/ Best Buy Trade In [base / Total]:

Imagine Party Babiz :eek: ! [Wii] 3.00 / 3.00 / 6.30

Sonic Unleashed [PS3] 4.50 / 5.00 / 10.50

Little League WS 2010 [PS3] 4.50 / 7.00 / 14.70

Transformers RotF [Wii] 4.50 / 5.00 / 10.50

Singularity [PS3 / 360] 4.50 / 7.00 / 14.70 5.00 / 10.50

Front Mission [PS3] 4.50 / 7.00 / 14.70

Ratchet & Clank: Crack [PS3] 4.50 / 7.00 / 14.70

CID the Dummy [WTF??] [Wii] 3.00 / 4.00 / 8.40

Dawn of Discovery [Wii] 3.00 / 4.00 / 8.40

Happy Hunting! I hope this helps someone out. Needless to say, though I rarely do it, I was very happy with the flipping. I shall some how immortalize the fact that I made $8.70 off of Cid the Dummy and Imagine Babyz. I finally found a use for Wii shovelware.

[quote name='Kingmob46']Just took in a haul from my local k-mart, drove up the road and flipped it to Best Buy. My K-Mart had a sign with the games that I picked up that said they "could not fulfill the B1G1 50% so they were substituting 25% off SELECT clearance titles:

Game / K-Mart Price/ Best Buy Trade In [base / Total]:

Imagine Party Babiz :eek: ! [Wii] 3.00 / 3.00 / 6.30

Sonic Unleashed [PS3] 4.50 / 5.00 / 10.50

Little League WS 2010 [PS3] 4.50 / 7.00 / 14.70

Transformers RotF [Wii] 4.50 / 5.00 / 10.50

Singularity [PS3 / 360] 4.50 / 7.00 / 14.70 5.00 / 10.50

Front Mission [PS3] 4.50 / 7.00 / 14.70

Ratchet & Clank: Crack [PS3] 4.50 / 7.00 / 14.70

CID the Dummy [WTF??] [Wii] 3.00 / 4.00 / 8.40

Dawn of Discovery [Wii] 3.00 / 4.00 / 8.40

Happy Hunting! I hope this helps someone out. Needless to say, though I rarely do it, I was very happy with the flipping. I shall some how immortalize the fact that I made $8.70 off of Cid the Dummy and Imagine Babyz. I finally found a use for Wii shovelware.[/QUOTE]

Cid the Dummy traded in at Game Crazy for $22. So it makes sense.

[quote name='WeaponX2099']Cid the Dummy traded in at Game Crazy for $22. So it makes sense.[/QUOTE]

Game Crazy would be an apt name then. As would Soon to be Bankrupt Crazy etc, etc.

Picked up today 25% off. (Prices listed are already with the 25% off) They had more clearance games but they weren't 25% off.

Samba De Amigo 3.00
No More Heroes 2 3.00
Dead Space Extraction 4.50
Green Day Rock Band Wii 3.00
2010 Fifa World Cup South Africa PS3 4.50
Jeanne D'Arc 3.00
Guitar Hero Smash Hits 360 4.50
Guitar Hero Metallica Wii 4.50
DDR 2 Universe Bundle with Dance Pad 360 4.50

Is it easy to do a price adjustment at kmart? I bought about ten games through four trips of various kmarts in the last month, I know some of the $10 games I bought are now $6 or less.

[quote name='cag1000']So the Best Buy TIV promo right now is 110%?[/QUOTE]Yup, and it lasts all month long.

Also, what happened to the posts from today? There was one with good flips to BBY that I hadn't seen yet (e.g., Singularity, Sonic Unleashed).

bread's done
Back