NFL 2007 Season Thread

[quote name='Azumangaman']
Ok, before I did division champs, now for the playoffs...(check page 1..I think)

AFC Bye Teams:
New England and Indianapolis
NFC Bye Teams:
Chicago and San Francisco (O RLY?)

AFC Champisonship:
Broncos def. Colts (yeah thats right, no PATS)
NFC Championship:
New Orleans def. Philadelphia

Superbowl:
Denver Broncos def. New Orleans

[quote name='Azumangaman']

Superbowl:
Denver Broncos def. New Orleans[/QUOTE]

and how many drink did you have before making this prediction ;)

[quote name='CocheseUGA']Here are my predictions, I will have to look up how I did as far as the postseason projections went last year. I do know I was well over .500, though.

Colts
Ravens
Chargers
Patriots
Bengals
Broncos (head-to-head tiebreaker over Steelers)

Chargers over Broncos, Patriots over Bengals
Colts over Patriots, Chargers over Ravens
Colts over Chargers

Bears
Eagles
Rams
Saints
Packers
49ers

49ers over Rams, Saints over Packers
Bears over 49ers, Eagles over Saints
Eagles over Bears

Colts over Eagles, XLII[/quote]

You almost got it. Just switch the SB to Eagles over Patriots :D

My predictions.

AFC East Champ: NE (Bye)
AFC North Champ: Baltimore
AFC South Champ: Indianapolis (Bye)
AFC West Champ: SD
AFC Wild Cards: Cincinnati & Jacksonville

NFC East Champ: Philly (Bye)
NFC North Champ: Chicago (Bye)
NFC South Champ: N.O.
NFC West Champ: St. Louis
NFC Wild Cards: Seattle & Dallas

Super Bowl: Indianapolis over Philly

[quote name='RAMSTORIA']and how many drink did you have before making this prediction ;)[/quote]
I had quite a few drinks of water, thank you very much.
Honestly, I have no idea who's going to win. I CAN tell you that last year I got my dad to bet on the Saints for the Superbowl last year when they were 70:1. So damn close to the 700 dollars. Oh well.

By the way, I'm 14, so I can't say I deink alcohol :D

[quote name='Azumangaman']I had quite a few drinks of water, thank you very much.
Honestly, I have no idea who's going to win. I CAN tell you that last year I got my dad to bet on the Saints for the Superbowl last year when they were 70:1. So damn close to the 700 dollars. Oh well.

By the way, I'm 14, so I can't say I deink alcohol :D[/quote]

i'm 14 too!

My predictions

AFC North: Bengals
AFC South: Colts
AFC West: Chargers
AFC East: Patriots
Wild Card: Broncos
Wild Card: Steelers

NFC North: Bears
NFC East: Cowboys
NFC West: 49ers
NFC South: Saints
Wild Card: Seahawks
Wild Card: Packers

Chargers over the Cowboys in the Super Bowl

Bonus:
MVP: Tomlinson Runner Up: Peyton Manning
Offensive Player of the Year: Carson Palmer Runner Up: Steven Jackson
Defensive Player of the Year: Shawn Merriman Runner Up: Champ Bailey, Adrian Wilson
Offensive Rookie of the Year: Marshawn Lynch Runner Up: Adrian Peterson, Jacoby Jones
Defensive Rookie of the Year: Adam Carriker Runner Up: Jamaal Anderson
Coach of the Year: Mike Nolan Runner Up: Mike Tomlin

[quote name='mr ryles']Ravens.

But the Way the Colts played Thursday, damn. Not sure if there is any beating that.[/QUOTE]
Yeah there D played ridiculously good and shut down the best offense in the NFC. And of course there offense came out firing. If Addai plays like that all year the Colts are going to be even harder to beat.

My mom is at the Pats vs. Jets game. She is an insane Pats fan, and took a plane ride from RI just to go to the game. If the Pats lose, it will truly be a glorious day.

Falcons and Vikings looks like it's going to be a pretty comical game. Harrington throws an interception to a defensive lineman and the Vike's Jackson injures his hip. This is going to be gold.

[quote name='Dead of Knight']My mom is at the Pats vs. Jets game. She is an insane Pats fan, and took a plane ride from RI just to go to the game. If the Pats lose, it will truly be a glorious day.[/QUOTE]
Your mother just got to see history, and got to see a bunch of insufferable, obnoxious New York fans get stifled. She is surely having the time of her life right now.

Now Pennington is hurt.

[quote name='dafoomie']Your mother just got to see history, and got to see a bunch of insufferable, obnoxious New York fans get stifled. She is surely having the time of her life right now.[/QUOTE]
I know God is doing this to spite me, I just know it.

The Min vs Atl game is putting me to sleep. It isn't because of great defense but shitty offense. Ok the Min D look good but not great.

How could those Jets fans applaud Pennington getting hurt? They've certainly gotten what they deserve the last 40 years.

Plus, Moss is burning more guys than Torquemada right now. Take that Dennis Miller.

