New XBOX Experience - General Discussion

[quote name='Jesse_Dylan']Anyone else having this problem? I have to sign in manually, and then it tells me the terms of use have changed. I click read the user terms, thinking I must have to accept something, and then it just sits there. Luckily, I can back out of it... and then I'm signed in. I hope I'm not the only one with this problem.[/quote]

This happened to me too. Then I saw something and realized I needed to use a controller instead of the remote control. Is that what you did too?

[quote name='Diablo']I still don't see why we can't be given the choice to update to the new or stay as the old. I want my gamer picture back, damnit.[/QUOTE]

Huh? You can still use gamerpictures.

[quote name='gordojones88']This happened to me too. Then I saw something and realized I needed to use a controller instead of the remote control. Is that what you did too?[/quote]

YES! That must be it! I will try that. Woot, thanks! Might have taken my dense ass a week to figure that out. :)

I think the option of putting the Gamer Pic on a T-shirt would be pretty cool and would still allow them to sell them. That or the Avatar would have a cube head with the Gamer Pic almost as a mask over it.

So, is there a website thats giving the previews for the premium themes? I've seen ones in the thread, but I've also seen people mention that ____ theme looks awesome. How are people seeing them? link anyone? =d

Question:
This morning I made a quick fugly ass Avatar.
Today I changed him around to look like me.
I'm pretty sure the fugly one is still in my gamercard.
How long does it take to change? I made it around 4pm EST.
WILL it change?

[quote name='Azumangaman']Question:
WILL it change?[/quote]

well during the preview my gamercard and avatar on the site were updated within the hour i made them that or somewhere around that since i noticed it fairly quickly

I had a dashboard freeze problem twice in 5 minutes. I could still hear the people in my party talking and they could hear me but the dashboard froze and i couldnt do anything. i restarted and it happened again inside of 5 minutes. Also both times it happened when i was looking through my friends list. Any one else experience this?

Um, I downloaded the update, it played the video, it asked me what account was mine, I chose it and the screen went black. It hasn't done anything and it's been a couple minutes. Should I turn it off?

[quote name='Azumangaman']Question:
WILL it change?[/QUOTE]

No, I think you just have to face the fact that your avatar will always be fugly :p

300px-Swedishchef2.JPG

One thing that the Miis had going for it is you can just keep making them. So you could make friends and family and there really isn't that functionality here. I mean, who didn't make Hitler Mii?

mmm... Netflix streaming is the business... sit down, fire up XB360, pick out 30 Rock Season 2, episode 2, click play, 30 seconds later, it's playing. Nothin' but net!

I've been playing around with it and honestly think this is one of the worst ideas Microsoft has ever come up with. There's so much needless fluff and pointless bullshit they've taken what was a very bland but functional dashboard and turned it into something that Play-School would want to release.

I really hope they provide the option to go back to the original dashboard. Outside of the ability to install games on the hard-drive there's absolutely nothing here for me.

As flawed as it is, the PS3 now has the best dashboard/set-up system.

Yeah, I'm not really feeling it completely, either. In many ways, some of the sub-menus and the marketplace have become easier to navigate, but the entire package feels a bit cluttered. I also wish they would have integrated the old dashboard into this package somehow.

[quote name='bigdaddybruce44']I also wish they would have integrated the old dashboard into this package somehow.[/QUOTE]

Press the guide button.

[quote name='Goodeye']Looks like Marketplace on the web is finally up and working.[/quote]
Yup, I tested it out earlier by buying the new Castle Crashers premium theme, queuing it, and then downloading it. Worked great!

Here's some better pics of the RB2 theme since the ones on NeoGAF were kind of eh. Contrary to what a couple people have said, the background for each friend is not the same. Not sure what possessed me to buy it, but I did.

2ykgmdk.jpg

10hk4qo.jpg

2zdxi8j.jpg

Not the best theme I've seen, but it looks ok.

[quote name='Goodeye']Looks like Marketplace on the web is finally up and working.[/QUOTE]

This is one of my favorite features, it's great to view this content on my laptop and que up downloads! Downloaded the gamer pics to register for the download and win contest and then grabbed the Hendrix track pack.

[quote name='Bioshocked360']So how do you delete the 0 gamerscore games from your gamercard?[/QUOTE]

This keeps getting asked and answered. I'm going to put this in the OP as well...

Guide Button > Left Arrow > Achievements > select game with score of 0 > X button.

[quote name='Bioshocked360']So how do you delete the 0 gamerscore games from your gamercard?[/QUOTE]

you have to access your achievements list from the guide menu (by pressing the center jewel while in a game)... you delete them by pressing x

Guide button -> Left -> Achievements -> Scroll to a 0pt game and hit X

paraphrased from Persona7's post...

I tell you what, the unlimited streaming on Netflix is pretty sweet. I watched Blood: The Last Vampire for the first time. Great quality and this is going to save me some cash in the long run.

The only thing I didn't like was that you have to switch between the PC and the Xbox when you sign up if you don't have a network setup.

NXE+Netflix = Sex. Oh my God, never imagined that I would love it this much. All the seasons of The Office this quick? So nice!

[quote name='bingbangboom']One thing that the Miis had going for it is you can just keep making them. So you could make friends and family and there really isn't that functionality here. I mean, who didn't make Hitler Mii?[/quote]
or Wiisus...

I got a couple questions on the new netflix thing.
A. My brother has it so how do we do that theater thing so we can watch movies. on different consoles.
B. I think I accidently linked my Netflix trial to his account. Is there a way to undo that?

[quote name='newantt']Looks like Ninja Bee has a premium theme for A Kingdom of Keflings, don't think i've seen it listed on the marketplace

Screenshot at: http://www.xblarcade.com/node/2108

Looks alright...[/quote]

I hate having to pay for these damn things. I was all excited about the Fable 2 theme, but then I realized it was 250 space bucks. Come on. These things should be used to promote games, not further rape our digital wallets.

Totally obnoxious and almost comical. I hope people don't fall for it, or for the avatar clothing packs that are probably going to be $5 each. Ludicrous.

[quote name='Diablo']I still don't see why we can't be given the choice to update to the new or stay as the old. I want my gamer picture back, damnit.[/QUOTE]
Why do so many people think their gamerpic is gone?

PRESS YOUR GUIDE BUTTON.

[quote name='jakehoss']I had a dashboard freeze problem twice in 5 minutes. I could still hear the people in my party talking and they could hear me but the dashboard froze and i couldnt do anything. i restarted and it happened again inside of 5 minutes. Also both times it happened when i was looking through my friends list. Any one else experience this?[/QUOTE]

Yes, two or three times. Browsing friends, it will sometimes just hang up for a good solid minute or so, but this never happened in the preview. The photo share app freezes a lot too, especially if you are trying to access photos over a network - but I think that's just a buggy app, not the dashboard itself.

[quote name='captainfrizo']I've been playing around with it and honestly think this is one of the worst ideas Microsoft has ever come up with. There's so much needless fluff and pointless bullshit they've taken what was a very bland but functional dashboard and turned it into something that Play-School would want to release.[/quote]
You haven't pressed your guide button yet, apparently.

As flawed as it is, the PS3 now has the best dashboard/set-up system.

What's number 1? Wii? Really?

Whatever substance your on, is it cheap and where can I get some?

Oh - and I motion that the next person to ask how to remove 0 gamerscore games from the list be given internet torture and death.

bread's done
Back