[quote name='Illini Jeeper']Falcons and Vikings looks like it's going to be a pretty comical game. Harrington throws an interception to a defensive lineman and the Vike's Jackson injures his hip. This is going to be gold.[/quote]

Not nearly as funny as the time (I think it was the 2001 season) when Keith Traylor, a D-Lineman for the Bears, Picked off a pass from the Jaguars (Brunell?) and ran it back 70 yards before running out of gas. I wish I could find a video of it on the net.

fuckin A. Can people stop fumbling the football in this Carolina/St. Louis games? Foster just cost Carolina a field goal by fumbling on the 3 yard line.

lmao.. f'n Browns.. I have Winslow on my FF team.. they threw to him that whole drive but threw to the fullback for the td...lol... btw. I am a Steeler fan.. but if the Browns do score I'd like Winslow get the points for me...

Don't you just love football season's opening weekend? I always feel like I did on Christmas morning when I was young.

Tennessee is running the ball and stopping the ball on the Jags. Garrard is playing well, but the Titans are playing good football. Jags need to get tougher and run the ball like last year.

Jags need a go to WR...no one has stepped up yet..and to be honest Garrard probably is not the answer at QB either...

Oh baby, my boys really picked it up to slaughter the Falcons.
I wish I could've watched the game, but we didn't get it here :( (I'm up in Canada).
We'll probably get the next game against the Lions though.
:D :D

[quote name='Azumangaman']Oh baby, my boys really picked it up to slaughter the Falcons.
I wish I could've watched the game, but we didn't get it here :( (I'm up in Canada).
We'll probably get the next game against the Lions though.
:D :D[/quote]

We didn't get the game here either (In NC). I wanted to watch it and see how my team would fair and it seems they did great. Peterson did a lot more than I expected from him but thats from Taylor being injured at the start of the game. The defense really stepped it up though, 2 INTs returned for TDs!:bouncy:

Not a perfect game for the Broncos by any means, but a win's a win. I love seeing the FG team haul ass to get set-up in time for Elam to kick the winner.

Well, I can't believe it but the Lions won even with Kitna throwing 2 ints. But McCown are old backup that is starting for the Raiders just couldn't stop giving up turnovers wether it be ints or fumbling the ball. I just hope that my Lions can do better on Defense and we could be a force in the NFC Central.

Texans did really well today. Expect for the one stupid INT, Schaub played an efficient game. What a bomb pass to Andre Johnson for 77 yards.

[quote name='Chitown021']Dammit Bears, too many turnovers. For once it wasn't all Grossman.[/QUOTE]

That interception of Grossman's wasn't his fault either...Berrian should have kept moving. He really left Rex out to dry.

[quote name='DJSteel']btw...Carolina released Dwayne Jarrett..[/quote]

Link?? All I'm seeing is that he was inactive on Sunday. I can't see them cutting a high pick so soon.

[quote name='klwillis45']Link?? All I'm seeing is that he was inactive on Sunday. I can't see them cutting a high pick so soon.[/quote]

ehh maybe it was just the ESPN crew poking fun at Keyshawn.. but Jarrett hasn't looked good at all... and I guess it warranted setting him inactive...

Detroit Lions - 1st Place

GO LIONS! They looked stellar yesterday, despite a lackluster 3rd quarter, the team stepped up and really played some good ball. I love this 4 WR stuff....quality game. Still need to get the running game going, but Tatum Bell had 80+ yards I believe....although some in garbage time.

Calvin Johnson....great job drafting him. Finally a WR panning out. 2 for 4 for the Lions. Not bad ;)

12-4 :D

[quote name='DJSteel']ehh maybe it was just the ESPN crew poking fun at Keyshawn.. but Jarrett hasn't looked good at all... and I guess it warranted setting him inactive...[/QUOTE]

I still don't understand why they got rid of Keyshawn. They already paid him for the year basically. He could help out a lot with regards to the over the middle game and allowing Steve Smith to run deep more. Carolina looked good and Carter looked like he is stepping up, but I don't know if he is going to be enough to help relieve pressure on Smith as the season goes on.

well it doesn't matter... I was jokingly saying they should have drafted Steve Smith out of USC..then Jake can throw to Steve Smith all he wants..there would be two of them.. and since that is all he does anyway...

[quote name='DJSteel']well it doesn't matter... I was jokingly saying they should have drafted Steve Smith out of USC..then Jake can throw to Steve Smith all he wants..there would be two of them.. and since that is all he does anyway...[/QUOTE]

I don't know about you, but if Steve Smith was on my team he is the only person I would be throwing to. If he stays healthy I can see him ending up in MVP contention (he set a personal goal of 2K yards). That said, he did throw to the TE quite a bit and Drew Carter had two of the three passing TD's.

I hope Lorenzo Neal gets what's coming to him after that horse-collar on Mike Brown (Who looks like he will be out ANOTHER season). I can't wait to see Brady, Moss, and the rest of the Patriots beat the crap out of SD next week.

[quote name='CaseyRyback']I don't know about you, but if Steve Smith was on my team he is the only person I would be throwing to. If he stays healthy I can see him ending up in MVP contention (he set a personal goal of 2K yards). That said, he did throw to the TE quite a bit and Drew Carter had two of the three passing TD's.[/quote]

only because he has too.. there was a reason they quadruple covered Steve Smith in the playoffs in 2005... Delhomme sometimes gets tunnell vision and only throws to Smith...

Mortenson reports Eli's out for at least a month, NYG say it's minor and could play Sunday. Hmm...

I mourn as the Ratbirds implode.

Man, Cincy should have way more than 9 points with all of the fumbling that Baltimore's been doing tonight. Wouldn't be surprised to see them give up the lead and lose.

bread's done
Back